Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
WIND BREAKER
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
May 22, 5:11 PM

Jul 2013
Reply to Akubyo
So Togame doesn't actually like picking on the weak, respect! And Wind Breaker's fighting choreography is always amazing.

But Togame's backstory confuses me. Choji recognized Togame's strength when he beats members of Shishitoren by himself, leading him asking Togame to join Shishitoren, Togame's confused but goes along with it. Then we get a slideshow of them hanging out and taking down Zinc together. Togame saw Choji kicking and "skinning" the guy who got defeated by "Zinc", he's shocked and questions Choji while telling him that wouldn't make the members stronger but then accepts it so that Choji could continue smiling.

Could someone explain?
I don't understand why Togame is yielding his feelings/beliefs for Choji's smile. Sure, they bonded but the slideshow didn't really provide much details.
@Akubyo togame explained near the end of the slideshow (after the part about strongest = most free) that he was bad at hanging out with people but with choji it felt he could enter the social circle and have fun. choji was very strong and seemed to have the most fun, so togame thought that by making him the leader, it would make the gang better.

basically we can infer that togame was a loner. choji was probably his first close friend. shishitoren was a place of belonging to togame because of choji. and choji was always sunny and smiling and having fun and he was strong. togame wanted him as the leader.

for the part where he wants choji to continue smiling, I'd say it's because pre-dark choji was always smiling and having fun. then choji became the leader and said it wasn't fun anymore. togame can't abandon his first (and probably only one at this point) close friend, so he thought that by taking on the burden of doing the bad things like "Skinning", choji wouldn't have to do this kind of stuff and would focus on smiling and having fun with the gang instead. maybe by staying away from the dark stuff, choji would be able to find his spark again and go back to smiling for real.

but yeah unfortunately that didn't happen. togame became an enabler for choji's mess instead. it seems like his fight with sakura and the whole "chasing a middle schooler" incident is waking him up and making him realize that shishitoren and choji aren't going to get better if he continues on like this.

but he's also losing his will to fight cuz he realized that shishitoren was in the wrong all along so what has he been doing and what would the fight be for anyway?
May 22, 11:17 PM

Aug 2022
Oh yeah we are cooking now, best show of the season
May 23, 3:42 AM

Apr 2015
This is amazing, The backstory for Togame and Choji was uplifting and sad. Every week, This anime surpasses itself. I genuinely think this is one of the best anime this season, It has that Oomph factor.
Sakura is so badass!
May 23, 11:55 AM
May 2021
What an incredible storytelling we have here, it is amazing how they explain to us the characters, and the fights are even greater than the things before. (It can not be compared with Tokyo Revengers, it is an unfair fight....to Tokyo Revengers :D). If you have not started watching this one, you will love it, even the opening and ending are masterpieces.
May 23, 3:15 PM
May 2018
episode 7 was intense.

I was really hoping Haruka could pull through in this fight , but I didn't realize how much of beast Togame is

More so, I did enjoy seeing Togame backstory and why he joined Shishitoren, but it's very concerning why Choji became the leader.
May 23, 3:54 PM
Aug 2021
So he lost his friend but didn't want his friend to walk over to the dark side. So instead he decided he would become a demon for him. He was smoking the MC though. If he wanted to he could have won.
May 24, 1:27 AM

Jun 2019
We got a fight between Sakura and Togame and it was good and we also got some backstory on how Togame joined Shishitoren and how it changed into this type of gang.
May 24, 6:08 PM
Sep 2017
the show is such a high school cringe that its heeling something inside me as a shoujo manga cliche fan
May 25, 9:10 AM
Dec 2019
One of the best episodes ever
May 29, 12:58 PM

May 2020
All this talk about ideals or whatever big words they use, is going over my head. They even try to justify it with some sort of flashback which has to be the most stupid thing I've watched this whole year. I mean that's why parenting is necessary, otherwise you'll have kids like that captain or whoever he is.

Also yeah, that glasses guy was actually a good guy all along.. who saw that coming.
May 29, 6:07 PM

Nov 2011
Aw I'd like to see more backstory of those orange guys, but the minimum they showed here was a blast enough. :)
May 30, 8:51 AM

Nov 2016
If Sakura didn't get the hardest match up it wouldn't be any fun. Not sure if he will win this.

Glad that Togame actually had a good flashback.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 30, 7:01 PM
Jan 2021
I did not expect that this fight would take more than one episode, but once I saw the flashback at the beginning of the episode, I knew it was at least a possibility. This is the first time we actually see Haruka truly struggle in a fight. Against Sugishita, he was struggling a bit, but he never got hit. This time, Jo is proving that he has a lot of skill and he didn’t even start the fight at full power.

I’m glad that Jo confronted the two bullies who decided to pick on a middle schooler. Despite this intense fight going on, this became more about Jo’s journey in meeting Choji and how Shishitoren used to be. Power is a means of being free to them, which in itself was a heartfelt sentiment that we can all understand. In this world, those who have the power decide the rules, meaning that to become free, you need to be strong (not just referring to physical strength).

But something changed once Choji got to that point. His mind became twisted and he had the idea that you aren’t allowed to lose. He ignores how defeat can make someone come back stronger. All he wants is the final result. Regardless, it seems that Choji has become lonely and doesn’t understand what comradery truly is, which is why he wants what Bofurin has.

Haruka is proving what he’s really about, and I’m glad to see him beat his beliefs into Jo. Hey, maybe he can move on and handle things with Choji and become Shishitoren’s leader. Maybe they can become one harmonious group.

