Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fire Force
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 23, 2020 2:08 PM
May 2019
BlasashiiVT said:
As no one has, I'm explaining the end of the episode where Arthur unveils the meaning of the sequences of numbers.

The secret is to read part of the numbers as Kanji in either Kun'yomi or On'yomi.

For example, the second one is 87788990. This one was "Hurry up and give me a banana", which in Japanese is "Hayaku Banana Wo Kure"
The numbers are:

9: Kyuu, Ku
8: Hachi
7: Nana
6: Roku
5: Go, itsu
4: Yon, Shi
3: San, Mi
2: Ni
1: Ichi, I
0: Zero, Rei

So this is how it is: Ha(chi, 8)yaku Ba Nana (Seven) wo Ku (Nine) Re(i, 0)

The other ones are 44929917 and 34102515, so they are Yo(n, Four) Shi (Four) Ro Ni (Two) Ku (Nine) Ku (Nine) Rei (Zero) Na(na, Seven) Eat some meat, Yoshiro; and Sa(n, Three) Shi (Four) I (One) Rei (Zero) Ni (Two) Ko (Five) I (One) Ko (Five)

Just want to point out that 87788990 is "banana hayaku ku rei", not "hayaku banana wo kure". The rest is correct
Aug 23, 2020 3:22 PM

Mar 2018
kaip4 said:
BlasashiiVT said:
As no one has, I'm explaining the end of the episode where Arthur unveils the meaning of the sequences of numbers.

The secret is to read part of the numbers as Kanji in either Kun'yomi or On'yomi.

For example, the second one is 87788990. This one was "Hurry up and give me a banana", which in Japanese is "Hayaku Banana Wo Kure"
The numbers are:

The other ones are 44929917 and 34102515, so they are Yo(n, Four) Shi (Four) Ro Ni (Two) Ku (Nine) Ku (Nine) Rei (Zero) Na(na, Seven) Eat some meat, Yoshiro; and Sa(n, Three) Shi (Four) I (One) Rei (Zero) Ni (Two) Ko (Five) I (One) Ko (Five)

Just want to point out that 87788990 is "banana hayaku ku rei", not "hayaku banana wo kure". The rest is correct

I thought the phrase was quite weird like that, but Arthur had pronounced something like that. Now it makes sense, thanks
You were ready to kill another creature, yet you're scared to be killed. Don't you think that's weird? When you point a gun at another life... This is what happens.

Aug 23, 2020 3:53 PM

Jan 2020
BlasashiiVT said:

The numbers are:

Ty for taking the time to explain it!

Humans may have two eyes, but we can only see one thing
Don't use the scores to see an anime
ええい! なんでも やって やる
Aug 23, 2020 5:18 PM

Dec 2015
The soundtrack on 16:40 around before the vocals sound so familiar to duel of the fates
Aug 23, 2020 9:05 PM

Jan 2013
Another cataclysm? And a Demon to defeat only with 4 people? The next episode will be intense! But at this point, only Shinra can defeat him.

I do wonder what those numbers mean...
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Aug 24, 2020 6:51 AM
Apr 2020
This land is kinda interesting the more they go it gets more fascinating.

Decent episode nothing to expect much. Some fights with original Infernals from the Great Catatclysm, maybe that's the reason why they can speak.

Arthur being a big brain affirming that those numbers are pi.
Aug 24, 2020 8:59 AM

May 2018
Nah those are nhentai numbers

Also, never did I think I would see the day that Aizen's seiyuu also do a crow lol
Aug 24, 2020 5:16 PM

Aug 2015
Another interesting episode. The infernals in this timr around seem to be quite intelligent. Sad to see the animals losing their home, hopefully they don't. The comedy in this episode was quite funny especially when Arthur said that the numbers are actually Pi. Loved the reaction of Licht and Pan. Can't wait for the next episode, the preview looked amazing.
Aug 25, 2020 11:15 AM
Mar 2020
WhatTheNaniii said:
Interesting episode with some lore and the whole Amaterasu thing(what i already suspected). They are going to face a difficult challenge but looking at the teaser at the end, Ogun is going to step up big time. Thanks Arthur for that Pi thing.

Nahh, sigo pensando que este episodio es basura.
Aug 27, 2020 7:07 PM
Jul 2015
BlasashiiVT said:
kaip4 said:

I thought the phrase was quite weird like that, but Arthur had pronounced something like that. Now it makes sense, thanks

Just a little nit-pick, the mnemonic that was said for 44929917 was:
Yoshiro, niku ku-i na
よしろにくくいな
yo shi ro ni ku ku i na

But I heard "ro" as in roku (6) and I was like huh? So I looked it up and it was actually a typo. That mnemonic is correct, the sequence in the subtitles was wrong, its actually 44629917.
Aug 28, 2020 8:21 AM

Jan 2018
Genius Arthur. I started to like him more since the beginning of this season.
Aug 28, 2020 11:34 AM

Jul 2013
the cult leader is funny to me idky
Sep 3, 2020 6:18 PM

Jul 2013
They're struggling so much with one demon while Shinmonnthe captain of company 7 dealt with one so easily goddamn the gap of power is just too much. Also, seriously what the hell is up with Arthur? He's more than a couple of times pulled something very surprising outta nowhere.
Sep 8, 2020 1:19 AM
Apr 2020
Who is that woman? Is she the evangelist or someone related to the evangelist? That demon is wearing a White-Clad robe so I'm assuming he's a former member. And what?! Arthur memorized the pi?!

