Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 23, 2016 6:09 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol an appli monster that made Christmas disappear? Oh boy...

Looks like they managed to celebrate Christmas after all though. I'm glad for these kids!
Dec 24, 2016 3:35 AM

Sep 2015
i smell digimon tamers here

just who that afro man?
Into the Internet!
Dec 25, 2016 11:14 AM
Sep 2012
Dam the plot progression continues, I didn't think we would get it in a Christmas episode, I thought we take a break from moving the plot. If you consider Ai learning about the Appmons as progression, we did go back to normal monster of the week format here.

A good episode, I liked the whole secret Christmas party at the end, I only wish Rei was invited, could they have at least checked up on him, I am sure things are tough for him this time of year.

And Yujin does creep me out, maybe Rei was a whole mis direction, Yujin is the one to watch out for.

Good episode, Ai is such a nice person.

I think the afro guy is a Toei joke, a reference to Mr. Satan from Dragon Ball. Who knows end of the series he might get all the credit from the public for saving the world.
blfanDec 25, 2016 11:47 AM
Dec 26, 2016 3:54 AM

Feb 2013
I only liked Eri in that reindeer costume.
Dec 27, 2016 12:39 AM

Dec 2014
christmas special .... ok I liked it one for the holidays
Dec 27, 2016 6:43 AM
Sep 2012
Next episodes is about puzzles, you think Takeru will learn about the Appmons, solving the puzzles might be something he is useful in. Though after Eri was introduced and joined the team we got a solo episode with just her and Haru before we introduced Torajirou and had him joined the team. We might do the same with getting used to Ai being part of the team before we move on to Takeru, though this series of late is moving fast, I don't expect it to be long before Takeru is on this.

Ai gave us a secret base, what can Takeru offer us?
blfanDec 27, 2016 6:59 AM
Dec 27, 2016 7:37 AM

May 2013
Yes, Ai finally know about the team. This episode gave her deep personality instead just Haru's crush description in beginning season.
and from the blushing look, seems like she got crush on Haru too.

although, BFF's Haru give creeping me out at the end. Hope this secret'll reveal soon.
Dec 27, 2016 8:16 AM
Apr 2013
ListAandM said:
i smell digimon tamers here

just who that afro man?

probably a comic relief TOEI usually made, like Mr Satan from DBZ series. Hell, the face looks similar to Mr Satan indeed lol
Dec 27, 2016 8:46 AM
Apr 2014
Christmas is canceled? what the fuck? Are paper calendars extinct too?
This is the 3rd episode in a row where both Eri and Naruto job only for Haru to save the day. They should switch things up a bit have the other ones save the day.
Yuujin ?! where have you been bro? It's been 11 episodes since we've seen ya, anyway he's the most intriguing character in this show, he should get some more development. We got a nice little plot going with this guy with him being controlled by L and hanging with the protagonists, more interesting than a certain sibling rescue edgelord.
Haru's love interest is on it now and they have a secret base.
Drake1000Dec 27, 2016 8:49 AM
Dec 27, 2016 8:51 AM
Sep 2012
Drake1000 said:
This is the 3rd episode in a row where both Eri and Naruto job only for Haru to save the day. They should switch things up a bit have the other ones save the day.
Yuujin ?! where have you been bro? It's been 11 episodes since we've seen ya, anyway he's the most intriguing character in this show, he should get some more development. We got a nice little plot going with this guy with him being controlled by L and hanging with the protagonists, more interesting than a certain sibling rescue edgelord.

To be fair in some of those situation, it was Rei that save the day. They have to give Rei a chance to do something heroic.

Am I the only who is sensing the tension between Eri and Torajioru is old school vs new school of celebrity. Eri is old school actually having talent and working hard to gain fame, while Torajioru is new school the internet celebrity.
blfanDec 27, 2016 8:54 AM
Dec 27, 2016 9:36 PM
Apr 2013
Drake1000 said:

funny that actually christmas is not actually cancelled, it's just the digital application based on digital calendars, so actually it's a gimmick. But then they live in an era where human has been clinging too much on advancing technologies, so if someone doing havoc through digital application, they get panic easily.

I think it's a very nice episode where once again we see ppl can't get over against being clinging too much on digital apps
Dec 30, 2016 2:51 PM

Nov 2011
Jan 3, 2017 9:26 AM

Jun 2011
Am I the only one in favor of Haru X Eri paring ? ^^ Ai is somehow to boring...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 3, 2017 5:27 PM
Sep 2012
Seiya0890 said:

I think Eri might be too old for Haru. Plus everyone knows Haru true love interest is Yujin.
Jan 4, 2017 9:47 PM
Apr 2013
Seiya0890 said:

Haru was never blushing to Eri, he even get along with her well without being emotionally interested in something "love". So I guess not
Jan 5, 2017 8:44 AM

Dec 2012
Seiya0890 said:

News to Digimon?
There are plethora series before this and we never get a slightly bit a canon couple between main casts excluding Digimon adventure epilogue.
Jan 21, 2017 3:25 PM

Dec 2015
A monster "stole Christmas"...

So, after a while, the digimon pal gets to skip the need of a union to reach the Super Level? Good, time to evolve to the third stage, I suppose?

3/5
May 31, 2020 7:01 PM

May 2008
Why do I get the funny feeling Yuujin is L or is in someway related to it? I want more about Yuujin, not more of the Appmon of the Day episodes.

Anyway, the episode was dumb, but obviously just set up so the heroes have a hide-out.
Jan 30, 2022 3:38 AM

Feb 2020
That random afro guy is hilarious.

Well, this was an average episode, but the ending was quite interesting. Now they also have a secret base which is pretty cool.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Digimon Universe: Appli Monsters Episode 36 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2017

10 by Pinguinaa »»
Sep 24, 2022 11:22 PM

Poll: » Digimon Universe: Appli Monsters Episode 52 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2017

33 by Serafos »»
Feb 4, 2022 5:31 AM

Poll: » Digimon Universe: Appli Monsters Episode 51 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2017

9 by Serafos »»
Feb 4, 2022 4:51 AM

Poll: » Digimon Universe: Appli Monsters Episode 50 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2017

13 by Serafos »»
Feb 4, 2022 3:41 AM

Poll: » Digimon Universe: Appli Monsters Episode 49 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2017

11 by Serafos »»
Feb 4, 2022 3:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.