Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 20, 2012 6:34 AM

Mar 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Well he was irritated by her so her death didn't upset him.
Sep 25, 2018 12:05 PM

Dec 2011
The taste is stale.

Nothing progressed and nothing really went anywhere. No consequences or realizations, things just happened and the characters had no real reaction to anything at all - except maybe Haruna, but she ultimately fell into the same apathetic strides as the rest of them.

I'm not a fan of depressive fodder that doesn't really go anywhere. Like at least teach me a thing or make it apparent that I'm supposed to feel something. Perhaps that was the message; you aren't supposed to feel anything reading this bc life is meaningless and bad things happening is inevitable. If so, I still don't think it was successful at creating that sentiment. All I see is an attempt at showcasing adolescent boredom and lust/obsession is dangerous, I guess.
Dec 22, 2019 7:19 AM
Dec 2019
I didn’t really get the ending- especially the note.
So it seems they did have feelings for each other?
I know Haruna do but I wasn’t sure about the male lead.

I did enjoy reading the manga but yeah the story is really empty. The main character didn’t even changed or matured or didn’t really realized anything.

I feel sorry for the GF he should’ve broke up with her if he know he didn’t like her.
The male lead is really sick though.... not even feeling anything after seeing his classmate being killed nor did he felt anything after seeing his gf burnt...
Nov 20, 2022 6:48 AM

Feb 2016
read it again last night

it was my first Okazaki manga back then and i still think it's her most beautiful conclusion. so glad we're getting more and more of her works scanlated...
Mar 8, 2023 7:03 PM
Mar 2022
CMYK said:
The taste is stale.

Nothing progressed and nothing really went anywhere. No consequences or realizations, things just happened and the characters had no real reaction to anything at all - except maybe Haruna, but she ultimately fell into the same apathetic strides as the rest of them.

I'm not a fan of depressive fodder that doesn't really go anywhere. Like at least teach me a thing or make it apparent that I'm supposed to feel something. Perhaps that was the message; you aren't supposed to feel anything reading this bc life is meaningless and bad things happening is inevitable. If so, I still don't think it was successful at creating that sentiment. All I see is an attempt at showcasing adolescent boredom and lust/obsession is dangerous, I guess.

It wasn't supposed to have a "point", it was simply a story about how bitter life can be at times. Which I think it did a damn good job of portraying.
Jun 24, 2023 3:24 AM
Mar 2021
Really hard to choose who is the most(worst) deranged/psychotic character of the bunch
>The fat chick jelous of her slut sister
>Those two who seem fascinated by corpses and are indifferent to death
>The chick sickly obsessed with her unrequited love
>The bully with no parental love and anger problems 
Jun 29, 11:39 PM

Apr 2017
Reply to AFlower
I didn’t really get the ending- especially the note.
So it seems they did have feelings for each other?
I know Haruna do but I wasn’t sure about the male lead.

I did enjoy reading the manga but yeah the story is really empty. The main character didn’t even changed or matured or didn’t really realized anything.

I feel sorry for the GF he should’ve broke up with her if he know he didn’t like her.
The male lead is really sick though.... not even feeling anything after seeing his classmate being killed nor did he felt anything after seeing his gf burnt...
@AFlower The male lead, Yamada, had feelings for that one guy. That's his crush.

It's implied that Haruna was a lesbian. Her and Kozue had feelings for each other. Though Haruna never pursued anything because she thought that it was too impossible to happen. Kozue never pursued her because she saw that Haruna had a boyfriend. She also knew Haruna didn't like her boyfriend, so she thought that Haruna was just nice and would lay with anyone. So, doomed Yuri... It's also why she keeps the lighter and constantly smokes, because it was Haruna's.

I'll have to re-read that Rumi, Yamada, and Haruna's boyfriend chapter again, but it seemed to imply that Yamada was attracted to Haruna's boyfriend... I don't know...

More topics from this board

Poll: » River's Edge Chapter 8 Discussion

AlexSadist-sama - Jan 20, 2012

1 by Never_Know_Best »»
Oct 18, 12:35 AM

Poll: » River's Edge Chapter 9 Discussion

2 by Dreat123 »»
Jun 24, 2023 2:07 AM

Poll: » River's Edge Chapter 10 Discussion

2 by St0rmblade »»
Jan 30, 2021 5:51 AM

Poll: » River's Edge Chapter 4 Discussion

1 by St0rmblade »»
Jan 29, 2021 7:34 AM

Poll: » River's Edge Chapter 3 Discussion

2 by St0rmblade »»
Jan 29, 2021 7:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.