Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 20, 2011 8:17 AM

Feb 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So it begins again.
Feb 16, 2012 3:30 AM
Aug 2009
First episode was boring even though they set out whats going to happen next
Sep 15, 2013 5:16 PM

Feb 2011
The OP seems kind of underwhelming.

You know, this might be my first time hearing the original voices and seeing the original names for the new Chosen Children!

Takeru's voice is so manly now. =P I'm glad Hikari and Takeru are still friends~

So I guess they came up with some way for them to get back to the Digital World.

Oh heeey Kaiser's voice is Paku Romi, fabulousss.

Lol Egg in the Dirt, parody to Sword in the Stone?

I like the music when V-mon Digimentals or whatever. XP And the background music! Both sound really familiar, maybe they were in the dub? And I feel like I have/had the second song.
眠れないのは君のせい
Apr 10, 2014 1:03 PM
Mar 2013
It's refreshing to see Kari and TK all grown up! I'm not fond of TK's voice change in the dub though.

I'm not to fond of Davis either to be honest, he seems like your typical jock protagonist. But I do remember him getting better as the show goes on.

How cool would it have been if Tai could've lifted up the digi-egg of courage? Alas, the torch must be passed to the new digi-destined but it would've been so cool if Tai had been the one to do it.

I love Veemon though. He's probably my favorite rookie digimon so far. And the armor evolution is cool to, Flamedramon is pretty BA.
Dec 11, 2014 12:37 AM

Jun 2011
It's really cool so far, but I don't know about Daisuke taking over the protagonist role, I am not too fond of that idea, I still like Taichi miles better. V-mon has a really nice design.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Feb 17, 2015 11:46 AM
Jun 2012
Nice episode, but overall a lot weaker than the first episode of the original. The atmosphere here is wildy different, but I guess that's to be expected since this time we're returning while last time everything was new and mysterious. Also obviously in Adventures the stakes were much higher since they were trapped there.
As for things they did better than the orginal; the visuals seem better, animation quality is higher and there is more of a coherent flow between scenes. Also I like how they take it easy with introducing the characters as Daisuke was clearly in the spotlight while the rest didn't even come along. They should've done a better job cementing the relationship between him and V-mon though.
The music is amazing as well, but that's tradition of course. Speaking about tradition, they just couldn't help themselves but include a ridiculous amount of evolutions in the OP and ED, could they? Anyway, looking forward to this season since I sorta stopped watching around here as a kid.
Dec 11, 2015 4:29 PM

Jul 2011
Wow, Daisuke is such a typical shounen lead... Makes Taichi look more mature. o.o

Also, that was a really easy evolution to achieve... new characters don't stand out much neither.
Jun 19, 2016 7:27 AM

Feb 2013
Interesting.
That Kaiser is probably controled by some evil digimon, if not, I can't understand how did he make those rings.
Fladramon was cool!
Feb 5, 2017 3:33 PM

Dec 2010
Where is the whistle that Kari gave Gatomon. If you forget about it, I won`t forgive you.

Rewatching this for a first time. Defnitely good a different feeling than the first series.

Also obviously in Adventures the stakes were much higher since they were trapped there.

This is an adequate remark, but on the other hand the Digimons got it much worse than before. Digimon Kaiser is much smarter and more cruel than Devimon.

Speaking about tradition, they just couldn't help themselves but include a ridiculous amount of evolutions in the OP and ED, could they?

They will never learn.
Jun 2, 2017 9:14 PM
Dec 2014
Good first episode but I prefer first serie OST and I'm not a big fan of the new characters designs.
Apr 24, 2018 7:08 PM

Apr 2017
Rewatching this. Here we go (again)!

UubTay said:
Also obviously in Adventures the stakes were much higher since they were trapped there.

This is something that has bothered me for a long time. I will try to ignore it this time, but it feels different when the kids in 01 are basically trapped there with almost no external help.
On the contrary, here we have Taichi, Takeru and Hikari explaining thoroughly to the new digidestined the functioning of the Digiworld.

Takeru and Hikari look nice and better though.
Also Taichi seems like his character has grown up.

Random note: it is not explained but the digimon world gate opens sporadically and randomly, and when it does, "original" digidestined can return to the digiworld to see their digimons etc. It is explained in the audio dramas that are before this series.
--------
May 9, 2019 7:38 PM

May 2008
Rewatching this, and hoo boy. I'm not excited, at all, and I don't know if I'll be able to contain my bias. That said, looking at the episode, I already see a major issue that I'll have throughout 02.

That being... what is the point of the new Chosen Children? I know it'll be "justified" due to the villain later and his story, but that's more retroactive, iirc.

Why can't original 6 get the Armor Evolutions? What can Daisuke do that Taichi can't? This episode highlights how little is keeping this narrative together; Daisuke is introduced, but we don't see what makes him more important than literally anyone else that was watching in Our War Game other than being at the same grade school. Same with Miyako and Iori. Not saying how Daisuke was handled was bad (much better than his dub version, for sure. Takeru is a lot more cheerful than I remember to boot, especially in comparison to Hikari), but there's... just no point to his existence other than "there must be new kids because age/sequel."

For passing the torch to work, there must be a reason to pass. Right now, all the "story" is doing is giving an excuse rather than properly explaining. And that's a bit irritating; I'm not an idiot, show.

Looks like Shounen Hunter-tachi did learn from 02's mistakes in this regard.
SakariiMay 9, 2019 7:56 PM
Jun 4, 2020 8:33 PM

Aug 2008
Daisukes Outfit looks so freakin cool!
Oct 16, 2020 2:55 PM
Aug 2020
Pretty bad like season 1
Jan 4, 2023 8:33 PM

Apr 2011
This episode is a great introduction to the three new leads, I enjoyed it! I like Daisuke, Miyako, and Iori. Takeru and Hikari have grown up! I like Takeru's 02 hat more than the one in the original Adventure. Koushirou's just as cute as he was when he was 10 years old.

Code Lyoko, we'll reset it all
Code Lyoko, be there when you call
Code Lyoko, we will stand real tall
Code Lyoko, stronger after all
Jan 4, 2023 8:36 PM

Apr 2011
VVill said:
Daisukes Outfit looks so freakin cool!

The outfit he wears in the Digiworld, right? Is that the outfit you're referring to?

Code Lyoko, we'll reset it all
Code Lyoko, be there when you call
Code Lyoko, we will stand real tall
Code Lyoko, stronger after all

More topics from this board

Poll: » Digimon Adventure 02 Episode 44 Discussion

emeraldrosary - Apr 12, 2014

8 by Matthappy »»
Aug 24, 2:00 PM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure 02 Episode 22 Discussion

emeraldrosary - Apr 11, 2014

17 by ChangeLeopardon »»
Aug 7, 12:21 AM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure 02 Episode 4 Discussion

dolphin456 - Feb 16, 2012

9 by HylianHound »»
Jun 27, 9:20 AM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure 02 Episode 32 Discussion

emeraldrosary - Apr 11, 2014

7 by ImVodkAna »»
Apr 12, 1:39 PM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure 02 Episode 50 Discussion

FarAwayTimes - Nov 12, 2010

30 by ReeeDr »»
Dec 4, 2023 8:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.