Forum Settings
Forums

What would you recommend in the Kara no Kyoukai series if I were to see it in a movie theater?

New
Nov 18, 2023 11:32 PM

Mar 2021
All the films in the Kara no Kyoukai series will be screened in theaters in December,
Which ones should I see in the movie theaters?

I'm afraid I'll run out of money and time if I watch all the episodes, so I'd like to hear your recommendations.

I've read the original novel and the doujinshi version of Mirai Fukuin, and they are on my bookshelf.

[Theatrical Release]
Kara no Kyoukai Movie 1: Fukan Fuukei
Kara no Kyoukai Movie 2: Satsujin Kousatsu (Zen)
Kara no Kyoukai Movie 3: Tsuukaku Zanryuu
Kara no Kyoukai Movie 4: Garan no Dou
Kara no Kyoukai Movie 5: Mujun Rasen
Kara no Kyoukai Movie 6: Boukyaku Rokuon
Kara no Kyoukai Remix: Gate of Seventh Heaven
Kara no Kyoukai Movie 7: Satsujin Kousatsu (Go)
Kara no Kyoukai Movie 8: Shuushou
Kara no Kyoukai Movie: Mirai Fukuin

kihelNov 19, 2023 3:45 PM

Nov 18, 2023 11:41 PM

Jan 2017
kihel said:
All the films in the Kara no Kyoukai series will be screened in theaters in December,

Well , i'd say obviously Movie 5 & 7. (Or only your favorite of the 2 , if you don't have enough money.)

They are both 2h long , so more than 1h longer than the rest.
Watching them on a giant screen with a great immersion in the story and the fights will be the best. (Especially with the speakers for the musics and voice-acting.)

If you want one more , Movie 1.
It always was popular because of the rooftop scene , and again , the speakers will do miracles for the music of it.
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Nov 18, 2023 11:43 PM

Jan 2021
Is this part of the 15th anniversary celebration going on?

Anyways, if you want a good cinematic experience then there are 3 KnK movies I would highly recommend. Movie 3, 5 and 7. All these films are long and filled with action, mystery and great character so it would definitely be worth your money.

If you want to watch just one out of these three then just watch movie 5.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Nov 19, 2023 2:52 AM
puer aeternus

Sep 2021
I would say all the odd ones: 1, 3, 5, 7.
Nov 19, 2023 4:02 AM
Mar 2021
a study of murder part 1 and 2 ( movies 2 and 7) and the paradox spiral (movie 5) were the best fo me
Nov 19, 2023 7:24 AM

Jul 2021
idk, some popcorn?
Check out SNAFU
Nov 19, 2023 3:54 PM

Mar 2021
Reply to Alexioos95
kihel said:

Well , i'd say obviously Movie 5 & 7. (Or only your favorite of the 2 , if you don't have enough money.)

They are both 2h long , so more than 1h longer than the rest.
Watching them on a giant screen with a great immersion in the story and the fights will be the best. (Especially with the speakers for the musics and voice-acting.)

If you want one more , Movie 1.
It always was popular because of the rooftop scene , and again , the speakers will do miracles for the music of it.
@Alexioos95

I'm afraid I'm going to fall asleep in the middle of watching all the quirks. I don't want to increase the number of movies I see in December, since I plan to go to the movies again this week.

Looking at other people's comments, 5 and 7 are very popular. In the meantime, I'm going to watch 5 and 7. But I'm worried if I can get a reservation at a movie theater with the number of seats if it's so popular in the comments. It's going to be a battle for seats.

Oh, and it's longer too, I thought it would be about an hour and a half. I love Kalafina's music, so I was hoping to see it in the cinema's sound system.

I guess I should see 7, but since it has the second part in the title, I guess you're right, I should see 2 as well…

I might look at the time schedule and see 1, 5, and 7 all together. Thanks for the comment!
kihelNov 19, 2023 4:02 PM

Nov 19, 2023 3:58 PM

Mar 2021
Reply to FZREMAKE
Is this part of the 15th anniversary celebration going on?

Anyways, if you want a good cinematic experience then there are 3 KnK movies I would highly recommend. Movie 3, 5 and 7. All these films are long and filled with action, mystery and great character so it would definitely be worth your money.

If you want to watch just one out of these three then just watch movie 5.
@FZREMAKE

No, this is not a 15th anniversary project.
If you look it up on the Internet, you will find it is the 10th anniversary of the release of "Kara no Kyoukai" Mirai Fuquin.

At any rate, I guess I'll be sure to see 5 and 7, in light of other people's comments. Depending on my schedule, I'll probably see 1 and 3.

I love Kalafina and I want to hear the songs, in the cinema's sound system.

The number of seats in the theater where the movie is scheduled to be released is quite small, less than 100, so I think 5 will be a battle at the reservation stage.

Thanks for the comments!

Nov 19, 2023 3:59 PM

Mar 2021
Reply to kizumi91
I would say all the odd ones: 1, 3, 5, 7.
@kizumi91

For now, I'm going to prioritize 5 and 7.
Looking at the screening schedule, I hope to see 1 and 3 as well.

