Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 22, 2010 5:24 AM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I have awaited this arc since the promo trailer and the start doesn't disappoint. And it is quite interesting to see that an anti-hero joins the storyline (ok, it is just Will who trie to be badass but still...).
Jul 22, 2010 5:39 AM

Sep 2009
Another good episode....seemed like this episode had a different visual approach than previous episodes, could just be me.

I was afraid they were going to forget about Joey and Lina's relationship, but it looks like the next episode will cure that.
saxophone15Jul 22, 2010 10:09 PM
Jul 22, 2010 6:08 AM
Feb 2010
Hey! Im confused! I mean about this episode... isn't what Will's doings right? I mean its a good thing right? Destroying the remains of the skrugg? before it becomes a problem in the future like the companies that his attacking that where experementing the skrugg's stufff and weapons... and i bet the sole purpose of that is to protect some1 he care's which is Lina.
Jul 22, 2010 6:11 AM

Jul 2008
The problem is not that he destroys the remains. It seems that the problem is that he doesn't mind creating victims along the way.

In other words, he is an Antihero: he does what is right but at the same time he doesn't.
Jul 22, 2010 6:37 AM

Jun 2009
I know it was Will who did this, actually I just guess:P
Oh next episode, Beach!! More Lina:D Is she going to get captured next ep?

lol @ the end when everyone said 'Ah.'

Jul 22, 2010 6:52 AM

Dec 2006
That teacher sure has a ginormous rack...
Its seems we are starting to get somewhere but by the preview its seems we have some filler(and fanservice).

Jul 22, 2010 7:43 AM

Dec 2009
saxophone15 said:
Another good episode....seemed like this episode had a different visual approach than previous episode, could just be me.

Yes, I noticed that as well. And it worked for me! I loved the way in which they handled the episode. The masked man being Will was predictable, but they handled it well.

I'm not sure I want another beach episode, but then again, I love fanservice. :P
Jul 22, 2010 7:44 AM
Manga DB Admin
Jun 2010
Well, I enjoyed this one as usual. We got another gif-able Holly scene (which I'm requesting), which is good. Also, it's nice to see that Will isn't a true villain, I think. Overall, this episode was good for plot, but not necessarily very exciting.
And woohoo, a beach service episode, with tentacles. Though I bet they're not going to do that sort of thing...
Jul 22, 2010 7:51 AM

Nov 2007
Denji said:
Though I bet they're not going to do that sort of thing...

Oh, but the fanart... the fanart...
Should be good...
Jul 22, 2010 11:24 AM

Nov 2009
I think it would be illogical that Will would become a true villain unless he was mind controlled again. My guess would be that they can trace the remnants of their technology hence he wants to save Earth by destroying it all? Catch is that he didn't explain though. Oh, and it was nice to see Heroman 'lose' to somebody for a change.

Finally Collins discovers Heroman at the end there. Yay! (Hater of secret identities)
Jul 22, 2010 12:18 PM

Jan 2008
Once again, Heroman appear to be some sort of missing link in japanimation.

Simple plot, but well-handed. There's nothing flashy in this episode, a basic, previsible plot twist that doesn't even try to look better it actually is. It takes less than one minute for Joey to identify Will, no need for tenth of episode for that. If Will would have suddenly dropped his revealing his double geass, i would just have dropped the serie immediatly.
This isn't previsible because the plot is weak, it is because this scene doesn't come out of nowhere. This is actually how a story is written.

This is Heroman, there's nothing more to be expected. Just shut your brain off and watch.
Jul 22, 2010 2:03 PM
Jul 2009
Heh I wondered what happend to Will boy, If heroman stuck out as a sore thumb and got so much attention, I woundered about Will. My guess is he was injured right, he needed treatment, he found other scrugg equipment and secret organizations fiddling with them, something something my mind is trailing off now. But Its good to see him again, the darknight is a good charachter development.

When the teacher showed up I figured she was going to find out, how else would we to see her out side of 5 sec class time. The next ep looks fun, and more joey and lina development, also seriously that very last part of the preview cracked me up.
Jul 22, 2010 5:50 PM

Oct 2009
why stan lee why this anime sucks so much on so many levels
Jul 23, 2010 6:08 AM

Feb 2009
Will became awesome after his training/soul searching/darkness powerup something. That claw was something else, though only hitting Psy's guitar was lame. I thought for a second that Psy will spurt out blood because those claw traces looked a little like he was cut but alas, no excessive violence in this type of show. We already predicted that it was Will but still, being an antihero adds a little spice to the show, along with his foreshadowing whatever it means(though it must mean the final boss of the show.)
And the teacher finding out about Heroman was really surprising and interesting.

