Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 11, 2019 10:17 AM
Jun 2015
Not gonna lie, MadHouse has been consistently disappointing me since Sora Yori ended. That show was an absolute masterpiece and everything else since then—not so much. Boogiepop bored me to tears and I dropped it after 7 episodes. And this. Well I don’t expect much out of a game adaptation but I do expect it to at least look decent considering the studio. Not to mention that they pushed back Chihayafuru 3 to October. MadHouse! Please stop disappointing me!
Apr 11, 2019 6:29 PM
Apr 2018
I love Sugita... but not enough to get me farther than halfway through the episode.
Apr 11, 2019 8:32 PM

Jun 2013
This had its moments, but yeah pretty bad for the most part.
Apr 12, 2019 6:05 AM
Jan 2017
the anime is worthy to watching.. i mean it has good stryline, good motion grapich and some action,,
but i realize the studio that made this anime was madhouse, that why it become good anime for me ,, but i dont know why madhouse focus make anime like this than one punch man s2 that make opm taking over by J.C staff..
Apr 12, 2019 12:02 PM

Apr 2018
Besides the animation it was really not that bad how everyone says it is. I will atleast watch a few more episodes before deciding to keep or drop it

Apr 12, 2019 4:19 PM

Mar 2018
First intriguing episode, bad CGI and some action. But I don't understand the hate about this anime.
Could be better? Of course, but it was not all bad. For me a lot of the bad reviews involve the hate on the MadHouse, the animation is as bad as Overlord III and yet it was better rated.
Apr 13, 2019 6:21 AM

May 2015
It was worse than I expected. They try so hard to make it exciting but everything just falls flat. The action is plain boring, all the plot points reek of some mediocre show from 2007, not to mention oh so amazing diverse cast of characters we've all seen before. Was it made for those who never saw anime before?

And it's Madhouse? Pretty disappointed.
Apr 13, 2019 8:41 AM

Jun 2014
Madhouse at it again with ebin CGI all over the episode.
And what was that Vespa made out of? How did it get through and take all of the damage from the debris? At one point the guy even uses it as a shield while doing a wheelie.
This was really bizarre and disappointing to me, but I will just stick around. It's really funny to me when a badly written show tries to take itself seriously. I especially loved it when they were using the grainy effect for a cool, dark vibe. LMAO.

Leo_fa said:
For me a lot of the bad reviews involve the hate on the MadHouse, the animation is as bad as Overlord III and yet it was better rated.

I think it's because Overlord is an established franchise with fans of its own. Yes the animation was absolutely horrible and everyone was dissapointed, but the other things were still there that the fans loved. So that may be the reason why it was rated highly despite the blunders. While this will be received more harshly if it makes mistakes becasue I don't think the game was popular enough. Many people are going to see the story for the first time.
The-RayApr 13, 2019 8:49 AM
Apr 13, 2019 10:33 AM
Aug 2016
i don't know about anime art style like what is The CG and the 3D OR 2D Uses in anime but i can say that the 1st ep of shoumetsu Tenshi has a quite good plot but rarely used it could be like Darker Than Black (in the story's object)but we will find and see ,we can say it 's an average anime but with a quite shocking first episode
that's all
Apr 13, 2019 12:01 PM
Jul 2014
It's as if darker than black fused together with a fucking garbage ass moe weeb shit to form the most disappointing anime of 2019
Apr 13, 2019 8:51 PM
Feb 2016
I'm here only for the Seiyuus and what a waste of talent..why tho Madhouse?
Apr 14, 2019 3:13 AM
Apr 2019
Eh i dunno... its kinda interesting to me.. this is still better than fairy gone.. i'll watch more to find out..
Apr 14, 2019 2:04 PM
Oct 2016
I`m not a big fan of the episode, i will probably drop it. The characters are boring and the animation is mediocre at best.
Madhouse is my favourite studio and every show they made was amazing. It is a little sad to see the them go downhill like they have recently, hope that trend stops soon.
Apr 15, 2019 1:18 PM

Dec 2017
I guessed that voice would be of sugita san.
sugita voice and a scooter that seemed like gintoki rip off.

I have mixed feelings for this episode tho.