For now it’s just a conversation, with FISTS.
May 30, 11:33 PM

May 2015
Togame showed his values weren't all talk when he beat up allies for picking on a middle schooler. I didn't expect him to villainify himself to keep Choji's reputation pure. Quite the interesting twist!
May 31, 6:14 AM
Jul 2021
Reply to SkyFullOfStars
@Akubyo togame explained near the end of the slideshow (after the part about strongest = most free) that he was bad at hanging out with people but with choji it felt he could enter the social circle and have fun. choji was very strong and seemed to have the most fun, so togame thought that by making him the leader, it would make the gang better.

basically we can infer that togame was a loner. choji was probably his first close friend. shishitoren was a place of belonging to togame because of choji. and choji was always sunny and smiling and having fun and he was strong. togame wanted him as the leader.

for the part where he wants choji to continue smiling, I'd say it's because pre-dark choji was always smiling and having fun. then choji became the leader and said it wasn't fun anymore. togame can't abandon his first (and probably only one at this point) close friend, so he thought that by taking on the burden of doing the bad things like "Skinning", choji wouldn't have to do this kind of stuff and would focus on smiling and having fun with the gang instead. maybe by staying away from the dark stuff, choji would be able to find his spark again and go back to smiling for real.

but yeah unfortunately that didn't happen. togame became an enabler for choji's mess instead. it seems like his fight with sakura and the whole "chasing a middle schooler" incident is waking him up and making him realize that shishitoren and choji aren't going to get better if he continues on like this.

but he's also losing his will to fight cuz he realized that shishitoren was in the wrong all along so what has he been doing and what would the fight be for anyway?
@SkyFullOfStars Nailed it. I was confused at first about Choji's heel turn until I took 2 seconds to think about it and realized he had something of an existential crisis, like the dog chasing the car not knowing what to do with it when he catches it and then buckling under the burden of leadership, realizing that makes him not as free as he expected. That made Togame's heel turn very understandable, wanting to protect Choji from having to do the dirty work ("freeing" him from the responsibility that came with his great power) but not willing to challenge Choji's brutality (though you could see in his eyes, his initial reaction to the first skinning was very negative). Great stuff, great episode, great show.
Jun 8, 11:10 AM

Jan 2022
There's no way the MC will win right? Bc that would make it extremely easy to get to the top. It can't be that simple.

Togame just toyed with Sakura, and really tried stomping him like a bug. But Sakura hit back with even more force.

Bro didn't even know why they were fighting lol

Choji rose to the stop and now no longer has fun. That's rough. So that's now Choji lost his spark. Choji used to fight the guys who picked a fight with them, but now they just ostracize the people who were hurt.

Also I looked up Othello and its hilarious that Sakura got that nickname. Its so fitting with the green.

Overall, it seems like Sakura made Togame realize a lot of things about how shitty his gang has become after Choji rose to power. Its not fun anymore. They just bully weaklings.
This never updates so that's cool
Jun 14, 9:10 AM

Nov 2019
Sakura v Kame wasn’t much of a suspense, I really enjoyed the flash back yet again with Kame and Chouji though. There’s a lot more fun and development in the flashbacks plus it feels more organic seeing the characters in their most vulnerable state. Seeing them how they are now while they fight is corny especially with their edgy dialogue. It felt so cheesy hearing them glorify their fight with some random struggle related dialogue. They also found out why Bofurin invaded their territory but seems like they’re still duking it out nonetheless. This is probably going to be another vain attempt at a shounen delinquent series if it continues like this.
Jun 17, 12:52 PM
Nov 2016
So, MC is all talk. He lost the moment slow poke dude was kicking his head in on the ground. Weak sauce.
Too many flashbacks. No one gives a damn about stomach issues past nor slow pokes past.
The MC being weak was the last straw. What's left of this lousy anime if even the MC sucks ?!

BlueSnow93Jun 17, 5:23 PM
Jun 23, 11:08 PM

Nov 2022
I know some people are mad that there was a backstory for half the episode but I personally liked it a lot. It feels like now the fights have a meaning just not mindless beating. It was also interesting to see how Shishitoren got to how they are today.
Jun 24, 12:02 AM

Feb 2019
Nice back story there, but still, that doesn't excuse him for turning to a bully. Sakura's right, they should name their name to "The Bully Club" coz at the end of the day, that's what they do lol
Jun 29, 12:42 PM

Mar 2015
Damn, Togame must've been having a hard time, forcing himself to take on the "bad guy" role.
Jul 1, 7:04 AM
Jun 2019
awesome back story for the other perspective.
Jul 26, 11:28 PM

Aug 2015
Interesting back story from Togame's side.
Aug 14, 7:58 AM

Apr 2024
Sakura vs Togame is going good already. Sakura has the will to never go down while Togame is focused towards a goal that he dreams to happen.
Aug 16, 1:22 PM

Oct 2009
Brilliant ep. Luv the insert song too! Been awhile since I’ve gotten excited to watch a anime. I really luv delinquent manga is probs why
Aug 30, 9:21 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Finally it's Sakura's turn to fight and Togame sure is strong, that kind of backstory though... it didn't convince me much, I don't like their leader at all.
Oct 10, 5:56 AM
Oct 2019
Suspension of disbelief only works for so long
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Wind Breaker Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 27

159 by SenpaiTM »»
Oct 13, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Wind Breaker Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 9

124 by SHS13 »»
Oct 10, 5:30 AM

Poll: » Wind Breaker Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 2

117 by SHS13 »»
Oct 10, 5:05 AM

Poll: » Wind Breaker Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 23

157 by sleepyfuton »»
Oct 7, 7:16 AM

Poll: » Wind Breaker Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 18

107 by SHS13 »»
Oct 6, 10:02 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.