Forum Settings
Forums

'Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute!' Gets Second Season

New
Feb 22, 2023 4:43 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
The livestream program commemorating the final episode broadcast of Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! (The Eminence in Shadow) announced a second season on Wednesday, revealing a teaser promo and teaser visual (pictured). The main staff and cast members are set to reprise their roles.

The first season produced by animation studio Nexus premiered last October and ended on February 15 with 20 episodes. Sentai Filmworks licensed the anime in North America and streamed it on HIDIVE.

Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! adapts Daisuke Aizawa's comedy fantasy light novel, which he launched on the Shousetsuka ni Narou website in May 2018. Kadokawa began publishing the series through its Enterbrain label with illustrations by Touzai in November that year and released the fifth volume on December 28.

Anri Sakano (Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou desu yo? Z) launched a manga adaptation in Monthly Comp Ace in December 2018. The magazine also began serializing a spin-off by Seta U in July 2019. Kadokawa shipped the tenth and fourth volume of each manga on November 25 and October 25, respectively.

Yen Press licensed the light novel and manga adaptation in English and published the fourth novel volume on June 7 last year. The fifth manga volume went on sale on October 4..

Teaser PV

Official site: https://shadow-garden.jp/
Official Twitter: @Shadowgarden_PR

Source: Press Release

Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! 2nd season on MAL
VindstotFeb 22, 2023 6:01 AM

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 22, 2023 4:50 AM

Mar 2021
Lets gooooooooooooooo!!!!
Each arc gets better and better!!
Feb 22, 2023 5:00 AM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
Okay i'm hyped. I think the first season was fine. But ppl say it gets better and better, so i'm looking forward to watch it!
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Feb 22, 2023 5:01 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Felt inevitable with how S1 ended but great news nonetheless
Feb 22, 2023 5:02 AM

Oct 2015
No signs of John Smith yet.

Looks like it will only cover up to Red Moon arc.

Waiting for Yen Press to translate Volume 5. >_>
Feb 22, 2023 5:05 AM

Jul 2015
So, the rumours were true. Very good. Very nice. Especially in the age of AI generated garbage Isekai, it is good, that we get a sequel to an actual decent one.

Feb 22, 2023 5:06 AM
Sep 2022
Season 1's ending felt like it was setting up a second season, and it did pretty well, so this was to be a expected.

It's great to see a light novel being adapted properly, for once, and the next few arcs in the light novel are amazing, so I'll be looking forwards to when this releases.
Feb 22, 2023 5:09 AM

May 2020
Talk about not wasting a shred of hype. Announced it within a week.
Feb 22, 2023 5:17 AM

Oct 2017
I'm hoping that the leak of s2 airing this fall is also true.
Feb 22, 2023 5:28 AM

Mar 2012
Why is this anime so hyped, watched 2 episodes and found it to be fairly typical isekai with OP MC and harem cringe.
Feb 22, 2023 5:57 AM

Jul 2017
Really, the hype for "I Am Atomic" doesn't go away, hopefully it comes soon enough!
Feb 22, 2023 5:59 AM

Jan 2023
This MC was so cringe to watch, that hurts my brain cells, I wonder who it gets so popular and hyped lmao
Feb 22, 2023 6:05 AM
Apr 2019
Maou_heika said:
Why is this anime so hyped, watched 2 episodes and found it to be fairly typical isekai with OP MC and harem cringe.
I guess it is just really accessible - you do not need to turn on your braincells - and people are having fun with that. If you turn them on though, it is just the same old boring op isekai formula you already know mixed with chunnibyou and harem...
Feb 22, 2023 6:26 AM
Jun 2020
AkaiBullet said:
Maou_heika said:
I guess it is just really accessible - you do not need to turn on your braincells - and people are having fun with that. If you turn them on though, it is just the same old boring op isekai formula you already know mixed with chunnibyou and harem...
thats it i guess thats why many people prefer this or mushoku tensei over re zero since they cant understand with their bean size brain re zero
Feb 22, 2023 6:27 AM

Mar 2012
AkaiBullet said:
Maou_heika said:
I never understood that whole "turn your brain off" thing, how do you even do that, how can you enjoy anything if your brain if off!? I can understand CGDCT is easier to watch since you don't have to think about the plot but harem isekai with op MCs are just way to cringe, can't help but think how idiotic the entire setup is.
Feb 22, 2023 7:21 AM

Jan 2019
Can't wait. Most enjoyable show that I have watched this year.
Feb 22, 2023 7:21 AM

Feb 2021
It was only a matter of time, the blu-ray sold really well.

