Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 7, 9:59 AM

Nov 2011
From the way Rio told that story, it definitely feels like they're building up for this season.

Characters like Ayase made their reappearances and there's some glimpse of flashbacks. Not much seems to have changed personally for Rio and his character yet. This feels pretty much just like the previous season tbh. Good to know Celia is doing well since the wedding.
Oct 7, 10:00 AM

Jul 2017
Novelist Yuri Kitayama's Kirito-wannabe Isekai harem series is back after 3 years...and I still vaguely, but can remember all that's going on since Season 1 all those years ago.

Aguri Oonishi takes the OP for the 2nd Season (though unlike Season 1, there's no difference in visuals if you glance at CR or Bilibili versions) and it's a decent follow-up from Marika Kouno's Season 1 OP. Nanaka Suwa's ED carries on more or lss the same spirit where Aguri Oonishi left off.

The slight recap for Haruto in Japan with his crush of Miharu Ayase being separated childhood friends, and then him studying hard to be in the same school as her, being surrounded by her friends of Satsuki Sumeragi and Takahisa Sendo, along with his sublings of Aki and Masato, and then getting summoned into the fantasy world, this is definitely where Season 1 last left off.

The 5 students getting summoned into Rio's world after hearing Aishia summon his help to save them, it was certainly a call for help alright being kidnapped by a group of slave masters, but for Rio to see Miharu being there with them, he has to be discreet about who he is, once under the guise of Haruto, even by the mention of his name.

Aishia helping him link the languages together, and spend the night together after Celia's misconstrued wedding in the royal capital. The discussion to link Rio's and the rest's experiences by combining their stories together, it's defintely the 6 Wise Gods of Strahl at play, but Miharu and the Sendo siblings while they have potential, he can't be sure if they're the summoned heroes at all. But if anything, Rio still has his time with Aishia that Celia is the same teacher who sees him as a harem magnet.

Yup, this sequel's premiere episode is speedrunning through Volume 4 of the LN, which was left out of Season 1 for the appropriate reason. Still, my expectations just remain where they are just the same like years ago.
Oct 7, 10:01 AM

Dec 2021
It's back after three years.... for whatever reason. For who asked for this, IDK because it didn't even get somewhat "good" near the end with. And not even that good, just kinda hype with the girl from the OG world showing up was pretty hype, I guess?

Basically picking up right where we left off with, again, the girl from the OG world showing up and Rio and the gang showing up, Which to this day I still don't understand why the hell they made it a cliffhanger for a SEASON finale, not even a part one finale or something. But whatever, dude makes a rock house or something and they stay in there for the night, then Rio tells them about some gods or whatever, yadda yadda. Sigh, show is just as drab and generic as I remember it.

Hope the story would pick up this time around, though I HIGHLY doubt it.

Oct 7, 10:07 AM
Aug 2022
We're Back after almost 3 years, off to where they ended season 1.
Ricky16Oct 7, 10:20 AM
Oct 7, 10:14 AM
Nov 2020
Stark700 said:
From the way Rio told that story, it definitely feels like they're building up for this season.

Characters like Ayase made their reappearances and there's some glimpse of flashbacks. Not much seems to have changed personally for Rio and his character yet. This feels pretty much just like the previous season tbh. Good to know Celia is doing well since the wedding.

It's released?.. Where did you watch it so fast?
Edit: I didn't know about the rule. First time in discussion. my bad
OtakuHitenOct 7, 7:58 PM
Oct 7, 10:15 AM
May 2014
cringe, the animation
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 7, 10:49 AM

Jul 2017
Reply to OtakuHiten
Stark700 said:

Edit: I didn't know about the rule. First time in discussion. my bad
@OtakuHiten Just wait for the CR release, which should be out by now. Don't question, for such stuff can get you banned.
Oct 7, 11:03 AM

Mar 2021
OtakuHiten said:
Stark700 said:

you dont have a tad bit of patience, do you?

These people watch it when the episode airs in Japanese TV. Crunchyroll and other streaming sites release the episode after the TV premiere and sometimes will have a delay of a couple hours.

