Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Peach Boy Riverside
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 5, 2021 6:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode was another weird one...

Dealing with oni and that giant rooster. Yikes. At least we got to see a tougher side of that Millia girl. She seemed so harmless at first. Mikoto didn't even seem to take everything seriously in all this drama. Heh, perhaps she and Mikoto can become good friends from now on.

Aug 5, 2021 7:25 AM

Jul 2017
The positive about this episode: it follows up with last week's episode, and links up with Episode 3 of the TV "On Air" version.

The angel Atra really helped out Frau's life, and that's just a fragment of her memories. Carrot asking Sally about her extermination of Sett the walrus demon for confirmation, and the shopkeeper that saw the demi-humans before aren't that happy about the ruckus. But whatever it is, Carrot is happy that she's free of the demonic life. Atra asking the vampire about his own life, and he's ready to depart to the afterlife. Anyways, both Carrot and Frau are good demonic friends now.

This is officially the start where Mikoto and Hair oni a.k.a Hatsuki-cum-Sister Millia coincided with each other in their own journeys. And to no surprise, she is a demon, which rubs Mikoto the wrong way instinctively, but her being amnesiac, Mikoto's helper dog brushed it aside to save her life from being trampled by the peach boy. Being in a forest means that demons aren't far away, even if higher-up demons come to capture her back.

The flashback with Sally means that both met up earlier before Mikoto (that's to be presented in a future TV episode), but the peach boy doesn't care about Millia's state as an oni since that's their own conflict. And unlike Carrot, Millia rips her horn out, which forces her demonic origins to go away, and requesting Mikoto help her bail out of the situation, and he did.

With Episodes 5 and 6, we've yet to watch what happens in-between, so look forward to that.
KANLen09Aug 5, 2021 7:32 AM
Aug 5, 2021 8:07 AM

Dec 2020
I want to know more about Frau and Atra she is an angel she take frau strong ability away from her.

Millia is a demon im little suprised that she cut her own horn to live.
I curious about millia and sally what happened between them two, im looking forward to the next Episodes.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Aug 5, 2021 8:08 AM

Feb 2019
I liked this episode a lot, been seeing some negative feedback on it but not sure why. Thought Hatsuki was a cool addition for Mikoto and provides a nice mirror with Sally also travelling with an ogre. Also found out that mikoto isn’t really mikoto, so some important information dropped this week.
Aug 5, 2021 8:23 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Frau is still very mysterious, I want to learn more about her/him (I still don't get if it's a female or male, the subs say that it's a male for my version but it's suspicious)
That whole part with the ogre Mikoto was also interesting but I'm confused, we didn't see the part that they were talking about where Sally first killed her, right?
Aug 5, 2021 8:26 AM
Oct 2017
fix the goddamn watch order for fucks sake, youre not doing anything unique or interesting that makes us go 'ooooo'

youre just making it inconvenient to watch your mid-ass show
Aug 5, 2021 8:38 AM
May 2017
BloodyTaer said:
fix the goddamn watch order for fucks sake, youre not doing anything unique or interesting that makes us go 'ooooo'

facts but dont be so angry lol
Aug 5, 2021 9:06 AM

Dec 2012
So after the first four episodes, it's still not in order. Sighhhhhhh...-.-
It's time to drop it until the end of the season.
Aug 5, 2021 9:32 AM

Jul 2017
BloodyTaer said:

menpe said:
So after the first four episodes, it's still not in order. Sighhhhhhh...-.-
It's time to drop it until the end of the season.
Might as well wait until this show finishes, then watch it in the original order.
Aug 5, 2021 9:32 AM
Jul 2018
Manga readers, what are your thoughts on the adaptation so far? Cuz as an anime only, it definitely feels like they either skipping shit or fucking up the order of events, making shit more confusing....

Aug 5, 2021 9:41 AM
Oct 2017
Phyc0ticK1ller said:
Manga readers, what are your thoughts on the adaptation so far? Cuz as an anime only, it definitely feels like they either skipping shit or fucking up the order of events, making shit more confusing....

yeah, the episode order is fucked up

heres the order you should watch it in:
ep 1
ep 2
ep 3
ep 7
ep 8
the 6th ep of this order hasn't come out yet
ep 6
this one hasn't come out yet either
ep 4
Aug 5, 2021 9:47 AM
Jul 2021
Another good episode, But I really wish they'd make the blondes look different man, I keep thinking they are showing flashbacks to when Sally was with Mikoto. This episode seriously had me thinking "Wait, has Sally been an Ogre this whole time?!?" And then she imagined running into her. Also the Angel looks like Sally too if it wasn't for the eye color. But anyway definitely liking this Anime although I don't understand why it's called Peach Boy when at least to me it seems that Sally is the MC, and I really think the title might throw some people off of giving this show a shot. I know plenty won't care, but I tried recommending it to my friend and he scoffed at it because of it. But hopefully it's popular enough to get more seasons.
Aug 5, 2021 10:01 AM

Apr 2018
Well, this is how we met the weird Nun. She was pretty funny in the last episode. An orge before but rescued by Mikito.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Aug 5, 2021 10:50 AM
Dec 2019
This anime is a mess

This is the second time they have talked about fights that never happened. I don't know if it's an editing problem or if there are ghost chapters .5 hanging around. I will NOT continue to watch an anime that tells me an unfinished story. This reminds me of the legendary Katanagatari fight between Hakuhei and Shichika.
Forced to read the manga
Aug 5, 2021 11:33 AM
Anime Cat

Aug 2017
It's always painful to see an anime with a lot of potential wasted by questionable production factors.

