Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 3, 2023 10:34 AM

Mar 2020
A pretty strong episode fleshing out Mephisto and Faust's past, and it's all-out trouble at this point against zombies, and furthermore, there is killing of Infected in the slums behind the scenes. A whole lot going on in general, finding it a little hard to keep up at times, but still very engaging for sure.
Nov 3, 2023 10:42 AM

Feb 2021
1:09 Russian! Everyone probably already knows this word, but its original meaning is "whore, slut, prostitute"
Blaze hugging Amiya was so cute aaaahhhh
15:21 From what I found Lin Yühsia (林雨霞) literally means "forest + rain mist". I guess she and the guys in black raincoats represents the part of Lungmen that doesn't want to cooperate with Rhodes Island.
16:14 Couldn't find a Cantonese-English translator that accepts romanizations. Does anyone know what this means?
Seems like we've already seens Faust because he's listed in season 1 character list on MAL. Either way, his death was so sad. I'm really curious about Mephisto's backstory now.

Every time I assume something I fear that I would be wrong and the people who played the game will come at me lol
Nov 3, 2023 10:50 AM

Jun 2016
That spells the end of Faust I guess
So many things happening at once in just an episode. I look to see what happens next. Ch'en I believe is about to find out the horrible truth about Lungmen's extreme means
Gift by Mimurona

Nov 3, 2023 10:58 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Mephisto's tantrum really shows how immature he is. Facing trained and motivated soldiers is different to killing innocent civs. The battle for Lungmen though sure exposed how ugly the war between Rhodes island/LGD and Reunion can be. Its unerving that Mephisto treats his men as tools rather than people. The black guards sure look more menacing animated. Overall an excellent ep that while having some good action also featured a number of dark themes and moments that showed just how fragile trust can be in this world and how that can be used to implement a true black white POV. Unlike Mephisto Fuast proved to be an excellent commander who cared about his men and it was sad to see him go like this.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 3, 2023 11:01 AM

Sep 2018
Don't worry Mephisto, you'll get to sing eventually.
Blaze was the absolute highlight of this episode. She's such a great and fun character, I love her. Kinda wish we'd have gotten to see more of her fighting (though we'll probably get that properly soon enough), but the small character moments made up for it. Her picking up the Doctor was a certified "god i wish that were me" moment.
"Such honors may please a weakling, but I am strong."
"There are two kinds of people in the world: those who are (me), and those who are not."
"The Sorcerer King is Justice and weakness is a sin. All hail Ainz Ooal Gown!"
"Arrivederci."
Nov 3, 2023 11:06 AM

Sep 2018
Reply to Embient
1:09 Russian! Everyone probably already knows this word, but its original meaning is "whore, slut, prostitute"
15:21 From what I found Lin Yühsia (林雨霞) literally means "forest + rain mist". I guess she and the guys in black raincoats represents the part of Lungmen that doesn't want to cooperate with Rhodes Island.
16:14 Couldn't find a Cantonese-English translator that accepts romanizations. Does anyone know what this means?
Seems like we've already seens Faust because he's listed in season 1 character list on MAL. Either way, his death was so sad. I'm really curious about Mephisto's backstory now.

Every time I assume something I fear that I would be wrong and the people who played the game will come at me lol
@Embient I believe Faust is listed because he appeared briefly in Chernobog (along with some of the other Reunion squad leaders) when Rhodes Island was escaping the city with the Doc in tow. But, yes, this is the part of the story where he gets a proper introduction and arc. We saw a bit of his and Mephisto's past here in the flashbacks, but there is more to them in the future (as well as the history of Reunion as a whole).
Yühsia's father's name is Lin Grey, also known as the "Rat King" of Lungmen. Very cool character.
"Such honors may please a weakling, but I am strong."
"There are two kinds of people in the world: those who are (me), and those who are not."
"The Sorcerer King is Justice and weakness is a sin. All hail Ainz Ooal Gown!"
"Arrivederci."
Nov 3, 2023 11:09 AM

Oct 2009
Ouch. ... Well, f××k me.
Beautiful soundtrack too, yet again...
F××k.
Nov 3, 2023 11:47 AM

Jul 2011
That was a nice hug from Blaze.

