Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 26, 2022 9:56 AM

Nov 2011
Kyouka is tougher than I had thought in this show, at least with her attitude but she has to work hard to be a real idol.

Not a bad episode although I'm not a fan of Kyouka yet.
Jul 26, 2022 10:17 AM

Feb 2020
Another good episode.

Kyouka got a little more screen time. I like her character.
Jul 26, 2022 10:56 AM

Apr 2014
Everyone in TiNgS has their own talents and all of you guys are equal. It doesn't mean that you're inferior or less important to others. So... Kyouka, you should stop insulting your own self and start to believe in yourself and your abilities. You can do it!
何それ?意味分かんない
Jul 26, 2022 11:02 AM

Feb 2019
Wish Kyouka would stop being so hard on herself. Every single member of TingS brings something to the table. Hopefully the fan pep talk and being named as center will be the confidence boost she needs!

Another really good episode, for sure the most slept on show this season
Jul 26, 2022 11:25 AM
Jun 2021
kami nomi zo shiru sekai reference
Jul 26, 2022 12:31 PM

Mar 2021
Another great episode Kyouka should believe in herself more she can do it if she tries
Jul 26, 2022 12:58 PM

Jan 2015
Homare Torawatari a few words her spoke immediately liked this character

Jul 26, 2022 1:28 PM
May 2018
This anime is underrated, I'm enjoying it immensely
Jul 26, 2022 6:51 PM
Jan 2021
It's unique arc for idol/music genre (Kyouka's arc), and I can't believe this story's style can be written in purely idol/music genre-content (it's not really original but this can have originality in a genre which usually protagonists are the innocents and they can only be attacked by blind haters or masugomi(s)).
Jul 26, 2022 7:35 PM
May 2011
Whether she's telling shitty jokes or being an insecure bitch, Kyoka fucking sucks. This show just isn't doing it for me, and frankly, I could do with one less idol show this season.
Jul 26, 2022 8:48 PM
Jan 2021
Fail_Man_X said:
Whether she's telling shitty jokes or being an insecure bitch, Kyoka fucking sucks. This show just isn't doing it for me, and frankly, I could do with one less idol show this season.

Kyouka's biggest problem is that her VA is considered "problematic" (considered not qualified and only doing stick reading) and this reminds me of the issue of 22/7 a few years ago. On the other hand, the similarity of character design with Suzumura Yuu of IDOLY PRIDE with VA namely Asakura Momo who is more experienced (because HoneyWorks has honed it for Setoguchi Hina and Magica Quartet for Tamaki Iroha on Magia Record), also lowers a positive impression for Kyoka (at least many viewers in Japan who have argued) ...
Jul 26, 2022 9:39 PM

Jul 2017
Haru's the bubbly girl, Rio's the observant girl...and there's Kyoka, the unconfident girl, whom feels inferior to others, other than her playful lame jokes.

TiNgS is growing more, but right after their publicity problem, comes a more personal problem: Kyoka. For Naoki, his calls with his sister Kei sure sounds conspicuous, but until then, anything is up for debates. Yukine is the first to discover her problem, and at the whims of Haru, reluctantly agree to help her get her confidence back...which becomes a dilemma when Momiji openly diverges the bizarre antic plan.

But man, Kyoka is hard-headed, someone which prioritizes the group above herself, and despite her "shining" aura which Naoki can ascertain, it is definitely a mistake and causal cause where her strengths will lead to her downfall, as per their history that as much as she wants to be in the center, it caused added pressure such as at one of their song sessions, forgetting lyrics and one such fan of hers (Tokka, referring to Kyoka as O-kyon) being greatly concerned.

It's at this juncture where persuading Kyoka is not enough, booting her out at the center is the only way possible to force her hand and face her pressures once again. Being an idol is a harsh job, and Naoki can only do so much as to input the decision-making.

Hopefully this'll teach Kyoka a lesson that idol groups are teamwork, not a lonewolf effort.
Jul 26, 2022 11:50 PM

Jun 2021
So Kyoka messed up her song when she was the center. Is it a big deal? Idk anything about idols so I honestly have no clue why it’s such a traumatic memory for Kyoka and why she’s literally plagued by nightmares of that event. Haru’s hypnosis didn’t help but maybe the manager’s plan might lol.

I like Yukine and Momiji, I hope they join the girls soon. They already have a pretty good chemistry as sorta rivals.
Jul 27, 2022 7:01 AM

Jul 2021
Damn this episode was so good, didn't even realize when 20 minutes passed.

Kyouka has developed a new fear and is having a very hard time because of that. We saw a new side of her today, even the fun looking, always cracking jokes Kyouka can get mad, very mad. This new live is going to be a new hurdle in her journey and I hope she's able to cross it. It's definitely gonna be hard for her, she's literally been made to face her fear head-on, this can either turn out to be very traumatic for her or very successful which will give her a huge confidence boost, I hope it's the latter, it's gotta be the latter!

5/5.

