Forum Settings
Forums

Was I the only one that thought this would be a full series and not just an ONA?

New
Oct 6, 2016 8:39 PM
Apr 2014
I remembering adding this to my PTW quite early on, yet I recall it being in the TV section. Or am I remembering wrong?
Oct 7, 2016 5:09 PM

Feb 2014
I did as well. Not sure when they changed it. Monthly.moe still has it as a full cour.

The discussion threads didn't have high hopes for it from the key animation and PV's from what I saw so it might be for the best.
Oct 7, 2016 6:00 PM
Apr 2014
Yeah I can agree with that. I definitely didn't have high hopes for it as a 1-cour show. Yet I was for some reason excited about it. I just looked into it a bit more and it seems it was never going to be a full series from this.

"Luger Code 1951 began as a story idea that Haruto Haneki submitted for the Shounen Jump+ × Animax Anime Scenario Award contest. The theme of the contest was "your original scenario in the image of Shounen Jump." The contest accepted unpublished entries that could be made into a short anime, 30 to 40 minutes in estimated length. Haneki's scenario won the Grand Prize, winning him 2 million yen, a manga adaptation on Shounen Jump+ and an anime adaptation. Akira Akatsuki, who was one of the judges in the competition, drew the manga."

And after reading the CR announcement which I hadn't seen till now (Which came back in August) just listed it as a short documentary.

Huh, well I guess my memory is starting to falter a bit earlier than I thought. Well I guess this is a good thing in a way. Yet I feel a bit betrayed by my brain.
Oct 22, 2016 5:18 AM

Jun 2012
I'm with you mate and I thought when I read the description, this was gonna be something like a dark horse. Couldn't be more wrong it seems...
Oct 22, 2016 10:15 AM

May 2009
Manga is 3 chapters long. There is no way turning it into full series.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Luger Code 1951 Episode 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2016

43 by AbsoluteOpulence »»
Jul 25, 3:44 PM

» Key visual + Teaser

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2016

10 by DardDrak »»
Oct 2, 2016 5:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.