Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Hitorijime Boyfriend
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 2, 2017 9:23 AM

May 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode are pretty average...I prefer the manga ver over this.
But it's cute how Settie and Shige finished their prob. Those dork reaction are hilarious when they confesed each other what they feel lol.

the animation quality/bad propotion still made me cringe somehow....
and ahh I need Settie in my life...xD
livexevilSep 2, 2017 9:31 AM
Sep 2, 2017 10:20 AM

Jun 2016
"I want to touch him." KYAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

In my honest opinion, this episode pretty much focused on the "homophobia" around their group, and it was resolved in the end. AND YET AGAIN THEY FUCKING CENSORED ANOTHER KISS BETWEEN KOUSUKE AND SETTIE WHAT THE FUCK? THIS IS A FUCKING SHOUNEN-AI LIKE JUNJOU ROMANTICA AND SEKAIICHI HATSUKOI AND WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU CENSORED THAT KISS!?!? WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE BEHIND THIS SHOW!?!?! *clears throat* Anyway, this was a very good episode for me. Their friendship was tested in this episode and it's because of yes obviously 'homophobia' which was resolved in the end by clearing up the misunderstanding, and it was not homophobia, but Shige being salty af because Settie's not telling him anything, and being jealous with Settie being suddenly close with Hasekura. Poor, Shige. And Shige's not agreeing with Settie dating an "old fart". Hahaha!

I kinda misunderstood that part where I thought Shige likes Settie romantically, but glad that was cleared in the end. Yaaaas! I love this group's friendship really. They're all open-minded and not like those group of boys I know who are a bunch of homophobic fucks. Ugh. We need more group of boys like Settie's friends. Ugh.

The last minute of this episode was so hilarious. All this time, Kousuke knew that the class representative was watching them. Hahaha. Kousuke, you bastard! He was kicked out. Hahaha. My spleen. Hahahahaha!

This is definitely one of my fave episodes in a shounen-ai anime; it's so good. :)

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Sep 2, 2017 10:46 AM

Jan 2015
That was such a good episode actually, probably my fav. So now everyone in the house know the two dating huh. No one knows about the other couple tho. Its been pretty quite lately.
I liked how they started suspecting the main couple because of how much time they spend together and how defensive Kensuke was.
Glad that we spent more time on his friends especially Shige, he was pretty interesting i guess. Pretty cool how he was hanging around other group and thinking how his friends are better and have better reactions.
I liked how MC said he likes him, no he loves him out loud and they made up.
I also liked how MC stepped in on them talking behind his back and him hearing the conflict, overall just a very well done episode.

Cant believe that someone would not like Kousuke tbh, Shige is definitely unusual.
Also what i noticed is that males in this anime are very prone to crying :D
Sep 2, 2017 11:49 AM

Jul 2009
Setagawa's face when Kousuke dropped that bomb at the end tho xD

Sep 2, 2017 12:03 PM

Jan 2014
That little moment they had between the two of them where Kousuke asked if he fell for him all over again. That was a pretty damn adorable moment in their relationship.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Sep 2, 2017 1:23 PM

Dec 2014
hmm well I guess they wanted to pint out that the side characters are also okay with their relationship and all
Sep 2, 2017 1:25 PM
May 2013
Omg this homophobia episode around the group seemed nice so that they could talk it over as a group. As long as their open to their friends and stuff. Love last part it was hilarious and left him out and then oh heres food lol. Cutee. Why the censor on the kiss scene tho? :(
Sep 2, 2017 4:25 PM

Jun 2013
Beautiful and surprisingly mature episode!
Sep 2, 2017 6:06 PM

Nov 2007
This was a good episode....I enjoyed look into background characters. They are not just those dumb starved dudes anymore.
Sep 3, 2017 7:01 AM

Jun 2013
I surprisingly liked this episode. It gave us more insight on the personality of the "side" characters especially Shige. I have a hunch that Yunge also becomes an important character in the manga. Lmao at Shige cause he doesn't like Setagawa dating an old fart. I just love the boys' friendship. I didn't expect that Kousuke knew someone was watching them though, definitely a cunning person. Bad doggies deserve to eat barbecue outside lol.
maigyoSep 3, 2017 7:12 AM
Sep 3, 2017 7:13 AM

Jun 2007
So far it's the best episode of all!
see you, space cowperson . . .
Sep 3, 2017 9:59 AM

Jul 2007
I liked this episode but I can't understand why would they censor a kiss when last episode we had two kisses uncensored!!!
Sep 3, 2017 7:26 PM

Nov 2015
hanyuhi16 said:
I liked this episode but I can't understand why would they censor a kiss when last episode we had two kisses uncensored!!!

--
what more if there's a bed scene. :))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
Sep 5, 2017 1:41 AM

Oct 2008
Oh My God! This show is infested with Kafun HOMO!!! BLERGH!!!
5/5.