Damn, I can't wait for the next episode. Collins and Lina(again) in swimsuits!! I can even ignore that there will be an enemy there as long as I see Lina's legs and the teacher's melons XD.
Jul 23, 2010 11:23 AM
Jun 2010
all i can say is that Rosarch Will is Awesome
Jul 23, 2010 12:04 PM

Apr 2010
Very good episode and loved the Anti-hero Will has become.
Jul 23, 2010 12:45 PM

Dec 2007
wow Will became pretty strong o,o
Jul 23, 2010 1:28 PM

Aug 2009
Awesome new villain. Very comic booky.. Love it!
Jul 23, 2010 9:43 PM

Jan 2009
Ms. Collins is hot on the next episode *drools*
Jul 23, 2010 11:21 PM

Jun 2008
plaync said:
Hey! Im confused! I mean about this episode... isn't what Will's doings right? I mean its a good thing right? Destroying the remains of the skrugg? before it becomes a problem in the future like the companies that his attacking that where experementing the skrugg's stufff and weapons... and i bet the sole purpose of that is to protect some1 he care's which is Lina.

I'm with you. Just let him do whatever his doing and he will stop after that. Probably more will be killed by those weapons than a few guards that he might kill destroying them.

Next episode is beach fanservice filler huh? Did i see a possible tentacle action occurring with Lina there?
Jul 24, 2010 2:14 PM

Aug 2009
WTF @ the next episode preview.

I was amused when Joey was shouting at the teacher. Her face was like 'the hell?' >_<
頭脳は子供、見た目は大人! ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ
Jul 24, 2010 5:09 PM

Aug 2009
heero_fred said:
all i can say is that Rosarch Will is Awesome

Aw, too bad Rosarch is DC because then I could say that was on purpose.

I guess this explains why Collins-sensei is suddenly in the new OP and ED. She becomes part of the group.

Next episode looks like one of those "this is the last normal episode episode before all the serious plot goes down"
Jul 25, 2010 12:51 AM

Jul 2008
i had a feeling that the destroyer had to be will, wonder where he got the upgrade?
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Jul 25, 2010 2:41 PM

Apr 2009
Aaaaaand he's Will. How unexpected. It's an american comic book custom to have characters have sporadic comebacks. I'm pretty sure they'll resurrect the Skrugg boss too.

And now, the highlight of ridiculous reality twists in favor of the plot!
First of all, even after he entered the gym that was clearly full of light from every direction, his skin/shell/whatever was still pitch black. Then suddenly, it turns blue. But only after Joey recognizes him! At the beginning I thought they kept it black because if they showed us the Skruggs' orange it would be too obvious. But no, it was blue. Couldn't they show it to us at least since he entered the gym on?
Then, when Will seems to be hurting Simon, why didn't Joey use his hyperspeed? There is really no excuse for that, except they had no other way to show that Will wasn't so bad after all in the episode's time. But that bends the reality they established in Heroman's world, and that's bad.

Apart from that, I liked the general tone of the episode, and the shape of Will's new character really remembers me of a set of american comic books' characters: right, but twisted and with a lot of problems. Although the raincoat's a little more like Alan Moore.
I think I'll enjoy this arc. :)
Aug 9, 2010 11:48 PM

Feb 2010
So.. how'd Will get a cool looking coat, mask, arm and managed to get strong like that? :O
Aug 15, 2010 5:57 PM

Aug 2008
OK, will looks cool, I suppose. But I found his little speech a bit cheesey. I get it, weapons are bad, life sucks blah blah. I have to admit, what he's doing doesn't necessarily seem bad though. He's still a douche.

Aug 13, 2012 8:29 PM

Nov 2011
LOL @ ending.

Also, Will became badass.
Apr 16, 2022 8:19 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
damnnnnnnnn, WILL IS BACK as an anti-hero to eliminate everything Skrugg
張大です for 張大勇督察

More topics from this board

Poll: » Heroman Episode 11 Discussion

garfield15 - Jun 10, 2010

24 by ayann72_ »»
Jun 7, 2023 12:36 PM

Poll: » Heroman Episode 12 Discussion

garfield15 - Jun 17, 2010

25 by Nurguburu »»
Jul 24, 2022 9:27 AM

Poll: » Heroman Episode 5 Discussion

garfield15 - Apr 29, 2010

49 by Nurguburu »»
Jul 15, 2022 4:21 AM

Poll: » Heroman Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ReaperEXE - Apr 1, 2010

260 by Nurguburu »»
Jun 12, 2022 7:02 PM

Poll: » Heroman Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Chucky - Sep 23, 2010

55 by iamKetranLang »»
Apr 17, 2022 5:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.