One of the most important forum rules in an episode discussion thread is to not ask where to watch an episode. Simply wait for the episode. It will be uploaded. Asking it here wont give you an answer always.
Oct 7, 11:08 AM

Mar 2021
Episode extended the events of the post credits scene from season 1 finale and also made some small changes with what was shown at the end there. In the post credit scenes, Haruto mentions he found the phone on some henchman, but here he finds it ramdomly in the ground when looking around. Apart from that, a decent progression to the story. But I kinda find it annoying that there are multiple audio layers when they communicate with each other. Unable to focus on what they are actually talking. Wish they change it from next episode coz we now understand that Aishia is translating for them and everyone is now able to understand each other.
Oct 7, 11:15 AM
Jul 2020
This is absolut cinema
Oct 7, 11:17 AM

Jul 2024
Episode 1 of the season and Rio/Haruto has acquired a new harem member, another imouto, and a little brother.

Why not take out all the bandits and free all the slaves? Even if it would be a bit of work to get all the kids to a village, they would have the wagons.

Why does he not reveal his previous life's connection to them as soon as possible?
LordCrueltyVOct 7, 11:46 AM
Lord Cruelty V
"But my Dreams they're not as empty, as my conscience seems to be"
Oct 7, 11:28 AM
Sep 2024
It was a good first episode, I feel like I forgot a little about the first season, but throughout the episode I remembered everything. Was I the only one who seemed a little confused by the story? I didn't remember much of the first season lol
Oct 7, 11:29 AM
Sep 2024
The animation is still the same, the voice acting too. The only notable thing in this episode for me was just the soundtrack and that fight, the direction seems to be a little better this season too.
Oct 7, 11:30 AM
Aug 2012
Reply to LordCrueltyV
Episode 1 of the season and Rio/Haruto has acquired a new harem member, another imouto, and a little brother.

Why not take out all the bandits and free all the slaves? Even if it would be a bit of work to get all the kids to a village, they would have the wagons.

Why does he not reveal his previous life's connection to them as soon as possible?
LordCrueltyV said:
Why not take out all the bandits and free all the slaves? Even if it would be a bit of work to get all the kids to a village, they hey would have the wagons.

Why does he not reveal his previously life's connection to them as soon as possible?

The slave trade is legal in parts of this world, he only saved the 3 because they were not slaves. Freeing the rest would be a crime and he don't want people searching for him. The slave trader can't report him taking the 3 kids who were not his slaves. Rio does not reveal who he previously was because his goal is revenge and don't want them getting close to him. Rio also does not consider himself to be that person, that he only has the memories of that person. These were explained in the LN but left out of the anime.
Oct 7, 11:31 AM

Jan 2008
That dual voice audio is really annoying. One time to show what's happening is fine, not the entire time.
Oct 7, 11:33 AM
Jul 2024
Yeah, he left all the OTHER kids. Not a very kind thing to do. I watched this about 2 years ago, so I was trying to recall everything by speed running it in my mind. And not doing very well. Rio has been in this Alternate World a BIT long.
Oct 7, 11:35 AM

Mar 2021
mariox7777 said:
Rio also does not consider himself to be that person, that he only has the memories of that person. These were explained in the LN but left out of the anime.

not really left out, but showed in subtle manners. Like referring to Haruto as a completely different person and not himself in his monologues.
V1P3R0POct 7, 3:33 PM
Oct 7, 11:36 AM
Sep 2024
Reply to Paul
That dual voice audio is really annoying. One time to show what's happening is fine, not the entire time.
@Paul True, that was horrible lol, I almost went crazy watching this with headphones on the PC, that echo was unbearable, I hope they take it out in the next episode
Oct 7, 11:53 AM
Oct 2022
Honestly, I was seduced by the first season about the story and a luminous and colorfull animation. What a shame to wait 3 years for.. This thing.
- The animation is not even a 1/10 of what it was in S1.
- The charadesign of Rio is just terrible, tf happened to his face, is he sick or, ? He litterally lost all his colors.
- The beginning of the ep is telling how Miharu and the kids went to the new world, introducing these kids lile they're just 2 more items in the inventory, never seen characters been introduce that way, even if they're litterally of Haruto's family.
- The spiritual art that permit Rio to fly was a fluid blue aura, now it's just a white line like youtube minias.
- And the fckin echo at the end that last for the 3/4 last minutes. Never heard something so irritating in an anime.

