Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 26, 2018 4:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I almost thought this would be a straight beach episode but the scenes on the beach were only a few moments long.

Felt more like a buildup episode after some of the strange events. Also at this point, there's definitely evidence in skill gap between some of the characters. Eren is stronger than she appears, possibly even better than Hiyori.

Jan 26, 2018 5:25 AM

Apr 2010
So now the girls are being hunted by the army.
Their plan is clear but how long will they be able to run seeing they number of people pursuing them is increasing.
And they where also easily found be Eren and Kaoru.
Guess they need to find help fast if they want to succeed.
Jan 26, 2018 7:35 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
What a waste of tax money. xD

The battle against Eren and Kaoru were good, but how I wish that CGI doesn't get randomly mixed with the battle scenes. Would have been better without the CGI. :/ Kaoru is just amazing wielding her weapon that's taller than her.

Hiyori's intentions have been fully revealed as to why she vows to take down Yukari. With Maki and Suzuka in pursuit, I hope the mountain hunt in the next episode would be awesome.

Yume-chan with only one dialogue in this episode, awwww.... ><
Jan 26, 2018 7:54 AM

Jan 2012
So is Yukari really just possessed then? I wish the show would stop giving conflicting signals on that. I know Hiyori said someone possessed by an aratama can never be saved but this series is apparently 24 episodes so I'm expecting a twist regarding that at some point. Speaking of the 24 episode length, I wonder how the budget will hold up. The integration of quick, seemingly random scenes of cgi versions of the characters were really awkward in this one. When Kanami and Hiyori got out of the truck and bowed for instance. They really needed to use cg models for that 2 seconds? They're that strapped for cash? Anyway the fight was impossible to take seriously. As I said last week it's so obvious Ellen and Kaoru are gonna be allies it just needs to happen already. Plus all I can think about whenever Ellen's on screen are her massive tits.
Jan 26, 2018 8:13 AM

Sep 2015
I can see Osafune(orange uniform) is another faction, since they can use S-weapon without the permission of Origami(or the government).
valvravetruthJan 26, 2018 9:34 AM
Jan 26, 2018 9:14 AM

Jun 2015
The fights could have been better if there wasn't no CG. It just makes it look hard to watch. Everyone is going all out to go after Kanami and Hiyori. Even the army is going after them.
Jan 26, 2018 9:38 AM

Sep 2015
BlackstarFallen said:
Even the army is going after them.

Most likely because their assumption is Kanami & Hiyori contacted another opposition faction, since S-weapon coming out from another place not under the government. So army was used to crack down the opposition together.
Jan 26, 2018 1:28 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
So they decided to let Sayaka go after defeating her huh. Wise move. Hmm apparently express delivery in this world is that it gets airdropped. So Hiyori had killed before in her duties huh. But that is some determination that she had there though. Kaoru's blade sure is large though. The fight between Ellen/Kaoru and Kanami/ Hiyori though was interesting. To Yume static guard duty must be pretty boring to her. So Kanami has at last resolved to help Hiyori fully then. Hmm so the truth of the goal finally comes out. Now then the Elite guard are here this should get interesting.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 26, 2018 2:25 PM

Jan 2015
Ok guys Sayaka is really cute,im swayed. And i cant seem to get it off my mind just how similar it feels to kill la kill, everyone respects Yukari and she boss everyone around, and all the "guards" those 4 girls that you need to go through to get to Yukari.
Kaoru is pretty cute as well, i like her lazy nature and how she moves that huge sword and her pet is really adorable too. And her teamwork with Eren <3 so Kaoru hits really hard but Eren is just really quick and while she distracts her opponent and keeps her busy, Kaoru prepares her massive attack, cool i like it.

Just didnt like a bit how bitchy Hiori was,Kanami did all that for her, risks her life, went against everyone just for Hiori and Hiori shrugged off Kanami just like that? just because she is not a killer and they are different? come on :( I still like Hiori but i hope she would hold to her only friend better.

Cant wait till Sayaka and Kaoru joins them, would be a cute party <3 with lots of warm and friendship moments, my heart is ready <3
Jan 26, 2018 3:01 PM

Sep 2013
Eren and Kaoru are no pushovers with their teamwork though Kanami was troubled a bit so she wasn't at her best.
Hiyori gets a bit edgy but Kanami will carry her weight after hearing her story :'(
Kanami not ready to kill but she finds her resolve to protect.
Jan 26, 2018 4:11 PM

Jun 2013
Well here I am, eating my words. Last episode I was touched when Hiyori and Kanami bonded over their missing moms, but now their heart-to-heart in this episode got me totally hooked.

(I'm sure I sound thirsty as heck. Don't do yuri, kids. Not even once.)