Is a little sad that someone kinda decent like Faust died, but is a step closer to the hopefully Mephisto death, which would fantastic.
Nov 3, 2023 12:06 PM

May 2019
Ep 13... wow.

After a lackluster ep 12, this is what was needed. Absolutely amazing. Even better than Ep 10 if I might say.

First, Eno and Sasha's childhood. Perfectly put between Eno's abused past, the orginium scene (god that was hard to watch, YP you did not hold back), and his eventual transformation to the psychopath he is. Eno and Sasha's relationship was expressed fully, nothing missing to show their heavy bond with one another, leaving Faust to do the only thing he can do, sacrifice himself to save Mephisto. And he went out like a champ.

Next of course, Blaze Blaze Blaze. Her character came across well, and ofc the Amiya hug and the Doctor carry 🙏 Thank you YP. Also how powerful she is was again shown well, "I could incinerate your lungs", jumping from building to building, my girl.

Now, how gritty this episode was. I think YPs now realized Link Click existed, cause this is the brutal AK I know. Between the zombie hoarde, Faust's slow path towards death, the originium shoved down Eno's throat, the Slum Massacre, and the merciless killing of infected by the Black Raincoats, shit was brutal.

Faust and Greythroat's standoff was also great, tense moment between infected and non-infected, "It's kill or be killed."

And different ending version! Love the contrast between the proud and the despairing Reunion Leaders, and the fast flashing of the leaders changes to the LGD and Lungmen co, ain't that interesting.

Overall, brilliant episode. It just gets better from here.
Nov 3, 2023 12:24 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to Embient

Embient said:

not quite right. i'm quite surprised that you don't know the nuance being russian speaker. what you meant is "blyad", whereas "blyat" is just an interjection/exclamation, being obscene lexis anyway.

To err is human. To purr is feline (c)
Nov 3, 2023 12:31 PM

Aug 2019
Reply to Embient

Embient said:

16:14 It says "Lungmen Profanity".
Faust is in season 1 episode 2. He attacks the group and Nearl blocks his arrows.
People who played the game are not coming at you. They only want to help, don't get it the wrong way please!
YaggamyNov 3, 2023 12:35 PM
Nov 3, 2023 12:39 PM

Aug 2019
Service announcement for people who don't watch the OP/ED every time:
The ending has small changes, it's not the same as in the previous 4 episodes!
Nov 3, 2023 1:14 PM

Feb 2021
Reply to Yaggamy
Service announcement for people who don't watch the OP/ED every time:
The ending has small changes, it's not the same as in the previous 4 episodes!
@Yaggamy Oh, you're right! I hope it stays like this for future episodes too.
Nov 3, 2023 3:31 PM
Aug 2020
it was a good episode, a little bit sad...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Nov 3, 2023 9:37 PM

Feb 2021
Chapter 6: Partial Necrosis is getting adapted! They even updated the visuals in the ending. A lot of things happened this episode. The black raincoats, mass killing of the infected, Lin's debut and Sasha's last stand against the LGD.
Nov 3, 2023 10:38 PM
Sep 2021
For those who are wondering
16:14 - Haang Keoi Lou Syu (坑渠老鼠) translates to sewer rat...it carries the same meaning as being called a sewer rat in English
Nov 4, 2023 12:05 AM

Feb 2021
Reply to sasahara_n
Embient said:

not quite right. i'm quite surprised that you don't know the nuance being russian speaker. what you meant is "blyad", whereas "blyat" is just an interjection/exclamation, being obscene lexis anyway.

@sasahara_n You're right now that I think about it. I just wanted to do a bit of research to be sure and found this: https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/cyka_blyat and it mentions the meaning that I mentioned. At first I thought it was as you said, but this made me think I was wrong. But yeah, you're right.
EmbientNov 4, 2023 12:40 AM
Nov 4, 2023 3:47 AM
Feb 2021
that sewer rat killing all those innocent....
Nov 4, 2023 4:44 AM

Dec 2018
Wow that was so sad; we got to see a human side of faust and mephisto...that really hurt bros.
Nov 4, 2023 7:32 AM
Jun 2021
I honestly never do this kinda stuff, but for this one eps. It's fucking great. Much much better than the previous eps
Nov 4, 2023 11:30 AM