So, was pretty excited to see what this S2 have to propose for the 1st ep. Can't tell how i'm disapointed to see the bad quality of this ep, even the S2 of Shield Hero wasn't that bad next to. Let's wait the next one to see if there is an interest to continue the show..
Oct 7, 12:18 PM

Jul 2024
I getting a little tired of Rio's lack of external emotion. He could really used a little character development in the feeling department. Also, pulling a huge harem without giving a shred of feels to your girls is stretching fantasy way to far.
Lord Cruelty V
"But my Dreams they're not as empty, as my conscience seems to be"
Oct 7, 12:28 PM
Oct 2022
Such a long meeting! Rio and Celia finally met again, but I didn’t understand why they were speaking another language.
Oct 7, 12:30 PM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
Good for the vibes on a rainy monday.
Just enjoying some average isekai.
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Oct 7, 12:41 PM

Jan 2021
I'm glad they remade the ending of the season 1 finale. That was so damn rushed
Oct 7, 12:56 PM
Jul 2020
He saved the three otherworlders but no the other enslaved kids?
Oct 7, 1:03 PM

Mar 2014
Finally!!! they resumed that cliff hanger from Season 1

and they are all reunited from the previous world !!!

although the little brother also getting summoned was a little unexpected.
Oct 7, 1:05 PM
Feb 2023
Bilingual language annoying

Strahl language and Japanese language
Oct 7, 1:09 PM
Feb 2024
After waiting 3 years, Rio and his harem finally returned,Nonstalgia during Covid makes this anime interesting to watch every week.
Oct 7, 1:10 PM

May 2021
it's finally back!!! animation looks kinda the same (hope it looks above avg sometimes) but at least it finished production, that's a W.

just some classic, average but good harem isekai anime, love it fr. hope they build upon the obvious lore more.
Oct 7, 1:13 PM
May 2022
finally it's here i forget most of the characters
Oct 7, 1:15 PM

Jan 2021
Celia founds out that Rio has memories of a person that lived in another world and she doesn't even have a proper reaction? Bruh.
Oct 7, 1:34 PM
Jun 2024
I have a question knowing that on goggle rio reveals that in 10th volume of the Ln rio reveals his true identity to miharu, will the 10th volume also get animated on this season? or it won't reach that far?

(someone answer me pls)
Oct 7, 1:58 PM

Feb 2008
It took almost the whole episode for him to rescue them and the animation turn to be quite good .
I have a good expection for it. :P

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Oct 7, 2:15 PM

Jun 2023
aaaand it’s back

gosh the overlap between the two languages is bollocks
Oct 7, 2:18 PM
Jun 2022
Can someone tell me when will the people who are summoned will know haruto is the same person from their childhood.
Oct 7, 2:40 PM
Oct 2022
cristinacke28 said:
cringe, the animation

Not just that. The fight scene sucked even though it, paired with Miharu’s appearance, was supposed to be a significant part leading into the solidification of Haruto’s conviction to live as Rio after the banquet in Galarc

The impact of the whole scene and chapter just fell completely flat
Oct 7, 3:10 PM
Nov 2018
Paul said:

I was thinking the same thing. They already said Aishia was translating for them. That's all they had to do.
Oct 7, 3:14 PM
Nov 2018
TheAlmightyBread said:
I have a question knowing that on goggle rio reveals that in 10th volume of the Ln rio reveals his true identity to miharu, will the 10th volume also get animated on this season? or it won't reach that far?

