Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 8, 2015 6:27 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp so we get a little background story about Akari this episode. Cute although not pleasant with also Momoka involved.
But I gotta say, it was a bad idea to mess with Aria or her friends because that evoked Akari's rage to fight :o

Stark700Dec 8, 2015 8:54 AM
Dec 8, 2015 7:22 AM

Apr 2010
So things have started.
I have to say the start of this episode was a bit rushed.
But it seems the enemy's objective is clear and she is not going to be taken out easily.
Which should make next week interesting.
Dec 8, 2015 10:05 AM

Dec 2011
Didn't expect that Akari's past would be this intense. She is a real prodigy of the Mamiya... and with the context, looks like the poison Kyochikutou is talking about is the killing technique. Not a real poison.

It's getting really good. >.<
I wish we could have seen more of Aria and Kinji's operation before Aria got hospitalized.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 8, 2015 10:47 AM

Feb 2015
can they just continue the goddamn origanstory!!! after watching this episode, now i really want them to contiue the original story.
The operation in this episode, operation AA was so stupid.
Akari threw a flashbang but she didn't wear a anti flashbang glasses or something like that.... and she told her that she was surrounded by her friends, did she really need to say that? And in the end, how can that woman with black hair was floating in the air?
Dec 8, 2015 10:48 AM

Dec 2014
Finally, After 9 episodes the plot is beginning. Things are starting to go down and we finally learnt about Akari's past.

Really liked how Aria asked the girls to recite the Butei code, It was cool.

So it has begun, Operation AA, Though the name was very predictable :P.
Dec 8, 2015 10:52 AM
Jul 2018
We get a backstory about Akari.
Dec 8, 2015 11:38 AM

Jun 2011
Aria at this point in the timeline should be depressed about the scar on her forehead and just of had a big argument with Kinji becoming disillusioned at Kinji being her partner and working with others. She should not be in a decent mental state right now and her frame of mind should not be one speaking about working as a team. Her whole mood in this episode is just so disjointed from the main series and does not match up and she should be swarmed with thoughts of the Butei killer and her own mothers sentence along with how pressed for time she is.
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Dec 8, 2015 11:53 AM

Feb 2013
KirbyRawr said:
Aria at this point in the timeline should be depressed about the scar on her forehead and just of had a big argument with Kinji becoming disillusioned at Kinji being her partner and working with others. She should not be in a decent mental state right now and her frame of mind should not be one speaking about working as a team. Her whole mood in this episode is just so disjointed from the main series and does not match up and she should be swarmed with thoughts of the Butei killer and her own mothers sentence along with how pressed for time she is.

Wait, so this is the point when Aria gets the forehead scar? Then why the hell was her hairstyle the post-scar covering her forehead style the whole time? I don't get it...
I'm just gonna pretend that the original and AA are alternate universe and save myself some headache...
Dec 8, 2015 11:55 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
This entire season has been pretty mediocre, but honestly it's actually getting really good just towards the end here
Dec 8, 2015 12:24 PM

Sep 2015
For more information that the anime wont tell or only happens in the future season 2 IF there is one, Mamiya clan is actually not small. They also consist of other branch families too, with Akari's family as the main head. Akari's father also has 2 wives if i remember correctly, her mom as main and the other wife settle as a branch. Just like the old tradition clan in Japan, Step-siblings cant talk normally with Akari's because of position difference... which sprout antagonism later after Kyouchikutou incident =(
After Mamiya clan is destroyed 2 years ago by MANY I-U members like Vlad,Patra and ... (anime only showed Kyochikutou sadly), the families separated all over Japan.
valvravetruthDec 8, 2015 12:45 PM
Dec 8, 2015 1:09 PM

Aug 2013
Having not finished the original series (and maybe it's for the better at this point in time), I can say that this has finally taken a delightfully serious route. However... with only two episodes left, just how good can it get?

Literally everyone wants a piece of Akari in this show, even her enemies, lmao. I really want to see Akari show her true power in the next episode though, since Kyouchikutou seems like no pushover.
Dec 8, 2015 1:28 PM

Jul 2012
An alright episode, and of course, the power of friendship is strong...
Dec 8, 2015 1:28 PM

Jun 2011
AnAsianBrony said:
Having not finished the original series (and maybe it's for the better at this point in time), I can say that this has finally taken a delightfully serious route. However... with only two episodes left, just how good can it get?