Jun 2016
again a chapter where not even one npc dies on the protagonists side, without a doubt the most ridiculous anime of the season, what is the point of humiliating the antagonists in all, but absolutely all episodes?
Nov 4, 2023 12:39 PM
Oct 2023
Some of those scenes made me shiver lol
Nov 4, 2023 1:46 PM
Nov 2022
Favorite episode so far of both seasons.
They really made me care about Faust in such little time, wish he could've been saved and joined Rhodes. Losing him pretty much felt like losing someone on the protagonists side, even if he wasn't.
Nov 4, 2023 5:53 PM
Apr 2021
this one was rly something worth commenting, some very emotional moments and a justifications for character actions. i think it was very well done the facial expressions are top notch.

tho personally (im sure they didn't cause mephisto will be needed later) but storywise id rather see both Eno and sasha dying together i imagined the following scenario in my head in the shower so ill write it so i wont forget later:

eno breaks free and runs back to sasha just to see him dead, hold him in his arms in disbelief like "why are you asleep" then snap (not in a ragelike state but more into a psycho mode) he starts singing a very melancolic song super out of tune (cause he cant sing after all) his arts evolve and he creates a giant amalgamation of dead bodies that kill everything, after that the creature await behind them, eno says "we both worked hard, i guess we can rest a little" he drops the staff and the creature falls over them burying both.
Nov 4, 2023 9:07 PM

Feb 2016
The shota duo of Mephisto and Faust disgusts me.
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.

Nov 4, 2023 10:17 PM
Oct 2019
Wow Faust and Mephisto episode.

Damn that ending...
another emotional episode.
Nov 5, 2023 8:04 PM
Apr 2020
Reply to Rurihime
again a chapter where not even one npc dies on the protagonists side, without a doubt the most ridiculous anime of the season, what is the point of humiliating the antagonists in all, but absolutely all episodes?
@Rurihime_chan why are you so eager to see someone die? In game this part of the story is called Reunion arc.
Meaning this part will solely focus on reunion from here and out, still Both side will undergo character development for each of their main characters.
But I will let you know this for now.
46 NPC will die by the end of reunion arc from Rhodes Island side without spoiling who.
Nov 5, 2023 8:14 PM

Jun 2016
Reply to bobbyrani
@Rurihime_chan why are you so eager to see someone die? In game this part of the story is called Reunion arc.
Meaning this part will solely focus on reunion from here and out, still Both side will undergo character development for each of their main characters.
But I will let you know this for now.
46 NPC will die by the end of reunion arc from Rhodes Island side without spoiling who.
@bobbyrani Well, this season is more than half over and so far we have not watch any deaths on the Rhodes/Lungmen side, in reunions we have watch dozens.

The anime humiliates only one side, and that is not enjoyable, and its goal is supposed to be to attract more people to the game...
Nov 6, 2023 12:59 AM
Aug 2017
Reply to Rurihime
@bobbyrani Well, this season is more than half over and so far we have not watch any deaths on the Rhodes/Lungmen side, in reunions we have watch dozens.

The anime humiliates only one side, and that is not enjoyable, and its goal is supposed to be to attract more people to the game...
@Rurihime_chan Well, most of the main characters from Rhodes and the LGD are playable gacha game characters. There would be gameplay-story dissonance if, say, Ch'en dies, while we are able to use her in our squad to this day. Even with a few playable characters that are hinted to die in the future, there is still no definitive answer, so we are not sure if Arknights will be on of the few gachas to kill playable characters. Even then, the most heavily hinted death is for a 3 star character in a 6 star rarity system, so hardly anyone major. 3 stars make up the reserve operators, basically ordinary soldiers with no major experience or crazy special powers.

Every allied character we've seen die has not been playable, so it is sort of the expectation for now that it will stay that way. It is the nature of a video game like this. If you have a problem with this, you are better off looking elsewhere.