(someone answer me pls)

Anime is usually between 3 to 4 novels per 12 episodes. So most likely not. There would have to be a 3rd season to get to the 10th one.
Oct 7, 3:21 PM

Feb 2019
3 years later we finally back 😩 can’t believe so much time has passed. Because it’s been so long ngl I don’t really remember anything from season 1 other than the Celia wedding that Haruto interrupted I think? So I’m glad they kinda eased us back into things in this first ep. This is one of the situations when a recap episode would’ve been nice tho lol.

Haruto getting another harem member and meeting people from earth who are presumably his siblings is cool. Like I said I’m hazy on season 1, so does Haruto not remember much about his past life or has he created another persona subconsciously? Because I notice he refers to Haruto on earth in the third person and seems to be hazy himself on details about his little sister.

Aishia and Celia yuri?? That kiss was so cute lol. I can tell there’s gonna be a lot of fun banter this season as Haruto harem expands likely with Miharu. Only issue I really had with the episode was the double voice line stuff. Really could’ve done without that and it’s kinda distracting lol. I get they’re trying to drive home that they’re speaking different languages but cmon. Other than that, really fun ep.
Marinate1016Oct 7, 3:57 PM
Oct 7, 3:28 PM
Jul 2019
Glad to see it back
Oct 7, 3:53 PM

Apr 2021
1. I thought he was going to check on all the lights that appeared, but he only checked on the one.

2. He only saved the 3 Japanese people, not the rest of the slaves? 🤦‍♂️

3. Why would Miharu and especially Aki be mad at Haruto Amakawa, he did not do anything wrong, more misunderstandings and emotion, without anything communicating and asking questions.

4. Good they had Aishia to translate, but that double voice speak is killing my ears and mind, it actually hurts to hear hit.

This was a fine first episode, but thinking he was going to check on all the lights, really changed the way I thought the show was going to go.
ejleonOct 7, 3:57 PM
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Oct 7, 4:24 PM

Jun 2024
Great to this back again, I really enjoyed the 1st season.
I'm glad we got to see more about Miharu and the others getting into this world and Haruto saving them.
Looking forward to watching the rest of this season.

I have ADD, ADHD & AUTISM, but this won't stop me. Let's keep having fun together.
VTUBER LIVE STREAMS YouTube/Twitch/Kick/Rumble/Twitter = https://linktr.ee/dolfunthedolphinvtuber
ANIME REVIEWS - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3agtBvVDdHFzXbqPV47c-A
Oct 7, 4:40 PM

Feb 2008
Reply to Moppit
Paul said:

I was thinking the same thing. They already said Aishia was translating for them. That's all they had to do.
@Moppit Yeah after Aishia did that thing for Miharu and Celia they should have made them speak in japanese.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Oct 7, 5:29 PM
Dec 2022
Glad it's back. One of my very first isekai anime.
That whole translation thing Aishia did was noice but I didn't like the double language stuff. It was annoying so to say.
Animation improved plus the soundtrack is way better.
Story is still as entertaining as it was and it's just starting out so it's cool.
But from the OP, I saw CGI monsters...
TMS, I'm coming for y'all.
Oct 7, 5:37 PM
Dec 2023
I'm not going to complain, I thought it was great.
Oct 7, 5:41 PM

Dec 2010
Anyone else remember or can summarize the first season? It's been so long...

But I think that was a good first episode.

OP/ED were nice
Oct 7, 5:53 PM

Aug 2011
Reply to ejleon
1. I thought he was going to check on all the lights that appeared, but he only checked on the one.

2. He only saved the 3 Japanese people, not the rest of the slaves? 🤦‍♂️

3. Why would Miharu and especially Aki be mad at Haruto Amakawa, he did not do anything wrong, more misunderstandings and emotion, without anything communicating and asking questions.

4. Good they had Aishia to translate, but that double voice speak is killing my ears and mind, it actually hurts to hear hit.

This was a fine first episode, but thinking he was going to check on all the lights, really changed the way I thought the show was going to go.
@ejleon
1.Because Aisha say only check that light not others

2.The rest of slaves is doing legal process of becoming slaves. It crime to release legal slave.

3. Miharu not mad at Haruto only Aki because she hate that Haruto father divorce her moms and Haruto follow his father not with her.

