Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 14, 2017 6:07 AM

Sep 2015
At first I thought the movie idea was a bit silly. But I ended up really liking this episode. The eccentric Director dude was really funny. As were all of his underlings. And I was amused by how Riri handled her grandmother this time. Lot of good stuff in this episode. Which is cool because aside from an out there premise, it had two unnecessary dramas to make up for.

Shiori is clearly for undisclosed reason upset they're burning down this one particular house. Of course the director would pick almost at random a house with sentimental value for her right? Why can't she just tell the others how she feels? Why must we watch her weave this web of lies? I'm sure it'll be answered soon enough. The other big drama/conflict of this episode is it's Maki's turn up to bat with the early in the series personal crisis. I have to admit I found hers a little more compelling (though no less perfunctory) than Sanae's last time.

I think the arc was really helped by her meeting with (Momo?) the aspiring young actress who looks up to her. I kind of feel like the whole point of this movie arc was to give her a crisis. But I'll take it either way it mostly worked. I'll also say Sanae telling Maki off at the end was quite amusing. They're pretty funny together. And I like how protective of Yoshino Sanae gets.
May 14, 2017 7:57 AM

Jan 2014
Save my girl Sanae from the country bugs.
So much of the animation budget was put into that cat.
Ok but the old guy is a really good actor
tretijMay 14, 2017 8:08 AM
May 14, 2017 8:07 PM

Feb 2009
I just love how realistic this story is with all the characters, navigating adulthood as a young adult is tough, but this show makes it seem interesting. Like, I'm totally invested in wanting to see their happiness lol

May 15, 2017 6:50 PM
Jul 2015
This is one show I always watch the OP and ED all the way through because they're so catchy and fitting!
May 16, 2017 8:40 PM

Aug 2012
-somehow i'm just not feeling this show
-maki arc, it looks like
-does that mean erika and maki are related, or was erika's little bro using that term as a symbol of affection
-the characters seemed to be pretty fresh when i started watching this show but now they just feel like stand-ins for the most part. However, the backgrounds and nature stuff are actually pretty wonderful
-ririko is a qt
-aw man shiori's expression when yoshino asked her to get permission from the run-down house owners was super sad
-That little conversation Yoshino had with Maki was actually pretty nice, as well
-Shiori committing treason in the kingdom
-That little tidbit of information about abandoned houses was actually pretty interesting
-man, big boss is a natural at zombie acting
-hmmmmm how convenient for one of the actresses to cancel on the shoot right in the middle of maki's character arc
-speaking of stand-ins...
-hoo man maki didn't take that too well
-alright that one-line exchange between big boss and the third-tier manager was pretty great
-please tell me sanae give maki a good slap
-Actually, Moe talking some sense into Maki was a pretty good way to resolve this episode, and was probably better than anything Sanae could do
-moe's a fuckin M O N S T E R
-oh are they making the bard play the part of the canceller

Seems like the whole Maki drama isn't wrapped up yet, but it seems to be in the process of doing so with that totally-not-symbolic meeting on the bridge. Maki actually didn't feel like a stand-in by the end of the episode. Maybe it was just Sanae's character arc the past few episodes that made me feel like the characters were just stand-ins and plot devices. I really didn't like how they resolved Sanae's conflict, but it seems like they're actually devoting actual screentime to resolve it rather than speeding through it like they did with Sanae. They're also hinting at some Shiori conflict, with her essentially committing perjury to save the house from being torn down. In any case, this episode is still just the setup for something else, so I'll hold off on judging it until the setup gets resolved. It's already a better episode than the Sanae episode, though. The nature imagery they used in this episode, as well as abandoned house trivia, were pretty nice, too.
May 17, 2017 2:25 PM

Jun 2013
Very good episode! This does seem awfully similar to the Film arc in Hanasaku Iroha though!
May 17, 2017 3:18 PM

May 2014
Come back yesterday, LMAO I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF THAT ONE πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
The old guy playing the zombie, Riri's fist of succes, everything in this episode was just perfect, I'm dead of laughter.
I think it's nice that they're trying to make a movie. The painter at the end traing his lines was funny as hell too.
A shame the preview was full Japanese this time around though.
May 17, 2017 3:35 PM
Mar 2016
Shiori with Pajama + that Hair so lovely! <3

but what problem with big butt dame kid! poor sanae
May 18, 2017 9:17 AM

Nov 2011
The episode as a whole is more than good, but the part devoted to Maki, I did not like it. Let us mean, it is Maki's character, with his indole not liking me, I understand his frustration, but I hate the people who weep on him. However, the theme dealt with in this episode is interesting and is a further test to show when the plot is well developed. I liked that in the narrative, there was a small parenthesis for Erika and more. The old grunt, in addition to boasting, is also good as an actor, that surprise!
May 21, 2017 4:34 AM

Jul 2009
So, Maki thinks that she did not got popular coz she didn't eat the cicada? and her friend who did got popular, so she kinda lost it and got depressed...
Jun 6, 2017 11:12 AM

Apr 2015
Maki is bugged because she didn't eat the bug. Bdm-tss....

