Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 9, 2018 4:59 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Damn, I think Andrew has lost his freaking mind. Either way, he came back more bloodthirsty than ever and even threatens one of the kids.

I'm hoping the end of that cliffhanger is a result of Andrew getting shot.
Nov 9, 2018 9:34 AM

Apr 2016
Surely it's time we get to see these allies...

"Le vent se lève!... Il faut tenter de vivre!"
- Paul Valéry, Le Cimetière Marin -

Nov 10, 2018 9:06 AM

Feb 2018
I hope Emma just shoots him.
It was pretty dumb that they all threw away their wapeons even tho he said that he wants to slaughter them all.
Nov 10, 2018 9:39 AM
Mar 2015
Someone is just begging to be killed
Nov 10, 2018 11:55 AM
Jul 2018
That brutal drama and also the villain looked so creepy and very self-aware - "You can't shoot a human being". nice cliffhanger ended with bang, makes me think who fired their rifle..
Nov 10, 2018 1:56 PM

Dec 2013
Hopefully Emma finished off two face.
Nov 10, 2018 11:18 PM
Nov 2018
Im starting to think the art is getting lazier and lazier; when compared with the first few chapters where the art was beautiful, clean and expressive this current art direction looks like chicken scratch. You can still make out faces and expressions of course but it looks less like love was put in it and more like a pay check needed clearing.

Other than that I like that theyre going to resolve this mini arc to move on to more important things. Sad to see Yuugo and Lucas go but -shrug-
Nov 11, 2018 12:20 AM

Mar 2015
it was bizarre chapter...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Nov 11, 2018 12:27 AM

Oct 2014
iamsam11 said:
Im starting to think the art is getting lazier and lazier; when compared with the first few chapters where the art was beautiful, clean and expressive this current art direction looks like chicken scratch. You can still make out faces and expressions of course but it looks less like love was put in it and more like a pay check needed clearing.

Other than that I like that theyre going to resolve this mini arc to move on to more important things. Sad to see Yuugo and Lucas go but -shrug-

exactly. I've said this in previous chapter discussions too. It IS getting lazier. What happened to Emma's face?
And I though this was supposed to end at chapter 110 but I guess I was wrong.
Nov 11, 2018 3:32 PM
Jan 2017
Is just me or the Emma reactions is getting worse

Anyway it was a good chapter
Nov 11, 2018 6:28 PM

Feb 2016
Pretty tense episode, I don't know how that guy is still alive, but he's begging for a shot on his nut. I wonder where Musika is.

iamsam11 said:

My Thoughts exactly, the first arc was amazing and beautifully done, I don't know what's going on with that atm, I still like it, but I can't deny that the quality has torn down.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Nov 11, 2018 7:00 PM
Nov 2018
Guys for real, i think we're headed for a rushed, loose ending. The manga is starting to rank towards the back of the Weekly Jump magazine. You know what this means right? Less and less attention is being paid and i feel much of it was the fault of the slightly tangential goldy pond arc.
Nov 12, 2018 5:32 AM

Oct 2014
iamsam11 said:
Guys for real, i think we're headed for a rushed, loose ending. The manga is starting to rank towards the back of the Weekly Jump magazine. You know what this means right? Less and less attention is being paid and i feel much of it was the fault of the slightly tangential goldy pond arc.

goldy pond arc wasn't that bad however after we learned about the identity of minerva the manga started to lose its magic.
Nov 12, 2018 5:54 AM

Jun 2014
Cnon said:
iamsam11 said:

goldy pond arc wasn't that bad however after we learned about the identity of minerva the manga started to lose its magic.

Both of you are crazy, this manga is straight flames.
(x෴x)
Nov 12, 2018 12:44 PM

Oct 2017
Damn. Andrew has gone crazy!

Maybe this is where emma gets her first human kill.
Nov 12, 2018 4:13 PM
Nov 2018
ezutes said:
Cnon said:

Have you looked at the art quality these days???
Nov 12, 2018 6:07 PM

Jun 2014
iamsam11 said:
ezutes said:

Yes I have. The art has been fine,not great, just fine lately. It's not like you need fantastic art quality for the story that we've gotten more recently. Just a bunch of guns and tunnels. And I would say that the art in this chapter was actually very good. Are you reading the official release? A lot of scanlation sites have chapters that go out early, but don't look as good as the official release.

And to your point about this being further back in the magazine, it's been right up there with the leaders in color pages and being early in the magazine. A couple chapters in the middle of the magazine mean nothing at all.
(x෴x)
Nov 13, 2018 8:02 PM
Nov 2018
ezutes said:
iamsam11 said:

Yes I have. The art has been fine,not great, just fine lately. It's not like you need fantastic art quality for the story that we've gotten more recently. Just a bunch of guns and tunnels. And I would say that the art in this chapter was actually very good. Are you reading the official release? A lot of scanlation sites have chapters that go out early, but don't look as good as the official release.

