Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 24, 2016 10:13 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I feel like this episode was more like mindless action although some pretty good action in the PSO2 world. Glad to see at Itsuki being a credible threat since I was worried that he might be weak against some of those monsters. The insert song used worked nice I guess.

Really wish the story was better but whatever.
Stark700Mar 24, 2016 10:20 AM
Mar 24, 2016 11:59 AM

Apr 2010
Things have gotten interesting guess one more episode to go.
Hopefully they manage to save Rina.
Mar 25, 2016 11:12 PM

Aug 2010
I liked the action this episode. Not really much going on story wise, everything was pretty predictable too.
Mar 25, 2016 11:25 PM
Jul 2018
Itsuki and the others were working together in order to save Izumi.

The action was good in this episode!
Mar 26, 2016 5:54 AM

Jun 2013
nice action at least
Mar 26, 2016 7:50 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Finally we get to see the other guys in action like the married couple. Itsuki sure had his hands full at school. Like having to explain why Rina is absent. I thought Itsuki handled the situation as best as he could.

Kota getting scolded by Aika's friends. "Don't casually call Aika, Ai Ai" lol

The preview for next episode at the end of the credits, well...

Mar 26, 2016 9:09 AM

Sep 2015
Wowowowoowow stop it ! This insert song is awful ( ゚ Д゚)
Mar 26, 2016 9:53 AM

Aug 2013
And then begins the final battle, and the final villain is actually Rina, all this was expected, this episode was full of cliches, the heroin need to be saved, friends arriving at the last moment to help the protagonist, and then the lonely struggle of Itsuki and Aika to bring Rina back, but it was a good development, the action was also very good, I really am enjoying this adaptation, I look forward to see the last episode and see if there will be a really romantic end to this anime ..

This was quite cliche ..
Mar 26, 2016 1:15 PM

Apr 2015
Episode was OK at best. Itsuki looked a little more badass than usual. At least we finally got to see the beginning of the anime in this episode where they are all fighting to save Rina.
Mar 26, 2016 3:34 PM

Feb 2015
good episode with a typical jrpg set up for the final boss. I do quite enjoy this series even though it's quite trashy. Looking forward to the final episode.
Mar 26, 2016 6:07 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
It couldn't be more cliche :/

2/5
Mar 26, 2016 8:08 PM

Oct 2011
Awesome episode !!!!
Mar 27, 2016 12:43 AM
Mar 2012
bad insert but good fight.
Konoe fights like a flying Kratos god of war. Those two snipers seem powerful.
Beetle boss had quite some menace & difficulty.
Random earth shift?
Mar 27, 2016 2:37 AM

Feb 2015
the story indeed got interesting in this episode but! the action....somehow it was just a meh...action in this episode to me. probably because of the CGI/3D not really well made in my opinion, i wish they make it into 2D tho.....

So everyone were helping Itsuki and Suzuki from outside not inside the game. i really wish all of them would went inside the game and fight together with him. that would looked much coller.
drama_menck said:

This was quite cliche ..

yeah...i cringe at that scene.
Mar 27, 2016 3:50 AM

Dec 2013
Sorry but this show can't help but implode upon it's own logic sometimes and it really is cringe worthy.
First off, they introduce PSO2 as a game that allows the interplanetary peacekeeping task force to discover and recruit talent from different planets to fight in a real interplanetary world with so called Darkers.

Then they specifically stated that Itsuki was a special case in showing that he had what it took to materialize his battle suit in real life, and hence was invited to participate in the interplanetary war, which judging by how they were interacting in the last few episodes, was NOT something that was in the PSO2 Game itself.

Now suddenly in the penultimate episode of this fiasco, we suddenly have ALL those friends of theirs suddenly intruding on their little planetary war like they were brought into a GAME mission???? Wait, am I missing something here? Why would their friends suddenly ALL acquire the same power as Itsuki and be fighting in a Non-Game war on another planet? How did they acquire their powers? How come that organization that Ai-Ai was in not detect them as potentials before this mission? Heck, how the fucking hell did all these guys even get zapped to this Darkers planet unnoticed by those ARKs guys anyway? That must've been some serious security breach in space....

Does this show even bother to take itself seriously? Or is it just sacrificing logic just to showcase everything that's suppose to be cool in PSO2?
HESTIAAPPROVES
Mar 27, 2016 11:52 AM
Mar 2016
L-Ryoshi said:
Sorry but this show can't help but implode upon it's own logic sometimes and it really is cringe worthy.
First off, they introduce PSO2 as a game that allows the interplanetary peacekeeping task force to discover and recruit talent from different planets to fight in a real interplanetary world with so called Darkers.

