Forum Settings
Forums

I know the MAL says it is a Seinen but it does give a feel of Josei to me... So can manga readers answer the following questions?

New
Aug 22, 10:46 AM
Dec 2019

I know the MAL says it is a Seinen but it does give a feel of Josei to me... So can manga readers answer the following questions?
I am asking this because an Anime adaptation is announced and I would like to know these things before I jump into the anime

1. Are there other important male characters that love female lead?
2. Are there other male characters that have romantic vibes with female lead?
3. Does female lead fall in love with male lead? if she did, does she put effort for male lead's love?
4. Is the male lead a simp for the female lead?
5. Does the female lead care about the male lead and not push male lead into dangerous/difficult situations?
6. Does the female lead help the male lead?
7. Who falls in love first?/ who realises it first?/ who confesses first?

AND THE MOST IMPORTANT ONE

8. Does female lead hurts/ attack the male lead emotionally or physically?
Aug 22, 10:57 AM

Jan 2018
It's labeled as seinen cause it's in a seinen magazine. That's all there's to it. Now to answer your questions-

For 1 and 2- there is a guy who likes the female lead but he is actually her cousin (or is related to her something like that, forgot since i read it a long time ago)

And as for the rest of the questions I'll answer it this way. Don't expect the male and female lead to be sane. Like at all. They are completely nuts and do some batshit insane stuff. Check it out yourself.
Aug 22, 12:14 PM
Jul 2020

Aug 22, 2:32 PM

Oct 2011

So yes, like ARK mentioned above--it's in a seinen magazine which is why it's seinen. But if you're wanting to know whether it 'feels' like a josei in the sense that it's a more mature and adult romance... imo not really? It's really more of a psychological story than anything else.

I don't want to disregard your questions (and Zeth answered them already), but when I read the manga, the sense I get from the narrative is that the story doesn't care (yet) who falls in love or not. Though it does seem likely that the manga will progress to be more of a romance eventually, but a twisted one.

CW spoiler:
SnakeringAug 22, 2:38 PM
Aug 22, 3:04 PM

Apr 2020
I think MaL is right and you got it wrong.

It's Seinen.
Aug 22, 4:45 PM
Mar 2023
Zeth2604 said:

For q3
Aug 30, 9:46 PM
Jan 2019
I’m not super far with it, but I definitely wouldn’t say it feels like a Josei. Seinen for sure because of how it’s slightly violent. Seems common in seinen.
Sep 29, 1:18 PM
Dec 2019
Reply to MK17_2
I’m not super far with it, but I definitely wouldn’t say it feels like a Josei. Seinen for sure because of how it’s slightly violent. Seems common in seinen.
@MK17_2 I don't think being violent makes it Seinen or somehow its not Josei.... But after the replies above I have understood why it felt Josei to me cuz the Heroine acts like a shoujo heroine, Male Lead acts like a shoujo male lead.... My evidence is that, all the questions I asked above and all the answers I got back matched perfectly with a shoujo manga called "A Condition Called Love".... The relationship between leads is exactly the same... I'm willing to bet that the tropes used in "A Condition Called Love" is also used here.... Since this story reeks of shoujo tropes I was hesitant to start it.... I can't think of many Seinen mangas where Female Lead is surrounded by beautiful men and Male Lead working/fighting for his love and by extension suffering very hard for it.... It is a classic shoujo set up and thats why I think this story is more of Josei rather than Seinen

More topics from this board

Poll: » Raise wa Tanin ga Ii Chapter 10 Discussion

Komlan_6 - Nov 1, 2023

1 by HazelShonenFan »»
Oct 14, 10:18 PM

Poll: » Raise wa Tanin ga Ii Chapter 9 Discussion

xShinigami3125 - Sep 23, 2018

2 by puckisha »»
Oct 10, 8:03 AM

Poll: » Raise wa Tanin ga Ii Chapter 38 Discussion

ryzxgum - Feb 5

7 by Mirorin »»
Oct 7, 4:47 PM

» Anime adaptation

Alls910 - May 2

0 by Alls910 »»
May 2, 10:43 AM

Poll: » Raise wa Tanin ga Ii Chapter 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2017

9 by Bubblyn »»
Feb 21, 6:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.