Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 1, 2021 6:30 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This turned out to be quite a serious show from the first episode. Got to see a few of the main characters and the ominous setting that takes places in.

Not sure how I feel about the protagonist yet but he has an ordinary look but with a bit of a tragic past, at least shown from this episode. His poor family...I'm curious to see how the anime will develop him.

Not bad overall.
Oct 1, 2021 6:30 AM

Jul 2017
OK, a decent start, though the visuals by OLM Team Inoue will definitely reek in the kids' feel and heralded by veteran director Akihiro Hino who is the original creator of Danball Senki, Inazuma Eleven and Youkai Watch, shows made for kids.

And also, since the anime comes out first, again, this is yet another promo material for Level-5's Megaton Musashi game to be released in Japan soon.

A decent introduction as laid out in Crunchyroll's synopsis, though the main character Yamato Ichidaiji is not keen on being the "chosen one" of robots called "Rogue" to pilot and fight against aliens, and therein sets the setting for a world set to total destruction that these robots are made to save the world.

If you still have an affinity for shows aimed at kids, then Megaton Musashi will do.
Oct 1, 2021 7:02 AM

Jul 2017
Episode will be out after the TV version, so here's Episode 1 in complete RAWs (no subs):
Oct 1, 2021 7:36 AM

Jun 2021
Felt like a generic kids version Evangelion

The story was pretty stale, with almost all the characters looking and sounding generic and boring. The first fight scene where the MC turns on the music and all of a sudden he gains super-strength was kind of corny as well.

Looks like all the robot fights will be CG, which I understand, given the likely low budget for this show, but the transition from the regular animation felt pretty awkward.

The flashback scene was well done and I enjoyed the animation during that scene, but that's about it for compliments.

Watching for now, but it's on a short leash.
Oct 2, 2021 4:45 PM
Oct 2021
It looks that Level-5 bet a lot in Megaton Musashi, the opening is amazing, and the first episode was very cool
Oct 7, 2021 3:19 AM
Mar 2012
Lots of nice animation effort on brawl exam.
Bit realism-styled mechs look cool, but clashes with very different 2d designs.
I get the gist, vaguely about 3 years ago earth overtaken by aliens. Now the fake town is just monitored to recruit pilots like those two.
Nice how those three divide operations in the hero mech.
Apparently those two mindcontrol aliens aren't here to destroy the town, but didn't say their goal yet.
Seems interesting, unfortunately purple commander, glasses dude & few more characters dialog lost to me... would like subs on thoses details.
Oct 8, 2021 1:10 PM

Jul 2017
Subs are out! If you wanna watch it with MTL subs (which are pure bad)
Will not link you to it, find it yourself by pronouncing "meow". And before you ask, neither CR nor Funi has it.

Aliens are here to mind-control people, not destroy the town and eliminate their targets, and the town is fake? Sure doesn't seem like it. But for the MC Yamato Ichidaiji, that's how things started unravelling, one after another with fellow partner Ryuugo Hijikata and scientist Teru Asami (on the opposing side at first), all the way to the mechs.

The moment where both Yamato and Ryuugo gets underway with the crux of understanding the fight against aliens and saving an Earth that has already been habituated by them, it's all artificial. To board the "Rogue" Mecha Megaton Musashi, that's their weapon, and infuse Yamato with his past, the fight starts for a lengthy battle against aliens with him, Ryuugo and Teru at the helm: 3 kids saving the world.

Now with subs (even if it was MTL), hope this is a better understanding for these longer-than-usual episodes going forward.
KANLen09Oct 9, 2021 2:43 AM
Oct 9, 2021 9:56 AM

Jul 2021
I was pretty excited for this since I really liked the look of it, and I'm kinda just disappointed. I noticed that the animation is just kinda stiff and slow, and it's just kinda boring.

Also what was that one scene where the girl was behind the main guy about to attack him?? There's no way she was so quiet he just was completely unaware of her following him, and I don't know about everyone else on here but personally when I'm walking down the street I'm always wary of whose around me and am constantly checking for people. I dunno, but scenes like that in anime just confuse me really.
Oct 9, 2021 2:01 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Oi, this anime might be the dumb fun I was looking for. A weird mix of The Truman Show and Eva on the first episode? CGI that looks surprisingly decent? Street fights with robots? An entity that controls people from the shadows? Yeah, right up my alley. Never heard about the game though.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Oct 9, 2021 4:07 PM

Oct 2017
I really liked the music but everything else is mid, I'll watch some more but it's not one that I'll be looking forward to.
Oct 9, 2021 11:34 PM
Feb 2009
To me it looks like what it is, Level-5's version of a mech series.
And that's not a bad thing... at least not so far.
『おれは あの雲のように自由きままに生きる』ジュー​ザ
Oct 12, 2021 5:40 AM

Aug 2015
Pretty good first episode. The CGI looks like it was rendered in the game engine which will give it a unique look and feel.
Controversial opinions
Oct 14, 2021 4:53 PM
Mar 2019
wow, the art is so bad. they went with a stylized shading look, like in the world ends with you... but I guess had a limit on black digital ink or something, because they just arbitrarily stop using it.

I feel like this is chris hart, the anime
Oct 14, 2021 8:59 PM

Nov 2012
aw poor Mina! And ...I know it didn't have a face per se, but it appeared to look down like 'yeah I stepped on her. now what?'
Oct 14, 2021 10:19 PM
Jul 2018
Seriously, another anime with high schoolers saving the earth from danger story. what the fuck are the adults doing, playing house?
removed-userOct 17, 2021 4:50 AM
Oct 16, 2021 4:24 AM

Nov 2016
That one guy looking like Bellamy's lost twin.