Literally everyone wants a piece of Akari in this show, even her enemies, lmao. I really want to see Akari show her true power in the next episode though, since Kyouchikutou seems like no pushover.

You manage to get this far into this series but not finish the original series seriously? I am not saying Hidan no Aria was amazing but it is much better than this and a fun watch. It is even re-watchable and I enjoyed it more when I marathoned it recently when this series first started, though the problems I had with it as an adaptation still remain.
This is not a good series it took till the end of the anime for any real plot to kick in and has been littered with Yuri fillers for most of the anime. It is not even a well created spin off with bad and empty cameos spread out through the series and inconsistencies in the timeline and characters and they are poorly sticking to the Butei world that was created in the main series.

If you need an example of a well created spin off then Railgun is a good example with the manga being a very good spin off of the Index light novel.
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Dec 8, 2015 2:11 PM

Mar 2013
Quite the contrary, this show is a lot better then Hidan no Aria.
Dec 8, 2015 2:14 PM

Apr 2015
Fipse said:

LOL
#CHEXIT
Dec 8, 2015 2:26 PM

Aug 2015
what? there is some plot in this series after all!? :O
Dec 8, 2015 2:41 PM
May 2014
Aww I was so excited for this episode and was super disappointed. Last episode had great setup but I feel like this was just a rushed all-over-the-place episode. Aria got hurt, then she needs to go to hotel, then sis gets hurt, then Aria is magically all ok!!! Ugh if this was split into two episodes, with one focusing on Akari self-reflecting and a view of her past (and rather than blurting out the whole secret within 30 seconds, the one mystery of the entire other 9 episodes) and then another episode where she gets picked up and has a bit more suspense then her going to the hotel and beginnings her plan that would've been so great... At least in my opinion.
Dec 8, 2015 3:27 PM
Nov 2015
Hoping the next episode's fight scene doesn't end up like the quartet fight simply because Akari is told that Butei should not kill.
Dec 8, 2015 3:41 PM

Aug 2013
This episode is the best one yet. Finally this episode shows more of Akari and Nonoka's past and it dives deeper into Akari's personality and her secret abilities. Kyochikutou finally reveal herself to Akari and reveal her motives. And yeah she's also a lesbian and wanting Akari as her main prize. Next episode looks like is going to be more serious so I can't wait!
Dec 8, 2015 4:17 PM

Mar 2014
Fipse said:
I agree the orginal can not touch AA
Heyy want to learn about Buddhism??

If so please come check out my youtube channel were I talk about Buddhism and how to use to live a happy life

How chanting Nom Myoho Renge Kyo Changed My Life
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03KNUf3ZA28

How Buddhism helped me overcome COVID

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVJru9p8Qoo
Dec 8, 2015 4:30 PM

May 2015
So now the story starts moving. About time. Background story was decent. That preview though.

Dec 8, 2015 5:03 PM

Jun 2014
Little Akari pulling the heart out of the straw doll is just too friggin cute lol XD

The last scene in the preview seems pretty intense but I doubt we'll get to see her actually use the technique.
Dec 8, 2015 5:22 PM
Nov 2012
Txunere said:
An alright episode, and of course, the power of friendship is strong...

Shame they afk'd outside #plot
Dec 8, 2015 7:29 PM

Jul 2012
We finally learn of Akari's backstory which was to be honest pretty interesting and would love to have learned more about it but it seems that since they waited so long to put this out, this episode and the last 2 will probably be rushed. I felt like they rushed the 1st half with Aria getting hurt and instantly being good after and left Akari with no time to think about everthing and literally just had Aria tell her what she should do so no consequences really. We of course do get the start of what looks to be the final battle and let's see if they do good with this one beacuse the last one I really was dissapointed after getting excited for a battle.

Here is my full review on the episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3Y3lhXuJGE&feature=youtu.be
Dec 8, 2015 7:38 PM
Sep 2014
Cocobean32 said:
Aww I was so excited for this episode and was super disappointed. Last episode had great setup but I feel like this was just a rushed all-over-the-place episode. Aria got hurt, then she needs to go to hotel, then sis gets hurt, then Aria is magically all ok!!! Ugh if this was split into two episodes, with one focusing on Akari self-reflecting and a view of her past (and rather than blurting out the whole secret within 30 seconds, the one mystery of the entire other 9 episodes) and then another episode where she gets picked up and has a bit more suspense then her going to the hotel and beginnings her plan that would've been so great... At least in my opinion.

