Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 6, 12:23 PM

Sep 2022
I googled it to know the timeline of Film Red, it showed it took place after Wano.
Question:-
Aug 6, 12:58 PM
Nov 2023
"One Piece Film: Red" operates within the canon of the series but often takes liberties with the timeline and character appearances for the sake of the movie's plot and entertainment value. Thus, while it is set after Wano, it does not strictly adhere to every detail of the post-Wano events as they might be depicted in the main series.
Aug 6, 12:59 PM

Sep 2022
IMMORTAL_Dstd said:
"One Piece Film: Red" operates within the canon of the series but often takes liberties with the timeline and character appearances for the sake of the movie's plot and entertainment value. Thus, while it is set after Wano, it does not strictly adhere to every detail of the post-Wano events as they might be depicted in the main series.

I have to say I'm disappointed with this.
Aug 6, 1:05 PM
Jan 2020
I would say that after episode 1029-1030/vol104-105 you can watch One Piece Red, however the film used the fact that it is not canon to not worry about where it would fit. It would have to be more or less in the middle of Wano, but the Straw Hats did not leave Wano at any point in the story. The story of the film cannot take place before Wano, since Gear 5 appears in the film, a power that Luffy only acquired after Wano, but it also cannot be after the Wano arc, since in one of the scenes we saw Big Mom alive and well, sending Katakuri to investigate the Elegy Island incident, we can say that One Piece Film Red takes place in a kind of non-canon limbo.
Aug 6, 1:19 PM

Sep 2022
ReMightyRon said:
I would say that after episode 1029-1030/vol104-105 you can watch One Piece Red, however the film used the fact that it is not canon to not worry about where it would fit. It would have to be more or less in the middle of Wano, but the Straw Hats did not leave Wano at any point in the story. The story of the film cannot take place before Wano, since Gear 5 appears in the film, a power that Luffy only acquired after Wano, but it also cannot be after the Wano arc, since in one of the scenes we saw Big Mom alive and well, sending Katakuri to investigate the Elegy Island incident, we can say that One Piece Film Red takes place in a kind of non-canon limbo.

You addressed all of my confusions, and I get it now. Seems every One Piece movie is like that.
Aug 6, 2:01 PM
Dec 2019
ANIk_003 said:
I googled it to know the timeline of Film Red, it showed it took place after Wano.
Question:-

It’s after wano but since not everyone reads the manga, toei is catering to anime only, that’s the best way that can make senses
Aug 6, 6:38 PM
May 2022
Film Red is not canon, there have been a few hints that Uta might be, and it does have some interesting lore tidbits about shanks that are canon, but the movie itself is not
Aug 7, 4:09 AM

Jan 2010
About 99% of anime movies are non canon to the tv series
Aug 7, 8:16 AM
Feb 2014
one piece movies aren’t canon to the series.
Aug 7, 8:39 AM
Apr 2015
I didn't see anything that would stop it from taking place before Punk Hazard, but admittedly there's minor details that I'm sure i forgot about. within the knowledge of the viewer, it should be watched after Whole Cake Island to avoid spoilers. but in terms of canon, I'm gonna have to rewatch to see if anything major is there that i missed.
Aug 7, 10:38 AM

Sep 2022
Animorphimagi said:
I didn't see anything that would stop it from taking place before Punk Hazard, but admittedly there's minor details that I'm sure i forgot about. within the knowledge of the viewer, it should be watched after Whole Cake Island to avoid spoilers. but in terms of canon, I'm gonna have to rewatch to see if anything major is there that i missed.

Come on There's the 5th Emperor and Gear 5 facts both are huge spoilers.
Aug 7, 11:59 AM
Sep 2021
Film Red isn't canon, but it has canon elements.

Like Uta as a character (we don't know/it's unknown if her df powers are canon,
),

some info's about Shanks and his crew (family background, powers, powers of his crewmates/ crew members, etc),

and e.g. that Uta and Luffy are childhood friends and so to say/virtually step/adopted siblings (like ASL).
Aug 8, 3:07 AM
Apr 2015
ANIk_003 said:
Animorphimagi said:

I watched it twice and never saw 5th gear even though I had heard it was in the movie before the first time I watched it. I don't think someone is going to see it unless someone warns them ahead of time. the 5th emperor line was so minor I forgot about it. I'd argue that without context it means nothing.
Aug 11, 6:22 PM
Aug 2022
Simple, it's not Canon. None of the movies are.
Sep 13, 7:20 PM
Jun 2020
Animorphimagi said:
ANIk_003 said:

I watched it twice and never saw 5th gear even though I had heard it was in the movie before the first time I watched it. I don't think someone is going to see it unless someone warns them ahead of time. the 5th emperor line was so minor I forgot about it. I'd argue that without context it means nothing.

You see it for a split second after Luffy and Shank’s final combo. When the dust clears Luffy is all white with the cloud ring around his back, then the scene shifts

More topics from this board

» New Poster of One Piece Flim: Red

TheDeadmanII - May 26, 2022

8 by VincentCannon »»
Sep 24, 8:19 PM

» Is this the worst one piece movie? ( 1 2 )

EndlessMaria - Mar 10, 2023

70 by DestyPuffari »»
Sep 23, 10:47 AM

Poll: » One Piece Film: Red Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Usopp8000 - Aug 5, 2022

256 by PrinceLied »»
Sep 9, 12:35 PM

» So where is Kyuubey???

Hitagi__Furude - Mar 11, 2023

6 by Zarutaku »»
May 23, 6:22 AM

Poll: » Best Film Red Song (Since the movie is now out on streaming services)

Cestlavie_ - Mar 7, 2023

18 by Itzmespooky »»
Jun 7, 2023 5:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.