Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 17, 2018 9:07 AM
Mar 2016
Its been a while since I watched the original adaptation. How does the speed of this adaptation compare to the old one?
Apr 17, 2018 9:19 AM

Jul 2015
vinnipuh said:
Its been a while since I watched the original adaptation. How does the speed of this adaptation compare to the old one?

Exactly the same speed but some episodes/events are rearranged, for the better IMO.
Apr 17, 2018 9:40 AM

Sep 2011
It really sounds like they are adapting things almost identically in pace, I think people's worries that it was going to bumrush the entire run in only 12 episodes and a movie trilogy are at ease and they will likely only adapt to around when the first season ended or slightly past that

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 17, 2018 12:07 PM

Dec 2015
Old OVA were 110 episodes for 10 volumes (94 chapters according to MAL).
I think somewhere I read they were going to adapt the first 2 volumes with this series + 3 movies.

So this series I guess the 1st volume only. Which is about 10 chapters + prologue. About 280 pages.
I have watched episodes 1 to 3.

And I ordered the vol 1 of the novel and read the prologue and chapter 1. (Need to read more to read the stuff that gets adapted with the next episode in advance.)

Seems this pacing is just enough for the volume 1.

Episode 1 was a bit of chapter 1 and mostly chapter 2 I guess.
Episode 2 as well + a bit from chapter 3 I think.

Episode 3 covered the prologue and Reinhard's background from chapter 1.
(Both - Reinhard and Yang - had a short amount of text introducing them in their fleet and afterwards directly their background/past explained. First Reinhard. Then Yang. The real battle was mainly in chapter 2.)

I think prologue, chapter 2 and chapter 3 are animated now.
So I guess Yang's background/past (chapter 1) in episode 4 + chapter 4 of the novel.
(Old OVA mentioned Yang's past only in the Gaiden/side stories much later - if you go by release order.)

But I need to read further. I just skimmed through the pages. I think a bit of Phezzan was mentioned as well in chapter 3 at the beginning. They might need a bit more than 1 episode for some of the chapters since the prologue was short and there are 10 chapters but 12 episodes. (Or they'll take some chapters of the volume 2 of the novel as well in the series.)
Apr 24, 2018 3:59 PM

Oct 2008
I watched the original 110 episode OVA and have read the first novel recently (I'm reading volume 2 now).

It seems to me that this remake is being faithful to the novel. The original OVA had a lot of extra side stories added that weren't in the novel, such as the emperor's previous mistress trying to kill Annerose for example, and the additional stories were good and added in a positive way to the series in my opinion. This remake is going to stick to the novels and summarize the important parts.

The OVA covered novels 1 & 2 with around 26~ episodes, which included episodes for plot expansion. I wouldn't be surprised if they could fit the first 2 novels into 12 episodes, but I don't think that will happen.

I'm greatly enjoying the remake so far. For me, I love the OVA for the story/depth and love the remake for the great animation. So far I still greatly prefer the OVA though.
Apr 28, 2018 4:02 AM

Apr 2015
raynaninja said:
I watched the original 110 episode OVA and have read the first novel recently (I'm reading volume 2 now).

It seems to me that this remake is being faithful to the novel. The original OVA had a lot of extra side stories added that weren't in the novel, such as the emperor's previous mistress trying to kill Annerose for example, and the additional stories were good and added in a positive way to the series in my opinion. This remake is going to stick to the novels and summarize the important parts.

The OVA covered novels 1 & 2 with around 26~ episodes, which included episodes for plot expansion. I wouldn't be surprised if they could fit the first 2 novels into 12 episodes, but I don't think that will happen.

I'm greatly enjoying the remake so far. For me, I love the OVA for the story/depth and love the remake for the great animation. So far I still greatly prefer the OVA though.

IIRC, the mistress trying to kill Annerose and Klopstock incident are from a gaiden novel. Same with My Conquest is the Sea of Stars

Hopefully they'll also get translated when the main series is finished
Apr 28, 2018 4:19 AM

Sep 2016
scenes are getting rearranged and I think it has far better presentation than the OVA
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Apr 28, 2018 12:21 PM

Mar 2016
slower than the ova actually
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Kaikou Episode 10 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

13 by ItachiDeltaForce »»
Jul 11, 2:00 PM

» Should I watch the old/original series?

monad04 - May 12, 2018

23 by Brightless »»
Dec 16, 2023 11:15 AM

» Legend of the Galactic Heroes Die Neue These is the 3rd best profit maker for IG Port for 2023

deg - Jul 15, 2023

15 by TRC_Randy »»
Nov 30, 2023 7:01 AM

Poll: » Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Kaikou Episode 11 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

14 by Robbini »»
Oct 1, 2023 4:00 AM

Poll: » Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Kaikou Episode 12 Discussion

Mayuka - Aug 8, 2018

33 by Sun_Chan »»
Jun 30, 2023 11:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.