Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 23, 8:29 AM

Dec 2021
Geez, the Winged Bloodline is using everything they've got to beat Crimson.

Borgius, wielding overwhelming power entrusted by Nebulium, dominates his surroundings as he attempts to rescue Ultimatia from the Crimson alternate dimension. However, standing before him is a man who suddenly emerges from within the defeated Chimera. As the Winged Bloodline is cornered, Kamui finds himself battling against a formidable opponent on par with himself, reminiscing about the defeat he suffered at the hands of the Slayer Dragon, Gilzea.

The fights just keep going...

Mar 23, 9:07 AM

Feb 2021
Gilzea uses the first-person pronoun 吾輩 (wagahai) - "I; me; myself​" Male term or language, Dated term, nuance of arrogance.
9:31 This effect is so cool!

There is an illustration at the end? This is the first time this happened, right? Either way, the artist is Takahashi Ken, the director of this anime.

Really cool episode! The enemies are quite interesting characters too.
Last one next.
Mar 23, 9:53 AM
Sep 2015
This episode gives us a glimpse of an upcoming villain that's much much stronger than everyone that fighting right now. But with just one episode left, I don't expect we can explore a new kind of danger. With that said, I do expect a sequel announcement.
Mar 23, 9:55 AM
Sep 2021
The battle is getting fiercer, but it is finally reaching its conclusion.
Mar 23, 10:23 AM
Oct 2020
Ragna really put his own head back on wtf. I guess it's normal to put your head back on in a fight from now on. Also, we get to see my favorite dragon Monarch right now Gilzea the claw dragon monarch. Like how the sun rises and sets if you cut her you get cut. I hope we get to see more of her.
Mar 23, 10:26 AM

Oct 2017
Yo snake is cool af, I sure hope that aint the end of him but Chimera was missing her tail there so does this mean he's gone?

Kamui suddenly got a power up after a flashback, that clawed monarch, Gilzea looked fun, need more or her. Also wtf Ragna can reattach his head now? Wow. Don't really care about Kamui, Ultimatia backstory. No hope for them though, Ragna will end them.
Mar 23, 10:46 AM
Feb 2020
Holy.
Shit.
Man.
Insane episode just pure undistilled hype throughout.Im not usually big shonen guy but this show just lits that fire in u.Many says its just a straight up bad adaptation,i disagree it couldve easily,easily been a lot worst if they didnt care.
Mar 23, 10:48 AM

Feb 2019
Can’t help but wonder what the Ragna and Kamui fight would look like with a better studio/staff. The stage is so grand, literally in fucking space, just let down by production values. Not to downplay the work the staff put in, I’m sure they did the best with what they were given. Even with those complaints tho, still managed to be hype. Like did Ragna really just reattach his fucking head MID FIGHT?!!! That’s mental. Kamui new form is sick too!

Carula backstory with them meeting was very much indicative of their current relationship. Awkwardly sweet is the only way I can describe mixed with an odd tinge of romantic tension. They have definitely kept that energy into present day.

The clawed monarch Gilzea looks horrifying. That design and easily cutting down Kamui.. albeit a younger one, still crazy. I hadn’t even thought about that there’s more monarchs out there. Just what else does this world have in store for us? Even with 24 episodes it feels like this’ll only scratch the surface of it. Definitely gonna need that second season.

Snake was dope in this episode too. That world collapse ability is so broken! It’s hilarious that crimson keep having her plans ruined by her own minions though 😂
Marinate1016Mar 23, 11:07 AM
Mar 23, 1:49 PM
Jul 2016
I was glad that I waited few weeks to binge the past 5 episodes. The non stop action (although with a bit dull production) with the series of character backstory revelations was so good. This is peak. Easily one of best from last season for me. Looking forward to the final ep. Surely it gets another season right?
Mar 23, 3:03 PM
Jun 2023
amazing episode 😍
Mar 23, 4:37 PM
Mar 2023
Reply to zednine
I was glad that I waited few weeks to binge the past 5 episodes. The non stop action (although with a bit dull production) with the series of character backstory revelations was so good. This is peak. Easily one of best from last season for me. Looking forward to the final ep. Surely it gets another season right?
@zednine Wouldn't expect it, not enough material for it and might be years until there is
Mar 23, 5:04 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Dude Ragna really can't stop making that ugly face, huh lmao. And to think he's also able to reattach his head just like the silverware princess. Just how much peeps here refuse to die even after they lose their limbs? Perhaps it's the work of Lia sword, but still, a bruh moment.

