Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 8, 2018 3:04 PM

Dec 2016
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The filter is kind of annoying but other than that it was an engaging first episode with a good mix of action and plot. Im pretty excited to see more of it
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Aug 11, 2018 12:22 PM

Dec 2015
Good episode. NAZ might be actually make something out of this anime after all. However, I still have 2 issues with this episode. First, the stupid filter they use. I understand it's to make the anime look more gritty, but it is far too distracting and in-your-face. Second, the sound effects, more specifically during sword fighting when either an enemy is cut or two swords clash. It is absolutely terrible and lacks any sort of tension, it's like someone stabbing the ground over and over.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Sep 2, 2018 12:28 AM

Jul 2016
Nice first episode, I actually liked it. The main plot and protagonists were presented so now I'm looking forward to how it will develop in the next episodes. It also seems that the violence and brutality, related to this kind of shows, won't be minimized, which I'm glad.

On the other hand, the use of a filter was kind of odd... I'm still not sure why the studio decided to use it. However, aside from what others say, I didn't find it annoying or anything. You just need to get used to it, I think.

Overall, I liked it and I'm expecting some good things from this anime regarding combats, war strategies... and maybe some epic moments? I hope so.

P.S.: And I think I've just found who will become my favorite character. Although I don't think he'll make it to the end of the show, sadly.

SouthRzVaSep 2, 2018 10:57 AM
Sep 11, 2018 8:25 AM

Dec 2014
A war anime… the first episode seemed ok.. let’s see how it all goes…. To many will die not knowing who will survive…hmmm
Sep 21, 2018 4:36 PM
Jan 2017
it was good atmosphere.
Nov 1, 2018 7:48 AM

Nov 2014
This series one of few series that i planned to watch in this summer, and i felt satisfied to add this to my list, the OP is absolute one of my fav's this season beside grand blue OP, and it has a great ED too

Since War and Historical genre are one of my "things,", beside that the "Mongol Invasion of Japan" also a great theme for this historical series and somehow it also remind me of kingdom too. I really enjoyed this 1st episode, especially the sword battle.

and also i can see the pattern of a group of outcast with few remaining people(warrior) from the clan which turn out to be the protector and warrior (well, that's what i thought after seeing the ED scene), and of course i love that pattern/plot as well.

well, let's see how this series developed toward the end ( i believe it'll be marvelous)
r16fourarmNov 1, 2018 10:15 AM
Jan 16, 2019 6:48 PM

Jun 2011
First Japanese anime I am watching after long months of watching Qin's Moon, and I really feel that Japanese anime is going downhill. The first episode felt so preachy about the cruelty of war and whatnot, princess pretending to be tough and then showed weakness and then putting up a brave front.. main character is such a tough guy.. it all feels so fake, like they do not have a personality beyond their stereotypes. Actions are not understandable.

So far so meh. Even the art and animation look so cheap, I rather have great art and animation in 3D instead tbh.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Mar 28, 2019 11:37 PM

Oct 2013
I wish I could back flip like that...
Jun 3, 2019 9:25 AM

Oct 2010
Nice 1st episode, a lot has happened, I thought it was something wrong with my screen when I saw it but that's the art style I guess. Hope will get a lot of sword fights and witty strategies.
Mar 31, 2020 2:40 PM
Jul 2018
It looks like it would be nice.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Angolmois: Genkou Kassenki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2018

79 by chriskris91 »»
Jun 12, 6:09 AM

» 4 episodes in, should I continue?

rustvolt - Nov 4, 2021

6 by THEMEDIC911 »»
Nov 5, 2021 8:58 PM

Poll: » Angolmois: Genkou Kassenki Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2018

26 by removed-user »»
Mar 31, 2020 3:15 PM

Poll: » Angolmois: Genkou Kassenki Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2018

21 by removed-user »»
Mar 31, 2020 3:10 PM

Poll: » Angolmois: Genkou Kassenki Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2018

22 by removed-user »»
Mar 31, 2020 3:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.