Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 7, 2016 2:54 PM

Dec 2012
Another good episode, the demon are back. The new student was so predictable, I thought about that as soon as I didn't see him at the house.
May 7, 2016 7:36 PM
Mar 2012
MaxXZoe said:
i had to facepalm when i got the vibes that the samurai will be a transfer student but then it happened!! i had to facepalm twice!!!

my god i thought it was not going to that route, anyhow nice episode with predictable romance.... still better than *

3/5

We already knew since ep1 ed showed Ken in school uniform.
EHHHHHHH~? Yukina competing for longest paworks catchphrase?
"oh my god!" in good English over Ken's ink doodle.
Sebastian shows boobs.
Except Liu, those teammates are terrible. Sophie super jealous over Yukina, elitist, and pompously uses Chinese idioms (but funny since I understood some).
"imma unify japan!" guess that's historically accurate... for Ken. Mazinger reference.
May 8, 2016 7:03 AM
Apr 2014
Damn this really is going to be two-course? I knew it... Mecha always gets two -.- It's so predictable somehow.

Anyway. The pilot girl with the blonde hair sure seemed like a pain in the ass. Especially that moment she asked Yukina why she is fighting. Yea, obviously the girl that got kidnapped and dragged into all of this without her acceptance definitely has a reason to fight... And she is definitely at fault for not having a proper reason to fight. Fuck, that moment annoyed me so much.

It was fun to see Kennosuke "getting used" to school though. It's a wonder he had almost no problems with the dictionary :D Well. He'll definitely need it if they don't have to fight every minute of each day.
May 9, 2016 5:06 AM

Dec 2015
Nanashi said:

It was fun to see Kennosuke "getting used" to school though. It's a wonder he had almost no problems with the dictionary :D Well. He'll definitely need it if they don't have to fight every minute of each day.

Yes, especially since he has to type the word first. By the way, how do you input kanji on japanese keyboards? Only with "nouns" or do you have to select the right symbol after?
May 9, 2016 10:49 AM

Nov 2012
Glad its 26 episodes, since it's an original so more build up is always welcome.
In this episode meet Sebastian, your eternally loyal shitsuji, and a new transfer student which is unfortunately just Ken. Will Makina's school life going to be okay? Getting an emergency call from UN in the mid of class and taking the classes off lika that. Lol.
May 9, 2016 2:00 PM

Apr 2008
Rei366 said:
Nanashi said:

Yes, especially since he has to type the word first. By the way, how do you input kanji on japanese keyboards? Only with "nouns" or do you have to select the right symbol after?

You type the word in hiragana and then computer comes up with a list of words in kanji, and you pick the one you need.

_____________"The Baseball team is here to f~ck you up" - Wakana
May 9, 2016 9:33 PM

Jun 2013
Another great episode as usual:)
May 9, 2016 10:04 PM

May 2015
this show do more better and better, hopefully the rating was going up
May 10, 2016 6:11 AM

Nov 2011
The fact that the narrative focuses on the daily lives of the characters, to the detriment of the action, I do not mind. The narrative, however, is pleasant and friendly, this is enough for me. The script meets my expectations, drawings and animations, very good, ditto the sets, the ties that bind the characters are delineated gradually promoted! I see certain parallels between this episode and the fifth episode of Kiznaiver, although still very weak.
May 10, 2016 10:59 PM

Apr 2011
Good episode. Nice to see someone likes Yukina. But she isn't looking good but she has Ken's back that sparked a flag.

Speaking of school life. My attention has been caught by Noelle and Mika. Noelle is so damn cute and pretty. Mika is one fine cutie as well.

I don't care if this is underrated. I'm enjoying this series so far. I'll probably pile up the episodes before watching again.
May 11, 2016 1:49 AM

Apr 2013
Really loving this show~
May 11, 2016 11:37 AM

Mar 2011
those two idiots on the bike are obviously going to get in the way next episode, ugh. hate those kinds of characters.
May 11, 2016 1:46 PM

Oct 2008
oh those hot legs/thighs + short school skirt of Mika make her alluring!
This episode Ken is really trying hard to catch-up to the modern world especially new words.
Yukina is forced to be a soldier LOL!
at the end...Kyojin Samurai Mechs descends again!
4/5.