Then they specifically stated that Itsuki was a special case in showing that he had what it took to materialize his battle suit in real life, and hence was invited to participate in the interplanetary war, which judging by how they were interacting in the last few episodes, was NOT something that was in the PSO2 Game itself.

Now suddenly in the penultimate episode of this fiasco, we suddenly have ALL those friends of theirs suddenly intruding on their little planetary war like they were brought into a GAME mission???? Wait, am I missing something here? Why would their friends suddenly ALL acquire the same power as Itsuki and be fighting in a Non-Game war on another planet? How did they acquire their powers? How come that organization that Ai-Ai was in not detect them as potentials before this mission? Heck, how the fucking hell did all these guys even get zapped to this Darkers planet unnoticed by those ARKs guys anyway? That must've been some serious security breach in space....

Does this show even bother to take itself seriously? Or is it just sacrificing logic just to showcase everything that's suppose to be cool in PSO2?

You clearly misunderstand a lot of part to the point I think there is in need of make a lot of thing clear

1. Arks isn't the one who create PSO2 as a Game
They do not recruit talent from different Planets either
some those so called "NPC" even said the "Sudden increase in unregistered Arks member" mysteriously and is in need of investigate
( happen in anime )

"the interplanetary peacekeeping task force to discover and recruit talent from different planets"
where the hell did you get that kind of idea from?

there is more to it about "Unregistered arks", "Earth PSO2"
and it will fall into the game story part so I will not mention about it

2. Itsuki is special case but he isn't invited until he know everything
It already inevitable because of his awaken toward photon
it will be easy for Darker to noticed him
Like it or not, he need to fight for himself leave him alone without proper understand or training and he will soon got kidnapped and become a new Dark Falz host

3. Dark Falz revival is state to be able to revived eventually after defeat each time under the right host
Darker actively find a right host body from unawaken Earthling since it easy target for them unlike Arks
also It is also a reality that this happening and Itsuki himself got told that now he is 'useless" cannot do anything about this

4. His friend is still using Game Character to assisted Itsuki
it also point to "my first answer"
You just "assume by yourself" that they also awaken

Arks also issue emergency statement and prepare for war
obviously there will be a lot of operatives went on a mission to protect the "base"
As long as they're under Arks banner they have right to participate in the mission

seriously you make your own assumption without even understand it correctly
and call this bad logic? sigh**
mickbisMar 27, 2016 12:10 PM
Mar 27, 2016 7:38 PM

Dec 2013
mickbis said:
L-Ryoshi said:

You clearly misunderstand a lot of part to the point I think there is in need of make a lot of thing clear

some those so called "NPC" even said the "Sudden increase in unregistered Arks member" mysteriously and is in need of investigate
( happen in anime )

"the interplanetary peacekeeping task force to discover and recruit talent from different planets"

Like it or not, he need to fight for himself leave him alone without proper understand or training and he will soon got kidnapped and become a new Dark Falz host

3. Dark Falz revival is state to be able to revived eventually after defeat each time under the right host
Darker actively find a right host body from unawaken Earthling since it easy target for them unlike Arks
also It is also a reality that this happening and Itsuki himself got told that now he is 'useless" cannot do anything about this

obviously there will be a lot of operatives went on a mission to protect the "base"
As long as they're under Arks banner they have right to participate in the mission

Actually your "explanation" makes it even more confusing.
They clearly stated in the previous episodes that they aren't "In a Game".

How did his friends manage to come to his aid in a place that isn't "In a Game"

Also, the explanation for "they just Awakened" is pure bullshit. If they all had the potential to do all that before this, why the hell were they not recruited before?

All this crap about Itsuki being a special case then becomes a moot point from then on as well, since apparently EVERYONE can jump into a character in game to fight in a war thats obviously NOT "In a Game".

Seriously, if this was all a game, the best way to solve the issue with Darkers is simple, just pull the friggin plug on the servers and be done with it. All this Darkers appearing in real life stuff is pure bullshit and you know it.

Explain all that before you start slating other people.
I still can't think of this as anything more than a shitty narrative to pander to fans of the game.
L-RyoshiMar 27, 2016 7:41 PM
HESTIAAPPROVES
Mar 28, 2016 1:14 AM
Sep 2014
L-Ryoshi said:

Also, the explanation for "they just Awakened" is pure bullshit. If they all had the potential to do all that before this, why the hell were they not recruited before?

All this crap about Itsuki being a special case then becomes a moot point from then on as well, since apparently EVERYONE can jump into a character in game to fight in a war thats obviously NOT "In a Game".