Also, Borgius works of greatness before just getting stomped by the unknowns chimera tail and a little sunlight? Not to mention slime senpai still alive kicking, and now he's about to feed himself and those half-dragon kid to master dying Crimson. Very well done, anime.

Shall i also mention the arrival of the new crazy powerful monarch that gives Kamui a certain power-up? While also trying to compensate Tia bs story up to this case?

By all means, i am fed up already so let's just finish this quickly by the end of the next week!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Mar 23, 6:49 PM

Jul 2017
Borgius saving Ultimatia, which Crimson did not account for, it certainly gave him a lot of trouble. If that's not enough, Snake's inherent darkness magic collapsing his time-locked world, only to release both him and Ultimatia, it certainly caused a wrench in Crimson's plans. With Woltekamui being the last surviving inferior dragon, he is forced to unlock his Lighting God Combat Arts, which is his trump card, something which he'd learn from the Clawed Monarch Gilzea, who is the embodiment of absolute death. The taste of defeat, for someone with an alter ego, Kamui has been thirsting for enjoyment for opponents his level, and Ragna is simply just that.

Ragna pushing to his absolute limits against Kamui, and Ultimatia (as Carula) finding herself facing young Kamui under the influence of the Thunder God, even with the fear compelling her to heal him, he made that decision to follow her, and the rest of it is history with the Winged Monarch.

The ending benigns...
Mar 23, 8:14 PM

May 2019
I also did not expect for there to be more dragon monarchs but this episode showed Gilzea who is even more terrifying than the existing dragons. Also, showing more of how Ultimatia came to be and met Kamui was interesting but I thought that could've happened earlier and not while in the middle of the action.

Anyway, with the finale approaching the action has gotten more intense and more characters have died, and I'm not sure who will survive besides Ragna and Crimson.
Mar 23, 8:30 PM
Nov 2016
Reply to Alfredo-Sauce
I also did not expect for there to be more dragon monarchs but this episode showed Gilzea who is even more terrifying than the existing dragons. Also, showing more of how Ultimatia came to be and met Kamui was interesting but I thought that could've happened earlier and not while in the middle of the action.

Anyway, with the finale approaching the action has gotten more intense and more characters have died, and I'm not sure who will survive besides Ragna and Crimson.
Alfredo-Sauce said:
I also did not expect for there to be more dragon monarchs

The anime doesn't bring it much so it's easy to miss or forget about it but it was already stated at the end of episode 2 that there are 6 Bloodlines in total, and of course, each Bloodline has their Dragon Monarch:

Bloodline of Wings (Ultimatia)
Bloodline of Claws (Gilzea)
Bloodline of Roars
Bloodline of Bones
Bloodline of Eyes
Bloodline of Scales
Mar 23, 8:57 PM

Jul 2012
My second weekly dose of stupid pills.
Mar 24, 3:18 AM
Jul 2019
I will watch it eventually
Mar 24, 4:07 AM

Mar 2014
man the main characters are basically immortal regardless of being killed numerous times.
Mar 24, 5:05 AM
May 2021
yoooo the battle is going crazy. How tf did Ragna reattached his head lmao. I guess he has truly become a silver sword. Last episode next week, hyped!
Mar 24, 7:30 AM

Feb 2021
This is gonna be time paradox of head getting cut off again and again XD
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Mar 24, 7:54 AM
Oct 2020
xZabuzax said:
Alfredo-Sauce said:

The anime doesn't bring it much so it's easy to miss or forget about it but it was already stated at the end of episode 2 that there are 6 Bloodlines in total, and of course, each Bloodline has their Dragon Monarch:

Bloodline of Roars
Bloodline of Bones
Bloodline of Eyes
Bloodline of Scales

Soooo, does that mean we can expect it to be just ragna going around trying to kill each bloodline after this? With each just being stronger than the last in a typical shounen fashion? It it's gonna be like that, I hope it doesn't end up feeling repetitive, cause this is too good to end up like dragon ball
Mar 24, 8:50 AM
Nov 2016
Reply to CrunchyCrobat
xZabuzax said:
Alfredo-Sauce said:

