Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 27, 2020 7:29 AM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
IT'S TIME FOR THE DIVISION RAP BATTLES. TAKE YOUR PLACES EVERYONE!

The harsh memories resurfacing of The Dirty Dawg with all 4 individual leaders at stake and aside, what an intro to the all-women politics and all-men rap battles.

Semi-Final Battle 1: Buster Bros!!! vs. Mad Trigger Crew. BRING THE BEAT!!!
Middle brother Jiro vs. Jyuto, youngest brother Saburo vs. Busujima, and leaders older brother Ichiro vs. Samatoki (as to be expected).

But bring them together, it's each to their own formidable performance of rapping power a.k.a. showcase (and more importantly to HypMic / Hypster fans, the songs are where it's at).

I honestly can't believe how episodes like this are standard-fare long, yet feel like 5 mins. Well, gotta give credit to the immersive rap battles, another 2-3 episodes long!
KANLen09Nov 27, 2020 9:08 AM
Nov 27, 2020 8:31 AM
Jul 2018
Honestly, I knew MTC win Buster Bros from the beginning because I listened one of tournament songs "WAR WAR WAR". Their rap battle was great but it can't be helped in terms of fans poll (this battle is based on people's poll who bought tournament single). If you're Buster Bros fan, I feel you as a fan of MTC. This result is true to the original. I also can't believe it.

If anime staff follow original, Fling Posse vs Manterou's battle result is...
Nov 27, 2020 9:03 AM
Sep 2015
Now finally I get to see an actual rap battle in episode 9...

But why their clothes weren't ripped off when they attack each other? I assume that's the whole point of this franchise?
Nov 27, 2020 9:08 AM
Jan 2020
Yes yes yes. At last we are getting the next lvl content
Nov 27, 2020 11:13 AM

Sep 2019
Mad Trigger Crew won, I was rooting for them in this round. Really enjoyed this episode.
Nov 27, 2020 11:36 AM

Jan 2017
phantomfandom said:
Now finally I get to see an actual rap battle in episode 9...

But why their clothes weren't ripped off when they attack each other? I assume that's the whole point of this franchise?

Well it actually isn't. The original story is very well made. The anime just takes few parts from it which is sad... The TDD arc (aka what happened 4 years before the stuff in anime) is such a great arc for example.
"Anime is trash and so am I."

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
Nov 27, 2020 12:58 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
As usual I knew Mad Trigger Crew was going to win. I'll give credit to Buster Bros. for putting up a decent fight, but they were no match for the combined effort of a yakuza man, policeman, and a ex-soldier that is Mad Trigger Crew.
Nov 27, 2020 2:28 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Okay, without any wasting such a time, they already announced the main dish. Yeah, the division rap battle between Buster Bros against Mad Trigger Crew at their first stage. The first met after a long time no see of them was quite intimidating, and somehow its just full of fun. Especially with how those men were called barbaric, by those women. Because of their childish act, fighting before the main deal happened. Yeah, its really them, too barbar xd.

Well, not gonna say much about the battle between BB and MTC. Its really entertaining, indeed, almost choking hard of myself while Samatoki slightly reach his defeated by Ichiro's last blast. Gladly, he could regain his conciousness before its too late, and deal the ultimate attack to Ichiro. The end for BB, he couldn't take it anymore. They even looked so fatigue before reaching the main rap combination. Because it looks like, the duo brothers of Ichiro had a hard time dealing with the others member of MTC. The different of their overall strengths, seemed to be a biggest reason behind BB lost. Well, good work, Ichiro, and the rest of the team, its really an entertaining match!

Now, lets go to the second battle!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Nov 27, 2020 3:47 PM

Feb 2020
Rather surprised with the end result here. I haven't been following the original material so I was assuming Buster Bros would walk away victorious. Though I'm sure there'll be something left for them to do as the episodes go on.

As I said, I haven't gone over any other material involving the series so my guess is Fling Posse wins out next time. Maybe by shenanigans?
Nov 27, 2020 4:09 PM

Oct 2009
On one hand, I wish the results weren't as predictable as they are, even knowing what's behind them. On the other, I love how absolutely gorgeous and fluid the CG parts are, but holy shit trying to follow the absolutely nonsensical lyrics is making it hard to watch those..... make sure you decide what you want to focus on. xD
Nov 27, 2020 5:22 PM
Jul 2018
I was rooting for Mad Trigger Crew a battle is very good I am very looking forward to the next episode.

