Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 13, 2009 12:05 PM
Jan 2008
Which of the series made by Yoshihiro Togashi is your favourite? And why is that one your favourite?
Personally, I think I like Yu Yu Hakusho the most. Even though the story develops slowly in the beginning, I think that the characters and their personalities make up for it later. Hunter x Hunter is second to Yu Yu, but if the story deepens a bit more soon, maybe HxH can become number one.
How about you guys? What do you think?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jun 14, 2009 7:52 PM

Oct 2007
I started out as a Yu Yu fanatic--still am--but was converted to HxH shortly after the American introduction. Both series are fantastic and driven by character growth, but there just seems to be a deeper level on HxH.

I've read through Level E, but beyond that haven't been able to find his other works in formats or languages that I can use. =/
Jun 16, 2009 10:18 AM
Jan 2008
AriSky said:
I started out as a Yu Yu fanatic--still am--but was converted to HxH shortly after the American introduction. Both series are fantastic and driven by character growth, but there just seems to be a deeper level on HxH.

I've read through Level E, but beyond that haven't been able to find his other works in formats or languages that I can use. =/

You know, many shounen series lack the depth that is needed to make a good story, and are somewhat superficial. But both YuYu and HxH have depth, and I like them very much :)
I haven't read Level E yet, but I heard it is more "alternative" or what I should say, than Togashi's other titles.
Jun 17, 2009 8:36 AM

Oct 2007
I absolutely love both Hunter X Hunter and Yu Yu Hakusho, but as for which one I enjoy more, it depends on if you're talking about the anime or the manga. I personally feel that the anime adaptations of both were excellent (although, HXH did drop in quality a bit during the Greed Island OVAs, IMO, but it was still good stuff). However, I just find that Yu Yu Hakusho gets a slight edge with its smaller but also very interesting cast of characters, allowing for more focus on invidual characters and villains.

On the other hand, while I also love both manga, Yu Yu Hakusho becomes far too rushed towards the end for my liking. Even though the fact that it constantly goes on hiatus in annoying as hell to put up with, I must say that Hunter X Hunter has done nothing but impress me with its fleshed out plots and really intense situations which Togashi comes up with. The characters keep having to make such tough decisions, and they also make many mistakes, and actually lose more often than they win. Yet, they learn and grow from those mistakes, and this is a formula which more shounen should use, IMO. It works great here, and for this reason, I prefer the HXH manga to Yu Yu Hakusho's manga, but, overall, like I said, I still adore both series to death. Togashi is the supreme mangaka of shounen.

Now I just need to get into Naoko Urasawa's works, since he is apparently the only mangaka who can top Togashi's brilliance, according to a friend of mine who is both a fan of Togashi's works, as well as Urasawa's works, like Pluto, Monster, and 20th Century Boys. ^_^
Jul 18, 2010 10:40 AM

Oct 2009
ensatsu-ken said:
Now I just need to get into Naoko Urasawa's works, since he is apparently the only mangaka who can top Togashi's brilliance, according to a friend of mine who is both a fan of Togashi's works, as well as Urasawa's works, like Pluto, Monster, and 20th Century Boys. ^_^

Agreed, I think it's not wrong to say Togashi's the Naoki Urasawa of shounen manga.
Jan 5, 2012 5:32 AM

Apr 2011
Yu Yu Hakusho :)
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Which of Yoshihiro Togashi's characters is your favourite?

ceceiliapus - May 25, 2009

5 by MonokuroKinema »»
Jan 5, 2012 5:34 AM

» Pictures

ceceiliapus - Jul 10, 2009

1 by OrangeCakeJam »»
Jul 31, 2010 10:48 PM

» What do you like about Yoshihrio Togashi?

ceceiliapus - May 13, 2009

3 by GoldenBoy55 »»
Jul 18, 2010 10:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.