Forum Settings
Forums

'Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu' Gets Second Season

New
Jun 17, 10:33 AM

Aug 2019

The 12th and final episode of the television anime adapting Kenkyo na Circle's Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu (I Was Reincarnated as the 7th Prince so I Can Take My Time Perfecting My Magical Ability) light novel announced a second anime season on Tuesday.

Produced by Tsumugi Akita Animation Lab, the television anime premiered on April 2. Crunchyroll streamed the anime worldwide with subtitles.

Kenkyo na Circle began writing the adventure fantasy novel on the Shousetsuka ni Narou website in October 2019. Kodansha acquired the novel and began publishing it under its Kodansha Ranobe Bunko imprint in July 2020, featuring illustrations by Meru.. Kodansha shipped the seventh volume last December, with the eighth volume scheduled to be released on July 2. The series has a cumulative 5 million copies of its volumes in circulation.

A manga adaptation by Yousuke Kokuzawa began serialization on Kodansha's Magazine pocket website and app in June 2020. The 15th volume was released on April 9, and the 16th volume is scheduled to be released on August 7.

Kodansha USA licensed the manga in English for a digital and print release in July and November of 2021. The 11th volume went on sale on April 16, and the 12th volume is set to release on June 18.

Synopsis
In his past life, Prince Lloyd de Saloum was a commoner who could not become adept at magic, no matter how knowledgeable or obsessed he was about it. Now reincarnated into his current royal lineage, he receives a body with seemingly endless mana, making his desire to master all things arcane attainable. Moreover, as the seventh prince of the kingdom, Lloyd has no claim to the throne, allowing him to nurture his abilities as freely as he wants.

Unfortunately for Lloyd, ancient seals that imprison powerful demons begin to break down and release the horrors within, endangering the peace. With these monstrosities roaming around, Lloyd's overwhelming magical prowess is the ultimate weapon that can neutralize these threats before all things descend to chaos. [Written by MAL Rewrite]

Official site: https://dainanaoji.com/
Official X (Twitter): @dainanaoji_pro

Source: animate Times

Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu 2nd Season on MAL
Hyperion_PSJun 17, 10:34 AM
Jun 17, 11:21 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
I'm happy about this, i need more sexy tan ninja thong loli and Tao<3333
Jun 17, 11:35 AM

May 2021
So many great anime since the start of the year with no season 2 announced and now they instantly announce second season for the degenerate shota anime ..... The state of the the current anime industry ladies and gentlemen.....

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Jun 17, 12:06 PM

Jul 2007
Reply to Yubisoft
So many great anime since the start of the year with no season 2 announced and now they instantly announce second season for the degenerate shota anime ..... The state of the the current anime industry ladies and gentlemen.....
@Yubisoft - yeah, haven't watched this show yet. Happy to see any show get closer to a complete adaptation. But there are a lot of shows that could really use more content. Some have source that is complete and it would be easy to knock out with another season or two. I do wish there were some changes to the industry so that smaller finished source material was given some time in addition to source that was still ongoing and new anime adaptations.

--

But really, happy to see this getting a second season so soon. Looking forward to checking it out and seeing if I like it.
iwubanimeJun 17, 12:46 PM
Jun 17, 12:33 PM

May 2010
Reply to Yubisoft
@Yubisoft It's a fun show, and only the second the studio has produced, obviously they'll greenlight a second season with its popularity.
Jun 17, 1:26 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to Yubisoft
@Yubisoft I'm pretty sure a second season was planned from the start. But nevertheless, the logic “my cool AAA show has not yet received a sequel, therefore B shows should not receive sequels seems flawed to me. Not to mention the fact that these are completely different studios of different levels.
Jun 17, 2:24 PM

May 2021
iwubanime said:
@Yubisoft - yeah, haven't watched this show yet. Happy to see any show get closer to a complete adaptation. But there are a lot of shows that could really use more content. Some have source that is complete and it would be easy to knock out with another season or two. I do wish there were some changes to the industry so that smaller finished source material was given some time in addition to source that was still ongoing and new anime adaptations.

--

But really, happy to see this getting a second season so soon. Looking forward to checking it out and seeing if I like it.

Yes I agree with you. Also generally modern day anime industry lacks boldness and heavily relies on social media popularity. I would have liked for studio to take risks like they did in the past.

I only read some chapters of the manga and even though it was interesting at first, the story later has some very weird developments that I didn't like but I hope you like it.

Jun 17, 2:30 PM

May 2021
-Francis- said:
@Yubisoft It's a fun show, and only the second the studio has produced, obviously they'll greenlight a second season with its popularity.

Yeah of course, from a business perspective I understand the decisions from a new studio like this but at the same time I don't like it. They could have delayed the second season a little bit to animate something else and at the same time build anticipation for a possible second season for the shota anime .

But here is the thing even multi million old studios , take zero risk when it comes to which projects they are gonna animate.

Jun 18, 12:39 AM
Jan 2018
Reply to Yubisoft
-Francis- said:

Yeah of course, from a business perspective I understand the decisions from a new studio like this but at the same time I don't like it. They could have delayed the second season a little bit to animate something else and at the same time build anticipation for a possible second season for the shota anime .

But here is the thing even multi million old studios , take zero risk when it comes to which projects they are gonna animate.
@Yubisoft theres a risk that staff that worked on one season wouldn’t be available for the next.

regardless it’s not the studio who decides if there’s a new season.

This was also probably planned from the start which is why it got announced straight after the last episode.
Jun 18, 12:48 AM

May 2021
Reply to Mattinator95
@Yubisoft theres a risk that staff that worked on one season wouldn’t be available for the next.

This was also probably planned from the start which is why it got announced straight after the last episode.
@Mattinator95
Mattinator95 said:

ohh yes I am sure the studios have no say in things like this . They just accept requests to animate stuff like slaves

Jun 18, 3:00 AM
Mar 2021
Reply to Yubisoft
@Yubisoft I 100 agree with you :/
Jun 18, 3:16 AM
Oct 2019
Reply to Yubisoft
@Mattinator95
Mattinator95 said:

ohh yes I am sure the studios have no say in things like this . They just accept requests to animate stuff like slaves
@Yubisoft no he means that this stuff is planned years in advance for staff availability and tv slot educate yourself instead of always assuming thing.
Jun 18, 6:01 AM
Feb 2024
Season 2 was already decided before S1 even aired

It was leaked that this series would be a 2 split cour Before it aired

Proof: https://x.com/SugoiLITE/status/1770127431606911037
Jun 18, 11:18 AM

Nov 2014
Well deserved. This show is truly a hidden gem.
Aug 8, 5:34 AM
Nov 2019
Reply to Yubisoft
@Yubisoft cope n seeth
Aug 8, 5:34 AM
Nov 2019
This. This puts a smile on my face

More topics from this board

» TOHO Acquires GKIDS, Expanding Global Animation Influence

Vindstot - Yesterday

20 by Antanaru »»
3 hours ago

» 'Boku no Hero Academia' Final Season Announced for 2025

Nioxys - Oct 12

30 by malvarez1 »»
5 hours ago

» 'Sakamoto Days' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

2 by malvarez1 »»
5 hours ago

» Pierrot and Asahi Production Sign Partnership Agreement

Vindstot - Oct 12

9 by malvarez1 »»
5 hours ago

» 'Doraemon' Voice Actress Nobuyo Ooyama Dies at 90

Vindstot - Oct 11

16 by malvarez1 »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.