Also, I think Kanami is all talk. When it'll be just her, her sword, and Yukari Origami, Kanami will definitely hesitate. She was acting all tough because she got caught up in Hiyori's pace and she wanted to reassure her edgy friend (and maybe impress her lol).

The show as a whole is still kind of a mess, but I can enjoy it in a semi-ironic way. Plus the main six isn't even half bad. I can't even call this main group good, but at least there's some back and forth, and there are some actual jokes here and there. I especially like the drones that look like SR-71's.
LeeTailorJan 26, 2018 4:20 PM
Jan 26, 2018 6:37 PM

Oct 2010
Shingster said:
Hmm apparently express delivery in this world is that it gets airdropped.

My first guess is that someone saw Age of Ultron and geeked out over the way Tony got the Hulkbuster armor. Or is this a thing from classic anime I haven't got to yet?

LeeTailor said:
(I'm sure I sound thirsty as heck. Don't do yuri, kids. Not even once.)

Citrus is my first yuri

Suddenly I'm listening to a lot of t.A.T.u.

Jan 26, 2018 8:08 PM

May 2017
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I almost thought this would be a straight beach episode but the scenes on the beach were only a few moments long.

Felt more like a buildup episode after some of the strange events. Also at this point, there's definitely evidence in skill gap between some of the characters. Eren is stronger than she appears, possibly even better than Hiyori.

Nah the two has just great teamwork and the gadgets

Kanami is OP af without even having killing intent but Hiyori is one dimensional and lacking in skills just like Kanami's friend stated. Girl with giant sword is also one dimensional
Jan 27, 2018 2:35 AM

Dec 2016
Eren & Karou are really good when they fight together, both had multiple skill sets that put both their opponents under pressure at times.

I too would have run if my opponents had S Armor, looks like we will being seeing more of those 2 soon.

I had a feeling Hiyori would come back, she also makes a great team with Kanami when they fight together.

Now we know a bit more about her & her mother plus her reasons for what her personal mission is.
Jan 27, 2018 4:30 AM
Oct 2010
Don't know what it is but Sayaka has a certain charm that makes her really adorable.
Jan 27, 2018 10:45 AM

Feb 2017
When Hiyori says they're going to "Ebisu" I assumed she meant the district in Shibuya, famous for outdoor markets and festivals.

However, when I looked up the coordinates she texted to the mystery man, they belonged to an isolated point at the end of the Izu Peninsula.

So I guess that by Ebisu, she meant "to meet the sea god", whose name was Ebisu in Japanese mythology.
"I am not a Mochi Monster" - Nyanko Sensei
Jan 27, 2018 5:03 PM

Jun 2017
Whooo, Kaoru! I like her character design and the fact they gave the smallest character the biggest sword.

That aside, I think this show is going well. I hear other people complaining that this anime feels just too open-ended, but I don't think enough credit is given where it's due to the pacing. Each episode really takes it's time to develop another foundation, and I don't think the story so far could be properly developed in a span of 1 or 2 episodes.

Every time something is brought up and not expanded upon until later I've found that when it is revealed it's done well, which is why to me it's forgivable whenever this anime throws out something without full clarity on the matter. I mean as generic sounding as high school girls with katanas are I feel like the manner that this anime progresses on manages to take something cliché and makes it interesting and serious. I think if everything was immediately given out everyone would roll their eyes and drop it for having a generic concept with nothing creative to show for it which to me seems like stellar execution if you think about how it avoids that.

As for the CGI, I honestly don't feel like it's that bad. I agree I'd like it completely animated in 2D drawing, however due to a few series from last year being completely animated in CGI I'm finding it not as sacrilegious as other people might want to make it out to be, and also the 3D models are pretty good in resembling their 2D counter-parts. It kind of bothers me when people immediately want to excuse the 3D as running short on funds as if it's a foreboding omen that the rest of the anime is going to fall apart. I can totally respect an art director's choice in using CGI especially if it's for minor scenes like our main heroines getting dropped off by the truck. Sometimes that can be interpreted as managing animation to better enhance the more crucial scenes without putting too much hassle on the minor scenes. There can be other good reasons as well, but assuming it due to financial issues seems like blind, assumptive, pessimism with no basis.