Mecha and aliens, feels like many anime this season are similar to each other. This could be pretty fun, tho. It's not convoluted and I like the art as well as the soundtrack.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 17, 2021 2:37 PM
Jan 2018
So I'm watching this anime, and every character speaks like they are in a video game. Then they look like they are in a video game. And now they have video game powers. Then the OP has Level 5 on it. Now everything makes sense. If this show can top Gundam AGE, it will at least be worth my time. And topping that show is not a hard bar to clear.

I really like the art. The color designs are pretty unique. And the CG isn't as horrible as super robots wars, an anime with CGI so horrible that I will never watch another episode again. It seems like they are going the SHOUNEN route, by way of Yu Yu Hakusho without everything that made that story great. They also mixed in some Victory Gundam with the death of the sister. Tho censoring the blood definitely diminishes the scene. Of course, The Matrix gets plagiarized as well. Or was it an inspiration? Call it what you will.

Look, as a diehard mecha fan, I think it's really cool that fans can make their own show, inspired by the anime they grew up on and mixed with Level 5 kids anime. As a fellow fan, I respect what they want to do. Also as a fellow fan, just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. I gave Cannon Busters a shot. I sadly watched it all the way to the end. I can give this show a shot too.

Oct 18, 2021 10:53 AM
Jun 2019
Erotaku_ said:
Felt like a generic kids version Evangelion

The story was pretty stale, with almost all the characters looking and sounding generic and boring. The first fight scene where the MC turns on the music and all of a sudden he gains super-strength was kind of corny as well.

Looks like all the robot fights will be CG, which I understand, given the likely low budget for this show, but the transition from the regular animation felt pretty awkward.

The flashback scene was well done and I enjoyed the animation during that scene, but that's about it for compliments.

Watching for now, but it's on a short leash.

Not at all like Eva, what? This is a straight up homage to Getter Robo and Pacific Rim
Oct 21, 2021 12:30 PM

Jan 2009
nice start so far, finally a mecha anime with memory transfer of knowledge (The Matrix style) instead of training
Nov 17, 2021 2:17 PM

Nov 2009
Totally forgot about this series for a month, lol

Just watched episode 1, but... I already question this serie's plot...

If the aliens already know where the human (Terran) shelters are... why don't they just instantly kill all of them instead of going 1-by-1 like assassins?...

I am pretty sure if an Alien can wipe out 99.9% of humans, they can wipe out 0.01% of humans regardless if the humans have robots or not... hell, the Aliens have the tech to terraform the entire planet, they could make it so the planet kills off all humans by itself then re-terraform it back to habitable for the Aliens...

Instead the Aliens waited for the Humans to finish building their Shelters and Robots before sending in the assault... lol (with just minor units no less... where's the motherships and giant robots they showed in MC's memory? couldn't the Aliens just send those straight from the sky right ontop of the shelter and instantly destroy it instead of having minor unitis move slowly toward the shelter?... lol?)

Plus, if they can takeover other ppls mind like they did to that pretty girl... couldn't they just takeover someone that works in the control center and destroy the shelter from the inside?

___ ___ ___

BTW, did they do some sort of MIB mass population memory wipe to erase everyone's memories all at same time? else how did they move everyone into the shelters (that's also somehow made super fast) and erase their memories, it would take a LONG TIME to do it 1-by-1... and no one resisted?

___ ___ ___

Also, this is pretty much Japan version of "Pacific Rim", where multiple pilots controls a single Robot to fight against aliens.

Plus, we also got another "Drill the Heaven" moment going on here from Gurren Lagann

And the motive for revenge/ growth is MC's little sister getting foot-stomped (literally) by Aliens (another sibling killed for the plot)

___ ___ ___

And looks like this series is just for Mecha fans. All the budget is focused on the Robot fights, everything else is sub-par.
amlgNov 17, 2021 2:46 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Oct 23, 2022 6:28 AM

Dec 2015
So, beyond the Nagai / Getter / 70s mecha and songs, we also have a Megazone starting point? Funny.

3/5
Apr 25, 7:47 AM

Aug 2019
I'm pretty sure this is the second gundam anime I've ever watched, and I mean it's okay I guess. At the very least I'm interested enough to check another episode, but not sure if I'm going to watch this one all the way through. The animation was pretty rough, and I don't really care for any of these characters
Apr 25, 7:59 AM

Jan 2009
Reply to Alkimia
I'm pretty sure this is the second gundam anime I've ever watched, and I mean it's okay I guess. At the very least I'm interested enough to check another episode, but not sure if I'm going to watch this one all the way through. The animation was pretty rough, and I don't really care for any of these characters
@Alkimia no this is a mecha show but not gundam
Apr 25, 4:52 PM

Aug 2019
Reply to deg
@Alkimia no this is a mecha show but not gundam
@deg No wait you're right I'm an idiot and wrote this like half-asleep lol
May 18, 8:44 PM
Jun 2012
I started watching it due to its PV photo.

No real other reason. I'm dropping it halfway through episode 1.

As this either needs a prior understanding of an existing universe. (or equal)

Or this is just that extremely confusing in pacing, storyline, and artistic execution. Not otherwise something I would find fault in.

However, that is not a good trait to have for your episode one.

5/10

More topics from this board

» Coming Soon on Crunchyroll Worldwide

removed-user - Mar 28

5 by Alkimia »»
Apr 25, 4:54 PM

Poll: » Megaton-kyuu Musashi Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2021

11 by dhell26 »»
Apr 4, 3:35 PM

Poll: » Megaton-kyuu Musashi Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2021

7 by Rei_III »»
Oct 23, 2022 11:32 AM

Poll: » Megaton-kyuu Musashi Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2021

6 by TRI_Mike »»
Jun 12, 2022 7:08 PM

Poll: » Megaton-kyuu Musashi Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2021

8 by TRI_Mike »»
Jun 12, 2022 6:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.