Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 14, 9:58 AM

Nov 2011
They threw in a shopping segment this episode for whatever reason but hey, the cast had fun.

While there's obviously some shady things happening from behind the scenes, they tried to keep this as lighthearted as possible. Well, at least Miharu is getting along with everyone and making friends.
Oct 14, 11:06 AM
Oct 2022
I’m just confused here… did he not rescue her from her own wedding because he’s in love with her?! And she him?! How did we go back to the same awkward friends who both want more but are too chicken$&@! to say anything?! Am I missing something? The whole reason I watched this was for the love story between these 2… honestly I don’t care if he’s banging cocktail waitresses 2 at time as long as they get together but I really don’t wanna wait until the end of the season again.. this whole episode was nothing but awkward tension. Ceilia needs to assert herself a little more as we all know 98% of anime protagonist’s have to be physically held down and beaten to the precipice of death before they’ll get into a romantic relationship…
Oct 14, 11:14 AM
Oct 2022
acidbart said:
I’m just confused here… did he not rescue her from her own wedding because he’s in love with her?! And she him?! How did we go back to the same awkward friends who both want more but are too chicken$&@! to say anything?! Am I missing something? The whole reason I watched this was for the love story between these 2… honestly I don’t care if he’s banging cocktail waitresses 2 at time as long as they get together but I really don’t wanna wait until the end of the season again.. this whole episode was nothing but awkward tension. Ceilia needs to assert herself a little more as we all know 98% of anime protagonist’s have to be physically held down and beaten to the precipice of death before they’ll get into a romantic relationship…

even if Seirei Gensouki is in the romance genre, it's also a Harem one. Not sure that we will see a specific romance before a long moment
Oct 14, 11:18 AM
Oct 2022
so.. this ep was way better than the first one tbh, but it's also pretty boring for now compared to the S1. still some double dub sometimes but why not, the surprise effect passed with the first ep. let's wait for the next one, but clearly not to the S1 level for now imo
Oct 14, 11:37 AM

Mar 2021
This episode focused a little more on the aftermath of the scene caused by Haruto. Its a little weird of an explanation that heroes got summoned just when Celia was kidnapped from her wedding, but it somehow works out I guess. Episode also explored a little bit on Celia's feelings towards Rio and also has Haruto talk to her about his past life. She seems to accept him for what he is now, rather than worry about who he is due to his past memories. A decent laid back episode. It's always fun to have a dramatic transition to the ED, though I'm still not very fond of the ED song unlike Season 1.
Oct 14, 11:45 AM
Nov 2019
What the heck kind of audio design was the first minute or so? Why would you overlay multiple dialogues from the same characters at the same audio level? That was probably the most obnoxious audio in anime I've experienced that wasn't just someone's horrendously high-pitched voice. The same mistake is in multiple dub languages too! What are you guys doing over there?! Check your work!
Oct 14, 11:46 AM
Feb 2020
For some reason I enjoy this season more than season 1 so far. I like what they did with taking the people from his life to this world as well. It really makes the isekai unique
Oct 14, 11:58 AM
Oct 2022
I love how they show manga panels after each episode, this is something unique.

Celia and Rio are consolidating again their relationships and it kinda seems like there are no major threats for them.
Oct 14, 12:09 PM
Jul 2024
Well, if they hadn't thrown in girls shopping, I'd have liked it more. I remember being dragged around on those trips. Funny how fifteen minutes can turn into hours.
Oct 14, 12:13 PM

Jul 2024
Cute girls fashion show, but no ecchi shots. Well they are a little bit young anyway, why can't we get 17+ year olds rather than 14-16 year olds?

Episode is very devoid of plot development.

Well they are headed back the spirit peoples village, and a merging of the new harem members with the old harem members.

