Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 7, 2023 8:56 AM

Jul 2017
Oh welp, even Sirius's mascot Dugong is an indication of a future Dai Star, which Yae is its favourite. Kathrina would not admit defeat, and she reaped the losses lol.

The next production being of Arabian Nights's "Aladdin and the Enchanted Lamp", this is to prove that both the newbies and veterans have what it takes to overtake Yae, who's next in line to become Sirius's Dai Star. The prominent story being of Aladdin and the Genie of the Lamp, Yae would predictably take the former, while the latter can be anybody else. But Noa's surprise restructuring to have Kokona play Aladdin, while Yae as the Genie and Kathrina as the Sultan, it certainly caught Panda off-guard to only then relinquish her acceptance after Noa and Hana's careful discussion. The 90-minutes production regimen, while certainly a head-tripper, Panda loaning her past copy to Kokona and apologizing for her rudeness before, it's a sign of trust for the newbie to undertake and understand Aladdin from a POV, that's why the Senses will play a huge pivotal role since Aladdin has no solid character.

Yae living together with Kokona until the production starts, coupled with a letter from her parents, they would re-enact Aladdin and the Genie. Though with THIS many people, both Panda and Chisa kidnapping Kathrina out of their room, the production regimen has already started and kicked into high gear. Regardless, Yae will not break her character in front of Kokona, who is still finding difficulty playing her version of Aladdin, which the former encourages her to search deep and hard, more or less working together. While Yae is constantly renewing herself into becoming a World Dai Star, Kokona will help her elevate to that point.

The reason for why Kokona was chosen for a main role...it's definitely one of a stepping stone, a replacement.
May 7, 2023 10:04 AM
Apr 2023
KANLen09 said:
Oh welp, even Sirius's mascot Dugong is an indication of a future Dai Star, which Yae is its favourite. Kathrina would not admit defeat, and she reaped the losses lol.

The next production being of Arabian Nights's "Aladdin and the Enchanted Lamp", this is to prove that both the newbies and veterans have what it takes to overtake Yae, who's next in line to become Sirius's Dai Star. The prominent story being of Aladdin and the Genie of the Lamp, Yae would predictably take the former, while the latter can be anybody else. But Noa's surprise restructuring to have Kokona play Aladdin, while Yae as the Genie and Kathrina as the Sultan, it certainly caught Panda off-guard to only then relinquish her acceptance after Noa and Hana's careful discussion. The 90-minutes production regimen, while certainly a head-tripper, Panda loaning her past copy to Kokona and apologizing for her rudeness before, it's a sign of trust for the newbie to undertake and understand Aladdin from a POV, that's why the Senses will play a huge pivotal role since Aladdin has no solid character.

Yae living together with Kokona until the production starts, coupled with a letter from her parents, they would re-enact Aladdin and the Genie. Though with THIS many people, both Panda and Chisa kidnapping Kathrina out of their room, the production regimen has already started and kicked into high gear. Regardless, Yae will not break her character in front of Kokona, who is still finding difficulty playing her version of Aladdin, which the former encourages her to search deep and hard, more or less working together. While Yae is constantly renewing herself into becoming a World Dai Star, Kokona will help her elevate to that point.

The reason for why Kokona was chosen for a main role...it's definitely one of a stepping stone, a replacement.

How funny would it be if Kokona somehow makes a 180 turn and shines during the perfomance rather than becoming a stepping stone.
May 7, 2023 10:25 AM
Mar 2018
Dang, so Kokona is just gonna be used to advance Yae-chan?! Yae being able to ensnare Kokona looks to be part of her Sense maybe since (aside from the glowing) Kokona looked completely captured by her gaze when she was saying surely it'll go well if she's with Yae-chan which is completely different from how Shizuka and Kokona typically interact with her. Later when Kokona said she wanted Yae-chan to become a Dai Star as her other wish, I'm not sure if Yae would have felt bad or not for setting up Kokona to make herself benefit from it since it seemed Kokona was being sincere since she adores and respects Yae, I don't believe it was part of Yae's Sense influence. I really hope Yae doesn't turn out to be as evil as this is looking to be since she's their angel that they look up to. I'm also really liking how Kathrina is with Kokona now and wanting to help her and such. Definitely a top saddest moment when she got kicked out of their room so Yae can move in after she just got done offering Kokona to help her with practicing in the most tsundere way possible.
May 7, 2023 11:45 AM
Mar 2021
its sad that they just want to use kokona so yae-chan will shine bright. I Like Yae-chan but everyone if focusing on her, even tho Kokona has Talent too! she just need a bit more Practice
May 7, 2023 12:41 PM

Feb 2019
I knew something was off from the beginning with Kokona being selected as the lead. She’s had no time to grow since her copycat audition so there’s no way they really trusted her in a lead role. But using her as a stepping stone to make Yae look better is fucked up. Yes, Kokona wants to see Yae succeed, but not at a detriment to herself. Lost a lot of respect for SIRIUS.
May 7, 2023 1:31 PM
Apr 2023
Marinate1016 said:
I knew something was off from the beginning with Kokona being selected as the lead. She’s had no time to grow since her copycat audition so there’s no way they really trusted her in a lead role. But using her as a stepping stone to make Yae look better is fucked up. Yes, Kokona wants to see Yae succeed, but not at a detriment to herself. Lost a lot of respect for SIRIUS.

Now i feel like wanting them to get karma for using Kokona as a stepping stone.
May 7, 2023 2:17 PM

Oct 2007
Yae is really matured in thinking.
looks like she has another goal, not just becoming World Dai Star.
some more thing would probably be revealed as she lives with Kokona for a few months.

Kathrin get bit by Dugong. lol
well, it's nice she's no longer hostile.
I think the Sultan role is just right for her.

looking forward to next week. :>
May 7, 2023 8:57 PM

Jul 2015
Yae is spot on and wise beyond her years.
If she wants to be Dai Star, she needs to be more versatile and show, that she can act out more than one character archetype.

May 9, 2023 11:04 AM

Sep 2017
Complicated way to say i love you :D
It's cute in the beginning Kathrina act cold toward Kokona and now all she want is Kokona attention, oh and Yae look like Kokona wife 
I also have good feeling about Yae to Kokona in next episode!
May 21, 2023 11:36 AM
Feb 2016
Me gusta el anime.

Jun 7, 2023 9:50 PM

Nov 2009
LOL, Kathrina as the Sultan

Bet she wanted to be either Aladdin or the Princess.

huh, they were saying how the previous Dai Star left and they're going to make Yae the next Dai Star...

Turns out they were right, and they're using the newbies that isn't as experienced to make Yae look a lot better. (actually similar to Real life industries...)

But they still did sorta teach Kokona some acting training.

Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jun 12, 2023 5:49 AM
Oct 2021
Wow, I’m really enjoying this series so far!

It’s so good, I don’t know why everyone is sleeping on it this season :/

More topics from this board

Poll: » World Dai Star Episode 9 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jun 4, 2023

16 by shiroi-ookami »»
Aug 16, 4:59 AM

» German language

DreamingBeats - May 6, 2023

6 by shiroi-ookami »»
Aug 15, 6:03 AM

Poll: » World Dai Star Episode 12 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jun 25, 2023

36 by onlybyjan »»
Jul 5, 1:23 PM

Poll: » World Dai Star Episode 3 Discussion

Syureria - Apr 23, 2023

34 by Thaliel »»
Jul 1, 10:45 PM

Poll: » World Dai Star Episode 2 Discussion

Syureria - Apr 16, 2023

32 by Thaliel »»
Jul 1, 10:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.