Forum Settings
Forums

Light Novel 'Nanatsu no Maken ga Shihai suru' Gets TV Anime

New
Dec 11, 2021 6:25 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013

A television anime adaptation of Bokuto Uno's Nanatsu no Maken ga Shihai suru (Reign of the Seven Spellblades) light novel was announced on the first day of the Dengeki Bunko Winter Festival 2021 event on Saturday.

Synopsis
In the world of magic, there exist deadly irreversible techniques commonly known as spellblades. These sparse and elusive spells, along with their casters, are shrouded in mystery and only their absolute lethality is known to the masses.

Every year, the spring blossom signifies a new intake of students to the prestigious magic school Kimberly. With reactions of awe and bewilderment, a ceremonious parade complete with magical beasts welcomes the newcomers to the institution. Among them is the mysterious Oliver Horn, whose indifference changes to fascination as he notices a peculiar figure—a girl wearing strange attire equipped with a Japanese sword.

From the entrance ceremony onward, Oliver realizes that not all is as it seems at Kimberly, as the emergence of labyrinths, monsters, and other threats endanger the new student body. Nanatsu no Maken ga Shihai suru explores the intertwined fates of two warriors as they uncover the dark truths that lurk within the walls of the academy. [Written by MAL Rewrite]

Uno began publishing the action fantasy novel—abbreviated as Nanatsuma—with illustrations by Ruria Miyuki under the Dengeki Bunko imprint in September 2018, approximately a month after ending Nejimaki Seirei Senki: Tenkyou no Alderamin (Alderamin on the Sky). Kadokawa shipped the eighth volume on September 10 (pictured right). Nanatsuma has a cumulative 300,000 copies of its volumes in print.

Sakae Esuno (Mirai Nikki, Big Order) began drawing a manga adaptation in Monthly Shounen Ace in May 2019. Kadokawa published the fourth volume on May 26, with the fifth volume scheduled for release on December 26.

Yen Press licensed both the light novel and the manga adaptation in English last July and this April, respectively. The publisher released the third light novel volume on July 27 and the first manga volume on November 16.

Nanatsu no Maken ga Shihai suru ranked first in the bunkobon category in the 2020 Kono Light Novel ga Sugoi! rankings.

Announcement

Novel special site: https://dengekibunko.jp/special/7-maken/

Source: Dengeki Online

Nanatsu no Maken ga Shihai suru on MAL
VindstotDec 14, 2021 12:22 AM

Dec 11, 2021 6:40 AM
Dec 2017
Is this isekai? The synopsis makes it sounds like normal fantasy. Not that there's anything wrong with isekai as long as it's good tho
Dec 11, 2021 6:42 AM

May 2018
Sounds like another generic LN adaptation about magic academy,
Second most common setting after isekai (when talking about LN)
Dec 11, 2021 6:47 AM

Dec 2018
GOSH what a so pretentious synopsis that goes into details that surely the series omits just to be another generic story about magic academy FACEPALM
Dec 11, 2021 6:48 AM

Feb 2016
It's gonna be interesting to see how they'll adapt the LN
Dec 11, 2021 6:48 AM
Jan 2018
Well looks like it's not an Isekai so i'm interested for now, although LN's score is reasonable (which is where the anime will adapt from), manga's is pretty low so let's wait and see
Dec 11, 2021 6:52 AM

Aug 2015
Read the manga for a while. Wasn't that bad, but somewhat boring. Depending on the quality of the adaptation, this might be a lot better as an anime though. Will give it a try.
Dec 11, 2021 7:55 AM

Oct 2017
More fantasy anime is always nice.
Dec 11, 2021 8:00 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Another fantasy anime....Sign me up
Dec 11, 2021 8:13 AM

Mar 2020
Holy fucking yes i knew this one will get anime adaption heck yeah
Dec 11, 2021 8:26 AM

Mar 2020
Come to think of it the Magical school trend existed longer than isekai did in anime its always among teens and nerdy otaku type adults mostly they took a back seat to isekai but with the recent announcement of this and demon lord in Excalibur academy i think they slowly getting up Good for those who into this I Guess but those people hardly exist in mal so lol
Dec 11, 2021 9:13 AM

Nov 2008
My god the mighty has fallen. Kadokawa has done Dengeki no favors lately, they're choosing pretty much the bottom of the barrel of LNs to adapt to the point that I'm questioning who's in charge of picking the LNs to adapt, it's laziness overall.

Dec 11, 2021 10:07 AM
Jul 2018
Let's go, my favourite LN getting adapted.
Dec 11, 2021 12:22 PM

Dec 2016
Bought the first volume a while ago, surprised to see it's getting an anime!
Dec 11, 2021 1:14 PM
May 2016
I have a question for LN readers. Is this a harem?
Dec 11, 2021 3:51 PM

Sep 2013
Socialloser said:
Is this isekai? The synopsis makes it sounds like normal fantasy. Not that there's anything wrong with isekai as long as it's good tho

It's native isekai.
Dec 11, 2021 5:54 PM
Dec 2013
klakson188 said:

It's complicated. I've read the first 3 volumes and the story has more potential than just being a generic magic academy series but at the same time it's not maximizing on that potential.

At the end of the first novel you're teased with an interesting direction things eventually will go in but don't go in right away.

