Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 18, 2021 7:13 AM

Oct 2010
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Shinobu's last chance to be with Ataru but Lum gets in the way, a very sad chapter for me - a Shinobu fan but that's life. Very crazy and fun chapter overall.
Aug 17, 2023 11:07 AM

Jan 2018
Classic. Lum lies about making a baby with Ataru. And she does far worse things in the same chapter.

That telephone quiz joke was hilarious. Even though I don't think I ever watched any program like that.

I'm not a fan of the new Viz translation. It seems like they completely skipped over some of the Japanese puns and replaced them with some generic jokes instead of explaining them or making something clever (like the Remake's subtitles did sometimes).

The dialogue in the translation feels very robotic or monotone. None of the characters don't seem to have any personality in their dialogue which is a huge shame.

Yeah, it's still pretty funny. But characters having little to no personality in the English translation is detrimental to a comedy series like Urusei Yatsura with so many recurring characters.
0451Aug 17, 2023 11:14 AM
May 18, 9:22 PM

Jun 2009
Never read the original translation but I feel like the characters have plenty of personality in the Viz translation.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia

More topics from this board

Poll: » Urusei Yatsura Chapter 15 Discussion

Catalano - Feb 25, 2022

2 by Ston3_FreeN7 »»
Jun 6, 9:55 PM

Poll: » Urusei Yatsura Chapter 12 Discussion

Catalano - Feb 19, 2022

2 by Ston3_FreeN7 »»
May 24, 9:45 PM

Poll: » Urusei Yatsura Chapter 6 Discussion

Catalano - Jan 29, 2022

3 by Ston3_FreeN7 »»
May 18, 10:00 PM

Poll: » Urusei Yatsura Chapter 345 Discussion

0451 - Dec 25, 2023

1 by ojmendez »»
Mar 6, 8:02 PM

Poll: » Urusei Yatsura Chapter 79 Discussion

0451 - Oct 28, 2023

1 by gannoncannon55 »»
Jan 19, 2:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.