Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 17, 2023 5:42 AM

Feb 2013
Almost finished!

It is hard to believe we are almost there, but I can not wait to see how this ends.

Especially because Shigeru will be involved.
Mar 17, 2023 8:58 AM

Mar 2022
This show has been quite underwhelming considering its Ash's final show as the MC.
Pretty disappointed ngl.

Mar 17, 2023 9:02 AM

Sep 2015
One last week before our protag goes... I know for sure next week's episode will be rough.

And as for this episode. Really good. I like how both Latias and Latios are able to communicate with Ash through his Aura, and because of it, that Aura Sphere gave that ripoff of a Hunter J a good beating. (The dude even got outplayed. How naive to think that you can go against the world champion without expecting a random surprise attack)

Also, this: 

ChirekachiMizuMar 17, 2023 9:11 AM
Mar 17, 2023 11:34 AM
Jun 2019
Kinda bitter we won't get to see a good chunk of the rest of Ash's Pokémon. They really should've rotated them around throughout Journeys if they were planning on ending
Mar 17, 2023 2:33 PM
Feb 2020
A shame that Ash didnt catch any of them 9seriously writers its the end of his journey why cant you just let him have this?) but the confirmation that movie 5 is canon made up for most of it.
Mar 17, 2023 2:55 PM

Feb 2012
Oh sheeeet! that was Original "Latias" Girl Version at the end on the swings
Mar 17, 2023 3:00 PM
🇵🇰🇯🇵

Dec 2018
At the end, I saw Bianca/Kanon from the 2002 movie. Tell me if I am wrong.
DarkEmperor69Mar 17, 2023 3:03 PM
Mar 17, 2023 4:49 PM

Aug 2011
Mar 17, 2023 5:30 PM

Mar 2020
Great episode. So Pokemon Hunters still exist huh.

Latios and Latias are back home!! The place is the one in the movie.

Next friday will be the final episode with Satoshi and Pikachu as the MC.
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
Mar 17, 2023 5:36 PM

Mar 2018
Seeing the movie 5 references was awesome! Although Ash didn't caught Latios or Latias, and didn't meet Bianca...
This whole series kinda felt like filler so far, but next episode is the true last one, so I really hope it will be truly great.
Mar 17, 2023 7:39 PM

Nov 2011
Kinda wish he caught either Latios or Latias, but I think Latios reaction showed Ash he has much more to do to become a "Pokemon Master"

Next week...idk if I am ready
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Fall 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 17, 2023 8:03 PM

Jan 2022
steelix out here with base 25 speed. Is keeping track with a latias???? bruhhh

Also, the scene with Latios smacking ashes hand away was too good. 😂
MariklynMar 17, 2023 8:22 PM
Mar 18, 2023 12:05 AM
May 2022
next week it's gonna be final episode pokemon master 😭😭😭
Mar 18, 2023 1:02 AM

Oct 2013
Thank god he didn't catch Latios or Latias, it would have ruined everything. Cool episode, hyped for the finale!
Mar 18, 2023 1:19 AM

Oct 2017
That ending caught me offguard. Wasn't expecting them to show the place from Latios and Latias movie.

Just one more episode to go.
Mar 18, 2023 1:57 AM

Sep 2021
this ep was mediocre (no hate,. just felt that way)

thou it had its own share of wholesome

the callback for movie 5 (one of my favourites) was great

next one's the last

hopefully next one would be the real deal

peace ☮️🕊️
Mar 18, 2023 3:56 AM
Feb 2021
i never heard the jap intro before these eps but it's already hitting, man definitely gonna cry like a baby in the last ep
Mar 18, 2023 3:58 AM
Feb 2021
they just casually added the latias girl from the movie and i was like whattt
Mar 18, 2023 5:06 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Great Latios/Latias episode where they stopped the Pokemon hunter, and nice throwback at the older movie in the end! Only one episode left... I can't
Mar 18, 2023 8:29 AM

Jan 2010
Mmmm I've enjoying these chapters but to be honest it has been underwhelming for a farewell to ash after so many years. The last chapter looks promising for a farewell but it looks like a new beginning. 