Sep 6, 2017 11:47 AM
Jul 2017
Loved how things got heated and we saw the angry side of Kensuke as he sticks up for Settie lol he pure went hulk on Shige! xD

I liked that they put in something like this that caused drama between friends but it was super sweet at the end of the episode when Settie and Shige came to an understanding with each other. Overall, a very good episode.
Sep 6, 2017 11:48 AM
Jul 2017
Loved how things got heated and we saw the angry side of Kensuke as he sticks up for Settie lol he pure went hulk on Shige! xD

I liked that they put in something like this that caused drama between friends but it was super sweet at the end of the episode when Settie and Shige came to an understanding with each other. Overall, a very good episode.
Sep 16, 2017 9:22 PM
Jul 2017
I just can't get over how sweet and adorable this anime is!!!

I'm so glad we got to see more interactions with shige and the other friends. I was worried they were always going to be accessories to the story.
Jan 5, 2018 6:31 PM

Dec 2012
Loved how this show has been progressing -- focus has been on the friends and how they'd react to it. I don't like outside elements and forced drama.

Those reactions. I'm dying.

May 7, 2019 7:25 AM

Jun 2013
THIS IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE EPISODES. I CAN REALLY RELATE TO THIS ONE BECAUSE SOMETIMES I HAVE PROBLEMS WITH FRIENDSHIPS!

This episode is relatable. It tackles about misunderstandings and arguments in friendships. It is inevitable. Also, the homophobic issue is being shown. This anime shows real life situations.

But I like how some of them are being true friends - especially Kensuke. He stands up for Masahiro and Kousuke. He is hurt that his best friend and his big brother are being judged by his other friend. He is not afraid to call out another friend for the sake of correcting that person. He stands up for what he believes in - that there is NOTHING WRONG with two guys dating. Kensuke may be clumsy or "too slow" to read the situation, but in this episode he proves that he is a GOOD AND TRUE FRIEND. I also like how irritated Hasekura is when he hears that Shige is talking about Masahiro in a bitter way. Shige is jealous that Masahiro suddenly becomes close to Hasekura, and that Masahiro hangs out with Kousuke often. Hasekura clearly does not like what Shige is doing.

But I do understand Shige because he feels he's being left out and his friends are getting closer with one another excluding him. He looks up to Masahiro so much that he is disappointed when the latter does not explicitly tell him about the latter's love life. But lmao, Masahiro does not need to explain everything about his life. Even his friends know that he is dating with Kousuke because they usually see how sweet Kousuke and Masahiro are with each other. But I understand why Shige comments, "That's gross!" It's because Masahiro is a student, while Kousuke is a teacher. But Shige is wrong for being judgmental and harsh. If he's being left out while his other friends are getting closer with one another, he should reach out. If he thinks that two men dating is wrong, then he should respect those people who are doing that. He must be a good friend.

I'm so happy that the fight has been resolved in the end. Good thing that Shige admits his wrongdoings and reflects on his mistakes. In real life, it is normal to make mistakes because no one is perfect. But the important thing that we must do is to sincerely apologize to people who we have hurt. We must also forgive others who make wrongdoings to us. We should also be a good friend. If there is a problem within friends, we must talk about it! Backstabbing is wrong. This particular episode really has good moral lessons.

The group has a solid friendship. True friends indeed!
Dec 14, 2019 6:12 PM

Aug 2017
So, Settie's friends have more presence here. A bit late if u ask me but at we know that they all of them except Shige know about Settie and Kousuke relationship. I still don't know how the age gap between them will afect if more people in the school learn of this.

Pretty good episode and the ending was hilarious lmao.
NurguburuJul 10, 2020 7:20 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
May 22, 2021 8:12 AM

Jun 2020
Yamashita Daiki did a great job for Fukushige’s voice. This episode made me cry & the OST is lovely (;´༎ຶٹ༎ຶ`)

Their clique is so wholesome. Made me laugh seeing their daily antics thru the eyes of Fukushige. And seeing how Setagawa is as kind as ever always grounding them♡

I loved how they handled Fukushige & Setagawa’s drama. It was really heartfelt & touching. They really treasure their friendship & I’m sure they got out of this stronger. And props to Kensuke for standing up for this BFF, not allowing anyone to talk shit about Setagawa!!!!! Fukushige was also taken aback how Hasekura & Setagawa got close even tho they don’t always get along.

L O L @ Kensuke making Fukushige eat outside. And then saying how if a family member does something wrong they have a meal outside :’) found family!!!!! It’s more so touching since Fukushige doesn’t have any family warmth in his life.

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hitorijime My Hero Episode 7 Discussion

ari-e-s - Aug 19, 2017

31 by _ZSC_ »»
Oct 11, 7:13 AM

Poll: » Hitorijime My Hero Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KannoSugako - Sep 23, 2017

60 by Tartch »»
Sep 3, 6:25 AM

Poll: » Hitorijime My Hero Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

livexevil - Jul 22, 2017

54 by luviendsol »»
Dec 3, 2023 10:40 AM

Poll: » Hitorijime My Hero Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

pgmhecateii - Jul 15, 2017

70 by seyowan »»
Nov 6, 2023 1:43 AM

Poll: » Hitorijime My Hero Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

27CansOfTuna - Jul 8, 2017

90 by seyowan »»
Nov 5, 2023 11:33 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.