Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 11, 2014 6:54 PM

Apr 2014
I know a lot of you disagree, for reasons that I cannot understand, but Senior Private Tokimune Susumu has a lot of interesting and refreshing traits that I've been looking for in anime MCs for a while.

He generally is a cool and level-headed character as it can be seen from his interactions with Jamie. He also has a strong sense of justice, going as far as risking his life and ignoring orders to save complete strangers. I saw a lot of rambling about how stupid was of him to ignore orders and blah blah, but I like him a lot more saving people, than turning his head away and be like "can't be helped, orders are absolute blah".

But, what really caught my attention towards him is the fact that he is capable of expressing a wide array of feelings.

Take for example the opening. There, the expressions he makes when angry or in full rage mode are superb. I've been looking for a long time for a MC with such a strong personality.

If a character can express his extreme feelings like anger so clearly and beautifully, then I have no doubt that such a character will be really great to watch until the end.
Leonhart93Sep 11, 2014 6:57 PM
Sep 12, 2014 12:58 AM

Nov 2013
He's an idealistic moron, I like those characters (unless they somehow manage to annoy me). Tokimune is cool so far though.
Sep 12, 2014 8:04 AM

Jul 2014
Well at the first he seems pretty generic, cliche, naive, idealistic-for-justice-sake but at least he's getting better now. He looks pretty decent lately too. I hope significant development will occur.
"All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous"

PROJECT-ERASER
Sep 12, 2014 3:46 PM

Aug 2012
He's like Hikari. He's a MC that you have to be patient with, and it will payoff in the long run. You can usually tell when a character is being set up to undergo a lot of development, and its when they piss viewers off in the beginning. Tokimune is slowly learning how to behave in order to balance his duty as a soldier and his resolve to reach his goal, and learning what he needs to change to accomplish his goal.
Sep 13, 2014 1:34 AM

Aug 2014
AlexTheRiot said:
He's like Hikari. He's a MC that you have to be patient with, and it will payoff in the long run. You can usually tell when a character is being set up to undergo a lot of development, and its when they piss viewers off in the beginning. Tokimune is slowly learning how to behave in order to balance his duty as a soldier and his resolve to reach his goal, and learning what he needs to change to accomplish his goal.

This it´s like some people forget that this show has 24 episodes and think it´s only have 12.
Sep 13, 2014 1:46 AM

Jan 2013
Yes because only antiheros like lelouche are good MCs.

Stupid heros always doing good shit and not being edgy/
Sep 14, 2014 12:17 PM
Aug 2014
He's having steady development. Just need to keep the momentum.
Sep 14, 2014 1:50 PM

Apr 2014
So far, I haven't seen an instance where he was disappointing, from the attitude point of view. Sure he's not very strong, but that's why he's just a Private. With that rank, he probably just finished the military academy and has 0 live-combat training.
Oct 1, 2014 7:36 AM

Sep 2011
I'm keeping my eyes on him after the most recent episodes, his biggest issue before was he was really bland and didnt have much in the way of a personality, the whole situation with his sister while driven a bit by coincidence to further its development is at least starting to show a more dyanmic side to tokimune and im hoping his reaction to the truth behind his sister's passing as well as the very strongly hinted at truth behind argevellon doing the same unto him is going to really excell this series past what it has been,

2nd halves can redeem alot for me and i never really though this show was bad but rather unsure of itself and as a result feeling as if it was just there never truly accomplishing anything, this is its chance to break through both in the story and character department so heres hopign it wont let me down

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shirogane no Ishi: Argevollen Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2014

72 by oooo3333 »»
Dec 6, 2020 12:07 AM

Poll: » Shirogane no Ishi: Argevollen Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2014

31 by oooo3333 »»
Nov 25, 2020 1:21 PM

Poll: » Shirogane no Ishi: Argevollen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2014

74 by SakurasouBusters »»
Mar 16, 2017 7:10 PM

Poll: » Shirogane no Ishi: Argevollen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2014

76 by SakurasouBusters »»
Mar 11, 2017 7:26 AM

Poll: » Shirogane no Ishi: Argevollen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2014

91 by SakurasouBusters »»
Mar 10, 2017 1:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.