Not everyone is smart enough to re-order the episodes correctly.

Even a lot of people struggled by watching Monogatari Series in release order.
Aug 5, 2021 11:51 AM
Daydreamer

Mar 2020
So apparently the chronological order of the episodes so far is 4-1-2-5-6-3 and there are still more episode in between to come... the more I see the more I question this choice.
Aug 5, 2021 12:17 PM

Jul 2011
This episode was the weakest till now.

The only important information was that Kibitsu Mikoto, is the son of the original Momotaro,probably.
The rest was mostly was just transition.

With time to think, makes me wonder, what happened to Monkey and Pheasant?

Aug 5, 2021 2:55 PM

Jun 2017
Millia is adorable..I hope she survives the series. lol
Aug 5, 2021 3:25 PM

Apr 2015
I would have been completely lost if it wasn't for the Manga. Atleast we got an instant follow up from the previous episode, but still missing some important parts that was shown in this episode by a few flashes. Like Juki and Hatsune (Millia) being involved with it. Can't wait to see that episode, cause I am dying to see Winnie Animated.

Judging by the title, we're gonna get the events right after that whole kingdom got blown up with Hawthorn barely surviving (end of on-air ep 2) next week. Man, this order is a mess.
Aug 5, 2021 4:02 PM
Jul 2018
Millia taking off the ogre horns was the thing she thought of in that situation, Mikoto demonstrated his strength but he didn't actually fight, I hope there was a fight, it was an episode with a lot of good things and it's weird.
removed-userAug 5, 2021 4:06 PM
Aug 5, 2021 6:07 PM

Nov 2011
So there is a lot of super natural stuff going on and I like how. However just like everyone else my brain is rattled with the order of episodes.

This one should have been before or after episode 3 and we don't even know what Sally did to Millia as well.

So yeah.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Fall 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Aug 5, 2021 11:29 PM
Dec 2020
what the fuck this episode.?! i know shufle , but not like this. this is bad story.
Aug 6, 2021 12:27 AM

Oct 2016
Really good episode! And it's a direct continuation of the last episode plus also filling in the missing pieces for that tournament episode. I am assuming the chronological order would have been last episode and then this episode and then the tournament episode. Now I await for that tree ogre episode lmao.

Those big red eyes on Frau is cool and creepy at the same time. That merchant definitely deserved that punch, also want Sally to stare at me with contempt and punch me in the face- wait what? Nice to see how Mikoto and Millia became companions she's cool. Looking forward to Sally seeing Millia again but with Mikoto.
Aug 6, 2021 1:46 AM

Aug 2019
I was over here thinking the rest of the episodes were going to be in chronological order then we get a new character out of nowhere
Aug 6, 2021 3:08 PM
🦆👑

Jan 2020
The way she ripped the horn off was pretty bloody.. ouch

but the sudden change in personality feels a little weird but I think I'll gte used to it

Aug 7, 2021 2:06 AM

Oct 2008
nice episode!
Sally really defended Carrot even from that fatass human!
Looks like Mikoto just gained a former order now human nun follower Millia!

btw Atra, the beautiful Yuuko Suzuhana's voice which is also the leader of Wagakki Band, sounds similar to VA Uchida Maaya...in some lines...
5/5.
matias067Aug 7, 2021 2:09 AM

Sep 18, 2021 3:14 AM
Mar 2012
lots of stuff
obviously need to watch ep12 before ep6, the character conflicts & growth, Sally vs Carrot, nun etc mostly makes sense.

Only part questionable sense is Mikoto tried to kill nun, despite after ep12 Sumeragi's important talk.
Sep 24, 2021 3:20 AM

Jul 2015
Good to see Carrot having changed her mind on Sally despite the latter not murdering her own kind but at least giving a good punch to the face when they really deserve it.

Respect to Hatsuki/Millia having pulled out her broken horn saving her life in the process.

Jul 27, 2022 6:26 AM

Jun 2021
Atleast they put the episode that should release after last weeks episode.. *Clap Clap*.. They got it right this time..

But I wonder what they're doing with the episodes that are supposed to release before this Arc..

On another note: Nice Punch Sally.. That Shopkeep really deserved it.
Sep 16, 2023 4:56 PM

Dec 2022
Found Millia ripping out her own horn like that gnarly. Saved her life though, so I guess it was worth it. Mikoto can't really call himself a lone traveller anymore, with a talking dog and loli nun in tow.

╔⏤═⏤╝ ╚⏤═⏤╗
Shaded Horizon

More topics from this board

» If you watch this anime in 5he chronological order its actually good!

Yassob - Sep 28, 2021

17 by chaosnetwork »»
Sep 5, 9:02 PM

Poll: » Peach Boy Riverside Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2021

51 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 16, 2023 7:04 PM

Poll: » Peach Boy Riverside Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2021

38 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 16, 2023 6:34 PM

Poll: » Peach Boy Riverside Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2021

38 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 16, 2023 6:03 PM

Poll: » Peach Boy Riverside Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

anime-prime - Jul 10, 2021

81 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 16, 2023 5:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.