Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 4, 5:39 PM
Sep 2016
Does it miss much? Can I just watch the anime instead of the manga?
Jun 4, 5:56 PM
Dec 2022
Go for the manga instead.
Jun 4, 7:56 PM
Jan 2020
Watch the first 13 episodes then go for the manga, animation went pure dogshit after that
Jun 4, 8:29 PM
Oct 2020
Don't listen to the elitist whiny bitches complaining about animation, I hear those in every anime even in solo leveling, the animation for ragna crimson was pretty good, yes not bones level or something, but it works well enough, I won't say anything about the story tho, not having read the manga, i know there are probably some cuts, I heard they cut a whole character out, but nothing can be a perfect adaptation, especially when the source is so goddamn large, one thing I heard people complain about are a side character's chapter not being adapted, which I don't get, if the character isn't gonna be used in the arc, why would they even bother adapting it now, they could just do it in the second season instead

Buuut it's up to you, I personally enjoyed the anime a lot but if you are into reading mangas, go for it
Jun 4, 8:55 PM
Nov 2016
Go for the manga, the anime is dogshit.

At least the 1st cour was ok, but then it turned into garbage with bottom-tier dogshit animation in the 2nd cour, the last episode is pretty good though and I enjoyed it, but that pretty good last episode is not enough to make up for the shit I had to endure when I was watching that atrocious, dogshit 2nd cour.

And yeah, the anime removed things from the manga so go for the manga.

Manga = 10/10
Anime = 5/10
Jun 5, 3:51 AM
Oct 2022
CrunchyCrobat said:
Don't listen to the elitist whiny bitches complaining about animation, I hear those in every anime even in solo leveling, the animation for ragna crimson was pretty good, yes not bones level or something, but it works well enough, I won't say anything about the story tho, not having read the manga, i know there are probably some cuts, I heard they cut a whole character out, but nothing can be a perfect adaptation, especially when the source is so goddamn large, one thing I heard people complain about are a side character's chapter not being adapted, which I don't get, if the character isn't gonna be used in the arc, why would they even bother adapting it now, they could just do it in the second season instead

Buuut it's up to you, I personally enjoyed the anime a lot but if you are into reading mangas, go for it

Ya the animation was fine for the most part
Jun 5, 4:02 AM
Aug 2021
CrunchyCrobat said:

Couldn't Agree More 🤝, The Animation Was Fine And It Was An Entertaining Anime.

I Wonder What Kind Of Character Got Cut Out?
And Do U Know Who's Character's Chapter Got Cut?
Jun 5, 4:09 AM
Oct 2020
Rayane-47 said:
CrunchyCrobat said:

Leo's chapters were cut, probably about how she got out and stuff, but not like those were gonna help any of the story and would just make it run for longer for no reason, it would fit much better when she comes back in a possible second season

Also the character that got cut was one of the dragons, he does appear in the show at times like In the future scene and the ending song but never did anything, at least that's what I heard
Jun 5, 4:24 AM
Aug 2021
CrunchyCrobat said:
Rayane-47 said:

Leo's chapters were cut, probably about how she got out and stuff, but not like those were gonna help any of the story and would just make it run for longer for no reason, it would fit much better when she comes back in a possible second season

Also the character that got cut was one of the dragons, he does appear in the show at times like In the future scene and the ending song but never did anything, at least that's what I heard

Ah...Leo, Yeah, That Wasn't Really Needed For This Season, It Would Be Better If They Adapt It In A Possible 2nd Season Tho

So It Was A Dragon, I Did Count And Extra Dragon Or Two In The Ending But Thought They Were Killed Before Ragna Began His Story, By Crimson Or Someone Else, How Does It Die?
Jun 5, 4:30 AM
Oct 2020
Rayane-47 said:
CrunchyCrobat said:

Ah...Leo, Yeah, That Wasn't Really Needed For This Season, It Would Be Better If They Adapt It In A Possible 2nd Season Tho

So It Was A Dragon, I Did Count And Extra Dragon Or Two In The Ending But Thought They Were Killed Before Ragna Began His Story, By Crimson Or Someone Else, How Does It Die?

