Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 23, 5:35 PM

Feb 2019
Rich1608 said:
@Marinate1016
Marinate1016 said:
One of the biggest things I’ve loved is the fact that the seiyuus are all brand new and not established names. It really lends a sense of authenticity and raw emotion to all the conversations, especially between Nina and Subaru and now with the addition of Tomo and Rupa it’s even better. Like the argument over the name the band felt like a real conversation between passionate bandmates.

as long as I know, the seiyuu itself was togenashi band member, anyway just for an information
In 2021, Toei Animation, Agehasprings, and Universal Music Japan announced they would initiate a new project which would combine animation with real band activity.

So yeah, they really created a real band then makes this anime and also using the band members for motion-capture, song, and voice acting. And maybe when the anime finishes we still can see they being together on a concert or something.

Yea I heard that a few weeks ago actually!
Jul 2, 3:40 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The five of them are fun together, and they performed live again! Though Momoka's decision to leave the band and now Nina is announcing in front of everyone that she's giving up on school for good...
Jul 2, 3:45 PM

Oct 2017
Truly one of the naming of alltime alright. The song was nice again and so was the animation for the performance. It's always one thing after another with Nina. She now wants to drop out. Mine's beautiful, reminded me of Hizuru. Btw that Rupa butt scene lolz.
Jul 10, 1:52 PM

Sep 2014
Thinking about it again, Rupa and Tomo had a decently popular online presence right? I never really thought about how hard it must be for artists who do, well.. non commercial stuff, to transition to "actual" sellable music.

I mean you might be popular covering anime songs or remixing them for example, but that does not mean you will make it as an artist with your own brand.

Even if you want to support them as a fan, if you dont like the new stuff thats just how it is.

Good to see Nina atleast has one family member she can open up to. I was under the impression she hated everyone back home.

So 4/5 dropouts, is Rupa the 5th? I guess?

And here comes the drama baby!
Comander-07Jul 10, 2:07 PM
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jul 22, 6:05 PM
Mar 2019
Outside moral support.
Jul 22, 7:42 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Another heater from whatever the name was Nina went with at the end lol, ngl tho Nina’s monologues on mic get a bit cringey when she goes on too long so Rupa’s ass bump to get her to shut up won her lots of points with me, she’s officially on the same level as Subaru for best girl even if she’s only been a main character for two episodes at this point, Momoka would be up there too but I’m waiting for her to figure her shit out before being certain on that, although I did like the absolute drama bomb she dropped when she said she was quitting after the next concert, that shit was wild lol.

Also liked the addition of Mine, love me some acoustic guitar, and she had some inspiring stuff to say which got Nina’s mojo back, something her sister didn’t do earlier in the episode. I also liked the car scenes, some goofiness was had along with the reveal of Tomo’s backstory with a tease of Rupa’s, also Rupa being the designated driver also gets her best girl points, that’s a tough job right there lol. And at the end we got yet another bomb dropped, being that Nina is quitting school and dedicating herself to the band, that’s respectable but kinda crazy to just decide right there, but I suppose it is a statement to Momoka so I look forward to seeing how this plays out.
Jul 26, 10:41 PM
Mar 2021
Man, I just can't seem to like the characters so far
Aug 18, 6:55 PM
May 2014
Oh man I hope they don't get sued for that name lmfao

For a bit I thought Momoka was just sidelined a bit to make room narratively for the two new girls, but turns out there's a real reason she was being quiet. Clever. Also love the choice of having her look so dark and bummed out during the performance at the end, when usually she's having fun and soyjacking over how good Nina is. Stuff like that gets big points from me
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Girls Band Cry Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Jun 28

160 by Tacsk0 »»
Oct 18, 6:26 AM

» What you guys think about the main characters?

negatives - May 3

30 by Railey2 »»
Oct 6, 8:01 AM

Poll: » Girls Band Cry Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

IzanaSolos - May 24

112 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Sep 19, 6:03 PM

» GBC to receive smartphone game adaptation.

Tacsk0 - Aug 31

9 by akatsukinoluna »»
Sep 19, 10:57 AM

Poll: » Girls Band Cry Episode 6 Discussion

IzanaSolos - May 10

42 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Sep 18, 6:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.