I think the anime wants to try new waters with a new protagonist so if it doesn't work they can bring back ash anytime. I guess that's why they didn't go all out in the "last arc" for ash.
Mar 18, 2023 11:19 AM

Jul 2012
I'm not ready to say goodbye to this, and the way the episodes so far have been mostly comfy and/or nostalgic times giving no signs of a farewell will kinda make it sting harder when it suddenly does.

Been watching this journey since I was 3 years old, it's like a saga of my life is closing lol

Okay ep overall, a revamp of the plot of the fifth movie pretty much.
Mar 18, 2023 12:52 PM

Sep 2016
I felt like Ash and company were idle there for awhile, they could've intervened sooner XD
Mar 18, 2023 11:03 PM
May 2011
I really wanted the past 11 episodes of ash traveling back home and having a reunion with him and his friends 🥲
Mar 19, 2023 1:06 AM

Jan 2016
Welp that was oddly underwhelming. It was all a plot device for so little in the end, nothing so far justified this show as [what turned out to be] a simple extension of Journeys and not a show on its own but oh well... Only novelty is that the 2002 movie is now canon and we could see for a moment the Latias we know lol

Let's see how Ash and Pikachu's story wraps up. Maybe we'll see Ho-Oh?
THANKS SENPIEX
Mar 19, 2023 6:39 AM
Jul 2013
Gente en 2023 diciendo que las películas de Pokémon son canon, por estos caps de Latios y Latias.

Bro, son canon desde el especial del año 2000 donde Mewtwo reconoce a Satoshi, y en muchos otros caps de sig. temporadas ha habido guiños de otras películas y legendarios.

El siguiente es el último episodio de Satoshi y Pikachu en el anime, te diría que no estoy listo, pero lo estoy, le toca descansar al campeón del mundo, y agradecerle por todo. ❤️
Mar 19, 2023 9:41 AM
Oct 2020
Ahhh, I was wondering if that Latias was connected to Movie 5, but wow, that reveal! 

Nice to see Masaaki Iwane solo key animating an episode one last time here for Ash's Journey (unless he solo keys the finale too, which I doubt). His style is so familiar from his episodes across the rest of the franchise that it was clear from the camerawork and momentum during this week's extensive battle. 

I'm kinda glad Latios didn't fully trust Ash by the end, even though some progress was made. He stopped for a second and ultimately accepted that as he bid them fairwell. That feels like it gives him more room to grow in the future beyond just being the champion. They're heading to someplace without humans possibly according to Brock, maybe a new place for Ash to search for in the world if he wants to pursue legendaries. Ash's quiet, mildly frustrated expression in reaction at the end of the episode is one of the more pensive moments from him I've seen in a while. Hoping this leads into some sort of realization in the final episode for what he wants to do with the rest of his life now, after he ends the episode saying, "Maybe I should head back, too."

This is it, people. Next week is where it all ends.
Mar 19, 2023 10:53 AM

Sep 2012
SabreDrago said:
This show has been quite underwhelming considering its Ash's final show as the MC.
Pretty disappointed ngl.
Same, they didnt even animate a new OP really... at least we got a remix of the original song

But yeah this episode was quite meh, bad guy gets defeated, promises to never do it again, all in all this episode had no substance.

Then we only had a short scene of Team Rocket, my bet is they gonna reunite next episode...

All in all meh, they could have done so much better
Trying to watch all available anime series so you won't have to anymore, the list of anime I can recommend is still in progress, tho
Mar 19, 2023 1:12 PM

Aug 2013
If there were still doubts about the canonicity of the movies, now more than ever it should be clear to some people.

They managed to save Latios and Latias from the hunter and by the way we got to see Swellow in action again.

Next Friday, the end of an era.

I'm not ready to say goodbye to my boy yet...
Mar 20, 2023 7:28 AM
Apr 2022
Selleri_UmU said:
I felt like Ash and company were idle there for awhile, they could've intervened sooner XD

and misty did absolutely nothing. like throw our your Gyarados they were around water most if not all the time
Mar 20, 2023 7:38 AM

May 2012
Whole episode was pretty good, but man I love that the ending showed us that Movie 5 is canon. I got such a big grin on my face seeing Bianca again.

