Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 18, 2008 7:05 PM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It was a good episode, nothing particularly special, but entertaining. I liked the ending, which was very intense. Everything seems to be really building up in the story, can't wait for the next episode!
Mar 18, 2008 10:59 PM

Sep 2007
It's getting better with every episode. I just hope that all the questions that have been presented will be answered by the end of the series.

The scene with Tarou and Makoto's mother at the end was one of the most disturbing so far. I hope the next episode gets subbed quickly.
Mar 19, 2008 5:13 AM

Jan 2008
So many questions... Love it :D and again something about Snark. I hope Masayuki will be OK ^^
Mar 21, 2008 5:47 PM
Dec 2007
TERRIFIC episode, probably the best so far. It was very intense and really deep psychologically speaking.

naikou, you're right, I didn't expect an ending like this one for the scene with Makoto's mother and Tarou, it was as creepy as it was mysterious... Don't know who will kill her but she definitely didn't seem sane.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Mar 21, 2008 8:02 PM

Jan 2008
Jacut said:
Don't know who will kill her but she definitely didn't seem sane.

I took it that she will die due to her terrible health (notice that she was practically gray she was so pale), but maybe she will be killed. As for the episode and the series as a whole, WTF is happening. I just know that I will have to rewatch this series immediately after it finishes because there is just so much going on and so many questions to be answered. Tarou is awesome for noticing that man was the Snark, I'm very curious about his story. I'm liking that they are adding science (of course it won't be very realistic, but it is an anime afterall) to the already established psychology and folklore themes. Oh and too much screentime for the balding woman (I hate her) not enough Miyako.
Mar 22, 2008 12:15 AM

Jun 2007
It broke my heart seeing Makoto cry ;__; poor thing... and why was he all scratched up? That seemed kinda weird.
Makoto's mom was sooo creepy in that last scene shes in, im thinking shes gonna kill herself but if shes not and she just knows somehow that she is going to die then thats even creepier.
Im so confused about everything! I wanna know wth is going on o_O
I had to think about half an hour cause i couldent remember who Snark was Lol.
also OMG the fugly scientist woman is sooo ugh! And Masayuki's Dad is such a Pet!!!

Not enough Miyako screen time T_T *sob sob sob*

Mar 27, 2008 7:44 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Version Upgrade! Good episode, I really liked the explanation of the Hopeful Monster, and we got to see PJ-Miyako. :D

Did Makoto's mother have a second personality showing up for a second there?

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Mar 27, 2008 9:12 AM

Feb 2008
Pretty good episode.
The last part with Taro and Makoto's mother was very disturbing. She seems to have double personality.
Also, we found out that Masayuki's dad has a foot fetish =P
Mar 28, 2008 2:06 AM

Jul 2007
Masayuki's father with that woman was definitelly the creepiest moment so far. Even more than the headless saggy ghosts.
Mar 28, 2008 10:19 AM

Sep 2007
What the fuck is all I have to say xD

Apr 1, 2008 11:00 PM

Feb 2007
I loved this episode. Great intensity as usual, and things are starting to make some sense for me. I think I might know who the villain is. (or perhaps, the two villains. I think there's two)

It was great to see Michio in the Unseen World. Plus the fact that Snark's identity was revealed.
Apr 2, 2008 11:10 PM

Oct 2007
Kayro said:
Pretty good episode.
The last part with Taro and Makoto's mother was very disturbing. She seems to have double personality.
Also, we found out that Masayuki's dad has a foot fetish =P
Interesting that in the Shinsen sub version, she says that she doesn't get up in the mornings as a geberal thing, compared to the other that said that she wouldn't be waking up in the morning as in death. I guess we'll find out soon. Anywho, he has more of a shoe fetish that a pure foot fetish, lol! Funny how no one else mentioned that!
Apr 15, 2008 6:07 AM

Jul 2007
Nice episode, we received a bit more insight of whats going on in that scientific facility and to me it seemed like Makoto's mom was sensing some sort of spiritual energy or something when she freaked out, as if she was suddenly frightened by something.