Producer lad is annoying...
Jul 8, 2017 8:39 AM
Mar 2012
Riri's mmmm's and fist
frog lol, Yoshino's having fun.
Both Shiori & Maki have their own issues to sort out.
much scenery & cat
Aug 18, 2017 12:11 AM

Jun 2016
That zombie scene with the Tourism President. Haha. That was a decent episode. I liked it.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)οΌβ˜†β™ͺβ™ͺβ˜†οΌΌ(^0^οΌΌ)
Sep 8, 2017 7:29 AM

Feb 2014
I hope they aren't trying to recycle that movie arc from Hanasaku Iroha.

And finally an anime with a cat that meows like an actual cat, instead of sounding like a middle aged guy doing a terrible impression of a cat.
Oct 31, 2017 5:06 PM

May 2012
Interesting addition to this, a film set he? Well let's see what comes from it!
Nov 16, 2017 6:56 AM

Apr 2011
Its Oden Detective's time to overcome her difficulties. Funy how she said to Sanae not to run away, but she's also running away from something too.
Nov 28, 2017 3:13 PM

Nov 2013
This Moe is ugly AF. Any girl from main 5 is way prettier.
Mar 19, 2018 5:08 PM

Sep 2011
So I guess we will go through each character's arc in order. I was pretty angry for Maki yelling at Yoshino for no reason... Just tell her why you don't want to take part in this and then maaaaybe she won't try to help you >.>

Riri is obviously the best grill here, so I can't wait to see her arc.
May 14, 2019 2:39 AM

Jan 2011
MiraiLink said:
"You're a zombie too?"
It was such an obvious joke to make, but it just works.
Dec 16, 2020 9:49 AM

May 2016
Great episode a lot better than last one.
Mar 28, 2021 5:19 AM

Feb 2020
Sanae and Yoshino are the best girls. It's adorable how kindhearted Yoshino is and it's sad when people are treating her like shit. She is just trying to help everyone.

SerafosMar 2, 6:33 AM
May 10, 2022 2:44 PM

Jul 2014
It really felt like this episode came out of nowhere, completely disconnected from the events of the previous one (which felt like it could have been continued, really) and introducing a load of new characters out of nowhere to go along with it. I know this show's taking a fairly episodic approach so far as it deals with each character's issues, but that just makes everything feel so disjointed: it's like they're just throwing ideas at the wall on a day-to-day basis in desperation to save the town, giving up on each one almost immediately when it doesn't work. In particular, last episode's concept about taking a long time to rebuild the train station lends itself perfectly to being continued into another episode, to at least show us some sign that they've not just abandoned the idea immediately in favour of this nonsensical movie.
Aug 5, 2022 6:13 AM

Dec 2018
wasn't it pitched as a slice of life? and now it's a zombie drama lol
Nov 27, 2022 6:01 PM
Jan 2021
I had to come here to check because I thought I was watching these episodes out of order, like this one got named wrong. I thought the story was about wood working and rebuilding the train station. Out of nowhere this movie plot starts, I thought I missed about 5 episodes in between. This show is really hard to follow.
Aug 18, 2023 5:50 AM

Oct 2022
They're setting up for something for sure. With the chaos and the filming and also Shiori with the house. The assistant director looks he will collapse in a few hours. Its funny how RIriko change her grandmother's mind like that. The part where Sanae try to hit Yoshino because of the frog is hilarious too. Also the part where the guys at the office want to burn the Pres' house.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2017

65 by Leftu »»
Oct 2, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2017

184 by EsieEyen »»
Jul 19, 3:32 AM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2017

55 by Rahul_101 »»
Apr 30, 9:20 PM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 5, 2017

85 by wildhood »»
Apr 30, 8:41 PM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 19 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2017

46 by Rahul_101 »»
Apr 30, 1:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.