Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 30, 2019 3:50 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It's honestly sad to see Seth and Melie growing so distant this season. They really need to rebuild their trust again..

At least he's not completely alone.
Oct 30, 2019 6:39 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The first part with Melie was actually really sad, I hope they will reconcile...
Oct 30, 2019 7:09 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Great episode, the best of the series.

That conflict brewing between Seth and Melie was something i didn't look forward to, it was really sad to listen to.

Both have reasoning from their point of view that makes it believable.

I wouldn't be surprised if Melie actually loves him, it can turn to that very easily i would assume if you get disappointment after disappointment for your curse and then someone comes into your life that accepts everything about you.
Oct 30, 2019 8:37 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Easily the best episode of the season so far!

Sad to see how the conflict between the two played out, they've been through completely different experiences so it's really difficult to blame one over the other in my opinion. I really hope they'll be able to mend the relationship though, Melie is one of my favourite characters of the show and I want some happiness for her naturally.

Seth's continuous dream though, looks like we'll be getting something interesting next episode. Looking forward to that!

Meanwhile, Ochoco and Seth's partnership officially begins!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 30, 2019 8:48 AM

Jul 2017
For how much I despise this anime, Melie's part actually impressed me a lot, and made me sympathize with her a lot. In general, I never like to trust people since I know that it would hurt ten times as more if they abandoned me or if they betrayed me, and when Melie broke, I felt that too.

This episode was infinitely the best episode of the entire franchise (and first episode I actually liked). Poor Melie, but glad we got to see Radiant deliver something powerful like this.
Oct 30, 2019 10:25 AM

Jul 2012
Wow, I absolutely never expected this series to have a serious episode like this one, ever. I really liked it though.

I kinda get where Melie is coming from emotionally, but Seth obviously used logic to explain why he had to leave them and it MAKES SENSE. Like, no matter how hard you want to, you can't just suddenly become strong enough to stop him when he goes berserk.

Probably the best episode so far.
Awesome signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 30, 2019 2:31 PM

Feb 2013
animejas said:
For how much I despise this anime, Melie's part actually impressed me a lot, and made me sympathize with her a lot. In general, I never like to trust people since I know that it would hurt ten times as more if they abandoned me or if they betrayed me, and when Melie broke, I felt that too.

This episode was infinitely the best episode of the entire franchise (and first episode I actually liked). Poor Melie, but glad we got to see Radiant deliver something powerful like this.

Just curious.. Why are you still watching if you have not enjoyed any of the previous episodes?
Oct 30, 2019 2:38 PM
Nov 2018
One of the best episodes in the series. I deeply understand how melie feels, however seth has a point when it goes Full Berserk the safety of everyone around him is compromised. Melie just change her personality, Seth knock a Thaumaturge down
Oct 30, 2019 2:41 PM

Feb 2013
I have to agree with everyone. I too think this is the best episode of the series so far. I loved the interaction between Melie and Seth. I could feel the emotion behind it and to be honest I was siding more with Melie during the argument. That would be awesome if Seth would trust her dedication and strength and she got more powerful or even learned how to control her power. Then they could search together for radiant. It looks like they are departing ways for now but I guess we will see what happens. When Seth met up directly with Ocoho for a second I was thinking "oh my god please don't let this be a harem type anime where multiple girls have feeling for the main character" but I really didn't get that vibe off their interaction and I loved that they did the fist bump haha. I think it would be really dope if Ocoho was gay but I doubt that will be the case. 10/10
Oct 30, 2019 6:54 PM

Oct 2015
Melie threw some heavy stuff to Seth. I was frustrated at Doc, how he's trying to separate Seth to Melie, the bastard is still selfish as ever.

I'm more interested on that cliffhanger.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Oct 31, 2019 12:10 AM

Aug 2018
Dumb Mélie she does not understand what will happen when Seth lose his control but she is said that she understand but nope dumb as donkey
Oct 31, 2019 12:36 AM

Oct 2017
The whole first half wasted on lame drama. Both of em don't understand what the other is trying to say.

The second half was pretty nice, I'm starting to like Ocoho more than Melie. She is a lively girl and really fun to watch.
Oct 31, 2019 5:03 AM

Jul 2017
More drama between Seth and Melie, which FINALLY this episode addressed the reasons why they were sorely distant after the events of Season 1.

YES, it's totally understandable that with Melie and Doc, Seth has another thought process of (massive) responsibility for their safety, not from enemies, but from him (back then when he transformed). BUT Melie JUST COULD NOT BELIEVE that in times of need, he ABANDONED the both of them, not just as a comrade, but as friends. It's not just about finding the end goal which is Radiant, but enjoying the endless ruse of challenges and moments together and understanding each other's notions to go further. Both sides of the coin, I fully emphatize.

