Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 17, 2023 3:29 AM

Dec 2013
Seems they really do turn into monsters. At least we got Sachiko arriving at a very convenient time.
Dec 18, 2023 2:57 AM
Apr 2014
Reply to G_Spark233
Seems they really do turn into monsters. At least we got Sachiko arriving at a very convenient time.
@G_Spark233 What I don't understand is why Tsuruoka hid that fact from Nana. She might have remained his ally if he didn't. My only guess is that Tsuruoka considered her as nothing but expendable pawn, thus there was no need to tell her.
Dec 20, 2023 2:10 PM
Oct 2020
Here comes a twist that changes our perspective on the whole story... Instead of people being afraid of talents themselves, they're afraid of the talented turning into monsters. Which begs the question: Why does the government hide this information from the public and moved the talented into a ghetto only recently? Talentless Nana has always been a story about racism. Back when Soma caused the massive destruction, it seemed like a win for the government, because they finally had a reason to isolate these people with special powers. We've seen that talented individuals can be dangerous, but not all of them are. Now that them becoming dangerous seems inevitable, it breaks that whole concept.

I guess time will tell if this twist was a good idea.
Jan 2, 2:30 PM

Nov 2013
I still refuse to believe all talented turn into monsters (literally). There's always a trick. Even now Tsuruoka may have used this to demoralize the talented. He could've easily done something with Nanao to turn him into a monster. Jin Tachibana is why I'm sure it's bullshit. It's possible for them to grow up and use powers without turning.
Jan 13, 10:07 AM
Apr 2014
Reply to Melonada
Here comes a twist that changes our perspective on the whole story... Instead of people being afraid of talents themselves, they're afraid of the talented turning into monsters. Which begs the question: Why does the government hide this information from the public and moved the talented into a ghetto only recently? Talentless Nana has always been a story about racism. Back when Soma caused the massive destruction, it seemed like a win for the government, because they finally had a reason to isolate these people with special powers. We've seen that talented individuals can be dangerous, but not all of them are. Now that them becoming dangerous seems inevitable, it breaks that whole concept.

I guess time will tell if this twist was a good idea.
@Melonada Actually Tsuruoka did mention in ch 86 that they hid the truth so as not cause panic among people. And besides they've been killing talented for years by sending them to that island or by making it look like an accident (Kyouya's mother was one of them).

More topics from this board

Poll: » Munou na Nana Chapter 101 Discussion

Mei-o_Scarlett - Oct 11

0 by Mei-o_Scarlett »»
Oct 11, 2:53 AM

Poll: » Munou na Nana Chapter 99 Discussion

Mei-o_Scarlett - Aug 9

4 by Sigmar-Unberogen »»
Sep 27, 4:03 AM

Poll: » Munou na Nana Chapter 98 Discussion

Mei-o_Scarlett - Jul 12

5 by Sigmar-Unberogen »»
Sep 27, 3:54 AM

Poll: » Munou na Nana Chapter 97 Discussion

Mei-o_Scarlett - May 12

8 by Sigmar-Unberogen »»
Sep 27, 3:44 AM

Poll: » Munou na Nana Chapter 96 Discussion

G_Spark233 - Apr 12

8 by Sigmar-Unberogen »»
Sep 27, 3:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.