Bloodline of Roars
Bloodline of Bones
Bloodline of Eyes
Bloodline of Scales

Soooo, does that mean we can expect it to be just ragna going around trying to kill each bloodline after this? With each just being stronger than the last in a typical shounen fashion? It it's gonna be like that, I hope it doesn't end up feeling repetitive, cause this is too good to end up like dragon ball
@CrunchyCrobat The anime is only focusing on the Bloodline of Wings and it will end in 1 more episode, after this arc is over then Ragna will go after the rest of the Bloodlines so this will happen in the next season if we ever get one, don't worry, it's not your typical DBZ type of shonen stuff with each villain being stronger than the last, in fact, the evolved Kamui from this episode is one of the strongest dragons alive, he can probably even challenge Gilzea at this point

BTW, the only reason Ragna could stand a chance against Kamui is thanks to the sword that Starlia made for him, Ragna got buffed to 120% with that sword and it even gave him healing properties so Ragna was able to attach his head back after being decapitated, without that sword Ragna wouldn't stand a chance.

Read the manga and do it from the beginning mate, it's much better, the anime removed stuff from the manga and even removed the Leo chapters, in case you forgot about her it's the little girl that Ragna saved in the 1st episode, the manga is good stuff.
Mar 24, 9:02 AM
Oct 2020
xZabuzax said:
@CrunchyCrobat The anime is only focusing on the Bloodline of Wings and it will end in 1 more episode, after this arc is over then Ragna will go after the rest of the Bloodlines so this will happen in the next season if we ever get one, don't worry, it's not your typical DBZ type of shonen stuff with each villain being stronger than the last, in fact, the evolved Kamui from this episode is one of the strongest dragons alive, he can probably even challenge Gilzea at this point

BTW, the only reason Ragna could stand a chance against Kamui is thanks to the sword that Starlia made for him, Ragna got buffed to 120% with that sword and it even gave him healing properties so Ragna was able to attach his head back after being decapitated, without that sword Ragna wouldn't stand a chance.

Read the manga and do it from the beginning mate, it's much better, the anime removed stuff from the manga and even removed the Leo chapters, in case you forgot about her it's the little girl that Ragna saved in the 1st episode, the manga is good stuff.

Ok cool, I guess there's no need to worry about story getting stale, and yes I remember leo, how could I forget the whole reason ragna even has this power in the first place

and they only skipped her chapters, don't mean they completely discarded them, it could just be cause of how it was planned it wasn't enough time to put it in, maybe we could get everything when she comes back in the anime if we get another season, and even if they did skip some stuff here and there, that's just how animes are, near perfect adaptations are rare,

and I don't usually end up reading mangas of anime i watch, especially not action based ones like this, it's only when I crave to want to just wanna know what happens next, this doesn't seem like it will end that way, since the arc will seem to be coming to a complete conclusion
Mar 24, 9:14 AM

Mar 2008
Lol Ragna just plops his head back on. This show does so many stupid corny ass pulls but at least it is entertaining.
Mar 24, 9:15 AM
Nov 2016
Reply to CrunchyCrobat
xZabuzax said:

Ok cool, I guess there's no need to worry about story getting stale, and yes I remember leo, how could I forget the whole reason ragna even has this power in the first place

and they only skipped her chapters, don't mean they completely discarded them, it could just be cause of how it was planned it wasn't enough time to put it in, maybe we could get everything when she comes back in the anime if we get another season, and even if they did skip some stuff here and there, that's just how animes are, near perfect adaptations are rare,

and I don't usually end up reading mangas of anime i watch, especially not action based ones like this, it's only when I crave to want to just wanna know what happens next, this doesn't seem like it will end that way, since the arc will seem to be coming to a complete conclusion
@CrunchyCrobat Well that's true, if we ever get another season then they will hopefully insert the missing Leo chapters in there, that being said, the anime still removed stuff from the manga but yeah, I understand that it's rare to have perfect anime adaptations so not everything will get adapted from the manga.