I love the LN so I hope this second season is just as good as the first one.
Feb 22, 2023 8:01 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I'm hyped out of my mind for this....This series didn't disappoint in the slightest so I'm glad that it got a second season so fast
Feb 22, 2023 8:12 AM
Jan 2019
Maou_heika said:
you watched 2 episodes out of 20. The 1st episode didn’t even have anything to do with the 1st season and the 2nd episode was the intro to the MC and his “secret organization” you gave up before it even started And your here asking why it’s hyped?
Feb 22, 2023 8:17 AM

Mar 2012
Travis501 said:
Maou_heika said:
you watched 2 episodes out of 20. The 1st episode didn’t even have anything to do with the 1st season and the 2nd episode was the intro to the MC and his “secret organization” you gave up before it even started And your here asking why it’s hyped?
Yes, because ep 2 was cringe af, typical isekai crap, don't want to be a masochist and torture myself for another 18 episodes.
Feb 22, 2023 8:34 AM

Sep 2021
Can't wait, the first season was so entertaining. Last episode was actually good which is pretty rare.

Just hope the wait isn't too long.
Feb 22, 2023 9:05 AM

May 2021
 LET'S GO! eminence in peak season 2!!! expected but still, very exciting. 

Feb 22, 2023 9:09 AM
Jan 2021
Maou_heika said:

Personally, I think this a weak stance. You don't have to like it, everyone has different tastes and that's cool, but forming AND sharing an opinion after watching 10% of a season is ridiculous.
Found it cringe? Neat. Drop it and move on. The rest of us are excited.

"That guy definitely committed the crime your Honor!"
"You witnessed it?"
"I saw him in the general area hours earlier, but then I left."
"Riiight... So do any CREDIBLE witnesses have something to say?"
Feb 22, 2023 9:15 AM
Jul 2020
OH YESZ AGFRGFS AH...reminder that If u complain about this u are a closet homosexual and Will never be a woman
Feb 22, 2023 9:17 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Maou_heika said:
I think this is a bit misinformed so I guess I'll bite

I think the Eminence in Shadow is more similar to Code Geass than a typical isekai if anything, and the appeal is in the same vein. You've got a similar kind of secret organization setup where the main characters are not necessarily the good guys but rather fighting from the shadows under hidden identities, oftentimes against what'd be considered the established order of society. I also wouldn't really call it a harem either, yeah sure the other members of Shadow Garden are women but for the most part Cid and the others are acting separately from each other. Aside from one episode somewhere in the middle there is basically nothing in the way of fanservice shenanigans

Also I think Cid himself is a big selling point for a lot of people. He is one of the most chuuni characters I've ever seen, to the point where it actually dictates the storytelling and isn't just a personality quirk. Now I can understand people also finding it cringey because it definitely is, but it's also quite entertaining
Feb 22, 2023 9:24 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Maou_heika said:
Travis501 said:
Yes, because ep 2 was cringe af, typical isekai crap, don't want to be a masochist and torture myself for another 18 episodes.
This entire series is LITERALLY satire and the MC being a chuuni just adds to the comedy....That's why I love it a lot...The typical isekai stuff are just extra things to make the world feel more alive + add to the comedy

We have characters named fucking Perv Asshat and Mundane Man lmaoooooo....That and Cid was calling himself the Stylish Ruffian Slayer lol, this is comedy gold
Feb 22, 2023 9:29 AM

Mar 2012
AnimeRacoon said:
Maou_heika said:

Personally, I think this a weak stance. You don't have to like it, everyone has different tastes and that's cool, but forming AND sharing an opinion after watching 10% of a season is ridiculous.

