Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 27, 2023 5:33 AM

Jul 2010
What the actual f... this is it? This is the fight? It's rushed as hell especially compared to long ones like Buddha vs Zerofuku. We barely got into it, got backstories and bam- we're done. I haven't even seen new volume's cover to test that number theory. Eh. Whatever. It's not a bad fight, bow vs shield is indeed an interesting choice, and I can't say the winner is all that unexpected.
Oct 27, 2023 5:52 AM

Oct 2015
author realising no one cares about the manga anymore cause the last one before this was the most one sided bs ever
So embarrased with Tensura fans and the fandom, how have we degraded
Oct 27, 2023 6:03 AM
Jun 2021
where are you guys reading it someone tell me?
Oct 27, 2023 10:41 AM
Jun 2021
@TheMangaManiac I can't seem to find you anywhere but literally thank you soo much you are literally a savior for me, I don't how to contact but seriously thank you🙏🙏🙏
Oct 27, 2023 11:23 AM

Jul 2010
Reply to TYNAMO11
@TheMangaManiac I can't seem to find you anywhere but literally thank you soo much you are literally a savior for me, I don't how to contact but seriously thank you🙏🙏🙏
@TYNAMO11 no problem buddy :3 glad I could help
My privacy settings don't allow to PM me?.. huh. That's weird. I was sure anyone can text me/reply me.
Oct 27, 2023 2:00 PM
Dec 2020
NOOOO MY GLORIOUS KING
Oct 27, 2023 2:00 PM
Dec 2020
Reply to TYNAMO11
where are you guys reading it someone tell me?
@TYNAMO11 there is a link on the subreddit
Oct 27, 2023 2:05 PM
Jun 2021
Brunilde said:
@TYNAMO11 there is a link on the subreddit

sorry but when the chapters are JUST released I refrain from going to Google/reddit as there are more spoilers there so
Oct 27, 2023 9:36 PM

Aug 2021
Very short fight. Been a while since a Greek god got a win.
Nov 4, 2023 8:12 AM

Aug 2015
My hunch is that every single fight moving forward will be as short as this one. The reason being that we are almost 20 volumes in and technically we have covered around 60% of the story. Then we also have the whole thing with Sieg in Tartarus, so based on that I can think of two outcomes:

-Every fight is rushed and we get to finish the tournament.
-The tournament gets interrupted and we move on to Tartarus or "The Reason" behind the whole thing.

Honestly this was as dissapointing as Lu Bu, but I found the chinese more interesting than Leonidas. Maybe people do not care as much for the manga as they used to and the editors told the author to wrap it up quicker than Hajun vs Buddha for example. That fight took fucking forever.
Nov 4, 2023 8:27 AM
Aug 2023
its a bit sad when leo died but we have to face it
Nov 4, 2023 8:49 AM
Sep 2020
The manga has just been getting worse and worse since the raiden vs shiva fight. This fight feels like it lasted for 3 chapters and it wasn't even that good. Hopefully the next fight is good
Nov 5, 2023 8:23 AM

May 2023
Reply to Ivanthaboi
The manga has just been getting worse and worse since the raiden vs shiva fight. This fight feels like it lasted for 3 chapters and it wasn't even that good. Hopefully the next fight is good
@Ivanthaboi I respectfully disagree. This was the only fight that was rushed and while its not the as good as the other fights, it was decent
Nov 5, 2023 8:28 AM
Sep 2020
SoulReaper01_ said:
@Ivanthaboi I respectfully disagree. This was the only fight that was rushed and while its not the as good as the other fights, it was decent

Fair, i just feel like the first 4 fights were on another level. Specifically Adam vs Zeus, Jack the ripper vs Hercules and Poseidon vs Kojiro
Nov 5, 2023 5:12 PM

May 2023
Reply to Ivanthaboi
SoulReaper01_ said:

Fair, i just feel like the first 4 fights were on another level. Specifically Adam vs Zeus, Jack the ripper vs Hercules and Poseidon vs Kojiro
@Ivanthaboi I can totally see that. All those fights you mentioned were amazing without a doubt
Nov 5, 2023 10:35 PM
Sep 2016
Reply to Ivanthaboi
@Ivanthaboi I would agree if Buddha vs Bishamonten wasn't included in that. There is no way that fight isn't at least in the top 3 best fights of this series.
Nov 5, 2023 10:45 PM
Sep 2020
J3_Omega said:
@Ivanthaboi I would agree if Buddha vs Bishamonten wasn't included in that. There is no way that fight isn't at least in the top 3 best fights of this series.