That being said.... I'm not ready for next week. Pokemon has and continues to be biggest enjoyment in my life, and even my earliest memories involve Pokemon. It has literally been a part of my life for as long as I can remember. I loved watching the anime on my VHS tapes, when they were on TV, etc, so knowing that Ash's journey is going to be done is a pill hard to swallow. Will he ever return in the future? Yeah, I'm sure he will, he's still likely going to be adventuring in the background as the new series is taking place. They may give him another series later, or do specials showcasing him again. Regardless of what happens later, next week is it. I grew up with Ash and his Pokemon adventures, so this will be hard.
Mar 20, 2023 11:01 AM

May 2021
Kinda disappointed Latias didn't propose to Ash but on the other hand, Movie 5 is canon, and that more than cancels out the disappointing stuff. Next ep's title has rainbow in it so Ho-oh's probably gonna make an appearance, I presume.

Mar 20, 2023 1:06 PM
Jul 2017
I've watched maybe 5 Pokemon movies but "Search for the girl" from Pokemon Heroes is the most memorable track. I was pleasantly surprised that they used it here.
Mar 20, 2023 2:42 PM
Mar 2021
Este episodio es una maravilla. Nunca pensé que ese Latias sería tan importante.
Las referencias me han emocionado mucho.
Mar 21, 2023 11:47 AM

Oct 2018
It's still something that has been done multiple times before but somehow it is nearly the strongest episode of the series so far. Really well-animated too.

One more episode and we're done.
Mar 22, 2023 4:09 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
wow, second and last episode about Latios!!!

Returns Home, the same city that the film! kekeke

The next one will be the last episode and Ash will return at home!!!

;_;
Mar 23, 2023 1:19 AM

Feb 2021
That person really strong :)
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Mar 23, 2023 5:59 PM

Jul 2020
Another fantastic episode. I loved the conclusion to the Latias/Latios storyline as Ash finally had a really tough battle against a dastardly Pokemon hunter. Seeing the Pokemon Heroes cameo at the end was a cool reference too. Only one episode left!!! I don't know how I am going to be able to handle the end so soon. 
Mar 23, 2023 11:09 PM

Aug 2019
Hands down best episode. It was extremely entertaining.

I genuinely thought Latias was going to stay with Ash. They had build a strong connection too.

The Hunter claims he won't do it again, but we all know that's a lie.

AND HELLO THERE BIANCA. I SEE U.
Mar 24, 2023 2:39 PM

Nov 2013
continuing with last episode cliffhanger, Latias showing Ash what Latios is going through, and the attack that happened in that factory
they all went ahead on top of Steelix to follow Latias
Latias shared with Ash what she has been watching from him
out of nowhere, she showed them that Latios got attacked by the Hydreigon trainer, a pokemon hunter... Latias was really worried and couldn't see where he was
since it's getting dark, they decided to stop and wait for Latios to contact her again

as expected, Team Rocket is back, all 3 arrived at the headquarters at the same time lmao

remembering that Latias was injured when Ash found her, seems like Latios gave her a chance to escape that factory
Latias enjoying some food, that's too cute
we see Latios recovering in the water, and then sending another vision to Latias
hahaha Misty waking up, also too cute
while the team was moving to the cave where Latios is, the hunter noticed her and probably instantly knew that she was gonna find Latios ... guess he is not worried at all about the 3 trainers ... then again, if he is strong enough to beat 2 legendaries, he probably is confident

they met Latios, but he thought that they were chasing Latias, so he went on the attack, just to be stopped by Pikachu's iron tail
while they were trying to explain to Latios, the hunter attacked them from behind
(now the usual should happen, Ash faces the hunter and Latios finally understands)

Hydreigon used 2 of its heads to bite Latios and Latias
Latios managed to escape, but went back when the trainer threaten Latias...
as expected, Ash decided to jump on top of the enemy, giving time for Latios to headbutt them, and Latias fell to the ground
the other trainer threw Ash down, but he managed to do a flip and land perfectly LOL
the trainer used his beam, and Latias blocked it, turning into stone(?) (lol is this mewtwo movie?)
after a couple dodges, Latios got hit by dragon pulse and fell down, so it's up to Ash to stop the inevitable
it looked like they would manage, but the hunter had multiple exits available (wtf is Misty even doing? lol)