If you really want to see more of the good guys dying, you'll need to hope for more seasons beyond the third which will close out reunion arc. There is definitely a lot more of such in the next main story arc, even in just chapter 9 serving as it's prologue. There is also plenty of such in side stories. Every single one, however, was not a unit you could acquire and send into battle.
Nov 6, 2023 10:34 AM
Apr 2020
Reply to Rurihime

@Rurihime_chan I get your point but aside from minor NPCs there won't be any death from Rhodes Island side.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
KarinaraNov 7, 2023 11:43 AM
Nov 6, 2023 2:42 PM

Jun 2016
Reply to bobbyrani
@Rurihime_chan I get your point but aside from minor NPCs there won't be any death from Rhodes Island side.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
@bobbyrani I just want to watch a more even fight, when the protagonists win so easily it becomes boring
Nov 7, 2023 2:50 AM
Dec 2020
@bobbyrani Dude, don't drop spoilers, not everyone here is a game player. Either hide under the spoiler or don't write this at all
Nov 7, 2023 5:54 AM
Apr 2020
Reply to wry_smil3
@bobbyrani Dude, don't drop spoilers, not everyone here is a game player. Either hide under the spoiler or don't write this at all
@wry_smil3 I will drop spoiler. Since they said they wanted to know why there is no causality on protagonist side. This was best answer I could offer, rather than giving vague answer saying things will be better next time I literally lore dropped the facts here nothing wrong here

And it seems he doesn't really care about the story itself, so little spoiler should be fine. If they loves death I shall tell them the events when causality happens
Nov 7, 2023 8:10 AM

Sep 2015
Reply to Rurihime
@bobbyrani I just want to watch a more even fight, when the protagonists win so easily it becomes boring
@Rurihime_chan

It seems like someone forgot to watch the first season when Ace has to sacrifice himself and all the wounded Rhodes got in the first match against Reunion. Misha's death and Doctor's almost death, the confrontation against Frostnova when the group almost lost their lives.

It also seems that someone forgets that for Talulah the members of Reunion are simple pawns that can be sacrificed for the greater good as seen in the first season when he let his own men die while Rhodes with Amiya has the mentality of save everyone and that is precisely the difference between how troops are used in combat.
Nov 7, 2023 3:33 PM

Feb 2010
Definitely a much better episode after last week's episode.

Glimpses of Eno and Sasha's past and also a more tender looking Talulah were definitely the highlights this time around for me.

I preferred the PV animation of Ch'en's encounter with the Black Coats but that is just me, it felt like there were cuts in animation where 2 of them appear behind Ch'en and she just kinda let them walk past her like she wasn't on guard, but yay we see Lin Yühsia (one of my favourite chars in Arknights)!!
Nov 17, 2023 9:03 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Faust found a way to help his friend!!! kekeke
Nov 25, 2023 2:00 PM
Jul 2015
Aw man they cut yandere Amiya scene when she finds out Dokutah had a piggyback ride with Blaze
Dec 16, 2023 4:31 PM

Nov 2009
Faust is actually the nicest guy in Reunion. He only followed through because of Mephisto, which as we've just seen from the Flashback. Mephisto was actually manipulated into becoming evil. Faust just wanted to protect Mephisto.

This is actually one of the saddest arc (chapters) in Arknights as they slowly reveal more and more Lore.
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Aug 10, 12:43 PM

May 2018
Faust did not deserve to go out in such a horrible way. That should have been reserved for Mephisto.

I’m still not trusting Chief Wei.

"Are you intoxicated, or just insane?"

More topics from this board

Poll: » Arknights: Touin Kiro Episode 4 Discussion

Mcsuper - Oct 27, 2023

34 by Ittan_Momen »»
Aug 10, 11:50 AM

Poll: » Arknights: Touin Kiro Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Mcsuper - Nov 24, 2023

61 by Kuroniiro »»
May 23, 12:27 PM

» Season 3 announced: RISE FROM EMBER

Yaggamy - Apr 27

14 by gamershock17 »»
May 2, 9:23 AM

Poll: » Arknights: Fuyukomori Kaerimichi Episode 1 Discussion

Mcsuper - Oct 6, 2023

45 by bushman66 »»
Mar 12, 6:27 PM

» Arknights Fourth Anniversary PV

Aritabias - Jan 9

1 by TrollDrip »»
Jan 11, 2:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.