Seriously, if this was all a game, the best way to solve the issue with Darkers is simple, just pull the friggin plug on the servers and be done with it. All this Darkers appearing in real life stuff is pure bullshit and you know it.

I still can't think of this as anything more than a shitty narrative to pander to fans of the game.

The idea is that all the worlds and conflicts happening in-game are real and happening elsewhere in the universe. We don't know who was behind the game being the way it is in-universe, acting as an interface for civilians to control a real, supposedly soulless body to fight for ARKS, but the Darkers exist in that universe whether the "servers" are up or not, and they merely exploit this interface as a means to quickly travel to Earth.

The attack on the mining base is an in-game event known as Mining Base Defence. All players get to take part in it. And it just so happens that since Dark Falz is controlling Rina to resurrect itself, and its real body is hidden under the mining base, this particular incidence of MBD is caused by the controlled Rina attacking the base. Which means that in the anime, both the players and the "real" ARKS operatives may choose to take part, and no one has the right to stop them. In other words, as long as Itsuki and Aika stay on a path accessible in-game, i.e. a path that's not say, blocked by invisible walls, their allies (who are all players) can follow and assist them. But when the wall rose up like that, the players could no longer follow them, since there is no feature in the game that allows you to fly or scale walls.
Mar 28, 2016 7:05 AM

Dec 2012
Good action in this episode. Some parts were clicl'es but still entertaining. I hope Rina x Itsuki will be real
Mar 28, 2016 7:56 AM
Mar 2016
L-Ryoshi said:
mickbis said:

( happen in anime )

Obviously they are not "in the Game" yet those "real people" existed and live along with Game Character even you could understand the meaning of this right?

You just "assume in your head" that "The Game and The Reality" are two different place while it really clear that they're "the very same place"

I will clearly put on a big connection spoil then
-- Someone make a technology that allow super internet communication ( Episode 2 Rina explanation )
-- They also make PSO2 as a Game that pre-install in their ESC-A Operating System
-- The Game itself can be a portal to another Universe where Arks Located
-- People created "In game character" While they're the character
It also appear as real as human on the other side
-- They're increasing in Number recently and appear as a normal human on that side so normal people who don't know the whole truth will not be able to differentiate them from normal Arks
-- Itsuki friend and Itsuki himself pre-awakening fall in to this type of Arks
They going on exterminate Darker like normal Arks do and not become a threat to the Organization so people cannot do anything since this also benefits them
They just let the Information Division do the gathering of this mysterious
-- Itsuki Photon already awaken thus he cannot avoid using his real life body to participate in war while his friend still can
"He already become one with his in-game character"
using game Character also don't mean they're safe
Aika did warn Kohta that they could get attack IRL the game is a Portal after all
and those kidnapped case

Also quoting from your last reply
"the explanation for "they just Awakened" is pure bullshit. If they all had the potential to do all that before this, why the hell were they not recruited before?
"
I did state clearly
and you not even read my explanation
"4. His friend is still using Game Character to assisted Itsuki
You just "assume by yourself" that they also awaken"
and also I did answer that
"Arks do not recruited anyone from different planet.."
Itsuki is special case as explain by Aika boss
he didn't even denied that he is going to use Itsuki as Darker Bait

come on stop assuming without try listen to other
mickbisMar 28, 2016 8:21 AM
Mar 28, 2016 8:48 AM

Dec 2013
mickbis said:
L-Ryoshi said:

Obviously they are not "in the Game" yet those "real people" existed and live along with Game Character even you could understand the meaning of this right?

You just "assume in your head" that "The Game and The Reality" are two different place while it really clear that they're "the very same place"

-- Someone make a technology that allow super internet communication ( Episode 2 Rina explanation )
-- They also make PSO2 as a Game that pre-install in their ESC-A Operating System
-- They're increasing in Number recently and appear as a normal human on that side so normal people who don't know the whole truth will not be able to differentiate them from normal Arks
They going on exterminate Darker like normal Arks do and not become a threat to the Organization so people cannot do anything since this also benefits them
-- Itsuki Photon already awaken thus he cannot avoid using his real life body to participate in war while his friend still can
Aika did warn Kohta that they could get attack IRL the game is a Portal after all
and those kidnapped case

"the explanation for "they just Awakened" is pure bullshit. If they all had the potential to do all that before this, why the hell were they not recruited before?
"
I did state clearly

Still it makes no sense.
First off, if the game was a portal to another universe, why would Itsuki be a "special case"? Basically you're saying that anyone with a console would be able to travel the universe in the guise of playing a game. We all know for a fact that this isn't some sort of psycho-dive and clearly every player of the game is playing with their hands controlling a console, it's not like they're sending their consciousness into the game here. they're playing an avatar, one which they can change at will so long as they use another account(As Rena showed).