Imo it dragged on for way too long but it was pretty good
Nov 5, 2023 10:59 PM
Sep 2016
Reply to TheMangaManiac
What the actual f... this is it? This is the fight? It's rushed as hell especially compared to long ones like Buddha vs Zerofuku. We barely got into it, got backstories and bam- we're done. I haven't even seen new volume's cover to test that number theory. Eh. Whatever. It's not a bad fight, bow vs shield is indeed an interesting choice, and I can't say the winner is all that unexpected.
@TheMangaManiac It was short, but don't really think it was rushed. Was about the same length as Lubu vs Thor and Adam vs Zeus. I think we've just gotten too used to longer fights with the more recent rounds. I'd honestly prefer if some fights weren't drawn out like this one. Raiden vs Shiva or Tesla vs Beelzebub were okay fights, but they were made worse by how unnecessarily long they were. Ready to get passed this fight and prepare the hype line-up for these last four rounds.
Nov 5, 2023 11:04 PM
Sep 2016
Reply to Ivanthaboi
J3_Omega said:

Imo it dragged on for way too long but it was pretty good
@Ivanthaboi Understandable. I thought the same thing for a lot of other fights in the series. Personally, I think Buddha vs Bishamonten and Jack vs Hercules are the only two long fights that should be as drawn out as they are.
Nov 6, 2023 5:39 AM
May 2021
It was not rushed for heaven's sake, it was perfect, honestly speaking if we had to wait one more chapter then it would have felt dragged, one backstory for each, sufficient interaction, no repetition of same dialogues, no unnecessary over-gratitude, they respect each other in the end but don't completely fall in love, it was also fast paced and the only fight where not a single moment was boring.
Nov 7, 2023 3:48 PM

Jul 2010
Reply to J3_Omega
@TheMangaManiac It was short, but don't really think it was rushed. Was about the same length as Lubu vs Thor and Adam vs Zeus. I think we've just gotten too used to longer fights with the more recent rounds. I'd honestly prefer if some fights weren't drawn out like this one. Raiden vs Shiva or Tesla vs Beelzebub were okay fights, but they were made worse by how unnecessarily long they were. Ready to get passed this fight and prepare the hype line-up for these last four rounds.
@J3_Omega Lyu Bu vs Thor is one of the worst fights, if not THE worst fight in the series, imo. I think Adam vs Zeus was a bit longer, but I am too lazy to double-check it. Some of the fights were dragged out, like Raiden vs Shiva or Buddha vs Bishamonten, but I think Tesla vs Belzebub and Jack vs Heracles were just perfect length. Not too long, not too short. I can get that first fights were much shorter- authors were only tasting the waters + it's important to hook up the readers, so shorter fights make sense. Now? It feels like they really wanted to skip this fight or trying to speedrun the rest of the tournament. We'll see how things go in the next chapters...
Nov 7, 2023 6:46 PM
Sep 2016
Reply to TheMangaManiac
@J3_Omega Lyu Bu vs Thor is one of the worst fights, if not THE worst fight in the series, imo. I think Adam vs Zeus was a bit longer, but I am too lazy to double-check it. Some of the fights were dragged out, like Raiden vs Shiva or Buddha vs Bishamonten, but I think Tesla vs Belzebub and Jack vs Heracles were just perfect length. Not too long, not too short. I can get that first fights were much shorter- authors were only tasting the waters + it's important to hook up the readers, so shorter fights make sense. Now? It feels like they really wanted to skip this fight or trying to speedrun the rest of the tournament. We'll see how things go in the next chapters...
@TheMangaManiac What more needed to be shown in this fight, though? It's definitely not at the level of Jack vs Hercules or Buddha vs Bishamonten, but there wasn't anything missing or rushed.

I don't buy the idea that the first 3 out of 13 fights needed to be shorter for those reasons. Sasaki vs Poseidon and Adam vs Zeus were solid short fights. If they were as long as the rest, they would've felt unnecessarily dragged out and far less impactful than they were. There's no difference with Leonidas vs Apollo except where it falls in the fight order, which brings me back to people being too used to longer fights now.

Some fights aren't meant to be a back and forth marathon with multiple chapters of backstory abd power ups. Some are fine as compact bouts where you get to know the fighters as they rip each other apart at full power and finish the battle with a clash of their strongest attack. Leonidas vs Apollo was one of those fights, and there's nothing wrong with that.

With the remaining line-up of fighters, I'm sure we'll be getting another long fight in the next round. Hopefully we'll finally get Loki vs Okita or Rasputin vs Anubis.
Nov 7, 2023 11:23 PM

Apr 2023
Reply to Mei-o_Scarlett
author realising no one cares about the manga anymore cause the last one before this was the most one sided bs ever
@Mei-o_Scarlett Yes Round 8 was very one-sided, although I feel like Round 7's one-sided situation was worse.

