Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 5, 2013 7:57 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
She finally cried and there was even a kiss. Too bad it all ended tragically. 5/10 :(
Mar 27, 2013 6:31 PM

Apr 2011
Fucking really? He couldn't muster a sound or press that help button, but went with a kiss on his sleeping girl on live REC, than dies in fronts of her. Now she has a video of her lover dying in front of her while she slept like a baby. What a twisted scenario we are delivered. The author failed at delivering the context in a more bittersweet romances.

I would of hoped for the same scene, but he fainted etc...
Aug 13, 2013 6:28 PM

Oct 2011
vansonbee said:
Fucking really? He couldn't muster a sound or press that help button, but went with a kiss on his sleeping girl on live REC, than dies in fronts of her. Now she has a video of her lover dying in front of her while she slept like a baby. What a twisted scenario we are delivered. The author failed at delivering the context in a more bittersweet romances.

I would of hoped for the same scene, but he fainted etc...

You didn't understand Satoru at all and probably didn't read with much attention. Satoru had to die and there was no way to change that.
He could have pressed the button to call the nurses and survive a bit longer, but he used this perfect chance to make his last moment meaningful and nice and something that Aizawa would remember for eternity with the video.
Why do you think the author showed the flashback where the doctor said "The next time you have an attack, you can treat it as you last moments"? Of course it was to show that he chose to have a nice last moment of his life and kiss the girl he loves.

I think the author chose a great ending.. especially since I don't really like tragic endings.
Nov 25, 2013 5:57 AM

Sep 2012
This was an ok story.

It's a good idea, but I think the presentation was just meh. The whole thing with the studio and broadcasting and all that just felt so forced and fake. Like, I don't think this author knows anything about television studios, paparazzi, or anything like that. And even if they do, it was written poorly.

This manga suffers from trying to be too many things all at once, and just made it come off as overly melodramatic. The focus should have been kept completely on the two main characters' relationship. The whole TV studio stuff was just uninteresting, and was clearly all just a writing device to get his death on national TV or whatever so that it's EXTRA TRAGIC AND DRAMATIC. Bigger is not always better.

Perhaps it would have worked if it were a bit longer, thus giving room to adequately develop both aspects of the story. But unfortunately, that is not the case.

Also, it ends on a rather abrupt and, in my opinion, mean spirited way that I just found particularly distasteful. I mean, there she is, sobbing uncontrollably in the street. The end!

I mean, what? Huh? That's kind of a cruel place to leave off, don't you think? I understand the whole "oh she finally was able to cry" thing it was going for, but it just felt unpleasant. I mean, it would have been a much better ending if after she had her crying fit, there was a scene of her visiting his grave, coming to terms with his death or something. That would bring more of a resolution, and thus be a more effective ending, than simply cutting off as she's sobbing to herself. Idk, maybe that's just me.

I didn't hate it though. 6/10
Red_KeysNov 25, 2013 6:05 AM
Sep 4, 2014 4:58 PM

Jun 2008
Didn't expect to cry but i shed a tear , but lawd that last scene the dude was basically crawling to reach her and he had a tear on his face too Dx liked it in general
Dec 20, 2014 7:39 PM
Oct 2012
DON'T GIVE A SH*T TO WHAT ANYONE SAID CAUSE I CRIED *inhales and exhales breath*
Jul 22, 2019 8:38 PM

Oct 2017
I hate drama, but this drama was so poor and full of unnecessary or out of context things. So inside all that overdone shitie-drama stuff I believe there are another titles much more better than this even though it's recommended in a lot of pages I just can't get the point. 6/10 just because of the art honestly.
-¡Give yourself to me!
Jul 5, 2021 1:20 PM

Nov 2018
I regret continuing this. Now I have a everlasting hole in my heart.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rec: Kimi ga Naita Hi Chapter 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 5, 2013

1 by Milan-5 »»
Feb 16, 2022 8:30 PM

» Rec - Kimi ga Naita Hi (Comments)

JuriNyotengu - Feb 8, 2012

14 by Claude_Kenny »»
Jun 10, 2013 6:01 AM

Poll: » Rec: Kimi ga Naita Hi Chapter 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 5, 2013

0 by Stark700 »»
Jan 5, 2013 7:52 PM

Poll: » Rec: Kimi ga Naita Hi Chapter 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 5, 2013

0 by Stark700 »»
Jan 5, 2013 7:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.