Haha and I like how Masayuki relates everything to video games, i loled when he called that kid a noob, but I wonder how that Michio kid was able to project himself out of nowhere, I thought he was just playing along with the whole believe in ghosts and stuff just to fit in lol XD
Apr 22, 2008 7:06 PM

Oct 2007
Great episode, still so many unanswered questions as usual. How the heck was what that guy was typing coming up on masayuki's eyeballs?? When will we get more miyako action??? xD
May 8, 2008 8:13 PM

Jun 2007
Jacut said:
TERRIFIC episode, probably the best so far. It was very intense and really deep psychologically speaking.

naikou, you're right, I didn't expect an ending like this one for the scene with Makoto's mother and Tarou, it was as creepy as it was mysterious... Don't know who will kill her but she definitely didn't seem sane.

I agree, it was probably one of my favorite episodes yet. There were a lot of intense moments, which made me happy. :] With the freaked-out eyes, I was almost thinking that the mother was gonna go all Higurashi on us, hahah.
Jun 8, 2008 11:44 PM
Oct 2007
that stuff about hawking etc is bullcrap btw

Quantum theory etc do not require an observer, especially not a conscience one
Jun 9, 2008 1:00 AM

Jul 2007
mickal555 said:
that stuff about hawking etc is bullcrap btw

Quantum theory etc do not require an observer, especially not a conscience one
You should have told Schrödinger that earlier, it would have saved him a lot of cats...
Nov 5, 2008 8:18 PM

Oct 2008
So Michio is now a member-ghost lol...
hmz makoto which was always so tough is now crying...i guess all humans have an emotional limit...for makoto it must have been hard all the time.. and then seeing his mother after years again (kay she's creepy and stuff lol)... i think it was about time he's freaking out...
masayuki's dad is sooo poor ~~" little slave foot fetish gnaah (his look as she moved her legs away from him ;__; xp) kay his wife playing tetris all day...and seem to have no emotions (except the one day they seemed to have a dispute) (at first i thought it's masayuki's sister..lol)
Apr 23, 2009 5:01 PM

May 2008
Interesting to find out who Snark actually is.
Sep 27, 2009 4:19 PM
Feb 2009
At last we learned who Snark is. Wonderful episode but the show is giving me severe mind#$ck.
Jan 26, 2010 7:08 PM

Dec 2008
Uuchie said:
Masayuki's father with that woman was definitelly the creepiest moment so far.

Ditto. I found that to be creepier than the rest of the stuff going on.

And yay to Michio for soul traveling now. :)
How long would it take to earn 50 million yen, Karasawa? - Katsuya
No longer than it would take to get to the bank, provided I have a gun. -Karasawa
I'm through talking with you. -Katsuya
Jun 29, 2010 11:06 PM

Mar 2009
Makoto crying.. I didn't expect that.
Feb 9, 2011 4:25 PM

Oct 2008
I knew Makato's mother's lover sounded familiar. He was Snark. =O
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Apr 24, 2011 8:06 PM

Jun 2009
Wow so he is snark. So that guy now will be with them flying and all? Interesting...XD
Aug 29, 2011 6:29 AM

Oct 2010
Oh, Tarou can't project in Kumada? Another confirmation.

Why do I get a feeling that Makoto's father was actually involved in the siblings' kidnapping? And WHY DID HE DIE?
Mar 11, 2012 2:43 PM

Nov 2010
fiane said:

Why do I get a feeling that Makoto's father was actually involved in the siblings' kidnapping? And WHY DID HE DIE?

I found his suicide to be pretty drastic. Cutting his eyelids.. I believe he saw something he couldn't bear that involved the case... or something in that direction that also involves those spirits. I believe Makoto's dad was also able to perform ghost acts.
....buuuut I have way too many questions to see the big connection in front of me lol
Really hope they answer all of them.
Aug 20, 2013 9:36 AM

Sep 2012
I didn't recognize Snark's voice, but we know now who he is.

episode's getting better now Michio experience O.B.E.
Jan 26, 2014 9:36 PM

Jan 2014
Il say it outright. I dont like makoto. Yay for michio. And thatdad and his foot fetish lol.

