Forum Settings
Forums

Manga 'Shounen no Abyss' Ends Serialization

New
Jul 24, 3:30 PM

Aug 2019

Ryou Minenami's Shounen no Abyss (Boy's Abyss) manga ended its serialization with chapter 183 in the 34th issue of Young Jump magazine on Thursday.

Minenami began serializing the psychological drama manga in Shueisha's Young Jump magazine in February 2020. The 17th volume went on sale on July 18. The manga has a cumulative 1 million copies of its volumes in circulation.

VIZ Media licensed for release in English in June 2022 and released the sixth volume on July 23.

Synopsis
Reiji Kurose was born in the countryside, and has spent his life believing he can never leave his town. He cannot leave his mother alone with his shut-in brother and demented grandmother, nor can he escape the clutches of Gen Minegishi, who keeps Reiji at his beck and call. In contrast, his childhood friend Sakuko Akiyama sees past the nothingness of their gloomy town and dreams of the chaotic glamor of Tokyo.

As a way to withdraw from his monotonous life, Reiji finds comfort in watching the performances of "Acrylic," an idol group, and its most beautiful member, Nagi Aoe. But when he encounters the famous idol behind a convenience store in his grim town, he does not anticipate that he will soon be involved in a series of scandalous events that seem to be a repercussion of times long past. Robbed of his innocence, Reiji struggles to wade through the abyss of sin he has been pulled into, all while an intricate web of lies, obsession, and betrayal threatens to tear him apart. [Written by MAL Rewrite]

Manga special site: https://youngjump.jp/manga/boys_abyss/

Source: Ryou Minenami on X (Twitter)
Jul 24, 3:56 PM

May 2022
Damn this was in my PTR list for quite some time and it already ended? Guess it's time to finally read it and hopefully it doesn't end up being bad for someone who has never read any psychological themed manga and it would be my first time reading it.
π’Ÿπ‘œπ“ƒ'𝓉 𝓁𝑒𝓉 π’Άπ“ƒπ“Žπ‘œπ“ƒπ‘’ 𝒹𝒾𝒸𝓉𝒢𝓉𝑒 π“Žπ‘œπ“Šπ“‡ 𝐿𝒾𝒻𝑒.
Jul 24, 4:12 PM

Oct 2013
Good example of a manga belonging to the misery literature genre, and succeeding in delivering an intriguing story. It was fun to read, even if it wasn't perfect and had a lot of dragged out moments.
✨Saint Seiya Club🌠
Jul 24, 4:39 PM

Oct 2017
Don't bully me nagatoro also ended. Make a news thread for that?
Jul 24, 4:47 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Reply to MegamiRem
Don't bully me nagatoro also ended. Make a news thread for that?
@MegamiRem already wrote about it ending soon back in june. https://myanimelist.net/news/71171214
Jul 24, 6:14 PM

Oct 2013
Well, speaking about manga news, too bad that there were no news about Saint Seiya: Next Dimension ending after 18 years of serialization, and my questions about them even having a chance to appear were left unanswered... Just saying.
AdnashJul 24, 6:36 PM
✨Saint Seiya Club🌠
Jul 24, 9:09 PM

Jul 2023
Thnx god. finally freed from this reading hell lol

Jul 25, 3:20 AM
Jul 2024
Hello, manga lovers
I recently learned that the serialization of "Shounen no Abyss" has concluded. It has been an amazing experience to follow this powerful and poignant tale. I was captivated by the characters and the way the plot developed throughout. Though I'm sorry to see it end, I'm appreciative of the unforgettable encounter and the powerful narrative. If you haven't read it yet, I strongly advise you to do so. Without a doubt, the series makes an effect that lasts.
Enjoy your reading.
Jul 25, 6:49 AM

May 2020
Should've already been long ago. Like I'm not even sure how it managed to up its chapter count this high.

More topics from this board

» TOHO Acquires GKIDS, Expanding Global Animation Influence

Vindstot - Yesterday

20 by Antanaru »»
3 hours ago

» 'Boku no Hero Academia' Final Season Announced for 2025

Nioxys - Oct 12

30 by malvarez1 »»
5 hours ago

» 'Sakamoto Days' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

2 by malvarez1 »»
5 hours ago

» Pierrot and Asahi Production Sign Partnership Agreement

Vindstot - Oct 12

9 by malvarez1 »»
5 hours ago

» 'Doraemon' Voice Actress Nobuyo Ooyama Dies at 90

Vindstot - Oct 11

16 by malvarez1 »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.