Nov 27, 2020 5:30 PM
Jul 2018
WallyWeasel said:
Rather surprised with the end result here. I haven't been following the original material so I was assuming Buster Bros would walk away victorious. Though I'm sure there'll be something left for them to do as the episodes go on.

As I said, I haven't gone over any other material involving the series so my guess is Fling Posse wins out next time. Maybe by shenanigans?

I have to agree with you. I had some online friends playing the mobile game for Hypnosis Mic. But I only follow the anime.
Buster Bros had more screen time so I assumed they would win. But boy were we wrong! The powers of a yakuza, policeman and former army member from Mad Trigger Crew members are strong. Solving all those crime scenes gave Mad Trigger Crew a boost to their mic powers.
A lot of drama and rivalry in this episode between Samatoki and Ichiro with siblings and family involved.

Ramuda previously revealed that he was the one who disbanded the original leader group. So he seems to have more than one persona.
Nov 27, 2020 7:56 PM
Apr 2020
The final part of the Division Rap Battle officially started.

1st Battle: Buster Bros vs Mad Trigger Crew
Mad Trigger Crew won! It seems like the first one to strike is at a disadvantage. lol

Next battle is Matenro vs Fling Posse. I have a feeling that Fling Posse will win since they are backed up by the government. lol

Nov 27, 2020 11:24 PM
Nov 2020
This was so LAME.

I was hoping for something great since the rap battles are what the franchise is about... But no, you got some boring fights with a bad flow and almost no music.

There is like no violence in their rap while you can feel all the hatred between Ichiro and Samatoki when listening to WAR WAR WAR, the true rap battle. It's like day and night and I wonder why they didn't want to put WAR WAR WAR in the show, really.

The animators seems to be bored too since they used some CGI from the first episode during the battle. What a shame.

And they are still receding from the CD Dramas, mangas and rhythm game by making up a lot of bullshit about Nemu or even the rap ability of Samatoki.

This anime is a joke. If you want to watch a good rap battle, check out Hypnosis Mic lives and not this cheap show.
Gatooo25Nov 27, 2020 11:32 PM
Nov 28, 2020 3:19 AM

Oct 2016
Good episode, we finally got our long awaited rap battle with the boys. Didn't expect Ramuda and Jakurai to have beef with each other as well. Lmao, they were all bout to destroy each other in the beginning.

Damn, Buster Bros. got destroyed. Well, Ichiro gave a good fight but, Samatoki's ability is OP as hell. Though the repeated explosion after every turn is kinda annoying lmao. Looking forward to Fling Posse vs Matenro.
Nov 28, 2020 3:36 AM
Nov 2020
sKyBlazer08 said:
Didn't expect Ramuda and Jakurai to have beef with each other as well.

Because the build up doesn't exist in this show. While in the CD dramas, we know long before the beginning of the battles that Jakurai hates Ramuda.

We don't even know what Hifumi, Doppo, Gentarou and Dice really want. Jakurai says his purpose to a random guy like Tom while he doesn't tell his team mates. Matenrou members look like they're very distant while Fling Posse members seem close to each other but it's actually the exact opposite. Jyuto is like "oh you don't like Ichirou, Samatoki?" while he is supposed to be scared shitless of Samatoki when he is pissed about Ichirou.

A whole lot of bull with no tension and no build up.
Nov 28, 2020 5:54 AM
( ̄y▽ ̄)╭ Ohohoho.

Jul 2013
I'm still biased since I'm a huge HypMic fan, but I loved this ep so much. I kinda wish they would have used the original songs, but I'm all in for new stuff of my boys, so I take it. It was fun to watch and I still think the CG is well done.

It's something you either love or hate, but I just can't hate anything related to HypMic, lol.

I will show no mercy for you
You had no mercy for me
The only thing that I ask
Love me mercilessly
Nov 28, 2020 8:40 PM

Jul 2016
Finally a proper rap battle after 8 episodes!

Glad MTC won but to be honest, I didn't find their lyrics nor Buster Bros's all that good. Anyways, the episode was still more entertaining than previous ones so now, I'm looking forward to Ramuda vs. Jakurai next week.

P.S.: By the way, was I the only one who thought of Yu-Gi-Oh! every time someone was engulfed in an explosion while screaming?
Nov 29, 2020 7:36 AM
ギャンブルビイ

Sep 2018
The music is the strongest suit of this franchise for sure, so this episode was real fun to watch. Looking forward to FP vs. MTR next week!
Nov 29, 2020 8:22 AM

Dec 2015
Impressive, I expected MTC to win unless BB do something. Since I don't know a lot about the original, I didn't know about Jakurai and Ramuda not liking each other.
Can't wait for the next battle though I'm expecting something like what we got, mostly focus with their leaders, and their two members defeated.

