Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 2, 2012 1:04 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
hmm, another fusion ...

what i want to say is I thought in first season Tailmon is stronger than Greymon cs and Angemon is stronger than MetalGreymon cs,, is really the new enemy as strong as that ??
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Apr 11, 2014 2:39 PM
Mar 2013
I've been waiting for this, Paildramon ftw!! I'm glad that Ken and Davis have finally become friends. I like the interactions between those two.

So now instead of one control spire digimon we have ten control spire digimon.

You know what I think? Why stop at ten Control spires? If I was her I'd combine like 1000 spires and then throw it at the digi-destined.
May 30, 2014 1:54 PM

Jul 2013
Still don't get why Gatomon/Tailmon can't digivolve...Did something happen to digivolving to ultimate?? The ultimate forms were my favorites!
Jan 13, 2015 3:21 PM

Jul 2013
emeraldrosary said:
You know what I think? Why stop at ten Control spires? If I was her I'd combine like 1000 spires and then throw it at the digi-destined.

She would go bald if she pulled so much hair from her head
Jan 14, 2015 11:57 AM
Mar 2013
NaughtyNoddy said:
emeraldrosary said:

Actually there are various sources that say humans have, on average, around 100,000 hair follicles. So in reality it wouldn't affect Arukenimon that much. Then again, she is a spider not a real human so I doubt that she is using real hair anyway.
Jan 14, 2015 12:14 PM

Jul 2013
emeraldrosary said:
NaughtyNoddy said:

Actually there are various sources that say humans have, on average, around 100,000 hair follicles. So in reality it wouldn't affect Arukenimon that much. Then again, she is a spider not a real human so I doubt that she is using real hair anyway.

I meant it as a joke... It seems that it wasn't very successful
Jan 14, 2015 12:37 PM
Mar 2013
Haha, I shoud've clarified, I did know it was a joke ^^ Your post just got me curious about how many follicles of hair an average person has :)

Anyway, more on topic, why do you think Arekunimon didn't just combine 100+ spires into one digimon? I figure the main problem is that she wouldn't be able to control the digimon since it would be to powerful. Or perhaps she isn't strong enough to even combine that many spires in the first place.
Jan 14, 2015 1:09 PM

Dec 2014
emeraldrosary said:
Haha, I shoud've clarified, I did know it was a joke ^^ Your post just got me curious about how many follicles of hair an average person has :)

Anyway, more on topic, why do you think Arekunimon didn't just combine 100+ spires into one digimon? I figure the main problem is that she wouldn't be able to control the digimon since it would be to powerful. Or perhaps she isn't strong enough to even combine that many spires in the first place.

Well, its true that the digimon would be too powerful to control. I mean, she couldn't even control Black WarGreymon who is made of 100 control spires.
Jan 14, 2015 1:37 PM

Jul 2013
emeraldrosary said:

I can think of many reasons, but they are just speculations:
a) She wanted to see if she can fully control a 10 spires digimon, and then she would move to make a stronger one
b) When she pulls her hair you can see 4 towers behind her, so maybe there weren't enough towers nearby to create such a digimon
c) She was too enraged with the kids to think of something like that, so she just randomly pulled a strand with 10 hair

I always keep in mind that the anime is aimed at children, so I'm not strict with it if we don't get detailed explanations or if the villians aren't evil geniuses
Apr 27, 2015 3:55 AM
Jun 2012
Great how the new ending spoils the other jogress evolutions! I only knew about Stingmon and XV-mon's jogress but that's in the past now...
Jun 23, 2016 3:19 AM

Feb 2013
Paildramon looks great, jogress evolution!
Feb 14, 2017 3:42 PM

Dec 2010
Chanaynay said:
Still don't get why Gatomon/Tailmon can't digivolve...Did something happen to digivolving to ultimate?? The ultimate forms were my favorites!

This is really infuriating. It is probably the fact that Gatomon lost her Tail-ring. But in ep 12 she was able to digivolve without problem. They are just nerfing Gatomon into oblivion. I don`t like it. There`s no logic.

I liked the way the creepy old woman was taunting Ken.
Apr 28, 2017 5:16 PM

Apr 2017
tearofmankind said:
Chanaynay said:

This is really infuriating. It is probably the fact that Gatomon lost her Tail-ring. But in ep 12 she was able to digivolve without problem. They are just nerfing Gatomon into oblivion. I don`t like it. There`s no logic.

You mean chapter 13? "His Master's Voice" ("The Call of Dagomon")

In that one, one could argue that they were in another universe (the "dark ocean", which is another realm controlled by a cthulu-like monster which is seen in the last 5 seconds of the episode).

UubTay said:
Great how the new ending spoils the other jogress evolutions! I only knew about Stingmon and XV-mon's jogress but that's in the past now...

Yeah, a recurrent problem in digimon. The intro / outro always spoils something.
--------
Nov 12, 2019 11:06 PM

May 2008
Stingmon's voice... is kinda hot.

And so Ken is now a part of the OP, ending any mystery of him being a lone wolf right then and there.

Jogress already? I thought we'd get a few more filler eps before it happens...

Other than that, the Ken stuff is fine but the whole construction of these episodes are starting to really annoy me. Once the CC KNOW the Dark Towers can be turned into digimon, what do they do? Nothing. Again. =_= It's not good writing nor entertaining that they have to be clueless as bricks just so there can be ~drama~.

Again, the Daisuke "hearing Ken's heart" has no build up to it, so it's whatever. But, the concept of Jogress proves my point of Ken having the Crest of Kindness is POINTLESS! Jogress is basically 02 version of the Crest; if Ken has one, he doesn't need to do Jogress until later. I know 02 wanted to use the evolution in Our War Game and give it a name but c'mon.

argentino_kek said:
Yeah, a recurrent problem in digimon. The intro / outro always spoils something.

Never forget how Adventure OP/ED spoiled who the 8th child was (and Angewomon too I think) in the beginning of the arc and dare to have us watch the kids run around asking "who could it be??". Why they couldn't have made two similar OP/ED or shade them out remains a mystery.
Apr 26, 2020 7:51 AM

Jan 2017
Yey Ken is in the OP now.

Jogress evolution is cool, but goddamnit the ED spoils again on whats to come later

More topics from this board

Poll: » Digimon Adventure 02 Episode 44 Discussion

emeraldrosary - Apr 12, 2014

8 by Matthappy »»
Aug 24, 2:00 PM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure 02 Episode 22 Discussion

emeraldrosary - Apr 11, 2014

17 by ChangeLeopardon »»
Aug 7, 12:21 AM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure 02 Episode 4 Discussion

dolphin456 - Feb 16, 2012

9 by HylianHound »»
Jun 27, 9:20 AM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure 02 Episode 32 Discussion

emeraldrosary - Apr 11, 2014

7 by ImVodkAna »»
Apr 12, 1:39 PM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure 02 Episode 50 Discussion

FarAwayTimes - Nov 12, 2010

30 by ReeeDr »»
Dec 4, 2023 8:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.