May 12, 2016 12:30 PM

Aug 2012
I really love this show, the animation is so great!!
And the fact that it's action-military but that there's a little bit of slice of life makes it really nice imo! It's slow but I appreciate every minute, it's not simply a mecha-action there's this little bit of PA slice of life that I find quite refreshing and rare (sometime in those mix there's too much comedy or parody, but Kuromukuro keeps being serious while adding a slice of life aspect, and (maybe I) developped relationships between the characters)
To me this is an absolute success so far I!!

Anyway about this ep, I'm sure the Sebastian name is a very clear reference to Black Butler x)

Very excited to see there's i gonna be 26 ep!!
May 12, 2016 1:01 PM

Nov 2015
The second half got really interesting

May 12, 2016 1:35 PM
Apr 2016
I know I'm late to the party lol, but I just can't handle how this anime handles details so well while (seemingly) messing up entire story beats... like the Sebastian character is funny, but he's a hard sell for one of our four core mech pilots. Coincidentally high school stories are overdone to hell and back, but Ken wearing the uniform in the way that's most comfortable for him is a good character detail.

I just don't understand how a single anime can give such nice attention to things like establishing a background character as someone who frequently films things casually, but can totally fail to write a story which (at this point in the show) is compelling as a shounen/action piece.
May 12, 2016 2:23 PM

Feb 2015
i enjoy this anime a lot tbh. i don't know what to say. SoL pretty much in this episode. maybe that's why...Ken is getting more funnier too everye pisode XD
i just enjoy everything especially the comedy :D and it's gettin more interesting. that guy who likes Yukina...i kinda feel bad for him tho...
"Get on! Yukina! I need you..."
Wohoooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!! XD
action in the next episode. looking foward to it.
YizelTroMay 12, 2016 2:29 PM
May 15, 2016 2:27 AM

Aug 2013
Oh, well, mecha animation in TV show in this anime looked whole universe better than actual mechas in this show. WTF...
Dub = fake crap. Always.
May 16, 2016 12:28 PM

Feb 2013
Sophie is jealous... I guess because she wants to pilot the big one.

Nice cliffhanger there.
May 16, 2016 5:49 PM
Dec 2013
One thing I'm finding is that the OST is consistently impressing me in this show.
Absolutely fantastic. This is definitely one of my favorite shows of the season. :>
Jun 6, 2016 9:28 AM
Mar 2013
Hmm, I don't like Sophie or Sebastian at all.
Although I liked the episode, it seemed somewhat weaker than the previous ones, especially with the addition of unlikeable tropes which were previously being avoided; episode 4 was absolutely stellar.
Jun 19, 2016 2:16 PM

Oct 2014
Lol Kuroshitsuji ref with the butler guy wanting to be called Sebastian.
RainyRai said:

>not appreciating how much of a cunt Asuka is
How disgusting tbh
Jul 1, 2016 12:34 PM

Jan 2012
So dumb it's painful. Making uneducated barbarian high schooler.
Sep 25, 2016 5:19 AM

Apr 2012
lol that little bridge was able to support that 300 ton mech huh
Jan 9, 2017 3:40 AM

Mar 2015
Pacing is a bit slow but nice to see they'll be jumping into action next
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 27, 2017 11:41 AM

Jun 2008
Ok putting the pilots aside(those guys will probably be a help handling the support mechas) will this three guys at school really contribute to anything? Why are we meeting this characters exactly? The guy with a crush on her has a purpose?
He seems like a useless wimpy stalker really.
Is he like gonna make her his girlfriend by the end? Gonna confess? Or he is there for some stupid triangle that isn't even real because none has a real relationship with her anyway?
I mean if it was a romantic comedy or a romantic drama, slice of life etc then maybe that will just help to add to the plot and having something to watch but do we need this shit in a mecha with aliens?
We have mecha and aliens and all that shit, we don't need such things to fill the time.