Hah, Myr sneaking in was funny, quite the cheat and whatnot. But Seth has no way out, now that Ocoho knows his massive Fantasia power, but a deal's made between the both of them

Quite an episode, compared to the many (un)comical fillers of Season 1, this triumphs it all as the best episode of the series yet. Love this episode at heart-wrenching and tugging feelings.

Going forward, the many challenges of Seth and that dream cliffhanger, slowly uncovering.
KANLen09Oct 31, 2019 5:06 AM
Oct 31, 2019 11:46 AM
Overthinker

Jun 2017
This episode delivered great versions of all our main characters. Nice to see each develop into more layered people that don’t see eye to eye on everything. Hope this trend continues as we move forward with the plot
Oct 31, 2019 6:35 PM
Mar 2015
Too bad he and Melie broke up Now he has to sleep with D
Oct 31, 2019 8:58 PM

Oct 2008
Never thought that Mélie would get this extremely emotional!
5/5.

Nov 1, 2019 7:11 AM

Jun 2016
omg seriously i love character development for melie and seth in this episode !!

Nov 1, 2019 3:20 PM
Oct 2019
Anyone who knows that doc is always the culprit? Even in this misunderstanding.
Thanks to him, seth left mellie - for a good reason though. However, atleast get the idea that adult words sometimes are no better than selfish excuses.
Nov 1, 2019 4:49 PM
Jun 2017
That 1st half of said episode makes me 😔😔😔 for both of them, as Seth and Melie have their heart to heart talk and well they both shared their points. As a viewer it really is sad to see that 2 friends are having such problem. I understand what Seth is trying to say to her and at the same time, Melie' argument is on point... ohh how i wish they will soon reconcile...

But im more interested is this new friend of Seth which is Ochoco. I would love to see how Melie will react if she saw Seth is with Ochoco.. hmmmmm...
Nov 7, 2019 1:05 AM

Mar 2009
Ocoho is so cute.

Sad times for Seth and Melie. Nice performance by Aoi Yuuki, as always.
Nov 8, 2019 3:47 PM

Feb 2015
Great and sad scene between Melie and Seth.
BTW who is Venelope? Melie talks about her.
Is she mentioned before on any episode or we don't know nothing about her?
Nov 14, 2019 2:50 AM

Nov 2019
Smudy said:

Both have reasoning from their point of view that makes it believable.

Lol her being mad at Seth would only be justified if Seth new her story beforehand and still left them but the fact is he didn't know lmao Melie is definitely overreacting, I like still like her tho, hair down Melie looks hot af but let's be honest this drama was dumb af like her hair style
Nov 25, 2019 11:18 AM

Jun 2014
Seth really hurt Melie, and I don't think she's really ready to forgive him yet, but hopefully she's come around.

Seth is getting to know Okoho better, and it looks like they'll be training together, in exchange for her helping Seth get his hands on stuff from the archives.

Sep 4, 2020 12:38 AM

Jul 2015
Emotional and bit painful talk between Seth and Melie there, good to see Melie express her feelings and reason she is so frustrated (due to what happened to her past) but I hope they can reconcile. But wasn't Doc the guy who said he didn't want to go on missions again because Melie could be harmed indirectly suggesting that Seth going berserk could do that partially the reason why Seth left on his own.

Sep 29, 2020 11:17 AM

Aug 2017
Wow, the hotel scene was serious while Melie reasons makes sense, Im sure that she's overreacting since -if i remember well- she never told Seth about her past.

I have a feeling that I was going to dislike Okoho before starting this season but I'm surprised that she turned out to be the complete opposite of my expectations.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 30, 2022 3:28 PM

Jul 2017
This ep was unexpectedly heavy, damn. Seeing Melie of all characters like that was just sad. The hidden anger in her initial tone put so much tension in the air. I wasn't ready xD

More topics from this board

Poll: » Radiant 2nd Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2020

53 by Ali_030 »»
Jul 2, 11:58 AM

» s3 updates?

Kimo45 - May 25, 2023

4 by GerenteYato »»
Nov 5, 2023 8:52 PM

» Radiant Season 3?

Slayer9568 - Mar 7, 2020

17 by DangerMouseDM »»
Nov 4, 2022 7:50 PM

Poll: » Radiant 2nd Season Episode 19 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 12, 2020

19 by Attackonfiller »»
Apr 25, 2022 5:09 PM

Poll: » Radiant 2nd Season Episode 17 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2020

20 by Attackonfiller »»
Apr 21, 2022 8:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.