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

Apr 16, 2019 10:22 AM

May 2017
wait a mnt, its a game... a mobile game... madhouse?
Apr 18, 2019 3:26 AM

Apr 2011
Wow. Where can I get me a scooter like that? It was practically a tank!
Ericonator said:
By definition, everything is retro since by the time you realize something has happened it's already in the past.
Apr 22, 2019 10:30 AM

May 2018
It was a pretty weak first episode but I'm not that bothered by the CGI. I guess I'm used to watching idol shows so it's not as big of a deal to me. If anything some parts of it actually looked smoother than what I expected. In other anime where they use CGI, the movements are jaggy as fuck which probably means the rendering PC(s) used were under-powered whereas here, it's relatively smoother.

As for what happened in the episode, obviously MC-kun survived that. I could see it from a mile away that his friend girl who betrayed him wanted to spare his life with her whole "I'll do it myself" spiel. I would be very surprised if he instead survived on a fluke and not because of her intentionally sparing him by not shooting at a vital part, etc

I didn't have any expectations going into this and I just found it randomly so I guess I'll see where this story goes.
Apr 25, 2019 11:23 PM

May 2015
I mean Madhouse needed a break after the amazing season of Mob Psycho 100 II. This was probably made by the non paid apprentices.
May 4, 2019 1:01 PM

Feb 2019
I actually enjoyed it. Mysterious set-up and decent action. The ending sequence was badass and I want to see where the plot goes. It intrigued me enough to keep watching.
May 11, 2019 4:34 PM

Apr 2019
Another boring anime to dropped.

Terrible animation and wtf is going on?

Nope, not gonna watch this.
May 17, 2019 8:59 PM
Jul 2018
I didn't see anything new in this and felt like many Anime are mixed all in one, IDK it's weird.
Jun 17, 2019 3:58 PM

May 2011
Darker Than Black with JoJo Stand's Power!
Jun 18, 2019 9:11 AM

Feb 2008
It has a "Satsuriki no Tenshi" vibe for me...as in I'm going to watch this just to see what kind of a train wreck it really is. A bit tongue in cheek but then again not too far off the mark.

Show does have me wondering if I kept the CD which has the original version of the ED song, Swallowtail Butterfly (Ai no Uta).
Aug 5, 2019 1:26 PM

Jul 2015
Can't believe madhouse has done the animation of this, really feels like some shitty chinese animation

The story feels a bit lacking as if it starts in the middle of the story.

Hopefully it turns somewhat better

Jan 3, 2020 8:45 PM
Feb 2018
Very bad CGI, animation isn't very good either. Felt all over the place, magic ghosts, meh characters so far. Atleast the dub is okay? 2/5.
Apr 17, 2020 8:17 AM

Apr 2016
Opening was good. The animation seems to be decent. But man, what the heck was this first episode? We were introduced to way too much all at once.

Also it's kinda weird how Takuya is able to maneuver his scooter so skillfully lol. Like c'mon, jumping into the back of a van (is that even possible?) and avoiding several flying projectiles?

Pretty rushed, lack of exposition. Overall poor first episode.
Jan 23, 2022 10:28 AM

Jun 2016
Takuya must be a skilled driver to dodge all that debris, minus the bits that hit him. Slap some rockets onto that thing and he'll be good to go. Mind you, awkward monk man had a terrible aim. Poor show.

Our mc, Takuya here, has quite the soft spot if he took on this perilous quest that could kill him. Did Yuki's sad face affect him emotionally, lol?

Yuki is kawaii, and she can call forth her own bodyguard, Akira, which is neat, I guess. High chance that her father and brother are alive. Her brother being a villain, of course.

We're heading to Lost, but honestly, I feel I might be gonna that way too, hehe.

Apr 4, 9:46 PM
Tsumi To Kisei

Nov 2021
WOW, this series starts off really well, I'm really enjoying it a lot, and it also has a wonderful ending
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shoumetsu Toshi Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - May 5, 2019

18 by Mich666 »»
Aug 19, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Shoumetsu Toshi Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2019

21 by Saku33 »»
Apr 6, 7:47 AM

Poll: » Shoumetsu Toshi Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 26, 2019

21 by Saku33 »»
Apr 6, 6:34 AM

Poll: » Shoumetsu Toshi Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 12, 2019

15 by Saku33 »»
Apr 6, 5:10 AM

Poll: » Shoumetsu Toshi Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 21, 2019

47 by PKAmmoTroop »»
Aug 1, 2022 5:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.