SouthRzVa said:
P.S.: By the way, was I the only one who thought of Yu-Gi-Oh! every time someone was engulfed in an explosion while screaming?

LOL same, glad I'm not the only one. xD

set by taiyaki

Nov 29, 2020 10:44 AM

Mar 2017
Whaaa?! I genuinely wasn't expecting Buster Bros to lose. It's really sad to see Ichiro and Samatoki gunning for each other like that since they used to be close and their falling out is most definitely orchestrated by someone else to make them enemies.

Can't wait to see Fling Posse and Matenro battle next week; seriously unsure if Ramuda or Jakurai will come out the winner
Nov 29, 2020 11:17 AM

Oct 2015
Tfw you're Navy veteran who've been in actual battle and a 14 y/o snotty brat holds his own against you.

Nov 29, 2020 1:23 PM

Aug 2015
Forgot to post something here after I watched the episode on Friday so I will do it now

MAN I'm glad they finally adapted something from the manga series/drama tracks! As far as I can remember the first part of the anime before the DRB popped off was pretty much completely the same as both the drama track and manga. I relistened to the drama track on Thursday and I hyped myself up a lot and I wasn't disappointed!!

Really happy the characters finally met up as well :') It was a painful episode ,, but still it was expected that MTC would win over BB (MTC Supremacy), however I cant help but feel bad for Jiro and Saburo ;; They are so young and they were injured a lot. MTC consists of men who are almost 30 after all ;;

Sad they didnt perform War War War but we got a huuuge rap battle scene out of it which blew my mind away oh my god, my favorite part was when Saburo roasted Riou , lol the 14 year old just called an ex military soldier a NEET lolol, pop off Saburo (I love you Rio dw)

Anyways rly excited about Fling Posse vs Matenrou now! I wont spoil anything but its gonna get intense.

Dec 1, 2020 12:20 PM
Oct 2019
to be honest I'm kinda disappointed cause they didn't sing war
Dec 1, 2020 6:10 PM

Jul 2017
That battle honestly felt very one sided lol. Like apart from that super blast Ichiro did that took out the other 2 guys, the BB hardly did any "damage" lul

But tbh I wasn't expecting them all to actually end up duking it out, thought it was gonna be one of those "team up to rebel against the authorities" type stuff :P

though there's still 4 eps left so the chance is there
Dec 3, 2020 7:39 PM

Oct 2008
d'awww Buster Bros got defeated...nice ep!
4/5.

Dec 10, 2020 8:11 PM

Aug 2015
BEST CREW ADVANCES BABY
Dec 30, 2020 11:31 PM

Mar 2010
Finally the battle begins and its actually a fight. Seems like Mad Trigger is stronger. Buster Bros looks like they always recieved damage. I guess the Mad trigger crew is good at hiding their pain.
Jun 7, 2021 11:42 PM

Jun 2020
Samatoki is going to make me pregnant

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Jul 23, 2021 10:21 AM
Dec 2017
Alrighty the rap battles have started!!!

Nov 19, 2023 10:42 PM
Jun 2012
Super Rap Bros™️ are down for the count.

Advance! 🔫💀🔫 Crew.
Jan 9, 11:29 AM

Jan 2024
“Navy vet… that’s just a synonym for unemployment”. Ouch

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hypnosis Mic: Division Rap Battle - Rhyme Anima Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 9, 2020

57 by BerryStar »»
Mar 28, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Hypnosis Mic: Division Rap Battle - Rhyme Anima Episode 11 Discussion

KANLen09 - Dec 11, 2020

28 by 0arche »»
Jan 9, 1:49 PM

Poll: » Hypnosis Mic: Division Rap Battle - Rhyme Anima Episode 13 Discussion

KANLen09 - Dec 25, 2020

42 by waldy713 »»
Nov 20, 2023 1:00 AM

Poll: » Hypnosis Mic: Division Rap Battle - Rhyme Anima Episode 12 Discussion

KANLen09 - Dec 18, 2020

20 by waldy713 »»
Nov 20, 2023 12:27 AM

Poll: » Hypnosis Mic: Division Rap Battle - Rhyme Anima Episode 10 Discussion

KANLen09 - Dec 4, 2020

29 by waldy713 »»
Nov 19, 2023 11:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.