I wonder if Flora, Ari, and Liselotte get added to the harem later.
LordCrueltyVOct 14, 6:48 PM
Lord Cruelty V
"But my Dreams they're not as empty, as my conscience seems to be"
Oct 14, 12:47 PM

Feb 2019
Ah fuck they’re still doing the double voice line thing for the translations 😭 please stop. Other than that, slow but important episode for establishing the plot of this season. Looks like we’re gonna have an eventual conflict between the hero who was summoned in Beltrum and Haruto and Miharu.

“All these are from a template” *proceeds to get summoned into the most isekai template world imaginable lmaoo. Huguenot clearly up to no good as well, soon as he saw the summoned hero his little devilish smile popped up and he knew he had a perfect pawn to further his ambitions. The worst part about summoning kids like that is they’re easily impressionable too.

On Haruto and co’s end today felt like another slow paced cute episode. The girls going shopping and hanging out was so cute, loved Aisha and Celia’s little convo as well where celia got jealous because Aisha is connected to Haruto’s spirit. Glass half full sort of way of viewing things. Yea Haruto has a lil harem brewing, but he never would’ve opened up if not for Celia! She and Miharu looked so cute in their new outfits too!

Nice set up episode but hopefully the plot gets going in earnest soon.
Marinate1016Oct 14, 1:35 PM
Oct 14, 12:48 PM

Feb 2008
Reply to portajohn
What the heck kind of audio design was the first minute or so? Why would you overlay multiple dialogues from the same characters at the same audio level? That was probably the most obnoxious audio in anime I've experienced that wasn't just someone's horrendously high-pitched voice. The same mistake is in multiple dub languages too! What are you guys doing over there?! Check your work!
@portajohn It definitely say completed production here : https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2181144 than mean it already set like this until they actually learn the language.
So it going be like this a few more episodes.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Oct 14, 12:55 PM

Jul 2024
Marinate1016 said:
Ah fuck they’re still doing the double voice line thing for the translations 😭 please stop

I think it stops when the isekaied kids (apparent just the 3 accidentally summoned ones have this issue, and not the "heros') learn the local language, so do you homework guys and girls.
Lord Cruelty V
"But my Dreams they're not as empty, as my conscience seems to be"
Oct 14, 1:14 PM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
wow that was the most basic episode ever :D
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Oct 14, 1:50 PM

Mar 2013
I want more Celia... 🥰

P.S. I want to know more about the other princesses, especially the Pink and Blue haired ones.
I can't wait for more episodes!!! 😭
CrazyButNot4UOct 14, 2:13 PM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Oct 14, 2:01 PM
Apr 2021
acidbart said:

As far as I remember Rio saved her because it was a political marriage with some bastard and she was unhappy, whether she was in love with him or not I don't remember any indication that Rio was in love with her.
Oct 14, 2:16 PM
May 2024
It's complicated to hear if there are 2 sounds at the same time. If possible, just use the Japanese dub
Oct 14, 3:33 PM

May 2014
Summoned hero got auto-translate this episode so is that language problem with Miharu group a way to confirm they are not the heroes, despite the light pillar ?
Oct 14, 4:37 PM

Aug 2011
Reply to Kuruku
Summoned hero got auto-translate this episode so is that language problem with Miharu group a way to confirm they are not the heroes, despite the light pillar ?
@Kuruku Yeah they are not hero. The summoner circle bring them together.
Oct 14, 4:52 PM

Jun 2024
Fun episode for Rio and everyone, nothing serious this time for them.
Plenty of hero summons going on all over the place.
I do have that Satsuki & Takahisa are going to be okay.
I am also a bit worried for Liselott.
The title for the next episode is rather ominous, looks like plenty of action coming soon.

I have ADD, ADHD & AUTISM, but this won't stop me. Let's keep having fun together.
VTUBER LIVE STREAMS YouTube/Twitch/Kick/Rumble/Twitter = https://linktr.ee/dolfunthedolphinvtuber
ANIME REVIEWS - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3agtBvVDdHFzXbqPV47c-A
Oct 14, 5:30 PM

Oct 2022
The hero that appeared is realistic in an edgy way XD, doesn't seem like a bad guy though. I'd guess there'd be some evil hero or 2 among them lol.