And to your point about this being further back in the magazine, it's been right up there with the leaders in color pages and being early in the magazine. A couple chapters in the middle of the magazine mean nothing at all.

Maybe its the fact that im reading scanlated releases, but even in terms of character detailing and backgrounds, the detail and effort put into em is just not as good as the first few arcs. I mean even if you go back and look at the first chapter and compare it to this chapter theres an unbelievable difference in art quality.
Nov 14, 2018 12:03 AM

Aug 2017
Drsnailtrail said:
ezutes said:

Maybe its the fact that im reading scanlated releases, but even in terms of character detailing and backgrounds, the detail and effort put into em is just not as good as the first few arcs. I mean even if you go back and look at the first chapter and compare it to this chapter theres an unbelievable difference in art quality.

I see no actual difference. Everything is the same as its always been.
I used to be a watchmaker.
Nov 14, 2018 4:25 AM
Dec 2014

Dude, you're comparing two very different forms backgrounds. You do realise it's a LOT harder to draw nature and plants in a jungle than to draw furniture inside of a house, right?

And character details haven't been worse. In fact, they're more detailed now, because the characters look all dirty and roughed up, as they would be living in a jungle. They don't have mamma around to clean their faces you know. We don't want all the characters to look smoothly clean and cute when the latest chapters are very focused on horror and tension.
“There are only three ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The second is as though everything is a miracle. The third is as though everything is a choice by Steins;Gate.”
Nov 14, 2018 10:41 PM

Nov 2011
Honestly, the fact that Andrew is still alive after the explosion feels cheap. At the very least, show that Yuugo and Lucas also survived the blast but were killed off by the remaining villain who happened to fare a little better/react quicker. I don't need this deranged monologue.
These faces are so cute that I might just leave them here (#`Д´)´∀`)・ω・) ゚Д゚)゚∀゚)・∀・) ̄ー ̄)´_ゝ`)
Nov 16, 2018 2:17 AM

Nov 2013
wow, 4 kills, 2 wounded, 1 hostage.
Emma will never be the same if she kills though...Ray should do it instead
Nov 17, 2018 10:52 AM
Oct 2018
A bomb couldn't kill him. His vital organs must have busted inside. Perhaps hes been modified? then in that case how will shooting make a difference? (unless its in a specific spot ..a weak spot probably ........or am i missing something here?
Nov 17, 2018 12:04 PM
Aug 2011
Slimcoder said:
Drsnailtrail said:

I see no actual difference. Everything is the same as its always been.

I don't know if you guys have read this over a long tme but i've binged it in a few days and I also noticed the art quality drop. I thought it was the effect of Emma and co. growing up since they do look older but there's something more "scratchy" (and I would even say almost sloppy looking) about the character art in particular with these latest releases.

Oh well as for the chapter I hope Andrew dies asap.
standNov 17, 2018 12:08 PM
Jan 24, 2019 11:06 AM

May 2016
Andrew looks like the guy from Batman now, I need Emma to shot him.
May 8, 2019 8:40 PM

May 2016
That explosion turned Andrew into Two-Face and it seems that half his brain was lost to the explosion as well. Out of every threat they've faced, it's a shock that the most dangerous enemy of the children turned out to be a human who killed 8 of them in the group so far. Emma's tempted to sacrifice Alicia but is it really the only option they have left?

Mar 8, 2021 12:45 PM

Jan 2019
Aw, poor kids. They were stupid as to run away but instead, poor ones.

I hope the kids shot Andrew, it'd be stupid not to do so.
Aug 27, 2023 8:45 PM
Jul 2017
andrew is insane, i love it
Sep 26, 2023 8:24 AM

Jul 2013
Kaiu Shirai must be a Batman or Breaking Bad fan
Jul 9, 8:42 PM

Jun 2015
That was such a misplaced monologue... I don't even know what to say. These words and feelings should've been conveyed through the thoughts and actions of the children and maybe an insert narrator. This is the problem with a lot of manga. They refuse to use a narrator when a fuck ton of stupid and incoherent scenes could be cleaned up and polished beautifully with the use of a good narrator. Stupid ass chapter.

I also don't see the problem with killing people that these children supposedly have. I guess the author has never met any real kids and has forgotten everything from his childhood cause children are vicious and selfish creatures. They DO NOT HAVE MORALS!!!! Morals and ethics have to be taught and cultivated over a long period of time. These kids should have absolutely no problem butchering their human enemies. This is a non-existent problem.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Chapter 46 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2017

27 by ShrumGuy »»
Aug 16, 11:32 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Chapter 152 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2019

23 by SCYTHER07 »»
Aug 15, 9:27 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Chapter 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2016

44 by Dii8 »»
Jul 11, 6:12 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Chapter 181 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ya_hallo - Jun 12, 2020

173 by SimplyHanako »»
Jul 10, 11:24 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Chapter 112 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2018

13 by phantom346 »»
Jul 9, 8:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.