4. Get new ears.

Others light is far away like another Kingdom.
Oct 7, 5:57 PM

Sep 2008
Did we really need another season of this after 3 years? Probably not
do you remember what this was about? Yeah, I liked for a mid-show
will you watch it? Yeah
other people have complaints about the animation, do you care? Bitch, have you seen maou sama retry R? This might as well look like JJK in comparative

Now for the episode
I laughed when I watched the sensei coming in the wedding dress, it was like a "wait, it is literally the same day as last episode? Lol"
would I be shocked after finding my crush a good 15 years later, I reincarnated? Yeah, probably, would I still hold a crush after this guy's life? Hell no
let's see what this holds
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Oct 7, 6:06 PM

Feb 2011
been so long I forgot so much about this anime.. off to an okay start I guess.

Hope to see some action though. Animation is fine, Idk why people are whining about it.

Funny as hell no one seemed to piece haruto - dead - new haruto alive = possibly same haruto

hopefully it happens soon.

3/5

Oct 7, 6:17 PM

Apr 2021
Reply to CrazyFrogz
@ejleon
1.Because Aisha say only check that light not others

2.The rest of slaves is doing legal process of becoming slaves. It crime to release legal slave.

3. Miharu not mad at Haruto only Aki because she hate that Haruto father divorce her moms and Haruto follow his father not with her.

4. Get new ears.

Others light is far away like another Kingdom.
@CrazyFrogz

You should not make assumptions.

I used my eyes to read the SUB text, not my ears, I do not speak Japanese.

1. She said "They need your help, help them please", if we are supposed to assume she only meant one Lightbeam, that is not in he dialogue, neither is there anything in the context to assume this.

2. You are completely missing the point, he does not need to follow the "law" of this world, especially since he is on the run and not a part of any nation. He is totally free and able to help the other slaves, by killing the other slave traders.

3. If you are telling me spoilers, I did not ask for that, and you are supposed to put a spoiler waring [spoiler][/ spoiler]

4. There is no way to know how far the other visible lights are, that is either another assumption on your part or more spoilers.

You seriously need to learn the MAL rules about spoilers and about civil and respectful conversations.
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Oct 7, 6:35 PM
Apr 2013
EP 1

I'll be honest, if s2 didnt exist s1 is honestly really mediocre or maybe i would say even bad
Soo seirei gensouki. s2 has really a lot that it needs to do after what happened, or should i say what didnt happen in s1
In s1 like, celia and latifa dont even show up for half the eps, and they never even meet each other
And the rest of the anime is pretty much just filler, 12 eps and some cliffhanger at the end

One thing i was told is that the anime made some changes to the ln storyline

uh. wait thats the whole ep
oh well

hmm. so many characters in the ed, like that has to be almost 20 ish?
there's still the two princesses somewhere hmm
no idea whats gonna happen next ep, or what happened to the other 2/3 or the long term plans

I mean uh. its not great not horrible I guess. like whats going to happen for now

Not much I can actually say. One of my main issues with s1 is that it felt really disconnected and what not.
Like aisha/aishia showed up so late in s1 we barely even know her, and celica for that matter.
Soo if this season can fix that. Miharu and aki are here too. Latifa and the other girls hmm.

Aki sounds like kono marika, she's usually quite obvious and it helps when she did the op for both s1 and s2.
Miharu I saw in the credits for s1 harada sayaka. I havent heard her in awhile so I dont think I would have recognized her normally, though she at least somewhat sounds familiar. Maaybe.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seirei Gensouki 2 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 14

55 by Xouillasse »»
7 hours ago

» The decision to use both languages

CorLeonis-_- - Oct 8

25 by tarfeef101 »»
Yesterday, 8:58 PM

» Seirei gensouki 2

dogs-aint-real - Oct 13

6 by yummy_W4ffle »»
Oct 13, 10:55 PM

» Manga and Anime

Mucinex - Oct 9

8 by Mucinex »»
Oct 10, 8:50 AM

» [Leaks] All Episodes have completed Production

V1P3R0P - Sep 26

18 by Mago293742 »»
Oct 8, 1:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.