ARKs being a real organization in the universe is connecting to these "Avatars" via their connection to the game is using the game to fight evil forces in the universe. Let's assume that you are correct in saying that they are recruiting people from Earth to participate in the fight by creating "Avatars" to take on Darkers in the form of a "Game". That still does not send someone's consciousness to another planet/universe when you play your game on the console. Those characters created by people playing the game are still just that, characters in a game. It's not like they're a part of a player's soul or anything now are they? We've seen it during the course of this anime when people just log out or stop playing the game mid-way to do Real Life stuff. That's already proof that players on Earth aren't actually sending their consciousness into the game, ergo it's just their avatar being "sent" to the far reaches of the universe to participate in ARKs created missions.

Now lets ask some questions: Why would ARKs even create such a portal to another universe? Why do they need specifically to recruit human gamer avatars to fight in an interplanetary war UNDER THE GUISE OF A GAME? Why would they introduce such a dangerous force such as Darkers to the people of a planet (Earth) that are unprepared to deal with such a threat and don't even have IRL technology to deal with these alien lifeforms? So is ARKs basically an organization that wants to create a portal between Darkers and Earth so that Earthlings can come into contact with these evil aliens of the universe and be destroyed?

As I said before, the entire premises makes absolutely no sense. An organization from another universe creates a portal to introduce a planet of an ill-prepared species (that being humans) to take on a very real and dangerous threat in the universe by selling this portal off as a game whereby said species creates avatars to fight a war for the organization and kill said real threats on the other side of the galaxy? All the while said organization disregards the fact that the very real alien threat (Darkers) are able to come to Earth via said Portal to kidnap/kill innocent players of the game? All the while not informing the governments of said Earth of this major threat coming from said portal?

Come up with a better explanation for all this please. Cause from the way I see it, ARKs are pretty much as evil an organization as the Darkers are if that's the full story here.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Mar 28, 2016 10:51 AM
Mar 2016
L-Ryoshi said:
mickbis said:

and those kidnapped case

"
I did state clearly

Still it makes no sense.
First off, if the game was a portal to another universe, why would Itsuki be a "special case"? Basically you're saying that anyone with a console would be able to travel the universe in the guise of playing a game. We all know for a fact that this isn't some sort of psycho-dive and clearly every player of the game is playing with their hands controlling a console, it's not like they're sending their consciousness into the game here. they're playing an avatar, one which they can change at will so long as they use another account(As Rena showed).

ARKs being a real organization in the universe is connecting to these "Avatars" via their connection to the game is using the game to fight evil forces in the universe. Let's assume that you are correct in saying that they are recruiting people from Earth to participate in the fight by creating "Avatars" to take on Darkers in the form of a "Game". That still does not send someone's consciousness to another planet/universe when you play your game on the console. Those characters created by people playing the game are still just that, characters in a game. It's not like they're a part of a player's soul or anything now are they? We've seen it during the course of this anime when people just log out or stop playing the game mid-way to do Real Life stuff. That's already proof that players on Earth aren't actually sending their consciousness into the game, ergo it's just their avatar being "sent" to the far reaches of the universe to participate in ARKs created missions.

Now lets ask some questions: Why would ARKs even create such a portal to another universe? Why do they need specifically to recruit human gamer avatars to fight in an interplanetary war UNDER THE GUISE OF A GAME? Why would they introduce such a dangerous force such as Darkers to the people of a planet (Earth) that are unprepared to deal with such a threat and don't even have IRL technology to deal with these alien lifeforms? So is ARKs basically an organization that wants to create a portal between Darkers and Earth so that Earthlings can come into contact with these evil aliens of the universe and be destroyed?

As I said before, the entire premises makes absolutely no sense. An organization from another universe creates a portal to introduce a planet of an ill-prepared species (that being humans) to take on a very real and dangerous threat in the universe by selling this portal off as a game whereby said species creates avatars to fight a war for the organization and kill said real threats on the other side of the galaxy? All the while said organization disregards the fact that the very real alien threat (Darkers) are able to come to Earth via said Portal to kidnap/kill innocent players of the game? All the while not informing the governments of said Earth of this major threat coming from said portal?

Come up with a better explanation for all this please. Cause from the way I see it, ARKs are pretty much as evil an organization as the Darkers are if that's the full story here.

