Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 7, 10:19 AM

Jul 2024
Do y’all like reading a manga weekly or do you prefer to read it in bulk? (not talking about just DanDaDan, but manga in general).
Oct 7, 10:25 AM
May 2023
I like both ( I know it's weird but it's true )
Oct 7, 11:06 AM
Aug 2022
Depends on the series for me really. For Dandadan I prefer reading in big bulks rather than weekly, while One Piece I can do either or
Oct 7, 11:18 AM

Apr 2015
In bulk whenever available tbh.
Oct 7, 12:15 PM
May 2024
I DONT LIKEEE WAITING I DONTTT it is so TOO GOOD OF A STORYY but it is good for THA author too take their time TAKE YOUR TIMEE OKAAYY YAYYAY
Oct 7, 1:09 PM
Oct 2023
When you read like 8 different concurrent series, and your caught up on all of them, reading each one week to week can be a huge pain to track. I prefer bulk but I’ve dialed back how many weekly series I’m reading so I can remember the stories better. Plus if it’s as good as Dandadan has been, it’s not hard to remember what’s going on week to week. Everybody’s different though :)
Oct 7, 2:23 PM
Aug 2023
I prefer to have a couple volumes available to read at a time since I hate being up to date and wanting to read more but not having more
Oct 7, 2:24 PM

Jan 2009
i will read whenever its first available so both
Oct 7, 2:29 PM
Aug 2020
I read the manga volumes whenever they are released in my country. It simplifyes stuff a lot, since I read it along side a ton of other currently-running series.

Some months the publisher skips a month (supposedly bimonthly release until it gets up to date with the Japanese release), so it gives me breathing room to read the other series without interfering with each other.

That said, I see the appeal of following a manga series week-on-week, since my case with anime is the complete opposite: streaming services like Crunchyroll have made following anime as it comes out from Japan pretty much effortless, so most of what I watch are weekly episodes.

With manga I could go the same route, specially with services like Manga Plus and Manga UP, but I just can’t imagine myself reading off of a phone screen, paper is just the superior medium (yeah, I really care).
GaOMn03Oct 7, 2:35 PM
Oct 7, 2:44 PM
Jan 2021
I love the story so one a week is not enough to satisfy me, it’s too short! Yet I want to keep up with it so like maybe read it once a month or so.
Oct 7, 2:51 PM
Mar 2021
When starting a new manga, I like a few volumes to get well into it and then happy with just reading the latest to keep up.
Oct 7, 3:36 PM
Trash

Jul 2015
It really depends on, some manga I’ve really enjoyed so I stayed up to date but other stuff I’ll wait til the series has ended. It’s the same with anime for me too. If it’s interesting I’ll watching it weekly, if not I’m wait to binge it
Oct 7, 6:06 PM
Jan 2023
Mmm, depends. I'm really into reading long-run series (Bleach, OP, Naruto, now Fairy Tail) in a couple of weeks, and that's extremely fun. But now i'm reading 48 manga with different schedule release, and I think I prefer that.
Oct 7, 6:37 PM
Jan 2018
it depends on the pacing of the series! for dandadan, i enjoyed waiting until an entire arc finished. sometimes i felt like not much happened in a week, so that's when i decided to wait. for marriage x toxin, i enjoy the weekly updates as the pacing is a bit faster to my taste. each week i look forward to a chapter coming out. honestly waiting is kinda nice bc you can use that time to binge other series that you're also behind on. then when you catch up, you go read something else and repeat the cycle! it's a matter if you can be patient or not (゚ω゚)
Oct 7, 7:06 PM

Mar 2021
I like to read it weekly or in one sitting. Lately, I've also been reading a manga that offers a free episode every day.

Oct 7, 7:24 PM
Oct 2019
Bulk I read dandadan with the volumes I buy infrequently and if not that I wait for tons of chapters to be available to read again I do that with all my ongoing series. I prefer reading 50 chapters that 1.
Oct 8, 1:13 AM
Jul 2021
someguy said:
Do y’all like reading a manga weekly or do you prefer to read it in bulk? (not talking about just DanDaDan, but manga in general).

personally, I wait 5 weeks (or 3 months in case of monthly mangas) and then I read them at once because I read a lot of manga and watch tons of anime so I sometimes forget the events.
Oct 8, 2:32 AM
Jun 2020
I think it depends also on the amount of pages and the story. DDD I’m reading in bulk (it’s hard to stop, it so good), but the new Boruto manga has 40 pages a month and I’m fine with that too
Oct 8, 12:05 PM
Jul 2024
In bulk. Definitely. I read my manga in book version so I need to wait till I get the new one.
Oct 8, 12:29 PM
Aug 2022
someguy said:

Depend on the series, but I genuinely think it is better to read in bulk, because a lot of the time when you read manga week by week you forgot a lot of details and the story seems worse than what it truly is. I prefer reading in bulk because most of time when you read it weekly, you just don’t really get the story.
Oct 9, 6:08 AM
Mar 2023
I enjoy Dandadan weekly. Reading Berserk in bulk rn and I’m on the verge of insanity.
Oct 9, 12:32 PM
Oct 2023
i like to wait, save up and read in bulk tbh
Oct 10, 3:13 PM
Jul 2024
if i really like it, I prefer weekly. (kaiju) some series need to be binged though. (one piece/my hero)
Oct 11, 8:57 PM

Oct 2020
I like to binge read 10+ chapters. I usually read up-to-date, then wait for some chapters to release. Then go back and continue.
It's hard to keep track of what's releasing weekly, after whole day of work.
WISHED I COULD ALSO GET TRANSPORTED TO A WORLD FULL OF MAGIC And DUNGEONS, please take me there too if you could (⁠ ⁠◜⁠‿⁠◝⁠ ⁠)⁠

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dandadan Chapter 165 Discussion

MegamiRem - Sep 9

26 by animaniac102 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Dandadan Chapter 170 Discussion

MegamiRem - Oct 14

24 by TlordGaming »»
Yesterday, 7:17 PM

Poll: » Dandadan Chapter 159 Discussion

MegamiRem - Jul 1

33 by animaniac102 »»
Yesterday, 3:31 PM

Poll: » Dandadan Chapter 156 Discussion

MegamiRem - Jun 10

12 by animaniac102 »»
Yesterday, 3:17 PM

Poll: » Dandadan Chapter 155 Discussion

jas-samaaa - Jun 3

15 by animaniac102 »»
Yesterday, 3:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.