Not only did Qin get 2 backstories, but he had more moments and explanations. Hades only got a few that didn't really go much into detail. Tesla did get a fair share of explanations and moments. His backstory could've been better but was somewhat decent. Hades on the other hand, it feels a lot like he only got a backstory for the sake of having one. It also made the round feel more like King VS Elder Brother than King VS King.

No matter which way I look at it, I think Hades was just there for the plot to move forward. Would've been better if he was just a spectator.
If I had to choose between One Piece and a girlfriend...I think I'll go with One Piece
Nov 8, 2023 12:33 AM

Oct 2015
Reply to Fukoku
@Mei-o_Scarlett Yes Round 8 was very one-sided, although I feel like Round 7's one-sided situation was worse.

Not only did Qin get 2 backstories, but he had more moments and explanations. Hades only got a few that didn't really go much into detail. Tesla did get a fair share of explanations and moments. His backstory could've been better but was somewhat decent. Hades on the other hand, it feels a lot like he only got a backstory for the sake of having one. It also made the round feel more like King VS Elder Brother than King VS King.

No matter which way I look at it, I think Hades was just there for the plot to move forward. Would've been better if he was just a spectator.
@Fukoku i mean
if we talk backstory
raiden also had 2 backastory and dude was still shit so
So embarrased with Tensura fans and the fandom, how have we degraded
Nov 8, 2023 12:34 AM

Apr 2023
Mei-o_Scarlett said:
@Fukoku i mean
if we talk backstory
raiden also had 2 backastory and dude was still shit so

Shiva had such a good backstory that it’s not minded. Also, I don’t think people really cared for Raiden bc only a few people in Japan actually heard of him.
If I had to choose between One Piece and a girlfriend...I think I'll go with One Piece
Nov 11, 2023 5:26 AM

Feb 2016
Such a quick chapter, an uncool fight and super simple and emotionless.

What a disappointment.

Anywhere in the Galaxy
Nov 23, 2023 11:27 PM
Sep 2021
This chapter has been spectacular, but too rushed; it could have easily been two chapters
Dec 24, 2023 6:00 AM

Feb 2021
That was one PACKED chapter and with this chapter, the 9th round concludes.

Apollo is like a glass canon. He hits extremely hard but has less durability. Technically, Leonidas didn't even get half the hits he had on him but even still he looks just as battered up.

Apollo's bow attack was the most damaging one and was kinda unfair. Arrows that are invisible and move at the speed of light. Leo took way too many shots from them.

It was one of the shortest battles yet if not the most. It had hype moments but I expected Leo to have a longer fight with someone more important like Odin. Although lore-wise, it was decent. I really hope the upcoming fights don't end up being short like this one or worse - get rushed
DeonXDec 24, 2023 6:04 AM
◑ ━━━━━ ▣ ━━━━━ ◐
"Everything I've witnessed... This whole system you have built has always rejected me. Now I'm ready to reject it. That's why I destroy. That's why I took this power for myself. Simple enough, yeah? I don't care if you don't understand... That's what makes us... Heroes and Villains."
◑ ━━━━━ ▣ ━━━━━ ◐
Dec 24, 2023 9:10 AM
Dec 2020
Reply to PinkFloyd007
It was not rushed for heaven's sake, it was perfect, honestly speaking if we had to wait one more chapter then it would have felt dragged, one backstory for each, sufficient interaction, no repetition of same dialogues, no unnecessary over-gratitude, they respect each other in the end but don't completely fall in love, it was also fast paced and the only fight where not a single moment was boring.
@PinkFloyd007 100% correct, fast paced doesn't mean rushed

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shuumatsu no Walküre Chapter 94 Discussion

Brunilde - Sep 27

3 by TheMangaManiac »»
Sep 30, 5:10 PM

Poll: » Shuumatsu no Walküre Chapter 92 Discussion

Brunilde - Aug 27

6 by SoulReaper01_ »»
Sep 12, 1:52 PM

Poll: » Shuumatsu no Walküre Chapter 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2019

9 by ajaora_hmm »»
Sep 8, 8:33 PM

Poll: » Shuumatsu no Walküre Chapter 77 Discussion

Toxin456 - Apr 27, 2023

11 by KiwiKiwiq »»
Aug 16, 6:13 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu no Walküre Chapter 73 Discussion

TheMangaManiac - Jan 6, 2023

7 by KiwiKiwiq »»
Aug 16, 6:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.