Silent_Shadow05 said:
So Kyoka messed up her song when she was the center. Is it a big deal? Idk anything about idols so I honestly have no clue why it’s such a traumatic memory for Kyoka and why she’s literally plagued by nightmares of that event.
I think it's a big deal for Kyouka, it was like letting down her fans. You can see the look on that one fan, that face is haunting Kyouka and the fear of failure now. It can be pretty traumatic for people to fail to perform on stage especially in front of a crowd that knows you and is hoping something from you. She has developed a fear now and can't really blame her for it. This fear needs to be conquered or it can become a huge problem in the future that can jeopardize her idol career.
TsutanaiFuunJul 27, 2022 7:07 AM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jul 27, 2022 10:16 AM

Oct 2008
2D animation is still top-notch!
especially on the part where Kyoka couldn't sing! you could see her facial demise expression while dancing a the same time!
4/5.

Jul 27, 2022 1:59 PM

Nov 2019
Kyoka's development build up was interesting to watch, especially since her mould has been broken all episode

Can't wait to see their next live and have her overcome her trauma
Jul 27, 2022 11:10 PM

Mar 2014
hey seriously the storyline is not bad as there are quite a few yuri baits between the members and fans because TINGS seem to have more female fans in general lol.
Jul 29, 2022 1:22 PM

Aug 2018
Well, things are a bit complicated with Kyouka.
She couldn't sing in a performance, so she doesn't want to be the center. Well, let's see what will happen.
Good chapter.
Jul 30, 2022 1:08 PM

Mar 2014
This is actually a decent episode coz I'm something seeing serious, something that is a bit more real. I like how Kyouka has this trauma and how she gonna overcome that trauma, it's more interesting like that rather than her doing that lame stupid jokes makes her look like a degenerate fool

Although I cannot say the same for that fcking manager, I mean I still don't understand his ability to see people "shine" or whatever do and also I don't like his smartass act, makes him look like a twat
Aug 4, 2022 10:58 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Ah yeah Kyoka is suffering from the usual center and lack of self confidence issue though I totally understand how horrible it must be the forget the lyrics right when it's your turn to sing especially when you're leading the song, hopefully she'll be able to grow up and improve for her song next
Aug 6, 2022 10:59 AM

Nov 2009
Silent_Shadow05 said:
So Kyoka messed up her song when she was the center. Is it a big deal? Idk anything about idols so I honestly have no clue why it’s such a traumatic memory for Kyoka and why she’s literally plagued by nightmares of that event. Haru’s hypnosis didn’t help but maybe the manager’s plan might lol.

I like Yukine and Momiji, I hope they join the girls soon. They already have a pretty good chemistry as sorta rivals.

Being the center = being the main support of the entire group = the leader

If the center breaks down = the entire group breaks down = the entire performance is ruined = decrease in fans and sales = the group disbanding (or you "graduate")

That's why being a center of an Idol group is an extremely big deal and usually only the most talented and those with determination can become the center. (the center also takes the responsibility for a lot of things that regular members don't)

Being a Center also means you will be featured more than anyone else in the group, which usually leads to more fans and merchandise sales for the center.

___ ___ ___

As an example:

Back in the early AKB days when they were just starting up.

It was literally a war for the Center position... every girl literally fought and harass each other for it.

But if a center was able to successfully hold the position despite all the shit and responsibility they're given, they gain the respect of everyone else and has the potential and access to a lot more Jobs than anyone else. Which leads to more fame and money and a more secure future after the "Graduation")
amlgAug 6, 2022 11:20 AM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Sep 25, 2022 3:59 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Wow, this episode sped by. Hopefully Kyoka can overcome this. Forgetting my lines is like a big fear of mine, so I totally get it.;;

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Oct 3, 2022 10:07 PM

Nov 2021
Ok, the episode was overall "Ok".
Now, what everyone's been talking about, "Kyouka".
Looks like she was the focus for this episode. No offense but I hate it when people drag their emotions into their work.

The episode itself was not bad. It's just that I am still not a "fan" of Kyouka.

Jun 12, 3:32 PM

Jun 2022
Well , this is it for me . bye bye post!
Jul 8, 11:05 AM

Jul 2022
I see now that Kyoka is getting some development. I felt sorry for her after figuring out that she was concerned about breaking the group down due to her failure at first to lead the group during her part during a former show, and we can see how this failure is affecting one of her fans. I have seen some idol shows which would introduce this sort of problem, but not a lot. It was interesting to see her failure from this perspective since most of the time we focus on the idol group or intensively negative fans. I do hope that with episode 4 as they are making her the lead for the next concert she will eventually get over this as harbouring those emotions could affect her future dreams, and pretty much any other future ambition.

Didn't think I would get to episode 4 of this, but... we'll see!!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shine Post Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2022

41 by mayakitty »»
Sep 6, 8:56 AM

Poll: » Shine Post Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2022

26 by yawnaroo »»
Jul 9, 4:34 PM

Poll: » Shine Post Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2022

27 by yawnaroo »»
Jul 8, 4:11 PM

Poll: » Shine Post Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2022

53 by yawnaroo »»
Jul 5, 4:54 PM

Poll: » Shine Post Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 19, 2022

33 by RGreatDanton »»
Jun 12, 3:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.