Also I've never read or watched Harry Potter but the magical academy setting here is pretty ruthless. Does Harry Potter have the students more or less self-govern? A living academy that changes at night into a labyrinth and students kidnapping, experimenting on, and possibly killing each other? Does Harry Potter have the expectation that a majority of the students that enroll in the beginning will probably be dead well before graduation?
ninka22 said:

No, It also up until at least Vol 3 has no romance either.
Dec 11, 2021 6:01 PM
Dec 2013
Fede_5000 said:
GOSH what a so pretentious synopsis that goes into details that surely the series omits just to be another generic story about magic academy FACEPALM

spoiler about the direction the series is going to take. I basically give away the plot twist at the end of the first novel here

Dec 11, 2021 8:18 PM

Mar 2020
Some people still questioning why magic academy with harem elements lns gets adapted all the time while their so called unique LNS dont simple former is super popular there in japan ( i know shocking )
Dec 11, 2021 8:28 PM

Jun 2016
Awesome. I am happy this get anime adaption. I don t care if you guys call it generic or harem or whatever. This is gonna be good and exciting. Looking forward to this.

This is not isekai by the way.
DemonDarknightDec 11, 2021 8:45 PM

Dec 12, 2021 4:19 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
stone616 said:
klakson188 said:

It's complicated. I've read the first 3 volumes and the story has more potential than just being a generic magic academy series but at the same time it's not maximizing on that potential.

At the end of the first novel you're teased with an interesting direction things eventually will go in but don't go in right away.

Also I've never read or watched Harry Potter but the magical academy setting here is pretty ruthless. Does Harry Potter have the students more or less self-govern? A living academy that changes at night into a labyrinth and students kidnapping, experimenting on, and possibly killing each other? Does Harry Potter have the expectation that a majority of the students that enroll in the beginning will probably be dead well before graduation?
ninka22 said:

No, It also up until at least Vol 3 has no romance either.
Sign me the fuck up
Dec 12, 2021 8:55 PM

Dec 2018
Fede_5000 said:

spoiler about the direction the series is going to take. I basically give away the plot twist at the end of the first novel here

Revengezzz, it turned out to be even worse than I thought
Dec 13, 2021 4:34 AM

Sep 2017
Oh no. Another one of those magic high school anime that were popular about 5 years ago that people tend to forget after one season.
They stopped coming out since a few years ago. I wonder why are they coming back.

Nevermind. I figured it out. It's because of Demon Lord Academy which is also an Magic High School anime turned out to be very well received. They should realize that they shouldn't compare themselves to Demon Lord Academy. For one, Demon Lord Academy has a very entertaining, charismatic and confident MC, Anos, who is the furthest thing from those mind numbingly boring and generic MCs who can't pick a clue common on those other Magic High School anime.
RaibyouDec 13, 2021 4:52 AM
~ May all the beauty be blessed ~
Dec 14, 2021 3:10 PM

Apr 2013

Hoppy said:
My god the mighty has fallen. Kadokawa has done Dengeki no favors lately, they're choosing pretty much the bottom of the barrel of LNs to adapt to the point that I'm questioning who's in charge of picking the LNs to adapt, it's laziness overall.

dude, this is Alderamin author's new work. Not only is this well written like Alderamin was, but it's nowhere near bottom of the barrel.

MisterIncognito said:
Oh no. Another one of those magic high school anime that were popular about 5 years ago that people tend to forget after one season.
They stopped coming out since a few years ago. I wonder why are they coming back.

This has nothign to do with the usual magic academy anime (though it IS happening in a magic academy, the style is vastly different)
Not that I'm saying you should watch it though. But you're still wrong no matter what.

ninka22 said:

combination of gender is simmilar (not exactly but almost) to the first work from the same author : 3 girls + 3 men as main cast.

Socialloser said:

It's not an isekai, or at least in the way you mean, no.
ZefyrisDec 16, 2021 2:04 AM
Dec 15, 2021 1:41 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Zefyris said:

Hoppy said:

dude, this is Alderamin author's new work. Not only is this well written like Alderamin was, but it's nowhere near bottom of the barrel.

MisterIncognito said:

This has nothign to do with the usual magic academy anime (though it IS happening in a magic academy, the style is vastly different)
Not that I'm saying you should watch it though. But you're still wrong no matter what.

ninka22 said:

combination of gender is simmilar (not exactly but almost) as the first work from the same author : 3 girls + 3 men as main cast.

Socialloser said:

Zefyris said:

Hoppy said:

MisterIncognito said:

ninka22 said:

combination of gender is simmilar (not exactly but almost) as the first work from the same author : 3 girls + 3 men as main cast.

Socialloser said:

I liked Alderamin a lot so I'm even more excited to watch this now

More topics from this board

» 'Ganbare! Nakamura-kun!!' Reveals Production Staff, Teaser Promo, 2025 Debut

DatRandomDude - 5 hours ago

2 by zedtronic »»
16 minutes ago

» 'Lazarus' Unveils Main Staff, Cast, 2025 Premiere

DatRandomDude - 5 hours ago

5 by deg »»
2 hours ago

» 'Zenshuu.' Unveils Additional Cast, Second Teaser Promo for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - 4 hours ago

3 by Safuan12616 »»
2 hours ago

» New 'High Card' Episode Announces Guest Cast

Vindstot - 6 hours ago

0 by Vindstot »»
6 hours ago

» 'Magic Maker: Isekai Mahou no Tsukurikata' Unveils Additional Cast, Staff, First Promo for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - 7 hours ago

0 by DatRandomDude »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.