I still recommend reading the manga, the art style, and the paneling are so damn good there, it's hype as hell, it's kinda like comparing the manga of Berserk to the Berserk 2016 anime, there is just no comparison there, the manga is way better and the anime couldn't give it justice, I feel that same way with this anime adaptation, it just didn't give the manga any justice either and if you go to the Ragna Crimson Reddit, you will see 95% of the manga readers there disappointed as well so it's just not me.

The other reason I recommend reading the manga is because we don't even know if we will get another season and if we are lucky to get another one then it won't happen anytime soon, it will take years to get one, there's just not enough chapters for another season, the manga is monthly so instead of waiting around 4-5 years for another season (if we are lucky that is) it's better to just start with the manga and see the missing stuff that the anime skipped, it will be worth your while.
xZabuzaxMar 24, 11:09 AM
Mar 24, 9:26 AM
May 2020
casually got his head chopped off and put it back together like it was a lego piece, Ragna is just him
Mar 24, 11:51 AM

Jan 2024
Evul Shlime still alive is all that counts :3
Mar 24, 2:25 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
Really cool episode. Not sure how Ragna magically saw his head go flying and decided to reattach it or how Ragna was about to kill Kamui and he gets a random flashback before he’s killed of the dragon claw monarch and gets a insane power scale. Kind of feels like a deus ex machina for both situations, but we’re rolling with it. Only one more episode and I’m assuming they will finish this battle up and I’m sure we will get some sort of announcement of a sequel. I wish maybe we could have gotten a different studio/staff to do production for this anime especially the fights, but like it was said previously I’m sure they did the best with what they were given/had. Looking forward to next episode
Mar 24, 2:29 PM

Jan 2021
This dude Ragna got that Dawg in him fr this dude reattached his head like it’s nothing 🥶🥶🥶
Mar 24, 2:43 PM

May 2016
There are too many ass pulls to take this seriously xd I hope that at least I get to see those annoying lizards dead 💀
Mar 24, 5:53 PM
Nov 2016
Reply to YagamiLight_1212
Really cool episode. Not sure how Ragna magically saw his head go flying and decided to reattach it or how Ragna was about to kill Kamui and he gets a random flashback before he’s killed of the dragon claw monarch and gets a insane power scale. Kind of feels like a deus ex machina for both situations, but we’re rolling with it. Only one more episode and I’m assuming they will finish this battle up and I’m sure we will get some sort of announcement of a sequel. I wish maybe we could have gotten a different studio/staff to do production for this anime especially the fights, but like it was said previously I’m sure they did the best with what they were given/had. Looking forward to next episode
YagamiLight_1212 said:
Not sure how Ragna magically saw his head go flying and decided to reattach it

Ragna is not entirely a human anymore, he's a hybrid between a human and a sword, the moment he fused with his future self in the 1st episode he stopped being a human, the anime removed things but in the manga Ragna said that since he's basically a sword, he doesn't get that hungry anymore, which means he can live longer than a human without food.

With that out of the way, Ragna was able to reattach his head thanks to the sword that Starlia made for him, he was connected with that sword and part of him was in it and that's why he survived, the moment he reattached his head the sword started to crack.
Mar 24, 5:58 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
xZabuzax said:
YagamiLight_1212 said:
Not sure how Ragna magically saw his head go flying and decided to reattach it

Ragna is not entirely a human anymore, he's a hybrid between a human and a sword, the moment he fused with his future self in the 1st episode he stopped being a human, the anime removed things but in the manga Ragna said that since he's basically a sword, he doesn't get that hungry anymore, which means he can live longer than a human without food.

With that out of the way, Ragna was able to reattach his head thanks to the sword that Starlia made for him, he was connected with that sword and part of him was in it and that's why he survived, the moment he reattached his head the sword started to crack.