Latios tried to follow, but 1st he needed to get some healing... he denied at first but ended up accepting, after he used his power on Ash's head
wow, just a bit of healing and Latios is going full speed, Ash can't even keep his eyes open lmao
Latios started to feel pain from the wind touching his wound, but Ash noticed it and covered

Swellow was doing it's best to distract the guy... but as soon as Latios appeared, he left and waited for them to follow
Steelix can't follow anymore since they are on the water
Swellow got hit by the beam, so he is out of the fight now
Brock noticed the hunter's intentions and tried to break the rocks, but the hunter turned steelix into a statue (dude wtf is this...)

Brock told Ash to destroy the item... and Latios trusts Ash's plan
Latios managed to dodge the dragon pulse, and then hit the Hydeigon from below...and with no time to react, Pikachu destroyed the arm item, and with that, the statue pokemons are back to normal
after falling to the river, the hunter is back up and it's totally mad, and easily put Latios down
Latios got back up, and with Ash has his temporary partner, the fight continued

LAtios used psychokinesis, and the hunter was sure that psychic attacks wouldn't defeat it, but he didn't expect what came after that, Latios appeared over them and used a big rasengan to finish them
LOL did that idiot just start running to them to punch them? does he not have any other pokemon?
well... Jenny is here, so he got caught, cya nerd

Ash tried to pet the Latios but he denied it (i thought he would be more friendly now lol)
anyway, the 2 left, promissing to fight with Ash someday
(rip, i guess it's still not time for Ash to have a legendary)
since the Lati went back home, Ash decided it's time to do the same

WAIT, the 2 Lati went to visit a place with their statues, and there... there's a girl who is strangly familiar, the one who turns into Latias in the movie

next episode, Ash is back home... the ending is already here, sadness
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
Mar 25, 2023 6:22 AM

Jul 2017
this episode felt like i was watching Digimon, the villain also had digimon villain vibes. really enjoyed it. i think this might be the best episode so far. animation was great and fight scenes were great too. i'm impressed
Apr 2, 2023 11:33 AM
Feb 2016
As for me, who loves Latias from movie 5, at one hand I'm okay that Ash didn't catch that Latias but....it would have been nicer if Ash could visit Altomare again and see Latias or if Latias could come and visit him...

Like seriously, what was the point of this built-up?
Oct 17, 2023 8:30 PM

Sep 2010
So there was 2 Latias in the end we see Bianca and other Bianca on the swing which I assume it’s the Latias in the movie that Ash knows but idk movie timeline is weird with the anime
Dec 9, 2023 10:50 AM

Mar 2013
Hold on, what was up with that ending? Those can't be the same Latios and Latias from the movie because they didn't recognize Ash at all. But maybe they're saying the events of the movie didn't happen and are using this to at least confirm that the setting is canon? Or maybe the movie is canon and they just have more Latios/Latias than just the ones in the movie?

I imagine they included this as a fun little reference, but all they've done is made things even more confusing.
Mar 24, 7:12 AM

Feb 2020
This part here was like: ''Obey my master's orders or I will kick your ass like I once did in Sinnoh''

Who would have thought that this film would become canonical... I don't think anyone expected that.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pokemon: Mezase Pokemon Master Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LapisLazulis - Mar 24, 2023

89 by FrontierAK »»
Jul 20, 10:25 AM

» So how do you feel that Pokeshipping never happened even in the end? Misty fans how do you feel?

precita - Apr 4, 2023

13 by precita »»
Jun 2, 7:47 PM

Poll: » Pokemon: Mezase Pokemon Master Episode 9 Discussion

NintenZura - Mar 10, 2023

28 by QueenNothing »»
Apr 26, 9:30 PM

Poll: » Pokemon: Mezase Pokemon Master Episode 8 Discussion

Cosenza - Mar 3, 2023

33 by Nerdason »»
Mar 23, 7:05 AM

Poll: » Pokemon: Mezase Pokemon Master Episode 7 Discussion

DanyyelTR - Feb 24, 2023

22 by Nerdason »»
Mar 23, 6:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.