Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jun 18, 6:06 PM
Jul 2020
One of the best anime movies to watch
Jun 19, 12:15 PM

Feb 2020
That was a really cute story ! I must admir I expected something a bit more philosophical with the concept of sacrifice and all that, I was a bit disappointed that the story pretty much entirely focused on the romance, but it was very nicely done so I don't mind all that much.
The art was beautiful, the characters very endearing, the messages very good... I have a few criticisms but I still liked it a lot.
My only real issue would be that if Anzu aged while Kaoru didn't... Wouldn't that make their kiss very questionable ? That's really the one thing I couldn't overlook and it's a shame because it's ruining the story a bit.

But I still has a very good time, I don't regret having gone to the theaters to watch it. I give it a 7/10.

...Wait a minute, the movie aired in 2022 ?! My local theater is ridiculously late ! And I hadn't even heard of this movie before.
FafetteJun 19, 12:19 PM
Jun 28, 2:05 AM
Oct 2021
This is a wonderful movie! lat of sad secene in it but fortunately it came with a happy ending. Anzu sure is a strong girl, can't imagine that she waited Kaoru for years and still gave him a massage. what a fantastic anime movie from clap studio
Jul 1, 3:31 AM
May 2024
got me giggling so hard
Jul 13, 9:06 PM
Apr 2024
i liked the movie it was nice and calm. everyone kept mentioning how they with the ml also aged to match the fl, i agree with this but it makes sense the way it was written i guess... character development was pretty good.
Aug 3, 11:21 PM
Apr 2024
this anime is underrated, but this is beautiful. the girl is very loyal ❤️
Aug 14, 5:30 PM

Dec 2021
Well, more than anything, the animation was absolutely stunning. I've seen all of Shinkai's films, and this one definitely rivals them. I wasn’t familiar with this studio or their previous work, but they completely blew me away with the detail in every scene. The voice acting was also spot-on, especially the guy, considering it was his first role.

I really enjoyed the story too. It wasn’t overly romantic or sweet to the point of being saccharine, though I do appreciate anime like that. The plot was well-written, the animation and voice acting were solid. Songs did feel out of place and forced because they wanted to be like a Shinkai film, but other than that, my only wish is that it had been a bit longer.

In conclusion though, fuck the guys dad.

Aug 26, 1:10 PM

Jan 2013
call me a contrarian but didn't anzu become a total pedo? like kaoru was still underage by the time he got back from the cave. romantically loving people younger than 18 isn't only illegal but also immoral yet she even had the gall to kiss him when the age difference was way out of the acceptable norms. she should be behind bars instead of exploiting the immature innocence of a teenage boy. i don't care about their circumstances. just because she's hot, doesn't mean she can get a free pass. if it were me, i'd do the right thing and move on. some food for thought as i'm ending with a casual micdrop.
Aug 27, 9:06 AM
Jul 2019
Reply to Zenoxlkz
this anime is underrated, but this is beautiful. the girl is very loyal ❤️
@Smokezn yeah. love the fmc and the male lead was also quite realistic. the concept of tunnel was quite unique
Sep 5, 1:17 AM
Mar 2021
HibiChika said:
call me a contrarian but didn't anzu become a total pedo? like kaoru was still underage by the time he got back from the cave. romantically loving people younger than 18 isn't only illegal but also immoral yet she even had the gall to kiss him when the age difference was way out of the acceptable norms. she should be behind bars instead of exploiting the immature innocence of a teenage boy. i don't care about their circumstances. just because she's hot, doesn't mean she can get a free pass. if it were me, i'd do the right thing and move on. some food for thought as i'm ending with a casual micdrop.

Holy shit it's not that deep. We have no idea if kaoru aged or not, also yes this does give them a pass given their circumstances. You give me the same vibes as the people who bash on isekai characters. Just enjoy the story.
Sep 5, 1:19 AM
Mar 2021
I loved this, the whole thing about losing time and how he fucked up and lost a bunch of time they could have spent together left a sort of sad note, however the viewer is still rewarded in the end when he comes back. Honestly, it's a wonderful concept of a movie.
Sep 8, 5:52 AM
Nov 2023
glad the ending was wholesome
Sep 11, 2:12 AM
Feb 2022
It was aight. I guess?
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» the end of the movie. clarification

Phantom_373 - Jun 12, 2023

22 by Menace_07 »»
5 hours ago

» How can you make an adaptation as bad as this?

eleven_exists - Sep 23

22 by eleven_exists »»
Sep 24, 9:05 AM

» Isn't MC just a self centered, immature Brat (Spoilers of course) ( 1 2 )

Mathi786 - Aug 6

72 by Mathi786 »»
Aug 18, 8:43 AM

» (SPOILER) Why didn't Anzu...

hainq - Jul 27, 2023

21 by Mathi786 »»
Aug 6, 3:23 PM

» Damn, it's BAD

Akita_Han - Nov 16, 2023

25 by thehornedrat »»
Jun 17, 8:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.