As of now, please try to refrain from looking at MAL. its a complete mess right now T-T
People of anime have whooped, roasted, beaten, and tamed my ass. I have learned my ways and will never speak that horrible word. But, believe me, MY DAY OF VENGEANCE SHALL COME(please dont take this seriously, just "trying" to be funny lol
Mar 22, 2014 1:51 PM

Feb 2014
wow i always thought from the first that this guy would be Snark :D
but man i really wanted to know why did makoto's father died but i still have to wait for the moment, and the part of makoto's mother creeped me

Jul 14, 2014 7:01 PM

May 2012
Interesting episode, I really like where this is going!
Feb 9, 2015 6:52 AM

Nov 2011
Holy shit Makoto cried

Holy shit Kaibara's the Snark and not Hirata sensei

Holy shit what the fuck were those headless spirits

Holy shit that's how Masayuki's dad rolls

Holy shit Michio can soul travel now

THIS SHIT KEEPS GETTING BETTER AND BETTER
Dec 19, 2015 1:50 AM

Mar 2010
Lol that father sure is maso or has a foot fetish at least..

I got a suspicion that makotos mom mightve killed his dad thats why she wont tell him? But im not sure.. So still curious but she has something up her sleeve thats for sure

Michio joining in too now huh.. I wonder what is rewl and what not cause of that so called artificial life story
Sep 11, 2016 7:20 PM

Jan 2014
Another great episode.. Makoto crying...we learned who Stark is..Masayuki's Dad gnaah...The last part with Taro and Makoto's mother was very disturbing..Yay for Michio!
Sep 18, 2016 6:49 PM
Aug 2015
All ii want to know is why Makoto's mother abandoned him :(
Sep 6, 2021 11:54 AM

Jun 2008
tagging this series as "foot fetish" now.

Mar 31, 2022 1:35 PM

Mar 2019
I love Masayuki, he has to be my favorite character. On the other hand, Makoto is just too weird. So he went there to ask his mother, then when she finally agreed, he just left and cried? There was probably some meaning behind that but I'm not getting it.

ALSO OMG, that ending was so disturbing. She always looked horrifying, ever since her first appearance on that dam and even in that photo but that scene took it to another level. That look gave me so many chills.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

May 25, 2023 12:45 PM

Dec 2022
I knew I wouldn't like Snark from the beginning. Guess I was right to have reservations. Got to feel for Makoto, he definitely has the worst circumstances of the main group of guys.

The foot worship scene was hilarious, even more so because it was concurrent with serious discussion.

Shaded Horizon

Jun 26, 6:50 PM
Jan 2022
Gostei da bastante do snark explicando sobre física quântica e o olhar do observador, de que o mundo real conhecível pra ele não passa de uma ilusão, e que o verdadeiro eu dele estava no mundo abstrato...

Fora isso a cena da mãe do Makoto foi bem intensa e perturbadora, e aquele nerd de óculos também sabe se projetar? Curioso.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ghost Hound Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

nihil - Apr 22, 2008

151 by perennial_suit »»
Aug 1, 12:48 PM

Poll: » Ghost Hound Episode 21 Discussion

Jacut - Apr 15, 2008

33 by perennial_suit »»
Aug 1, 8:01 AM

Poll: » Ghost Hound Episode 3 Discussion

cyruz - Nov 10, 2007

40 by perennial_suit »»
Jul 11, 1:20 PM

Poll: » Ghost Hound Episode 20 Discussion

naikou - Apr 14, 2008

41 by Dark7xl »»
Jun 27, 7:11 PM

Poll: » Ghost Hound Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

melancholy - Feb 10, 2008

53 by Dark7xl »»
Jun 24, 9:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.