Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Executioner and Her Way of Life
Available on Manga Store
New
Jun 23, 2022 5:44 AM
Mar 2016
Reading the synopsis then actually watching the first episode really bugged me. I get the feeling the twist of Menou killing Mutou Mitsuki was something that should be experienced in the episode but the sysnopsis here on MAL straight up ruins that twist.

I think it should be changed to remove the part about her killing him and actually being an executioner. It really hurts the impact of episode 1.

"But while Mutou celebrates, Menou shows her true colors and stabs him in the head, killing him instantly." Everything after and including this line should be changed to not spoil the very important twist for episode one. I went into it expecting it to be just the opening scene of her killing him but its the ENTIRE episode set up to be a big reveal where she actually kills people like him. I've never had a problem with synopses here on MAL before but I felt this was egregious on the part of whoever wrote it. It's half synopsis half spoiler for episode 1.
Jun 23, 2022 6:51 AM
Sep 2020
I totally agree but then again if the sypnosis were like generic isekai I bet less people will watch it. This isn't like School-live where there are many audiences who like CGDCT. I mean isekai also have many audience but in same time many of those audiences despised generic isekai. So yeah the spoiler is actually helped the views a bit. And tbh I actually watch this because of the sypnosis.
Jun 23, 2022 10:28 AM

Jul 2021
MadMattDog said:
Reading the synopsis then actually watching the first episode really bugged me. I get the feeling the twist of Menou killing Mutou Mitsuki was something that should be experienced in the episode but the sysnopsis here on MAL straight up ruins that twist.

I think it should be changed to remove the part about her killing him and actually being an executioner. It really hurts the impact of episode 1.

"But while Mutou celebrates, Menou shows her true colors and stabs him in the head, killing him instantly." Everything after and including this line should be changed to not spoil the very important twist for episode one. I went into it expecting it to be just the opening scene of her killing him but its the ENTIRE episode set up to be a big reveal where she actually kills people like him. I've never had a problem with synopses here on MAL before but I felt this was egregious on the part of whoever wrote it. It's half synopsis half spoiler for episode 1.

i don't really think so. the title translates literally to "Executioner Girl's Wedding Aisle" so as far as i can tell it's not meant to be that much of a twist that the main girl we see is an executioner. if it is, then it wasn't exactly surprising, since the dialogue leading up to it was kind of janky and unbelievable for "MC" and "MC 2" introductions.
-- art-house/psychological/stylish/philosophical anime enjoyer with yuri bias and the attention span of a smol-antlered creature --
Jun 23, 2022 1:16 PM

Mar 2019

this series does not depend on a plot twist that occurred 10 minutes into the first episode, I never try to be something deconstructive, much less with sensitive people who hate the idea of a girl as mc
Jun 23, 2022 1:24 PM

Jan 2021
By this logic the synopsis for Fairy Tail shouldn't mention that Natsu is a member of the Guild as that's a twist in the last few minutes of the first episode. First episode twists are a thing, and I really see the point in hiding it.
Jun 23, 2022 1:54 PM

Feb 2017
MAL also did gakkou gurashi dirty,
casually spoiling one of the best twists in the synopsis
Jun 23, 2022 1:57 PM

Feb 2017
3looming said:
MadMattDog said:

i don't really think so. the title translates literally to "Executioner Girl's Wedding Aisle" so as far as i can tell it's not meant to be that much of a twist that the main girl we see is an executioner. if it is, then it wasn't exactly surprising, since the dialogue leading up to it was kind of janky and unbelievable for "MC" and "MC 2" introductions.

menou being an executioner isnt a twist, the twist is when mitsuki is dead permanently after she knifed him in the face

More topics from this board

» This Anime deserves a 2nd season!!

MarekPPP - Aug 31

10 by zIlverKitsune »»
Oct 6, 5:51 AM

Poll: » Shokei Shoujo no Virgin Road Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2022

330 by LycorAxis »»
Sep 23, 9:34 AM

Poll: » Shokei Shoujo no Virgin Road Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2022

132 by MarekPPP »»
Aug 31, 1:40 PM

» This Anime doesn't deserve to get a new season!!

Rezelix112 - Jul 20

15 by MarekPPP »»
Aug 31, 11:22 AM

Poll: » Shokei Shoujo no Virgin Road Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 6, 2022

136 by AW_Flister »»
Aug 9, 6:15 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.