Thanks for the comments!

Nov 19, 2023 4:04 PM

Mar 2021
Reply to ilias23
a study of murder part 1 and 2 ( movies 2 and 7) and the paradox spiral (movie 5) were the best fo me
@ilias23

5 and 7, so popular... especially 5.

Well, 2 is the first part of the movie, so I feel like I should see it if I want to see 7.

Thanks for the comments!

Nov 19, 2023 4:05 PM

Mar 2021
Reply to Cyruskilla
idk, some popcorn?
@Cyruskilla

Popcorn, they sell it at the theater we plan to see. Salted and caramel flavors, as I recall.

I was thinking of getting the donut and drink set....

Nov 20, 2023 12:05 AM

Jan 2021
Reply to kihel
@FZREMAKE

No, this is not a 15th anniversary project.
If you look it up on the Internet, you will find it is the 10th anniversary of the release of "Kara no Kyoukai" Mirai Fuquin.

At any rate, I guess I'll be sure to see 5 and 7, in light of other people's comments. Depending on my schedule, I'll probably see 1 and 3.

I love Kalafina and I want to hear the songs, in the cinema's sound system.

The number of seats in the theater where the movie is scheduled to be released is quite small, less than 100, so I think 5 will be a battle at the reservation stage.

Thanks for the comments!
@kihel Oh I see. I actually heard some news that Ufotable were celebrating an anniversary or something so I thought it was connected to it.
5 is the highest rated movie of them all and rightfully so. Make sure to get tickets for that film cause pretty sure it's going to be the most famous one. It's not just the Kalafina songs, but the Ost overall is absolutely amazing for its time. I sure wish I was in Japan to watch it in cinema.

Nov 21, 2023 1:30 AM

Aug 2011
>Kara no Kyoukai Movie 3: Tsuukaku Zanryuu

Save this one for last trust me especially the beginning...
Nov 23, 2023 4:33 PM

Mar 2021
Reply to Zane_0
>Kara no Kyoukai Movie 3: Tsuukaku Zanryuu

Save this one for last trust me especially the beginning...
@Zane_0

The numbering is 3, but I don't know if I can look at it last...

I've seen them in different orders, so I'm daring to look at them at the end.

Thanks for the comment!

Nov 23, 2023 4:43 PM

Mar 2021
Reply to FZREMAKE
@kihel Oh I see. I actually heard some news that Ufotable were celebrating an anniversary or something so I thought it was connected to it.
5 is the highest rated movie of them all and rightfully so. Make sure to get tickets for that film cause pretty sure it's going to be the most famous one. It's not just the Kalafina songs, but the Ost overall is absolutely amazing for its time. I sure wish I was in Japan to watch it in cinema.
@FZREMAKE

I can't think of anything anniversary-y for Ufotable... If it was an anniversary, I would think there would be some kind of announcement or event at Machi☆Asobi, but I don't think there was.

The nearest cinema has only a few seats, so, well, I hope it will be open for a long time. ...... Well, I will watch it in Japan, but not in a movie theater with such theater facilities, so that is a little disappointing. Standing seats and the like take a long time, and I'd rather avoid them.

Nov 24, 2023 5:23 AM

Jan 2021
Reply to kihel
@FZREMAKE

I can't think of anything anniversary-y for Ufotable... If it was an anniversary, I would think there would be some kind of announcement or event at Machi☆Asobi, but I don't think there was.

The nearest cinema has only a few seats, so, well, I hope it will be open for a long time. ...... Well, I will watch it in Japan, but not in a movie theater with such theater facilities, so that is a little disappointing. Standing seats and the like take a long time, and I'd rather avoid them.
@kihel
https://gamerant.com/ufotable-garden-of-sinners-15th-anniversary/
I just remember reading this article. The movies might have nothing to do with it but I just mentioned it cause I read this article a few months ago and it just felt related to it.

Dec 4, 2023 4:42 PM

Mar 2021
Thank you for your input.

Due to the cinema schedule, I couldn't see 5 and 7 at once if I saw them individually, so I signed up for the all-in-one screening.

I think I will fall asleep in the middle of the movie, but I will try my best not to sleep through 3, 5, and 7, which many people have recommended to me!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ranking all movie entries

Ghost_Davo - Sep 15

13 by Andrewdfitz1 »»
Sep 16, 2:24 PM

Poll: » Kara no Kyoukai: Fukan Fuukei Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dtshyk - May 20, 2008

377 by HansDevX »»
Aug 25, 9:35 PM

» Kara no kyoukai: Can someone give me a summary of the first movie?

Yaaceen - Jun 1

7 by LoveYourSmile »»
Jun 1, 10:15 AM

» future KnK movies similar to this first one? (spoilers maybe)

yoru987 - Sep 8, 2023

21 by Zane_0 »»
Oct 25, 2023 5:51 PM

» Is the plot of each film self-contained?

StaleNut - Jul 4, 2023

8 by IhnalakoKaina »»
Jul 4, 2023 4:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.