My enjoyment in this anime is still the same as before, and I'm looking forward to the next episode as well. Hopefully we'll see more of Kaoru.
StopShotJan 27, 2018 8:12 PM
Jan 28, 2018 3:39 AM

Oct 2013
It is just me or they use off-camera way too much ? In this ep I find it quite annoying.
Jan 28, 2018 4:18 PM
Jan 2018
Hirugiku said:
Ok guys Sayaka is really cute,im swayed. And i cant seem to get it off my mind just how similar it feels to kill la kill, everyone respects Yukari and she boss everyone around, and all the "guards" those 4 girls that you need to go through to get to Yukari.
Kaoru is pretty cute as well, i like her lazy nature and how she moves that huge sword and her pet is really adorable too. And her teamwork with Eren <3 so Kaoru hits really hard but Eren is just really quick and while she distracts her opponent and keeps her busy, Kaoru prepares her massive attack, cool i like it.

Just didnt like a bit how bitchy Hiori was,Kanami did all that for her, risks her life, went against everyone just for Hiori and Hiori shrugged off Kanami just like that? just because she is not a killer and they are different? come on :( I still like Hiori but i hope she would hold to her only friend better.

Cant wait till Sayaka and Kaoru joins them, would be a cute party <3 with lots of warm and friendship moments, my heart is ready <3
i thought i was the only one who got kill la kill vibes it has the revenge seeker the stone face big bad the retard bubbly girl whos to op for her personality just like nui god i hate nui and the nui clone in this series
Jan 28, 2018 7:53 PM

Jan 2014
Why are there zero males, though? Who is her father? That is the real question lol..

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Jan 29, 2018 9:10 PM

Oct 2008
S equipment is cool!
and the teamwork between Eren & Kaoru is great!
4/5.

Jan 30, 2018 1:07 AM

Jan 2016
damn, this show is underrated. I (maybe everyone) was expecting a generic school battleshow. This fucking turned into a thriller lol. Having the leader as the enemy makes me diamond. Let's hope it won't turn to trash when the rebellion is part of the story.
Jan 30, 2018 1:52 AM

Nov 2015
Ep 5 preview:

It begins to turn serious.
Jan 31, 2018 12:52 PM

Dec 2009
Kanami's motive is as noble and true as i thought it'd be. "I'll help you kill the aradama, but i won't let you kill anyone else."

This anime is absurdly underrated.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Jan 31, 2018 9:13 PM
Nov 2017
Well. I am not understand too, why'd people dislake this anime.
Feb 1, 2018 4:52 AM
Oct 2010
GenesisAria said:
Kanami's motive is as noble and true as i thought it'd be. "I'll help you kill the aradama, but i won't let you kill anyone else."

This anime is absurdly underrated.

Reikaze said:
Well. I am not understand too, why'd people dislake this anime.

TBH most people just rate anime the moment it was announced. This lead to many, otherwise good series, to lose audience on day one. Likewise, many mediocre shows get over-hyped.

Had to remember that 90% of the population tend to just rate based on the "most popular" rating/opinion they see first. Also, as a rule of thumb, most people follow the 3 episode drop rule. Which means a portion of that population will a series poorly without even watching a single episode in the first place.

Rating system (at least on MAL) is a joke. Let just leave it at that. There are already many forum posts on this topic.

TBH I was hesitant about watching this series at first. Partly due to the low rating of 5 but the episode number of 24 sparked my curiosity. For we know that 24 episode is a large budget for an original series. Which means, they must want it to be at least good. And for an un-aired original series to be rated 5-6, the rating is practically unknown/10.
Feb 27, 2018 10:22 AM

Jul 2009
Eren and Kaoru are so cool!
So the true about the Yukari is revealed, I think this anime is revealing the main plot too soon haha
Apr 24, 2018 10:40 PM

Jul 2016
That was a nice shot of Kanami.

Nov 15, 2018 12:49 AM

Dec 2012
lol They dropped her off on the side of the road.
Beach episode!
Ellen in that outfit.
Mai.
Ellen found Kanami. Also, why does that theme sound like its from Bruce Falconer's DBZ Janemba movie.
Dat S Equipment.
Dat Kanami twerk.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jul 22, 2021 1:24 PM

Feb 2020
Nice 2 vs. 2 fight.

Kaoru's pet is so adorable. Just look at that cute little face, haha. xD

SerafosMar 13, 3:07 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toji no Miko Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2018

43 by nhkam »»
Jul 13, 9:33 AM

Poll: » Toji no Miko Episode 17 Discussion

Stark700 - May 4, 2018

25 by Foreall908 »»
Dec 8, 2023 12:32 PM

Poll: » Toji no Miko Episode 18 Discussion

Stark700 - May 11, 2018

27 by Destroyer31 »»
Mar 28, 2023 12:16 AM

Poll: » Toji no Miko Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

17 by IAMQT »»
Oct 21, 2022 12:06 PM

Poll: » Toji no Miko Episode 21 Discussion

Rob - Dec 29, 2018

2 by I-yas-yes »»
Jul 29, 2022 11:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.