According to the wiki, there are actually a few lowest level ones that join in during the fight with the princess and are killed, the main big one, there was another of the same rank as those two who die early on, like chapter 3 early on, and pretty much just gets oblirated at first sight, I think it might have been when they save the villagers right before fighting the winged guy, then there's another one, a spiked dragon, a 9th seat, higher than even the first dragon (dio) they fight, but apparently he died off camera in the manga as well so doesn't really matter, all of these are just superior dragons with the roles similar to the lower dragons
Jun 5, 4:43 AM
Nov 2016
Reply to CrunchyCrobat
Rayane-47 said:
CrunchyCrobat said:

According to the wiki, there are actually a few lowest level ones that join in during the fight with the princess and are killed, the main big one, there was another of the same rank as those two who die early on, like chapter 3 early on, and pretty much just gets oblirated at first sight, I think it might have been when they save the villagers right before fighting the winged guy, then there's another one, a spiked dragon, a 9th seat, higher than even the first dragon (dio) they fight, but apparently he died off camera in the manga as well so doesn't really matter, all of these are just superior dragons with the roles similar to the lower dragons
CrunchyCrobat said:
a spiked dragon, a 9th seat, higher than even the first dragon (dio) they fight, but apparently he died off camera in the manga as well

That's Dornea, he was killed offscreen by

That specific fight wasn't in the manga until recently, the mangaka released that specific fight as 2 extra chapters which are found in the Blu-ray, the 1st part was released a couple of months ago, the 2nd (and final) part was released a day ago in "Ragna Crimson" Blu-ray BOX II.

If anyone is wondering, none of those extra chapters are translated into English yet but now that we finally got the 2nd part it's possible to get a translation soon (hopefully) since the group that translates the manga was actually waiting for a better scan of the 1st part and waiting for the release of the 2nd part.

So now that we have both parts, they just need a better scan which won't take long I hope.
Jun 5, 1:54 PM
Dec 2022
1st half of the anime is pretty good but
the 2nd half of the anime is mostly trash..
Jun 5, 2:26 PM
Sep 2016
so what about dialogue or important character interactions? Any cut?
Jun 5, 5:50 PM
Nov 2016
Reply to Hormoz
so what about dialogue or important character interactions? Any cut?
@Hormoz The dialogue or important character's interactions are mostly there at least so in that regard the anime didn't cut much, there is something important the anime cut though which happened in a flashback of a certain character, I don't even know why the anime removed it so it was a really bad decision on their part, if you want to know the difference between the anime and the manga then you can read the below info which I made some weeks ago, it obviously have spoilers and the flashback I'm talking about is in #4:

There, with that info, you have an idea. I recommend reading the manga instead, it's much better, if you are familiar with Berserk then you should know that Berserk has an awesome manga but it has a shitty anime adaptation, well the same thing happened here, the manga of Ragna Crimson is awesome with really good art and a more enriched story and all, the anime isn't, most of the manga fans aren't happy with the anime adaptation either because this is low-quality stuff and didn't give the manga the justice it deserves, this anime CLEARLY degraded with trash animation in the 2nd cour and anyone saying otherwise are full of shit.

But you clearly want to watch the anime so watch it if you want, after finishing this piece of crap I recommend you read the manga from the beginning.
xZabuzaxJun 5, 6:57 PM
Jun 6, 7:25 PM
Feb 2019
The people calling the animation in this anime good must have been watching this anime with their eyes closed or with their butts.

The animation in the 1st half may be nice, it's nothing crazy but it's not horrible or anything, but the animation in the 2nd half is indeed horrible, it does have some good cuts here and there that probably last like 2-3 seconds, but then we are back with shitty animation that last the whole episode.

In the Ragna Crimson reddit like 95% of the fans complained about the anime adaptation, they did a shitty job in the 2nd half so read the manga.
Jun 7, 11:16 PM
Feb 2020
Yeah dont worry u can watch the anime,if nothing else animation definitely not as bad as most made it out to be.
Aug 5, 11:15 PM

Jun 2022
second cour def. wasn't as fun as the 1st one . final battle too was sub par , they made that lightening dud so high and mighty and just killed him in one shot . where was the damage to him . that dud beheaded 2 princess 😂 and died with a retard logic ' oh u died with speed' the hell... should have broken him more before perishing him . anyhoo , am done with ragna!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ragna Crimson Episode 21 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Mar 9

41 by Vindicater »»
Oct 14, 3:15 AM

Poll: » Ragna Crimson Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

IzanaSolos - Mar 30

132 by nixlm7 »»
Oct 12, 10:41 PM

Poll: » Ragna Crimson Episode 20 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Mar 2

42 by Vindicater »»
Oct 10, 10:52 PM

Poll: » Ragna Crimson Episode 19 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Feb 24

26 by xZabuzax »»
Oct 10, 2:40 AM

Poll: » Ragna Crimson Episode 18 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Feb 17

45 by Vindicater »»
Oct 9, 7:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.