If you watched the original, you'd have realised that Aria's injury wasn't actually anywhere near life-threatening. Though it was serious enough to knock her out and leave a permanent scar on her forehead.
Dec 8, 2015 8:10 PM

Apr 2011
Good back story. Next episode better show off her real skills.
Dec 8, 2015 9:54 PM

Jun 2013
so there's a plot to this series afterall
Dec 9, 2015 8:45 AM

Oct 2015
Why? Why this serie start to get interesent in the final chapters? why 8 chapts of stalk-yuri?
I am Argentine, so is not very good my English, sorry for the many typing errors.

Dec 9, 2015 9:20 AM
Dec 2009
valvravetruth said:
For more information that the anime wont tell or only happens in the future season 2 IF there is one, Mamiya clan is actually not small. They also consist of other branch families too, with Akari's family as the main head. Akari's father also has 2 wives if i remember correctly, her mom as main and the other wife settle as a branch. Just like the old tradition clan in Japan, Step-siblings cant talk normally with Akari's because of position difference... which sprout antagonism later after Kyouchikutou incident =(
After Mamiya clan is destroyed 2 years ago by MANY I-U members like Vlad,Patra and ... (anime only showed Kyochikutou sadly), the families separated all over Japan.

Hmm About Mamiya clan
[spoiler]It seems you were talking about Hikari here. Actually Akari & Hikari are relatives, not step sisters. The one who had 2 wives is not Akari father, but rather her great grandfather or something. Akari & Nonoka were born into the main family while Hikari, Nozomi, and Kodama into a branch family.[/spolier]
Dec 10, 2015 11:49 AM

Jul 2009
So we finally know the whole true about Akari...
Dec 10, 2015 8:23 PM

Oct 2011
Akari is getting serious now
Dec 12, 2015 7:34 AM

May 2010
This actually got good. Well, almost.
Dec 13, 2015 3:23 AM
Nov 2009
What a fucking waste.

All that good backstory, for naught, telling it in the fucking hospital? Christ, really?

*sigh*
Dec 13, 2015 9:30 PM

Oct 2008
I teared-up a bit on the part where Aria lectures Akari...
next episode is Showdown, Kyouchikutou forces Akari to snap & kill her as opposed to what the values of Butei onto not killing as per Aria.
4/5.

Dec 17, 2015 9:45 PM
Nov 2015
I'm glad we finally find out why there's an "AA" in the title haha!
Dec 23, 2015 6:53 AM

Nov 2011
Finally the plot from a move and begins to advance showing something interesting narrative was much more "noir" atmosphere that is breathed, not bad results. Drawings and animations average, good soundtrack.
Jan 6, 2016 1:23 PM

Jan 2011
terrablu2003 said:
Finally the plot from a move and begins to advance showing something interesting narrative was much more "noir" atmosphere that is breathed, not bad results. Drawings and animations average, good soundtrack.

Too bad only the final few episodes are like this. :'v
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jan 15, 2016 9:12 PM

Dec 2012
Mom definitely got some secret killing techniques with that rack.

AA. Roll credits.

Disappointed in folks who did not figure that out from the start.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jan 31, 2016 5:25 PM

May 2012
Some average melodrama and service, I'm glad this show will be over in two episodes!
Jul 8, 2020 5:34 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
This is so weird how the story totally changed, now it's a confrontation between clans because they poisoned her sister WTF
Sep 10, 2022 3:51 PM
Dec 2013
Damn. That girl has a butterfly tattoo on her butt. That's so hot. Also, nice uncensored ass-shot.

More topics from this board

» Raika is the least likable character in the entire show and probably anime

Neolightveo - Dec 11, 2023

1 by sorames »»
Dec 12, 2023 5:33 AM

» Shoujo Ai?

Mele - Nov 24, 2015

29 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Jan 29, 2023 6:54 AM

» Where does Hidan no Aria AA take place?

SleepySenpaiSama - Oct 10, 2015

23 by Jomi13111 »»
Jun 13, 2021 6:52 PM

Poll: » Hidan no Aria AA Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2015

53 by DmonHiro »»
May 24, 2021 2:25 PM

Poll: » Hidan no Aria AA Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2015

30 by Ashhk »»
Jul 8, 2020 5:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.