Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 15, 2021 6:30 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Another episode with big action and mech combat. I'm surprised Yamato can even balance out his pilot and school life like this.

He's also kinda pushy when interacting with the female cast.
Oct 15, 2021 6:55 AM

Jul 2017

Is everyone on drugs?

Hakamada-sensei is sus, and is the attraction of the girls. Same like with the other students, they share their own backstory, but still at the surface level.

Yamato being targeted by the Arshem-possessed Asuna, but then manages to scrape past all the danger is kinda funny though. Kiyoka getting all flustered on the supposedly love confession, Asuna's definitely acting weird.

To find time for mech piloting for the trio, and with pilots being targeted by aliens, they're in no position to be complacent. For training or for real, the Musashi pilots have it easy for now.

Reiji's debut next episode with the cat mecha, his love for cats is unrivalled.

Probably like any other mecha show, gonna downgrade the score for now since the direction is kinda wonky, but at least the consistency is there.
KANLen09Oct 16, 2021 8:55 PM
Oct 17, 2021 4:22 PM
Jan 2018
Arshem's assassination attempts are like the snail assassin from Brigadoon. Except less interesting than that show. And kokuhaku is not necessary here. At all. I thought this was supposed to be hot blooded mecha action.

They changed the CGI for the better. If this is the way the art style is gonna go in, I can tolerate it. The stupidity of this show is less easy to tolerate. The Level 5 games I played had much better storytelling than whatever this is supposed to be. On the plus side, it took Back Arrow almost 12 episodes to get their CGI mech animation right. If this show can fix the CGI this quickly, just maybe..... the story can become a little more believable. If not, take the Valvrave approach and just make everything ridiculous. Then we can turn off our minds and watch the pretty colors.

We are all lucky not be born in Japan. The stats for bullying related death over there are horrific. And they just kind of accept it. It's really crazy that the most realistic part of a lot of anime is real life for so many people.
Oct 19, 2021 1:08 AM

May 2012
How this is rated below 6 ??? it is not that bad

Oct 21, 2021 1:35 PM

Jan 2009
the assassin is definitely that teacher

and that Diffusion Blaster is cool as fuck
Oct 21, 2021 3:30 PM

May 2009
Heh, Sawashiro voices evil alien queen and slutty AI assistant for Musashi's pilot.
Oct 22, 2021 8:22 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
With how the episode fights have been carried out and ignoring how dumb the cast can be, the rating seem too low. It's "turn off your brain" kinda fun and so far it works. This would sell me the game if I could even afford it in proper subs.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Oct 23, 2022 11:32 AM

Dec 2015
Still average. Guess it will be half school life, half CGI mecha desertic battlefield every episode.
While not as bad as in Lelouch, the mix isn't particularly effective either.

3/5

More topics from this board

Poll: » Megaton-kyuu Musashi Episode 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2021

24 by waldy713 »»
May 18, 8:44 PM

» Coming Soon on Crunchyroll Worldwide

removed-user - Mar 28

5 by Alkimia »»
Apr 25, 4:54 PM

Poll: » Megaton-kyuu Musashi Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2021

11 by dhell26 »»
Apr 4, 3:35 PM

Poll: » Megaton-kyuu Musashi Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2021

6 by TRI_Mike »»
Jun 12, 2022 7:08 PM

Poll: » Megaton-kyuu Musashi Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2021

8 by TRI_Mike »»
Jun 12, 2022 6:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.