Oct 14, 6:25 PM
Jan 2009
This double dialogue is really annoying. I hope it stops soon. I cant imagine how Japanese speakers listening to the audio manage without subtitles.
Oct 14, 6:29 PM

Nov 2022
Pretty good second episode to the second season liking the second season so far, yeah its clear that Takahisa was summoned as one of the heroes but I don't know about Satsuki we haven't seen yet at all but its definitely possible she got summoned as one of the heroes too.
Oct 14, 7:01 PM

Jul 2022
Another hero showed up, and he seems like he’s going to be annoying with his attitude. I don’t get why he can speak the language of that world compared to Miharu, Masato, or Aki.

Not much happens in this episode, but they confirmed they’ll study to learn the language, and I’m grateful for that. I was getting tired of hearing double voices when they talked.
Oct 14, 7:33 PM

Mar 2007
FINALLY an isekai that gets one of the main priorities right. After getting shelter and food, the next thing to do is to shop for clothes, cue the shopping montage. And then ... learn the language.

Those girls look good in anything, and pretty soon jealousy will motivate the non-cooks into learning how to cook.
Oct 14, 7:34 PM
Jan 2021
Miharu and the others got some cool clothes, but as Haruto said, they need to learn about the language and culture of the world before they meet up with their friends.

Speaking of, it seems that one of them may be this Hiroaki Sakata, who is taking advantage of the fact that he’s one of the heroes. We’ll likely meet the rest.

It seems that Celia’s “kidnapping” has caused a stir and the douche who tried to marry her is out looking for her. Some of the higher ups of Beltrum seem to be up to no good, while Liselotte is trapped trying to figure things out.

We’ll see how much this picks up.
Oct 14, 7:47 PM

Oct 2022
Love the world building going on and the foreshadowing, pace was slow but that was to be expected with soo many things happening at the same time. Can't wait for the double voice thing to end, I thought my speakers broke, lol.
Oct 14, 9:05 PM

Feb 2016
Maaan, 2nd episode and already feels like filler.
Blonde Celia looks really weird lol
Rio should marry Celia already, and with that the kidnapping problem would be over.
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.

Oct 14, 9:25 PM

Dec 2022
Having Miharu, Aki, Matso and Celia learn more about Aishia (specifically clearing up last episodes misunderstanding) was nice, Aishia just being the obvious child that she (mentally) is was funny as always. After Miharu, Aki Matso and technically Aishia went to bed  Celia got the run down on Rio’s past (Reincarnation past aka Haruto) was handled well enough.
Oct 14, 9:45 PM
Feb 2024
This double dialogue really causes annoyance for the audience, hopefully in the future it can stop soon.
Oct 14, 9:49 PM

Feb 2019
Looks like more headaches are up ahead, but Haruto/Rio is playing house ATM & probably not realizing that Celia is getting jealous? 😆
Oct 14, 10:54 PM

Oct 2015
HJ using Seirei Gensouki anime to promote their 2 other novels. XD

Left title:
https://j-novel.club/series/the-hero-and-the-sage-reincarnated-and-engaged

Right title:
https://firecross.jp/hjbunko/series/492
NewestPersonHereYesterday, 12:59 AM
Oct 14, 11:46 PM

Oct 2022
Looks like we got our designated douchebag summoned hero.