Nope still you got it wrong at the beginning
the correct one is
"Arks is not the one who created Earth PSO2 nor given their technology to Earth"

Arks themselves didn't know planet called "Earth" before this incident
since it location is on different universe
kind of like different game suddenly connected
The only one who know everything is the Intelligence/Information Division
which Aika belong too
and they didn't even told what they discover toward the Supreme Commander
they just upload Japanese/Earth language to the entire fleet Database

As for Itsuki and how he is special
you need to understand the concept of "PSO2 Photon"
[ Photon is the energy that existed within almost every planet and living bring
It also react highly toward strong emotion both positive and negative ]
Even in the Oracle Fleet there still a lot of civilian with very low Photon affinity and they cannot join Arks since Photon is the only thing that can neutralize Darker
Itsuki just happen to be Earthling who born with highest Photon affinity
other people can awaken toward Photon too they just don't know what "Photon" is
"the closest example I can think of is the world who don't understand the concept of Gravity, Gravity exited but people just don't know what it is"
unlike Arks who trained to used Photon and all of their technology relate to utilize using that Photon Energy

Also I didn't even said that they recruit people to fight for them
It just suddenly there a lot of unknown people that can appear and disappear suddenly around you and you don't know what exactly happen
Those people also willing to take any mission available thinking they just "Playing Game"
so Arks sent the "Intelligence Division" to investigate
That the whole situation until now and this Intelligence Division didn't even report anything back

Those game Avatar look like it base on Photon energy but it still not confirmed as of game current episode due to the interference from Earth side before we could get the sample data we want
basically normal Earthling causing their fake body to appear in Arks Ship
by controlling something akin to a remote control robot that might fuel by Photon Energy
and Arks don't know the origin of this people
so they ignore them for now since those fake body help exterminate Darker too
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I will explain more what happen and the thing that will not be explore further in Anime the Origin of Earth PSO2 Game
The one who is most likely responsible for created "The Portal" that connect Earth and Oracle Fleet
so it fall into the Game Story which start (from our character and Arks perspective) after the end of Anime time

Earth suddenly discovered new type of energy and call it "Ether/Ethel" ( Mention in Episode 2 during Aika talk with Rina )
The organization called ESC-A then start planting the Ethel distribution tower across the world and use it as "Super Extreme High Speed Internet"
ESC-A also responsible in developed new type of OS call ESC-A and come with pre-installed online game "PSO2" basically an equivalent to Window
also this Earth PSO2 use Ethel technology to play....

From the information at hand
this Ethel is closely related to Photon energy
that why Arks and Darker can warp into the Earth
once we know the location by tracing Photon left behind by Earthling
it become easy to travel between universe

also this Ether is the main suspect of the strange thing that happen on Earth
Unmanned Train went out of control ( Boss fight foreshadowing )
Car suddenly uncontrollable
Walking vending machine (lol)
everything also bring mention in Anime it just it not the main focus issue
mickbisMar 28, 2016 11:29 AM
Mar 28, 2016 2:10 PM

Nov 2015
Nice action and Itsuki was a badass in this.

Mar 29, 2016 6:56 AM

Nov 2011
Storytelling that mixes hackneyed situations with others who do not know of déjà vu, pretty enjoyable overall the episode, I hope the final is not too obvious, but it has a certain originality, which is very unlikely. Drawings and animations, decent, CG enough.

Nice end card, The design style reminds of T2, is not it?
Apr 4, 2016 12:11 PM

Dec 2012
Good episode. Can't say that I'll miss this but it was an okay watch overall.
Apr 5, 2016 6:11 PM

May 2014
Decent action. I wonder if one's gonna confess love :o
Apr 9, 2016 4:11 PM

Feb 2013
More evil-Rina please. Love the new look.

Oct 10, 2016 7:09 AM

Mar 2013
i liked when they kill thye guy
Oct 11, 2016 6:06 PM

Nov 2013
So, Rina is now possessed by Dark Flez and Itsuki and Aika have to hurry, before the ARKS start their assault.

Rina was kind of sexy in her evil form.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi

More topics from this board

» It makes sense that they'd make this series...

vigorousjammer - Sep 19, 2015

4 by Lucifrost »»
Jul 17, 2022 2:37 PM

Poll: » Phantasy Star Online 2 The Animation Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2016

35 by Shikkakku »»
Dec 11, 2020 4:07 AM

Poll: » Phantasy Star Online 2 The Animation Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 14, 2016

51 by Shikkakku »»
Dec 6, 2020 6:25 AM

Poll: » Phantasy Star Online 2 The Animation Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2016

132 by Shikkakku »»
Dec 6, 2020 12:56 AM

Poll: » Phantasy Star Online 2 The Animation Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2016

64 by TechOtaku »»
Apr 29, 2020 9:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.