Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 13, 2016 6:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So not only is Cyan going training for her song...SHINGANCRIMSONZ is also looking for their own way to make things right.

A good amount of development for both sides I guess. Those Cyan tears though. I have hope that she'll make it work. I mean, she has to and I think she has the chance. I really hope so....but I think she still need a bit more confidence. Cyan's training montage was amusing to watch. Of course she also would have the support of her friends. Lucky girl.
Stark700Nov 13, 2016 6:46 AM
Nov 13, 2016 7:36 AM
Oct 2016
Great! My favourite episode of season 2 so far (Still no CGs though T_T)
Nov 13, 2016 9:11 AM

Apr 2015
Daishizen was amazing. Gauga Strikes were amazing. This episode was amazing.

10/10
Nov 13, 2016 9:20 AM

Nov 2015
I don't know why I want to cry whenever I whatch this show

Oh, yes, the feels ;-;
Makise_LewisNov 13, 2016 9:45 AM
Nov 13, 2016 11:09 AM

Apr 2013
Cyan's outfit and hair for cleaning the pool was really cute.

Nov 13, 2016 10:07 PM

Jan 2011
This episode was boring and fill with too much filler.

It this was just about Cyan and boring Crimson then the episode would be better.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Nov 16, 2016 5:04 PM

May 2008
Whoa, Gaugastrikes has appeared, like finally!

MasterHavik said:

It this was just about Cyan and boring Crimson then the episode would be better.

"too much filler"??
If you didn't like it why don't you just drop it? Be reminded that this is based on a rhythm game with little storyline.

As a person who play the game I'm already happy to see half of the bands get animated in this season.
Psyche_IzayaNov 16, 2016 5:26 PM
Nov 16, 2016 5:28 PM

Jan 2011
Psyche_Izaya said:
Whoa, Gaugastrikes has appeared, like finally!

MasterHavik said:

"too much filler"??
If you didn't like it why don't you just drop it? Be reminded that this is based on a rhythm game with little storyline!

As a person who play the game I'm already happy to see half of the bands get animated in this season.
You mean animation that fell apart after two episodes from season 1? I mean it's not a bad show..and uh I kind of finished season 1...so that mean I kind of sorta like it? Also why would I drop a show that I am nearly done with? That makes no sense.

It isn't that I don't like Show by Rock it doesn't do enough with what it has. Yes I know this is base off some game and stuff...but Free was base off a 30 second commercial. So yeah no excuses. Just because the rhythm game no storyline doesn't mean the people behind the story can't be creative. I found this episode to be lacking since it couldn't focus on its MC and Boring Crimson without having to randomly cut to other characters. I think you should want more from something that just having it subpar animated.
Nov 16, 2016 6:09 PM

May 2008
MasterHavik said:
You mean animation that fell apart after two episodes from season 1? I mean it's not a bad show..and uh I kind of finished season 1...so that mean I kind of sorta like it? Also why would I drop a show that I am nearly done with? That makes no sense.

It isn't that I don't like Show by Rock it doesn't do enough with what it has. Yes I know this is base off some game and stuff...but Free was base off a 30 second commercial. So yeah no excuses. Just because the rhythm game no storyline doesn't mean the people behind the story can't be creative. I found this episode to be lacking since it couldn't focus on its MC and Boring Crimson without having to randomly cut to other characters. I think you should want more from something that just having it subpar animated.

Well... i think you should at least know that Free! was based off a novel which was published in 2011, before the 30 seconds commercial existed?

I get what you meant, but it's really not that simple to have a smooth outcome of a plot when they try to squeeze more characters from the game to a 12-episodes-per-season show. As of now, about 15 out of 26 bands were animated. So i think you should not expect that they won't cutoff from the main storyline again to make more rooms for "new" charas.
Nov 16, 2016 6:19 PM

Jan 2011
Psyche_Izaya said:
MasterHavik said:

Well... i think you should at least know that Free! was based off a novel which was published in 2011, before the 30 seconds commercial existed?

I get what you meant, but it's really not that simple to have a smooth outcome of a plot when they try to squeeze more characters from the game to a 12-episodes-per-season show. As of now, about 15 out of 26 bands were animated. So i think you should not expect that they won't cutoff from the main storyline again to make more rooms for "new" charas.
But then they are just creating a logjam. I understand wanting to get these bands in the anime but it is at the risk of the story. They shouldn't be ordering 12 episodes for this show if they are trying to have this many characters.
Dec 10, 2016 3:12 PM

Feb 2013
This season is dragging...
Dec 15, 2016 1:53 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
I was soooo happy to see Dolly Dulci in this anime as they're probably my favorite band in the game. But seeing my favorite adorable otter is super awesome too and ahhhh even more adorable animated! Help my soul.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Dec 15, 2016 9:12 PM

Jun 2013
Cyan is such an angel!
Dec 21, 2016 10:12 AM

Jul 2009
Tsurezure was the best thing
Jan 17, 2017 3:51 AM

Dec 2016
ShinganCrimsonz just blasted off like Team Rocket.

The special training Cyan was doing with King was rather interesting.

That was a very touching scene there at the end.
Feb 9, 2017 1:58 PM

May 2012
Nice ending, let's see what's next!
Dec 13, 2019 8:43 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Poor crying Cyan :c
Dec 3, 2021 2:33 AM

Feb 2020
Poor Cyan... :´(

She is so cute and precious. <3 I'm glad everything is fine again. :)

I loved that angry expression on her face. That was so adorable. ^_^

More topics from this board

Poll: » Show By Rock!! # Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2016

14 by Pinoffin »»
Feb 25, 10:19 PM

Poll: » Show By Rock!! # Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2016

32 by Muow »»
Aug 31, 2022 5:31 AM

Poll: » Show By Rock!! # Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2016

15 by Muow »»
Aug 28, 2022 6:11 AM

Poll: » Show By Rock!! # Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2016

13 by Muow »»
Aug 27, 2022 2:25 AM

Poll: » Show By Rock!! # Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2016

19 by Muow »»
Aug 23, 2022 2:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.