Yesterday, 1:26 AM
Sep 2021
Just OK, a chill episode where we explore the town, get new clothes & have a meal.
Yesterday, 2:05 AM

Dec 2022
While I admit that the overlapping speech audio is a neat trick to show how their words are translated into the world's language, overall it's really just annoying and I do hope they don't continue it for the entire season.
Yesterday, 2:29 AM
Nov 2020
The heck is this?
Completely different atmosphere than S1.
It feels like a slice of life anime now.
Yesterday, 2:51 AM

Oct 2022
It's still jarring to hear 2 voices overlayed when someone speaks, but at least it's not as egregious as last episode

I hope they learn this worlds language fast for my sanity's sake lol.
UndefeatedBahamut
Yesterday, 4:10 AM
May 2024
NewestPersonHere said:
HJ using Seirei Gensouki anime to promote their 2 other novels. XD

Left title:
https://j-novel.club/series/the-hero-and-the-sage-reincarnated-and-engaged

Right title:
https://firecross.jp/hjbunko/series/492

True business minded people XD
Yesterday, 4:47 AM

Dec 2022
Damn Rio really needs to teach Miharu and the rest of the japanese imports the language or something, them talking in both languages at once to simulate whats happening realtime is getting pretty annoying. Like it makes sense in context but still..

Yesterday, 6:57 AM

Jun 2008
After last week's episode, I had to binge the first season as refresher and now I have picked up the LN, binging most of it. I really like it, but the source material is certainly not easy to adapt to the anime format. A lot of royal politics and intrigues and stuff.

I was also very confused with the timelines when I picked up the LN, as Miharu and Celia meet at much different points in there. But I guess this works too.

As for this episode, yea, it was ok. There are lot of protagonists in this series, so after reading a couple of volumes of the LN, it makes more sense. I think I'll eventually have to re-watch/read the entire thing, as characters that seem non-important will become more important down the line or are at least featured more prominently.
Yesterday, 7:29 AM

Oct 2022
Ok so when will Haruto tell them everything, like I see no reason to keep it secret except Aki who feels like she hates him for leaving her behind when they were young. Miharu and the others got teleported right after their high school entrance ceremony and Haruto was there but iirc he got reincarnated several years after that because of the accident. So basically they disappeared, he continued his life until the accident and got reincarnated before they arrived in the other world...
Yesterday, 7:59 AM
Mar 2019
love it so far and cant wiat to see how he solves this conflict in his own mind
Yesterday, 8:25 AM

Dec 2022
We're probably supposed to hate the katana hero but the guy is right he didn't ask to be there and he has no obligation to be respectful to a supposed princess. I always found it dumb in those isekai when they just accept that they need to bow their heads to a king or noble when coming from a modern society where you should know that royalty is just bs.
Yesterday, 8:41 AM
Oct 2024
Loving this animation.
Yesterday, 9:18 AM

Oct 2022
Nice to see everyone settling into their new life with Rio. I’m a little curious about this other hero that’s been summoned. He looks like he’ll be a pain to deal with…
Yesterday, 9:58 AM

Mar 2014
Curry is perfect for all occasions 😋
Yesterday, 10:20 AM

Dec 2022
Should be interesting if they ever find out who he was in his previous life, considering he died.
Yesterday, 11:05 AM
Jul 2020
Episode two is good interesting.
Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Feb 2021
Great character development in this episode.
Yesterday, 12:33 PM
Apr 2021
Really nice episode. Blonde Celia really hits different. It’s nice to see Miharu, Akari, and Massto getting along well with the others. I wonder how much money Rio has to buy all those clothes. He must be loaded. And of course there’s something shady going on behind the scenes and whatever it is Rio will be prepared to take care of it.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» The decision to use both languages

CorLeonis-_- - Oct 8

25 by tarfeef101 »»
Yesterday, 8:58 PM

Poll: » Seirei Gensouki 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 7

110 by Anparola »»
Oct 14, 7:13 AM

» Seirei gensouki 2

dogs-aint-real - Oct 13

6 by yummy_W4ffle »»
Oct 13, 10:55 PM

» Manga and Anime

Mucinex - Oct 9

8 by Mucinex »»
Oct 10, 8:50 AM

» [Leaks] All Episodes have completed Production

V1P3R0P - Sep 26

18 by Mago293742 »»
Oct 8, 1:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.