Sep 19, 2020 9:01 AM

Oct 2017
Great episode. Loved the action and mysteries.
Oct 2, 2020 10:30 PM

Dec 2013
Arthur pointing out the numbers are pi took me by complete surprise.
Oct 8, 2020 9:58 PM
Oct 2019
This season is bad and it should feel bad.

This oasis of talking fire animals is AWFUL. Couldn't they have done all of this without talking animals? Was the writer really that hard-up for ideas? I hope they actually serve a purpose, because as I of now they don't. (Actually, if the animals play a key role, I'll probably just dislike this season even more. It's a no-win situation.)

The mysterious and creepy lady that turned that power plant on and *gag* taught the animals how to talk, is she not the first pillar/person with the adolla burst that appeared to Shinra a few episodes before? (I could be wrong. I don't really feel like checking.)

This demon infernal has been around since the cataclysm? Where did it get a white clad robe? Pi tablets, wtf? The power plant. This whole thing could be interesting. Or it could be immensely underwhelming.

This season remains a 5/10; a disappointment.
HagePotPotatoOct 8, 2020 10:21 PM
Nov 24, 2020 8:18 AM

Apr 2013
Shinra is usually quick to use his Rapid but completely slept on the job when Viktor got caught in the trap and almost died if it wasn't for the Lieutenant interfering, guess they wanted show off Pan's buff ability some more or to add more tension.
Also dissapointed in Viktor for not realizing it's Pi and Arthur doing so, but he figures out the craziest things in critical situations so that one was probably too low for him.
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Dec 1, 2020 11:22 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
This was hard to sit through.
Feb 4, 2021 1:02 PM

Aug 2017
Main villain of this arc is generic and boring. I hope a twist or I'm going to be disappointed.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Apr 29, 2021 8:06 PM

Nov 2010
It really frustrates me when immortals in fictional shows get bored of existing and want to die. I wish they'd give me their immortality instead, there's so much things I want to do infinity will never be enough! For me time is the ultimate enemy and I want to overcome it so much.
May 30, 2021 4:29 PM
May 2020
Arthur casually clocking that the number sequence is pi lol
Jan 31, 2022 12:57 AM
Absolute Zenith

Mar 2016
I'm loving this arc more and more by the episodes!

The animal's benefactor made it sound like she came from an alternate timeline when she admit she came from the spatial rift. A spatial rift! If someone like Sho could slow the heat expansion of the Universe and stop time, someone else with an Evangelist's grace could potentially do some pseudo-science bullshit to open a rift portal that leads to an alternate Universe, but that's just too far of a guess at this point. Now I wonder how she's able to communicate, much less teach a horde of animals the human language and how she's able to activate the Tabernacle so simply.

The White-Clad wanted to destroy the world to return humanity and everything else into its purest state within the great fire of Adolla burst, whereas some former White-Clad demon infernal here, wanted to do the same and ascend to 'heaven' but more than anything, the man just wanna die. This motive is actually believable, as a demon infernal, he literally can't be killed by anything around him, anything but the explosion from the Tabernacle, so it makes sense why he's been trying to kill himself for the past 250 years. Poor guy doesn't know he could have just travelled to the Tokyo Empire to get absolutely pulverized by the Fire Force there, particularly by Benimaru.

Delusional Arthur is immensely powerful in his swordsmanship, but when he's not going insane in his wild imagination, he can sometimes be clever. Clever enough to figure out that the random sequence of numbers is Pi. Well done.
Jun 4, 2022 2:13 PM

May 2020
Hmph... and people still think Arthur's an idiot. I mean I never doubted him, i swear.
Aug 8, 2022 8:47 AM

Apr 2013
Tamaki was suprisingly well dressed the whole fight, is the place suppressing her "ability"?
Jan 7, 2023 1:52 PM

Nov 2020
An intriguing arc but it's a shounen so can't really expect anything.
Jan 13, 10:18 PM
Nov 2023
It was ok. I kind of just want them to reach the spatial rift already so it felt this lowkey just feels like an unnecessary side quest.
May 9, 2:03 AM
Dec 2022
Did Arthur just decipher the random numbers inside the Tabernacle? Lol
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2020

74 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
Yesterday, 5:33 PM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2020

123 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
Yesterday, 5:43 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jul 24, 2020

117 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
Oct 6, 1:30 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2020

105 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
Oct 6, 1:23 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

_MushiRock11_ - Jul 3, 2020

140 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
Oct 6, 1:20 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.