"You witnessed it?"
Already dropped it, like I mentioned earlier ep 2 was good enough to give an introduction to the characters and settings and it was your run of the mill isekai. Come back when the MC is not an OP cringelord and all the team members are not girls.
Feb 22, 2023 9:33 AM

Feb 2022
Great news for fans. There is nothing like ending a season to find out there will be more to come. Doesn't always work that way.
Feb 22, 2023 9:33 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Maou_heika said:
AnimeRacoon said:

"You witnessed it?"
Already dropped it, like I mentioned earlier ep 2 was good enough to give an introduction to the characters and settings and it was your run of the mill isekai. Come back when the MC is not an OP cringelord and all the team members are not girls.
This response tells me that you simply just didn't get it lol....I dunno how one can watch the first two episodes of this and think that this is going to be written as a typical isekai when clear as day, this whole thing is pure satire driven by a self aware chuuni that's just getting by on his random bullshit xD
Feb 22, 2023 9:37 AM

Mar 2012
Tokoya said:
Maou_heika said:
This response tells me that you simply just didn't get it lol....I dunno how one can watch the first two episodes of this and think that this is going to be written as a typical isekai when clear as day, this whole thing is pure satire driven by a self aware chuuni that's just getting by on his random bullshit xD
The fact that a chuuni reincarnated into a world where he can fulfill his delusions is what typical isekai does which I found cringe in ep 2 so I dropped it.
Feb 22, 2023 9:50 AM

Mar 2012
You can drop and not liking show without insulting other people who enjoying the show you know?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 22, 2023 10:43 AM
Mar 2010
Maou_heika said:
Why even say anything? You can like or dislike whatever you want, but to give an opinion when you haven't even watched enough to know why it's popular? And then to ask why it's popular when you have made a premature judgement? It's sad really.
Drop by my profile and leave me a message!
Feb 22, 2023 11:53 AM

May 2014
Yes! Yes! Yes! Great news.

Let's go with it as soon as possible! 
### ||| 私はアニメと日本文化が大好きです ||| ###"Kago-ni noru hito, katsugu hito, sono mata waraji-o tsukuru." ###
Feb 22, 2023 12:51 PM

Jun 2014
Been making my way through season 1 so it's nice to know already that there will be more on the way once I finish.

Lol typical MAL, pointless inane arguments going down in the forum because for some reason anime fans are incapable of fathoming the thought of people liking and enjoying things they might not personally like or enjoy.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Feb 22, 2023 12:52 PM

Dec 2015
Maou_heika said:
and after reading every subsequent comment you made, it just carves into stone how ignorant you are. but to each their own. do continue to live in that insular bubble which seems to shield you from the fact that you can neither defend your position nor assail any others with such a staggeringly miniscule intellect. next time you wish to step forth into the public eye and wave your lack of knowledge about like a flag... do hesitate a moment and consider that the masses don't need to be exposed to such feeble minded blather. 
just an ol school otaku enjoyin the life. don't sass me kiddies, i've been otaku probably since before you were born. leave me in peace and i won't bother you either.
Feb 22, 2023 1:08 PM

Dec 2015
i'm glad to get this news! :D i enjoyed this show a great deal and i wish the staff and such all the best of health, wealth, and godspeed on their journey to completing S2! 
just an ol school otaku enjoyin the life. don't sass me kiddies, i've been otaku probably since before you were born. leave me in peace and i won't bother you either.
Feb 22, 2023 1:11 PM
Jul 2020
Maou_heika said:
https://youtu.be/pXaSFN9VYbw
Feb 22, 2023 1:14 PM

Mar 2022
Well that made my day can't wait for the second season, yea its cornie, yea its been done before, but anything that can manage to be this cornie and epic at the same time is fine by me. Personal tastes are Personal after all.
Feb 22, 2023 1:30 PM

Jul 2022
Maou_heika said:
It is to trashy power fantasies what Kami Nomi was to  harem. A parody, but at the same time the best of it's kind. The balance is what makes it so good in my opinion. There are times I was laughing at the ridiculousness of it all, as much as there were times I was genuinely hyped.
Feb 22, 2023 2:41 PM
Jan 2021
Maou_heika said:
AnimeRacoon said:

"You witnessed it?"

How about don't come back?

I don't understand why people can't keep their mouths shut and let other people enjoy what they enjoy.
Feb 22, 2023 4:53 PM

Jun 2019
Let's go i can't wait to realize s2 in fall 2023 but is great to get a sequel.
Feb 22, 2023 4:58 PM

Feb 2022
Maou_heika said:
AnimeRacoon said:

"You witnessed it?"

it's very easy to stay away from what you don't like and don't make things difficult for yourself.