Thank you for letting me know that. I wasn’t aware of some of that stuff since I haven’t read the manga yet. I appreciate the much needed insight. Thank you! 🙌
Mar 24, 8:54 PM
Apr 2023
Woah they are still pumping out the backstories, huh.
Mar 25, 2:51 PM
Jul 2023
Reply to Jamk_
This dude Ragna got that Dawg in him fr this dude reattached his head like it’s nothing 🥶🥶🥶
@Jamk_ He got that Swart in him
Mar 25, 3:45 PM
Jul 2023
Ragna ascending further on his "becoming Andy" path.
Hair color; having two personalities where he is the younger one; survives while other die; younger girl he is actually much older as the thought; using the sword inside him; on a quest to kill God after dealing with his creations; losing his head in battle, literally.
Mar 26, 10:04 PM
Jun 2007
It's easier to think of Ragna as "Ragna's vengeance incarnate" than just purely Ragna. He's ascended to a higher level and lost everything doing so, and then basically turned himself into a sword of vengeance to fuse with his younger, non-sword self.

There's still human in Ragna, but he's really more of a silverine hybrid monstrosity with a mastery techniques the world hasn't even developed yet. It's a fundamental difference between him vs. Garm, Shin, Leo, and even the Silverware Princess.

Ragna and Kamui are on a completely different level from every other hero in the story. And unfortunately it's the sort of setting where even heroes get brutally killed against sheer differences in power.

Anyways, not the greatest of productions, but I'm more than satisfied with how all these fights played out compared to (imo) the atrociously bad first fight between Ragna and Kamui. It might not be ufotable but it still manages to get the tension, moment impacts, and back-and-forth struggle correct. Lot of scenes from the manga but I'm able to enjoy this as an anime. 👍
Mar 28, 7:40 AM
Aug 2019
nice ep it was very fire
Mar 31, 6:17 AM

Oct 2008
haha this is so cool! so many limit breaks!! maybe next so many trumpcards! lolz!
5/5.

Apr 1, 7:52 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Cool flashback adn the meeting of both "drangos"!
kekeke
May 4, 3:27 AM
Aug 2021
OKAY, WHAT??? WHEN DID BRO LEARN TO REATTACH HIS OWN HEAD??? His plot armour is getting crazy. Kamui should win in my opinion bro just fused with his sword and by this anime's power system, he should now win this battle. Damn, the Monarch is such a pussy😂😂. MR SLIME SURVIVED HOW?
May 4, 3:41 AM
Nov 2016
Reply to The_Black_B3ast
OKAY, WHAT??? WHEN DID BRO LEARN TO REATTACH HIS OWN HEAD??? His plot armour is getting crazy. Kamui should win in my opinion bro just fused with his sword and by this anime's power system, he should now win this battle. Damn, the Monarch is such a pussy😂😂. MR SLIME SURVIVED HOW?
@The_Black_B3ast Ragna is not entirely a human anymore, he's a hybrid between a human and a sword, the moment he fused with his future self in the 1st episode he stopped being a human, the anime removed things but in the manga Ragna said that since he's basically a sword, he doesn't get that hungry anymore, which means he can live longer than a human without food.

With that out of the way, Ragna was able to heal himself and reattach his head thanks to the sword that Starlia made for him, he was connected with that sword and part of him was in it and that's the reason he survived, the moment he started to reattach his head the sword started to crack.
Jun 21, 8:24 PM

May 2015
I don't know who's pop off I liked more this episode. So I'll just say this episode had a lot of great entrances. Ragna and Kamui's battle evolving to a point where lethal blows are nothing but a temporary setback was not at all expected. This show has done a lot of things well, so I can't wait for the finale!
Jun 29, 3:29 AM

Jun 2022
1) what a annoyance , should have dropped this as others at 5 or 6 .

2) some mc u r ragna .. let all of them die.. what a joke & lame fights in second half , waited extra 1 month for this let down . Smh

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ragna Crimson Episode 21 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Mar 9

41 by Vindicater »»
Oct 14, 3:15 AM

Poll: » Ragna Crimson Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

IzanaSolos - Mar 30

132 by nixlm7 »»
Oct 12, 10:41 PM

Poll: » Ragna Crimson Episode 20 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Mar 2

42 by Vindicater »»
Oct 10, 10:52 PM

Poll: » Ragna Crimson Episode 19 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Feb 24

26 by xZabuzax »»
Oct 10, 2:40 AM

Poll: » Ragna Crimson Episode 18 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Feb 17

45 by Vindicater »»
Oct 9, 7:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.