HumbertoZero said:
The episode was interesting, funny and entertaining. But too much of "sorry teacher, we are skipping class because we have to fight giant robots and save the world!" Oh, I'm too old for this shit xD

I know the feeling.
Mar 29, 2017 9:11 AM
Jun 2013
not a bad school episode. Had some funny moments and I feel bad for red head band guy since he doesint stand a chance. Also seems his phone friend is a perv. I kinda like the fake tv show they were watching. It feels like it could actually exist since jpn does anime pretty much about everything.
Jul 24, 2017 4:17 AM
Aug 2014
Still with the collar. With how they are treating Kennosuke I hoped he'd tell the U.N. to fuck off till they start treating him a little better seeing as he's the only one who can actually fight of the aliens.
Apr 6, 2018 9:06 PM

Jul 2016
I dont give a fuck about the mechs.

I just want to see more of a samurai trying to live in the modern world.
Apr 8, 2018 3:26 AM

Dec 2012
Mika is back.
A boy likes Yukina?
LMAO at Kennosuke being the transfer student.
LMAO at dat Engrish!
Kennosuke getting owned by CQC.
LMAO at Toshiyuki wanting to be called Sebastian because he's a butler. You will never be Sebas-chan.
These guys are smart. Mika is best girl. Dat Mika oppai. Dem Mika legs.
LMAO at dudes trying to get a pantsu shot.
Kennosuke needs to be introduced to Persona so he can learn what it means.
Who is that cute chick with the glasses?
Her name is Marina.
Oh, I have some concerns all right.
How the fock are you going to be disappointed at his reasons? He comes from the past. You know nothing about the past. His reasons are justified whether you like it or not.
So Kennosuke knows how to put on earphones easily.
LMAO WTF! Was Kennosuke just making noises so that he steed would go faster like a horse?
The yellow demon is back.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
May 10, 2018 5:18 PM
Mar 2018
Lorezhno said:
Still with the collar. With how they are treating Kennosuke I hoped he'd tell the U.N. to fuck off till they start treating him a little better seeing as he's the only one who can actually fight of the aliens.

I agree the only one who seems to treat him with any kind of respect is the monk. They are treating him like he is less than nothing when he is the only one who has actually fought them from before.

I am having a big problem with how many times he's getting his ass kicked. That Sophie girl has absolutely no right to be disappointed in him for what she thinks he should be. His entire clan were slaughtered and then wiped from history, what other reason would there be for him to fight, for people who treat him like a stupid dog? He fights for his own reasons he doesn't have to please her she is nothing to him but a chick who was a first rate bitch from the moment he met her.

For everyone to treat him like an ignorant dunce is irritating, weren't samurai's the nobility of the time? Which means he was educated in more ways than the sword.
Nov 19, 2018 2:29 AM

Jul 2013
Ok so now we see the difference in their languages. Some modern words that Kennosuke don't know. Some interesting supporting characters too. But what I want to know is how come 450 years ago they have this very advanced very unknown technology like the artifact and the "horse" lol.
Feb 3, 2020 10:42 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
This series is so reminiscent of the early 00's mecha genre. But that's not necessarily a bad thing.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuromukuro Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2016

107 by JVskunkape »»
May 25, 1:31 AM

Poll: » Kuromukuro Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2016

142 by JVskunkape »»
May 23, 5:26 AM

Poll: » Kuromukuro Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 26, 2016

66 by lisalosthername »»
Apr 24, 2023 3:24 AM

Poll: » Kuromukuro Episode 18 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2016

46 by L01MK »»
Feb 3, 2023 3:50 PM

» 5 Years Anniversary Event

bastek66 - May 11, 2021

1 by Cabron »»
Mar 26, 2022 12:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.