I'm confused by people like you, seeing other people happy you feel disgusted and seeing other people depressed you feel happy

Feb 22, 2023 5:16 PM

Oct 2021
Maou_heika said:
It's a parody of isekai & edge the same way Nozaki-kun is a parody of shoujo.
Feb 22, 2023 9:07 PM

Sep 2017
Yumi_Sakigami said:
This MC was so cringe to watch, that hurts my brain cells, I wonder who it gets so popular and hyped lmao
Way to totally miss the point
~ May all the beauty be blessed ~
Feb 22, 2023 10:42 PM

Mar 2014
Nah this shitshow is not for me, its a pass
Feb 23, 2023 12:56 AM
Apr 2019
Maou_heika said:
I never understood that whole "turn your brain off" thing, how do you even do that, how can you enjoy anything if your brain if off!? I can understand CGDCT is easier to watch since you don't have to think about the plot but harem isekai with op MCs are just way to cringe, can't help but think how idiotic the entire setup is.
It´s just a figure of speech, for me at least. I would say that it can be enjoyable if you get home from work and just need some light entertainment, people seem to enjoy it in that way from what I know from friends of mine. For me personally it´s bad, altough I am in a way happy for the people who like it. I am unhappy with the quality of the anime itself and would therefore like to have more people criticizing it. But if that is what people want and deem it worthy of a 9/10 or so, what can you do huh.
Feb 23, 2023 4:41 AM

Mar 2012
Miraikane said:
Maou_heika said:

it's very easy to stay away from what you don't like and don't make things difficult for yourself.

I'm confused by people like you, seeing other people happy you feel disgusted and seeing other people depressed you feel happy

Yeah, truly disgusting that trash like this gets multiple seasons while good shows don't because the anime community is filled with a bunch of horny losers that want self-insert OP MCs that are cringelords that they can relate to
Feb 23, 2023 7:34 AM

May 2019
Maou_heika said:

Is anyone who enjoys such a criminal?

Must everyone conform to your opinion of good/bad or right/wrong? ;)

Live and let live.
"Wizard's First Rule: people are stupid." -  Terry Goodkind, "Wizard's First Rule"
Feb 23, 2023 7:54 AM

Apr 2017
RedChrome said:
Nah this shitshow is not for me, its a pass
I'd understand that you didn't like the show but to rate it a 2? that's just plain bashing my dude, 5/10 or a 6/10 maybe I'd imagine a hater pov, the fight scenes alone gives it a great deal of a score, the OST was really good, the characters basically needs understanding what they are and what they represent in order to feel them if you just look at them and judge well "they're his harem" most ppl say and it's dumb to assume so, the story is not that amazing but it's still interesting and engaging, the animation wasn't sakuga worthy but at the same time it wasn't any less good, all of this wouldn't let this anime drop from a solid score of 7.6/10, at the end of the day ppl have opinions and tastes and at least unlike many others you actually stayed for the whole thing and that's great, it means you're more entitled to give an opinion about this anime than they'll ever will, have a good day/night mate.
Feb 23, 2023 3:55 PM

Feb 2022
Maou_heika said:
Miraikane said:

Yeah, truly disgusting that trash like this gets multiple seasons while good shows don't because the anime community is filled with a bunch of horny losers that want self-insert OP MCs that are cringelords that they can relate to

bla bla bla bla and bla, aaah finally I understand that I'm talking to the wall 

OK, thankyou and

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» 'Lazarus' Unveils Main Staff, Cast, 2025 Premiere

DatRandomDude - Oct 18

28 by deg »»
2 hours ago

» Manga 'Watashi wo Tabetai, Hitodenashi' Gets TV Anime in 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

8 by RobertBobert »»
Today, 2:59 AM

» 'Doraemon' Voice Actress Nobuyo Ooyama Dies at 90

Vindstot - Oct 11

17 by luffysenchou »»
Today, 12:38 AM

» Webtoon 'The Beginning After The End' Gets TV Anime in 2025

DatRandomDude - Oct 19

32 by subahokke »»
Yesterday, 9:07 PM

» 'Ganbare! Nakamura-kun!!' Reveals Production Staff, Teaser Promo, 2025 Debut

DatRandomDude - Oct 18

10 by okamoto4 »»
Yesterday, 4:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.